GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='themightypencil']looks like you're the winner so far paul...i havent seen anyone else even report that their stores got em[/QUOTE]
yeah ive called about 6 stores and everyone has said tomorrow one said monday

[quote name='w00dm4n']
you have to transfer your license on xbox.com or you'll always have to be online when you want to play any content you bought before you got the new system.
[/QUOTE]

To clarify, you can do the license transfer at xbox.com/drm -- there's a helpful Major Nelson video up there that will tell you pretty much everything you need to know.
You'll need your new one online and signed in while you do it, and also you can only transfer the licenses once every 12 months.

For your save games, you can either use the hard drive transfer kit (i thought i read somewhere that if you own one, they would let you do it at the store, but ymmv), or you can transfer the data to a USB Flash Drive.

Does anyone know how thorough gamestop checks the controllers?

Mine is a wireless but after a while it disconnects and you have to reconnect

[quote name='iamdl']Did they mention anything about returning the hard drive in 7 days for promo credit or did you go ahead and trade it in.

Can't move those darn Mass Effect 2 saves to usb :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I had this problem at first as well with mass effect 2 saves but I noticed that if you do a transfer vs a move/copy that it works for the usb.

Just got back with one after trading in two 360s and a PS3 40GB. Took an entire hour and the manager didn't even know about the deal at 11AM. They had 4 slims in stock. He had to call to get a promo code to apply to the transaction to bump the TIV up.

Here is what I got for my trades (with edge card)

Broken PS3 $95 ($110+$25 hardware bonus-$40 refurb fee)
120GB $42.40
Wired headset $5.50
256mb memory card $14.40 (it stayed at $4.40 and he had to manually take off $10)
Xbox 360 $100
Broken 360 $50 ($60+$25 hardware bonus-$35 refurb. He would not apply $100 promo to multiple boxes in same transaction. Each Xbox must go towards a new slim on each transaction)
TOTAL=$307.30

I ended up paying $26.45 and I just found out after getting back to work that I was overcharged $7.10.
It should have been
$299+9.25% tax = $326.65

Trades of $307.30+$26.45 debit means I paid $333.75 for the slim. I'm not going back to fight it because I absolutely hate going into Gamestops and the manager was already getting tired of doing this trade-in and I doubt he would understand since the Gamestop receipts are weird enough how they add everything up.

[quote name='odogs4']Do they have to have the Slim in stock to trade in your 360?[/QUOTE]

To get the promo values? Yes, the Xbox Slim MUST be in stock in order to recieve these TIVs. Otherwise you get the usual TIVs.

[quote name='bert90987']I had this problem at first as well with mass effect 2 saves but I noticed that if you do a transfer vs a move/copy that it works for the usb.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks dude. :applause:

Called two other Gamestops in my area, one had no idea what I was talking about, and the other said "maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, I have no idea".

Also for people transferring their content, You can use an Ipod to transfer your content. I have a 15 gig 2nd gen Ipod with the wheel and I just finished transfering my 360 game saves, gamer profiles and other stuff to my ipod. But beware because I heard that the Ipod touch does not work.

[quote name='dreammastah']Just got back with one after trading in two 360s and a PS3 40GB. Took an entire hour and the manager didn't even know about the deal at 11AM. They had 4 slims in stock. He had to call to get a promo code to apply to the transaction to bump the TIV up.

120GB $42.40
Wired headset $5.50
256mb memory card $14.40 (it stayed at $4.40 and he had to manually take off $10)
Xbox 360 $100
Broken 360 $50 ($60+$25 hardware bonus-$35 refurb. He would not apply $100 promo to multiple boxes in same transaction. Each Xbox must go towards a new slim on each transaction)
TOTAL=$307.30

I ended up paying $26.45 and I just found out after getting back to work that I was overcharged $7.10.
It should have been
$299+9.25% tax = $326.65

Trades of $307.30+$26.45 debit means I paid $333.75 for the slim. I'm not going back to fight it because I absolutely hate going into Gamestops and the manager was already getting tired of doing this trade-in and I doubt he would understand since the Gamestop receipts are weird enough how they add everything up.[/QUOTE]

lol you just got robbed

damn ok so i know gamestop doesn't take the xbox controllers unless you have the battery case, and i wanted to trade one of my extra controllers, but i can't find its case. it has the rechargeable battery, and i see they take the battery by itself, so anyone know if i can trade in the controller with battery, and get credit for both?

Just got back with mine. Since its the first day on a new system, the completely automatic trade promotion is messed up and is giving way less than listed on the website. When the manager rung it up, it came out to $110 with a controller, 120gb hdd, wireless and wired controller. It was leaving all the accessories at regular trade in while the console only got bumped to $80. If you are going today and they have them, bring a printout of the ad just in case so you can have the manager override it. They did receive an email telling them to do it manually until it was fixed but some managers may not have seen it.

just picked mine up after giving up on the gamestop online order i put in last night .. corpus christi, tx area got 4 me and my brother each got 1 . 1 left as of about 30 minutes ago near walmart

[quote name='y2jasper']damn ok so i know gamestop doesn't take the xbox controllers unless you have the battery case, and i wanted to trade one of my extra controllers, but i can't find its case. it has the rechargeable battery, and i see they take the battery by itself, so anyone know if i can trade in the controller with battery, and get credit for both?[/QUOTE]

I';m having the same problem. If they don't take the rechargeable packs does anyone know where I can buy the battery packs?

[quote name='dreammastah']Just got back with one after trading in two 360s and a PS3 40GB. Took an entire hour and the manager didn't even know about the deal at 11AM. They had 4 slims in stock. He had to call to get a promo code to apply to the transaction to bump the TIV up.

120GB $42.40
Wired headset $5.50
Xbox 360 $100
TOTAL=$307.30

It should have been
$299+9.25% tax = $326.65

Trades of $307.30+$26.45 debit means I paid $333.75 for the slim. I'm not going back to fight it because I absolutely hate going into Gamestops and the manager was already getting tired of doing this trade-in and I doubt he would understand since the Gamestop receipts are weird enough how they add everything up.[/QUOTE]

$5.50 for wired headset? the crappy headset that comes with the 360s?

EDIT: Anyone have an idea of what I might get for my Live Vision Camera and VGA cable? im sure the values have plummeted but just curious

Trades from 6/16

UFC 2010 22.00
guitar hero 5 7.00
Street fighter 4 3.00
Call of duty WAW 6.00
Legends of Wrestlemania 5.00
WWE SVR 2009 4.00
TMNT 4.00
Xmen movie game 1.50
Bourne Conspiracy 3.00
Turok 1.50
Army of Two 3.00
Bully 6.00
Saboteur 5.00
Battlefield Bad Company 4.00
Saints Row 2 5.00
Call of Duty 2 2.50
King Kong 2.50

DS
Kingdom hearts 365/2 days 13.50
Ninja Gaiden 3.00
Lock's Quest 2.25
Sonic Rush Adventure 4.75

PS3
Red Faction 5.50
Battlefield Bad Company 2 22.00

Pardon my ignorance, but I read somewhere on this thread that they don't charge tax when you pay the entire purchase in store credit...is that true?

[quote name='mcdaking84']I';m having the same problem. If they don't take the rechargeable packs does anyone know where I can buy the battery packs?[/QUOTE]

well just got back from my local gamestop and asked about this, he said if i trade in the controller with a rechargeable battery, i will get only credit for the controller. if i bring in the charging cable as well i will get credit for both. hm

also DAAMN they had the new slims in stock and were scanning them when i walked in, i would have instantly gone back with my old console...except its currently on its way back from microsoft and won't be here until tuesday!!!!

and 1 TIV

Super Mario Galaxy- $12

after guaranteed $25 and EDGE it came to $26.20

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pardon my ignorance, but I read somewhere on this thread that they don't charge tax when you pay the entire purchase in store credit...is that true?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. I think it depends on where you live as tax laws can be different from state to state. I'm up in Reno and still pay tax when using store credit.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yes and no. I think it depends on where you live as tax laws can be different from state to state. I'm up in Reno and still pay tax when using store credit.[/QUOTE]

Alright...thanks. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask my GS clerk whenever I'm ready to make this purchase.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pardon my ignorance, but I read somewhere on this thread that they don't charge tax when you pay the entire purchase in store credit...is that true?[/QUOTE]
Depends upon the state/county laws but yes there are places like that. List in the FAQ in the first post.

EDIT: D'OH, got beat to the punch. Oh wells.

Doesn't look like the stores up by me have gotten their UPS shipments yet so I'll call again later.

Question for those who have the new Xbox 360. Is it really as quiet as all reports are suggesting? I'm hoping the sound is comparable to that of when a PS3 Slim is running a disc.

I'm very tempted to do this but my 360 is white and matches everything else I have including my pioneer surround sound system which was made to match the 360 in looks. Plus the camera is white, my chatpad, wireless headsets, controllers so I guess I'll just hold off. I'm on my 4th 360 and this one is under warranty until november so way I see it is why give up my perfectly working 360 which matches everything, 20gb hdd and 120gb hdd, component cables (which I'd have to repurchase) extra controller not to mention having to backup my data and still pay out $110 counting tax which I could buy 5 or 6 great 360 games with. Guess I'll hold off although if the console was out of warranty it would be a killer deal but I want to wait for some sort of bundle to come out later on in the year. Still I don't blame those who are going to try and take advantage of this deal because it is a deal considering you can buy a new 360 at walmart and amazon for basically $99 with games and memory card after getting a $50 gift card.

[quote name='dreammastah']120GB $42.40[/QUOTE]

120gb should have been $44.00. $40 + 10% Edge.

Today I traded in 120gb, 60gb, and a wireless controller and got $110. Also they don't charge tax if you pay for something entirely with credit here.

what do you think the odds would be that if I picked up one tomorrow, I would be able to flip it for the retail value? I'm wanting to sell my xbox and think this would get the most value out it. Do you think there will be enough demand?

[quote name='Gotenks']120gb should have been $44.00. $40 + 10% Edge.

Today I traded in 120gb, 60gb, and a wireless controller and got $110. Also they don't charge tax if you pay for something entirely with credit.[/QUOTE]

EDGE works off base prices, not promo prices. Base price for the 120 gb HDD is 24 bucks. And depending on state, you do pay tax even if you pay for everything entirely with credit.

What is it with you people and beating me to the punch?! Kidding. Glad to see it. I think I'm going to go take a nap in the phone closet for a while.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Doesn't look like the stores up by me have gotten their UPS shipments yet so I'll call again later.

Question for those who have the new Xbox 360. Is it really as quiet as all reports are suggesting? I'm hoping the sound is comparable to that of when a PS3 Slim is running a disc.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I cant even hear the damn thing.

Also, uploading some unboxing pics if anyone cares to see :3

[quote name='kataztrophik']EDGE works off base prices, not promo prices. Base price for the 120 gb HDD is 24 bucks. And depending on state, you do pay tax even if you pay for everything entirely with credit.[/QUOTE]

Like I said. I was given $44.00 for it. 40 + 4 edge, 35 for the 60gb 35 + 3.50 edge, controller 25 + 2.50 edge, total $110.

Nice Deal. My current 360 is on the verge of getting an e74 error. Whenever I play any game, other than XBLA games, the screen pixelates and makes the game unplayable. I've been having this problem for a couple of months but my stubborn 360 won't get the SRLOD.

I had planned on holding off on the 360 slim and just keeping the replacement console from MS but this deal is too good to pass up. After trading in the console and accesories, I would be getting a 360 slim for $58+tax. Hopefully, my 360 doesn't get the error before i'm able to do the GS deal.

Just got back from Gamestop - got the new console for $97 after tax.

They gave me $85 instead of $100 for my broken Arcade. Also traded in 2 wifi adapters (G), 1 extra wireless controller, 2 charge kits 2/battery, wireless headset, 20GB HDD, COD4, GH Van Halen (promo free one), and RB Beatles.

I got there before the store opened and I got the third one - looks like most stores will be getting 4 today (mine did).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Alright...thanks. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask my GS clerk whenever I'm ready to make this purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you're still in California as your profile suggests, you will be taxed using EDGE credit.

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone in Oklahoma get a new 360 today?[/QUOTE]

Been checking. Everyone is saying they don't know or to check back tomorrow.

[quote name='Mugatu']They gave me $85 instead of $100 for my broken Arcade.[/QUOTE]

They didn't apply the promo then. $85 is the current rate ($60 + $25 Hardware Bonus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back