GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to get the most credit out of my X360 250GB w/ Kinect, is now the best time to trade it in? Or do you think I could get more elsewhere?

Looking to get the most credit out of my X360 250GB w/ Kinect, is now the best time to trade it in? Or do you think I could get more elsewhere?
If you are referring to 50% coupon then you get the most bang for your buck as the 250Gb console w / wirelles controller will trade in at $135 making it 202.50 after the bonus. The kinect w / power cord trades in at $25 so with bonus would come out to $37.50. Thus, making the total come out to $240.00. Not too shabby I'd say.

The 30% promo is ok since with bonus it yields $175.50 on console and $32.50 on kinect. The total being $208. The difference is obvious between the two promos so that should help you decide.

JP don't quote me on the TIVs from today, since I used them from the database.

If you are referring to 50% coupon then you get the most bang for your buck as the 250Gb console w / wirelles controller will trade in at $135 making it 202.50 after the bonus. The kinect w / power cord trades in at $25 so with bonus would come out to $37.50. Thus, making the total come out to $240.00. Not too shabby I'd say.
How do you get the 50%? My PUR card expired awhile back, hopefully I can get that without having to renew my account.

EDIT: NVM just saw on the first page that you have to renew your membership. Is it worth renewing just to get that 50% bonus trade in credit?

How do you get the 50%? My PUR card expired awhile back, hopefully I can get that without having to renew my account.
nope. gotta renew

EDIT: NVM just saw on the first page that you have to renew your membership. Is it worth renewing just to get that 50% bonus trade in credit?
It is worth it if you have bunch of other stuff to go along with the console that has TIV higher than $10 since that is where you will maximize the benefits of the coupon vs the "Trade 3/5/7 Games Get Extra $10/20/35" promo. Also, it works towards anything (consoles, peripherals, tablets, phones, etc) so in that regards well worth it.

Today

DS lite holding at $30 but rep told me if I wait till tomorrow (E3) a new promo starts.

+30% on any console traded in during E3 TOWARDS a NEW Gen system

So I gain $10 on the DS lite by waiting till tomorrow

on a side note, a couple was ahead of me with a PS3 Slim 250 GB and BC wii CASH trade in

wii was deemed defective due to controller with a lil battery residue and PS3 only had HDMI cable (and no used only new AV cables -$17.99) all told with an extra PS3 controller they were only getting just over $100 cash, I offered $115 and now have 2 more consoles!

Crazy a garage sale wouldn't have a $10 wii...

and yes, I was luck GS rep was cool...

and would someone please post the exact verbage on the +50% tradein coupon for power up membership?

is it only for renewals or new?

I'm thinking about trading in the lite, PS3, wii next week and want to make sure I understand how to get and best use this coupon.

Thanks in advance.

Probably final set of seven for me(next will be the big trade in with the 50% bonus coupon with my more valuable stuff):

:360: Batman:Arkham City                         5.00

:360: Portal 2                                             15.00

:360: Dead Island                                       5.00

:ps3: Rayman Origins                                 6.00

:ps3: NCAA Football 13                              8.00

:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles             4.00

:3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy                8.00

and would someone please post the exact verbage on the +50% tradein coupon for power up membership?
is it only for renewals or new?

I'm thinking about trading in the lite, PS3, wii next week and want to make sure I understand how to get and best use this coupon.

Thanks in advance.
You get the coupon for new PUR membership or renwal. The only thing I am not sure is how long will the promo be in effect until. Everyone who has posted here has posted about one being valid until 7/31 which leads me to believe it will go on through June and July. Here is the exact verbiage right from the coupon:

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

JP, you can add that in the OP if you want to since that comes straight from the coupon.

Here's some tiv as of today
PS3 - Saints Row 3 $12.00
WWE 13 - $17.00
NCAA 11 - $2.00

Vita - PS Allstars $10.00
Modnation Racers $4.00

360 Kinect Sports $5.00
TNA Impact $2.00
Pinball Williams collection - $5.00
Madden 11 - $1.00

6/09

Xbox 360 COD: BO2 - $22

PS3 COD: BO2 - $22

Wired 360 Headset $3.50

After Last of Us Bonus ended with $66 credit.  Values held with Best Buy having new and used COD:BO2 on sale.

So, if I want to use one of those free headset power up reward coupons, but can't print it out, and don't have a smartphone where I can pull it up, can I just write down a coupon code and take it into the store, or do I have to wait until I can print it out?

PS3

Rayman Origins-$6.00

Metal Gear Collection-$12.00

XCOM- $11.00

Just traded these in

:ds:  Radiant Historia - $15

:360:  Dark Souls - $7

:360:  Tales Of Vesperia - $15

:ps3:  Jak And Daxter HD Collection - $5

:ps3:  Zone Of The Enders HD Collection -$7.50

:ps3:  Resident Evil 6 - $8

:ps3:  White Knight Chronicles 2 - $5

Got $97.50 after the 7/35 promo which is pretty good since i only payed $38 for them originally.

Ended up getting two $50 Amazon Kindle cards.

Just traded these in
:ds: Radiant Historia - $15
:360: Dark Souls - $7
:360: Tales Of Vesperia - $15
:ps3: Jak And Daxter HD Collection - $5
:ps3: Zone Of The Enders HD Collection -$7.50
:ps3: Resident Evil 6 - $8
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2 - $5
Got $97.50 after the 7/35 promo which is pretty good since i only payed $38 for them originally.
Care to elaborate how you got those games for $38? I thought Vesparia along was hard to find at sub $15 (been looking for one). Re6 cheapest would be GF $10 plus tax, Dark souls is generally $15, this is $40 already.

So, if I want to use one of those free headset power up reward coupons, but can't print it out, and don't have a smartphone where I can pull it up, can I just write down a coupon code and take it into the store, or do I have to wait until I can print it out?
Technically it would work but I bet many GS employees would have a problem accepting it w/o phone screen or printout.

Do I have to have a wireless controller when trading in a slim 360 to get the full TIV? I have a third party wired controller I could trade, but all my old official wireless controllers are banged up.

** Base TIVs as of 6/9/2013:

(3DS)

Rayman Origins - $8

(PS3)

SoulCalibur IV - $1

(Wii U)

Assassin's Creed III - $11

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition - $13

Mass Effect 3 Special Edition - $11

Resident Evil Revelations - $21

Scribblenauts Unlimited - $14

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed - $15

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $10

Technically it would work but U bet many GS employees would have a problem accepting it w/o phone screen or printout.
Last time it went pretty smooth for a lot us with the $10 off coupon from Coke, since nobody had a coupon that time, just a code. Worth a try.

Just traded these in
:ds: Radiant Historia - $15
:360: Dark Souls - $7
:360: Tales Of Vesperia - $15
:ps3: Jak And Daxter HD Collection - $5
:ps3: Zone Of The Enders HD Collection -$7.50
:ps3: Resident Evil 6 - $8
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2 - $5
Care to elaborate how you got those games for $38? I thought Vesparia along was hard to find at sub $15 (been looking for one). Re6 cheapest would be GF $10 plus tax, Dark souls is generally $15, this is $40 already.
Resident Evil 6 was my brothers but he gave it to me.

Bought Tales from my friend for $15 a while back.

Bought Dark Souls from Best Buy for $13 but only payed $3 because i had a $10 certificate.

I found a copy of White Knight 2 for $10 at Gamestop because someone goofed and priced it as the original.

Bought Jak And Daxter for $10 at Gamestop when they were doing the 50% off PS3 HD Collections.

One of my friends owed me money but gave me Radiant Historia instead.

And Zone Of The Enders HD was a gift for Christmas.

Not including tax and only counted out of pocket money which is why i said $38 instead of $48

I actually didn't want to trade Tales Of Vesperia because it's my favorite game of all time, but i already did everything possible in the game and i needed the extra $ for Xillia. Still wishing for the PS3 version of Vesperia to get localized...

Traded: June 9, 2013

Xbox 360

HARDWARE

XB360 Data Transfer Cable - $7.00

XB360 Charge Cable - $3.50

XB360 Recharge Battery Pack - $1.50

XB360 AVA HD/AV Cable - $3.50

XB360 Controller - Wireless - $17.00

GAMES

Anarchy Reigns - $5.00

Binary Domain - $4.00

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $5.00

Darksiders - $5.00

Dead Island GOTY - $7.00

Dead Rising 2 - $5.00

Dead to Rights: Retribution - $2.50

Dungeon Siege III - $5.00

Eternal Sonata - $5.00

Fallout New Vegas - $3.00

Game of Thrones - $5.00

Harry Potter Order of Phoenix - $3.00

Hitman Blood Money - $7.00

Left 4 Dead - $8.00

MGS HD Collection - $13.00
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - $1.00
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper - $5.00

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution - $12.00

Sleeping Dogs - $13.00

Star Wars: The Force Unleash 2 - $5.00

Two Worlds II - $2.00

WWE All-Stars - $9.00

You Don't Know Jack - $5.00

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - $7.50

PS3

HARDWARE

PS3 Controller USB Mini Cable - $2.00

PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller - $20.00

GAMES

BioShock Infinite - $18.00

Burnout Paradise - $4.00

Grand Theft Auto IV Complete - $10

Max Payne 3 - $6.00

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) - $15.00

Just for anybody interested, I bought that Newegg PS3 bundle and traded in everything but the $50 PSN card, one controller and the system and ended up getting $144 in credit back, making the PS3 itself ~$136 (assuming $50 value for the PSN card). Total haul was $444.xx.

EDIT: Alphabetized games.

It says it on first page of this thread. If you sign up or renew for PUR you'll get a B2G1 preowned coupon and 50% extra trade in credit coupon. No one knows when the promotion is ending.

It says it on first page of this thread. If you sign up or renew for PUR you'll get a B2G1 preowned coupon and 50% extra trade in credit coupon. No one knows when the promotion is ending.
ah, didn't see that

thx

last question

does it matter if I sign up online or in store?

I've never been a PUR member

ah, didn't see that

thx

last question

I'm pretty sure you can only sign up in-store. You should get the coupons 2-3 days after you activate your PUR

ah, didn't see that
thx

last question
I'm pretty sure you can only sign up in-store. You should get the coupons 2-3 days after you activate your PUR
I'm pretty sure you can re new online also. Mine recently ended and I keep getting emails to re new online

My drop today:

:360: Xbox 360 games:

Batman: Arkham City $5 (vanilla disc only, from collectors edition)

Dirt 3 $10

Lord Of The Rings: War In The North $6

Operation Flashpoint: Red River $5

Kinectimals $7

Crysis 2 $3

Sonic Generation $10

My Sims Sky Heroes $2.50

I got $89.45 for the trade in. Picked up my reserve copy of Skyrim: Legendary Edition for $59.99 (I traded the vanilla version in during a past promotion, knowing this was coming out) and picked up Mass Effect Trilogy (after playing through them all, i traded them in during a promotion knowing this was coming out). All in all i made all my money back with the exception of paying $12.00 for the balance. I left happy :razz: BTW im picking up Batman Arkham City GOTY tomorrow to pop into my "now complete!" collectors edition.

Trade-ins 06/09/13

:ps3:

Transformers: War for Cybertron $6

:360:

Catherine $7.50

Deadly Premonition $4

Dirt 3 $10

Dirt Showdown $8

:wii:

Batman: The Brave & The Bold $4

-->Wii U

do you get the extra 10% credit with this?

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends Unsure)

Spoiler

:360: 6/9/13

Alice Madness Returns - $13

Wireless Microphone - $4.25 (official)

:ps3: 6/9/13

Alice Madness Returns - $10

USB Cable - $2

Blu-ray Remote (any) - $1 (Intec, but any third party works)

:wii: 6/9/13

New Super Mario Bros - $15

Link's Crossbow Training - $.02

Hi, it's been a while since I've traded in anything and I don't remember the last time I signed up for their Edge/PUR thing. Today I went in to trade a few games and agreed to sign up for the PUR card. I traded the games in towards The Last of Us, which gives me 30% extra credit, but PUR is supposed to give me an extra 10% on top of all that right at sign up, right? So 40% total for today? I only ask because on my receipt the bonuses only add up to 30% extra. I didn't realize until I got home.

The clerk made a mistake, right?

Anyway, here's what I got, before bonuses --

06/09/13

Wii U 

New Super Mario Bros. U - $22

Vita

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $16

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $10

PS3

Sixaxis controller - $17

Hi, it's been a while since I've traded in anything and I don't remember the last time I signed up for their Edge/PUR thing. Today I went in to trade a few games and agreed to sign up for the PUR card. I traded the games in towards The Last of Us, which gives me 30% extra credit, but PUR is supposed to give me an extra 10% on top of all that right at sign up, right? So 40% total for today? I only ask because on my receipt the bonuses only add up to 30% extra. I didn't realize until I got home.

06/09/13

Wii U

Vita

PS3
Sixaxis controller - $17
There's a free PUR level that lets you accumulate points. The paid PUR (Pro) gets you sign up coupons and the extra 10% on game and accessory trades. Sounds like you signed up for the basic level.

06/09/13

Wii U

Vita

PS3
Sixaxis controller - $17
There's a free PUR level that lets you accumulate points. The paid PUR (Pro) gets you sign up coupons and the extra 10% on game and accessory trades. Sounds like you signed up for the basic level.
The $14.99 is the higher level, right? I paid for that one the moment I traded the games in.

06/09/13

Wii U

Vita

PS3
Sixaxis controller - $17
The $14.99 is the higher level, right? I paid for that one the moment I traded the games in.
So if I understand your statement correctly, then the next time you trade in using your PUR card, you will get am extra 10%.

Traded-In 7 games today (6/9/13). I'm showing the Base Value for the Trade-In only:

Xbox 360
Thor: God of Thunder - $5
Iron Man 2 - $7.50

Wii
Disney Epic Mickey - $3.50
Mario Kart - $12

Nintendo DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $7.50
Super Mario 64 DS - $10
New Super Mario Bros. - $10

Add-In the extra $35 for Trading-In 7 games, and I hauled in a total of $90.50 on this trade.

06/09/13

Wii U

Vita

PS3
Sixaxis controller - $17
So if I understand your statement correctly, then the next time you trade in using your PUR card, you will get am extra 10%.
So they aren't supposed to add the PUR 10% bonus to my trade ins if I sign up for the $15 program in the same transaction?

I expected 40% instead of 30%, tbh.

06/09/13

Wii U

Vita

PS3
Sixaxis controller - $17
So they aren't supposed to add the PUR 10% bonus if you're trading stuff in during the sign up?
As far as I know, I don't think they can unless your already an active subscriber and just renewing.

At least I never had that courtesy extended my way, ever. Even when I knew every GS employee, lol. (This is back when I lived in Ithaca, NY too)

As far as I know, I don't think they can unless your already an active subscriber and just renewing.

At least I never had that courtesy extended my way, ever. Even when I knew every GS employee, lol. (This is back when I lived in Ithaca, NY too)
Okay, I see. I was an Edge paid subscriber a couple years ago, so I don't know if I was renewing today or if PUR is a totally separate program that I signed up for.

I could've sworn that in the past I was given the extra 10% bonus for my trade ins when I signed up to a new paid subscription during the same transaction.

I guess I'm mistaken. Thanks for the answers anyway.

Here are trade in values I got Friday.

PS3

Dead Space    7.00

LBP Karting   10.00

Lord of The Rings: Conquest  8.00

Eternal Sonata  7.50

Catherine  8.00

Star Ocean The Last Hope International 10.00

Valkyria Chronicles  7.50

Devil May Cry HD Collection  7.50

Asura's Wrath 7.00

Heavy Rain 5.00

Devil May Cry 4 3.00

Lollipop Chainsaw 6.00

Silent Hill Homecoming  5.00

Rayman Origins 6.00

Bayonetta 3.00

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: GOTY 4.00

Fear 3  4.50

Nier  3.00

Little Big Planet 2  4.50

LA Noire 3.00

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix 2.50

Rise Of The Argonauts 1.00

Xbox 360

Mass Effect 5.00

Magna Carta 2 10.00

Spiderman Web Of Shadows 9.00

Deadly Premonition 4.00

Red Dead Redemption 5.00

Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom 2.50

Forza 3  1.50

Wii

Wii Play Motion  5.00

Epic Mickey 3.50

Sims 2 Castaway 5.00

My Sims Kingdom 1.50

Had 28 games $3+. He tried to run it all at the same time but it wasnt giving me the right credit so he did 4 seperate transactions so I got the $35 each time. The games under $3 I traded in towards The Last Of Us preorder so I could get the extra 30%. After all said and done, I have $271.07 in credit left. Allready had like $1.31 on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back