GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Refurb fee is for something not working right. Every time i've traded in a console, they tell me they format them at the warehouse. They always get upset because I wipe the HDD's before bringing the system in, and they have to go through the hassle of making a user account to make sure the console works

Looking to trade in my launch 360 with 20gb hard drive, a wii, and a launch 60gb ps3 to hopefully get enough altogether to get a ps4. I'll also be trading in 2 controllers and games for each. What type of deals should I try to be getting to maximize my value? Thanks for any help as I haven't done any trading at GameStop in ages and figure now is the best chance to unload this stuff for some sort of return before it totally loses value

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Refurb fee is for something not working right. Every time i've traded in a console, they tell me they format them at the warehouse. They always get upset because I wipe the HDD's before bringing the system in, and they have to go through the hassle of making a user account to make sure the console works
Been told this too. When I traded in my PS3, they told me they'd format it themselves. That's fishy business if they're charging a refurb fee for formatting. Especially a $50 one.

Looking to trade in my launch 360 with 20gb hard drive, a wii, and a launch 60gb ps3 to hopefully get enough altogether to get a ps4. I'll also be trading in 2 controllers and games for each. What type of deals should I try to be getting to maximize my value? Thanks for any help as I haven't done any trading at GameStop in ages and figure now is the best chance to unload this stuff for some sort of return before it totally loses value
you should pay $15 for powerup pro to get the 50% trade in coupon, find out which games are worth between $3-10 and trade them using the 3/5/7, and then trade everything else using the 50% coupon

I just renewed my pur pro membership and I was just wondering how I know when I get the 50% extra tiv coupon. Do I get an email or something?

I just renewed my pur pro membership and I was just wondering how I know when I get the 50% extra tiv coupon. Do I get an email or something?
You won't get an email, it will show up under your active offers when you log in to your PUR account on poweruprewards.com. It will take 24-48 hours to show up although it took me a bit longer.

io,
Beware your vanilla Batman save won't work with the GotY Edition.
Oh, yeah, no problem - I haven't played either Batman game yet - I should do that one of these days. I've bought/traded/sold/upgraded the original game as well a few times.

Renewed for the coupon Fri late afternoon and coupon was in my offers Sunday am

Today still holding -

PS3 Slim 250 GB  - $110

PS3 Six Axis Controller - $17

DS lite - $30

Have a few game amounts to post a lil later (receipt in car...)

Can you trade in two ps3's within the same transaction? Or is it just like games where it can't be done. I'm sitting on a 320gb ps3 and a 80gb ps3 I would love to get rid of with the 50% coupon.

i forgot to trade some items for the 50% bonus.  i just signed up like 4 days ago, if i go to the store to renew another year, will i still be eligible for a new coupon?

feel like a idiot to forget some items during the trade.

If my friend got the 50% coupon from renewing, can he give me the coupon and let me use it? Note, he already used it, but the employee didn't keep the coupon.

i forgot to trade some items for the 50% bonus. i just signed up like 4 days ago, if i go to the store to renew another year, will i still be eligible for a new coupon?

If they're games you can get a 50% trade coupon towards tlou and you can return the game later
If my friend got the 50% coupon from renewing, can he give me the coupon and let me use it? Note, he already used it, but the employee didn't keep the coupon.
The coupon can only be used once

If he used it, it should be removed from active offers. Im pretty sure your friends coupon is nothing more than a piece of paper now and wont work. One time use.

i forgot to trade some items for the 50% bonus. i just signed up like 4 days ago, if i go to the store to renew another year, will i still be eligible for a new coupon?

If they're games you can get a 50% trade coupon towards tlou and you can return the game later
The coupon can only be used once
No it was for hardware that i used the coupon, i need another one, wondering how do i generate one more, whether to open a separate membership or renew the one i just signed up for 4 days ago.

Ok, I really want to play my copy of The Last Of Us. My BestBuy and NewEgg / eBay copies won't come in till Thursday and I have to work that day. Can I just buy this at Gamestop and return one copy to them. Is the refund for credit or a direct refund on my card?

Ok, I really want to play my copy of The Last Of Us. My BestBuy and NewEgg / eBay copies won't come in till Thursday and I have to work that day. Can I just buy this at Gamestop and return one copy to them. Is the refund for credit or a direct refund on my card?
If it's unopened and within the return window, the refund is the in the original form of payment.

I got an email telling me I got my coupons, but I was checking and checking beforehand. You may get the coupons before you get the email. Took mine 2 days.

I have been thinking about signing up for another year to try and get another 50% coupon, too. Lol. Let me know if you do it and get another coupon! Heck, I might try this anyway.

I got an email telling me I got my coupons, but I was checking and checking beforehand. You may get the coupons before you get the email. Took mine 2 days.

I have been thinking about signing up for another year to try and get another 50% coupon, too. Lol. Let me know if you do it and get another coupon! Heck, I might try this anyway.
Some have confirmed getting multiple sets of coupons by renewing more than once.

If it's unopened and within the return window, the refund is the in the original form of payment.
Thank you! Going to just buy it later on today and return the BB copy to them. Didn't think BB would take so long to get the game to me. Next time I'll do in store pickup.

Is the MW3 steelbook worth anything or should I just use it towards a tiered trade?
Keep it, trade your game in disc-only. If they try to give you a refurb fee point to the hundreds of case-less games GS sells. If they still give you a hard time try another GS.

As for if it's worth anything or not, no idea, I personally love all steelbooks I get.

I renewed today so we will see when I get my coupon. A coworker just sold me his 4gb slim 360 for $75, so that should be nice profit with the trade in bump.

Just got the coupon. It says it expires on 8/31.

I'll probably use it tonight or tomorrow on my PS3. I would really like to buy a cheap older Xbox 360 on eBay or something for under $75 and just sell my slim for $200 w coupon.

Some have confirmed getting multiple sets of coupons by renewing more than once.
Ooo... Thanks! Do you know if RROD X360 will get the bonus even though there will be a refurb fee?

Ooo... Thanks! Do you know if RROD X360 will get the bonus even though there will be a refurb fee?
You will get the bonus and then be charged a $25 refurb fee after. For example I traded mine for $60 plus 50% made it $90 - 25 for refurb. Ended up with $65.

I'll take that MW3 Steelcase off your hands ;)

ps3 base -

Star Trek - 12 (thank god, i hated this game, one of few games i rage quit and didn't finish. co op on Hard with my daughter didnt work out)

Uncharted 3 - 3 still. upgraded to goty for 12 (20-8) all dlc for 12 and i might flip game back and just play ps+ version, but idk so many gig. Glad i didn't bite on that $20 unch3 dlc sale.

Does anyone know if the Saints Row Full Pacakge DLC works with the download version? If so gonna trade mine in

I'll take that MW3 Steelcase off your hands ;)

ps3 base -

Star Trek - 12 (thank god, i hated this game, one of few games i rage quit and didn't finish. co op on Hard with my daughter didnt work out)

Uncharted 3 - 3 still. upgraded to goty for 12 (20-8) all dlc for 12 and i might flip game back and just play ps+ version, but idk so many gig. Glad i didn't bite on that $20 unch3 dlc sale.
I'd be happy to sell it you, it's mint with all the inserts but it's the 360 version.

Do you not get points when you use the 50 percent coupon?
Got my points, regret getting $20 off pre-owned coupon before tho.. now like 2k short for PS+ membership (not good value but i'm pinching pennies atm)

I see they finally updated Steal of the Week on the PUR site

Has anyone had any problems with preordering a game, it taking the $5 off your account then later when you want to move another preorder to that one, them saying the first game was not preordered even though the money was taken off? I preordered pokemon x 2 weeks ago. 3 days ago I preordered pokemon y and I wanted to move the x preorder over the y one, but they said x wasn't on my account even though the money was taken off and i hadn't been in any gamestop since I preordered pokemon x. Is there anything I can do?

Once you use the 50% coupon, does it disappear from your account?

Used mine already and it's still there. wondering if I can use it again or if it's void.

Has anyone had any problems with preordering a game, it taking the $5 off your account then later when you want to move another preorder to that one, them saying the first game was not preordered even though the money was taken off? I preordered pokemon x 2 weeks ago. 3 days ago I preordered pokemon y and I wanted to move the x preorder over the y one, but they said x wasn't on my account even though the money was taken off and i hadn't been in any gamestop since I preordered pokemon x. Is there anything I can do?
Solve the equation for x ;). I kid! If you still have the receipt from the time you prordered, take that as proof and ask them to cancel it and put it towards the other. Take both receipts just to be safe so they don't confuse one with the other.

I see all the reward coupons are back for point purchasing.  Do you guys think any decent steal of the weeks will appear or should I get rid of my 40k points on one of those 25 off anything coupons?

Anarchy Oblivion is that you? Threw me off their for a sec with your new name and it's funny when I say you are a "Hoarder" now. Still waiting on your reports of an epic trade in.

Anarchy Oblivion is that you? Threw me off their for a sec with your new name and it's funny when I say you are a "Hoarder" now. Still waiting on your reports of an epic trade in.
Lol, yeah it's me. I have a current epic trade in going on that's netted me 1.5k so far (no real money involved); unfortunately, this one can't be revealed until I can safely never need to purchase gas again.

Do you not get points when you use the 50 percent coupon?
Got my points, regret getting $20 off pre-owned coupon before tho.. now like 2k short for PS+ membership (not good value but i'm pinching pennies atm)

I see they finally updated Steal of the Week on the PUR site
Do the points show on your receipt or something because i don't see them thier or any account online?

Lol, yeah it's me. I have a current epic trade in going on that's netted me 1.5k so far (no real money involved); unfortunately, this one can't be revealed until I can safely never need to purchase gas again.
I figured you would have something up your sleeve. Lol! I have a hunch what you are upto but I could be wrong so I will let you reveal it if and when you are up to it. This should be good!

Just swapped some stuff in

PS3

Portal 2 10

Infamous Collection 10

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 1.20

Wii

TMNT Smash Up 9

Dragon's Lair Trilogy 3

Dead Rising Chop till you Drop 5

NHL 2K9 .75

Need for Speed Pro Street 2.50

DS

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow 3

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin 4

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 2.50

3DS

Super Mario 3d Land 15

Not bad, got The Last of Us and a used Remember Me, used a $20 off used coupon and got $13.63 left on my card. Unfortunately I didn't want to trade any more Wii games or I could have probably walked out with a couple hundred more dollars, and I didn't want to get rid of my recent yard sale PS3 games until I finish them.

Just got the coupon. It says it expires on 8/31.

I'll probably use it tonight or tomorrow on my PS3. I would really like to buy a cheap older Xbox 360 on eBay or something for under $75 and just sell my slim for $200 w coupon.
I wouldn't wati till tomorrow...

I have a feeling a number of consoles will be dropping in base value after the last few days... hope I'm wrong...

Is it safe to buy $400+ (probably close to $900) worth of Amazon cards from Gamestop with credit.  Or is that cause for a flag to your account and a ban?

I traded in a 250GB 360, a 500GB PS3, and about 30ish games for $909 store credit.  Thank you guys for the heads up on these deals.  I used the 50% more credit today, two days ago I took advantage of the 3/5/7 deal with all my games that were under $10 base.

Of the systems/games I traded in today...

500GB PS3 - 130.00

250GB 360 - 135.00

PS3

Devil May Cry DMC - 13.00

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - 22.00

Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy - 13.00

Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch - 17.00

Dance Central 3 -15.00

MGS Rising - 15.00

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - 22.00

Wii

New Super Mario Bros - 14.00