GameStop TIV/Promos XXVI: Values available on Android/iOS app. Games with guaranteed $40/$30 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)
GameStop.com said:

$125 in credit on PS3/360 traded towards New PS4 (Ends 11/9/14)
GameStop.com said:
870x305_PS4TRADE_125_nocta.jpg

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,24,25

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
the coupons
WhclD3P.jpg

Time Machine Instructions
it all about the flux capacitor which is rectangular-shaped compartment with three flashing Geissler-style tubes and require 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power to operate, which is roughly equivalent to the power produced by 15 regular jet engines

install into any model car that you want to become the time machine Delorean is preferable and turns on the time circuits, activating a unit containing multiple fourteen- and seven-segment displays that show the destination, present, and last-departed dates and times. After entering a target date, accelerates the car to 88 miles per hour (141.6 km/h), to activates the flux capacitor
That coupon pic looks familiar...

So gamestop is taking skylander figures now? Do I need a coupon to trade them in or does it do it automatically?

$45 is the going rate around here.
you mean 45 cents. also wonder if you can sign up to PRO and get the coupons now or they just sent them out once a month

still up in the air if i want to dump mine or not. My old system is nice BUT if i dont power it off it will drain the battery overnight. it still holds the charge there is just something that keeps it from going into sleep mode

you mean 45 cents. also wonder if you can sign up to PRO and get the coupons now or they just sent them out once a month

still up in the air if i want to dump mine or not. My old system is nice BUT if i dont power it off it will drain the battery overnight. it still holds the charge there is just something that keeps it from going into sleep mode
Just curious, aside from the trade offer from GS, is there another motive to get rid of the Vita? I mean, the only game I'd really want to play right now on it (exclusively) is Gravity Rush....and my PSP library given that I'd be able to...load the good stuff onto it.

The Vita's had a short run...there's gotta be more stuff right?

Just curious, aside from the trade offer from GS, is there another motive to get rid of the Vita? I mean, the only game I'd really want to play right now on it (exclusively) is Gravity Rush....and my PSP library given that I'd be able to...load the good stuff onto it.

The Vita's had a short run...there's gotta be more stuff right?
I use it for remote play.

I just sold most of my kids Skylanders (110 of them) and got $400 in credit and a Power Ups Rewards Membership which raised the credit by 10%.

I still have the rare ones at home I will put scans of receipt later.

I'm going to dump my 46 collection of Skylander figures tomorrow.  Does anyone know if they take the "playset" pieces or is it just the figures? 

Went to pick up a preorder today and flip a game. A new employee doing the transaction took forever. Then the dirty bitch who shut me down on using my last few $5 off kongregates a few weeks ago came out the back coughing all over the place and in her hands. Was hoping she didn't pick up my preorder out the draw, but she did. If it weren't for these trade bonuses and flips I'd avoid this place completely. Fortunately, I have lysol, so it's being cleaned right now.

Diablo III :ps3: : $11
fuck

The lysol got inside the plastic sealing and ruined the cover art and backside of the manual. The disc seems to be okay, though. :wall:

Lysol is a helluva disinfectant. If you ever do this for whatever reason wipe it dry ASAP, lesson learned... Well, I know who to cancel my CoD:AW preorder on if I get in on this supposed 30% trade promo coming up!

Anyone know a good site for video game cover arts? Recommended paper type? Been wanting to print covers for awhile anyway, so this is the thing that gets me to do it. Go figure.

fuck

The lysol got inside the plastic sealing and ruined the cover art and backside of the manual. The disc seems to be okay, though. :wall:

Lysol is a helluva disinfectant. If you ever do this for whatever reason wipe it dry ASAP, lesson learned... Well, I know who to cancel my CoD:AW preorder on if I get in on this supposed 30% trade promo coming up!

Anyone know a good site for video game cover arts? Recommended paper type? Been wanting to print covers for awhile anyway, so this is the thing that gets me to do it. Go figure.
dumbass lmao

Have a vita coupon which i will trade  for offers... not really sure its value or  may just use it myself ... if i can get the 64gb card someone said they will sell me for 80 i will use it myself  :)

I'm going to dump my 46 collection of Skylander figures tomorrow. Does anyone know if they take the "playset" pieces or is it just the figures?
When I traded mine in today they had a sign up, and it just said "we take your used interactive figures", with a picture of a Skylander and an Infinity figure. Also the packet of SKU numbers that the guy flipped through did not have any playsets in it.

If you don't mind dealing with PayPal and shipping your phone check out swappa.com. You can buy and sell phones there, I've sold a few with no issue. Looks like the cheapest one sold for recently was $240. If you're really looking to sell it fast just list it low and it should sell quick.
Thanks!

Was taking with a friend that works at gamestop they said they have been told trade in deals are going to be limited now. And that values have been bumped. Don't really believe that second part lol

Was taking with a friend that works at gamestop they said they have been told trade in deals are going to be limited now. And that values have been bumped. Don't really believe that second part lol
I believe them...when I consider that "bumped" might mean $3-$5................... :whistle2:k

I was hoping you were in canada or somewhere but I checked the website and sure enough 57.99 $ used ... not good !
Yeah I saw it in store today... The employee was didn't know if this was going to become a trend.

ain't that some bullllllllllshit
Agreed. I was going to buy it will the bday coupon, plus a $5 off used PUR coupon, but I held off just because they jacked the price up.

Well I decided to trade my Vita in. $160 was just too tempting considering I paid nothing out of pocket for the system about 15 months ago.  I was able to snag a used Vita from GS with the deal of the week coupon for 100,000 points. The previous year I did a lot of trading and I had about 250,000 points banked.  I like the Vita but I never take it out with me unless I am visiting my parents which is like 3-4 times a year.  It also eliminates some backlog PS+ games so there is that.  Might hold onto my 32GB card in case I get PS Vita TV but I also have a 8 GB card I could use for that. 

I have a Vita coupon that I don't need. Best offer gets it. If nobody offers anything of value by 12 ET, I'll just give it to the first person who PM's me. 

Just traded infinity figs at a different store. Manager had to call another store,they had no signage up and he rudely stated "no, we've never taken those as trades" . Well jokes on you buddy, ya do now. He did say they didn't take jack skellington or lightning McQueen, for whatever reason. Anybody else have any experiences with this?

has anyone posted TIV's for some of the skylander's figures?
Transaction #1, two games, plus all swap force figs roughly $420, Transaction 2 was roughly 302 and Transaction 3 was around 80, She rang up one figure wrong, and she missed one but it was only a few dollars, if they had a current 30% preorder promo it would have been more. and Yes this is a complete collection I unloaded, was tempting to give them to a younger relative, didnt want the hassle of selling online, so this worked out great, The girl trading me in had a great attitude aswell, even though I dumped all these figures on her. Rest of the list is up. Steal is Fire Bone Hot Dog retails for $9.99 and can still be found trades for more. I know I would have maybe made more online, but alot of these wouldn't have sold online

Watch Dogs X1 20

DKC Trop Freeze wiiu 25.00

Swap Force Figs

Zoo Lou 2.50

Thorn Horn Came 6

Fryno 4.50

Dark Ninja Stealth Elf 1.50

Starstrike Lightcore 4.50

Mega Ram Spyro 3

Blizzard Chill 2

Phantom Cynder 4.5

Blast Zone 2

Dark Blast Zone 2

Boom Jet 4

Bumble Blast Light Core 6

Jolly Bumble blast 4

Bumble Blast 4

Twin Blade Chop Chop 3.5

Countdown Lightcore 6

Countdown 2.5

Kickoff Countdown 2.5

Doom Stone 6.30

Dune Bug 4

Lava Barf Eruptor 2.5

Volanic Lava Barf Eruptor 2.5

Lightcore Flash wing 3.5

Free Ranger 5

Legendary Free Ranger 5

Freeze Blade 5

Nitro Freeze Blade 5

Anchors Away Gill grunt 1.75

Grilla Drilla 6.5

Legendary Light Core Grim Creeper 5

Light Core Grim Creeper 4.5

Grim Creeper 1

Hoot Loop 4

Enchanted Hoop Loot 4

Fire Bone Hot dog 12.5

Turbo Jet Vac 4.5

Jade Fire Kraken 2.5

Fire Kraken 2.5

Magna Charge 10

Nitro Magna Charge 10

Legendary Night Shift 6.5

Night Shift 5.5

Light Core Pop Fizz 8

She rang up my Reg Pop Fizz as gaints...

Pop Thorn 8

Hyper Beam Prism Break 4

Punk Shock 7

Rattle Shake 5

Quick Draw Rattle Shake 5

Riptide 2.5

Roller Brawl 2.5

Rubble Rouser 6.5

Scorp 3

Scratch 4.5

Slobber Tooth 4.5

Smolderdash Lightcore 4

Smolderdash 3

Sprocket Heavy Duty 4

Spy Rise 6.5

Mega Ram Spyro 3

Lightcore Star Strike 4.5

Star Strike 3.5

Ninja Stealth Elf 1.5

Stink Bomb 6

Knockout Terrafin 3

Big Bang Trigger Happy 4

Springtime Trigger Happy 4

Lightcore Warnado 3

Wash Buckler 3.5

Dark wash Buckler 3.5

Whamshell Lightcore 5.5

Legendary Zoo Lou 3.5

Wind Up 3.75

Edit 2: Giants

Giants Figs

Legendary Bouncer 4

Bouncer 3

Bash 15

Chill 2

LC Chill 6.5

Legendary LC Chill 4

Chop Chop 2.5

Crusher 5

Granite Crusher 5

Cynder 1.5

Glow in the dark Cynder 1.5

Double Trouble 3

Royal Double Trouble 3

Drill Sergeant 2

Drobot 7

Drobot LC 2.5

Eruptor 2.5

Eye Brawl 4

Flameslinger 3

Flashwing 2

Fright Rider 3

Gill Grunt1.5

LC Hex 3

Hex 3

Hot Dog 5

Molten Hot Dog 5

Erupter LC 3

Ignitor 2.5

Legendary Ignitor 3

Legendary Jet Vac 3

LC Jet Vac 2.5

Lightning Rod 3.5

Scarlet Ninjini 4.5

Ninjini 4

LC Pop Fizz 8

Pop Fizz 2.5

Punch Pop Fizz 2.5

LC Prism Break 3.5

Prism Break 4.5

Shroomboom 2

LC Shroomboom 2.5

Slam Bam 3.5

Legendary Slam Bam 5

Sprocket 2

Spyro 4

Stealth Elf 3

Stump Smash 2

Swarm 3.5

Terrafin 3.5

Thumpback 5

Tree Rex 2

Gnarly Tree Rex 4.5

Trigger Happy 2.5

Whirlwind 2.5

Polar Whirlwind 5

Wrecking ball 3.5

Zook 3.5

Zap 3

Jet Vac 1.5

Legendary Steath Elf 3.5

Sonic Boom 3

Jade Flashwing 2

Spyro's Adventure Figs

Bash 3.5

Camo 5.5

Chop Chop 1.5

Legendary Chop Chop 5

Cynder 2

Dinorang 2

Double Trouble 3

Drill Sergeant 1.5

Drobot 2

Erupter 2

Boomer 7

Flameslinger 2.5

Ghost Roaster 14

Gill Grunt 1.75

Hex 3

Ignitor 2

Legendary Bash 7.5

Lightning Rod 1.5

Prism Break 3

Slam Bam 3.75

Sonic Boom 2

Dark Spyro 4

Legendary Spyro 4.25

Spyro 3

Steath Elf 1.5

Stump Smash 1.5

Sunburn 5

Terrafin 3.25

Trigger Happy 2.5

LEgendary Trigger Happy 3.25

Voodood 2

Warnado 1.5

Whamshell 4.5

Whirldwind 1.5

Wrecking Ball 2.5

Zap 4.5

Zook 2
More like almost every single one

Just traded infinity figs at a different store. Manager had to call another store,they had no signage up and he rudely stated "no, we've never taken those as trades" . Well jokes on you buddy, ya do now. He did say they didn't take jack skellington or lightning McQueen, for whatever reason. Anybody else have any experiences with this?
When you get a chance can you post values? Please and thank you

I really hope gamestop will have atleast a 30% extra trade in credit next week since the value of gta v which I got for $16 at target went down to $16.50..

am i hearing this right, is GS taking in disney infinity toys?

I really hope gamestop will have atleast a 30% extra trade in credit next week since the value of gta v which I got for $16 at target went down to $16.50..
You'll still make a nice profit if you flip it without the bonus now.

Well I decided to trade my Vita in. $160 was just too tempting considering I paid nothing out of pocket for the system about 15 months ago. I was able to snag a used Vita from GS with the deal of the week coupon for 100,000 points. The previous year I did a lot of trading and I had about 250,000 points banked. I like the Vita but I never take it out with me unless I am visiting my parents which is like 3-4 times a year. It also eliminates some backlog PS+ games so there is that. Might hold onto my 32GB card in case I get PS Vita TV but I also have a 8 GB card I could use for that.
was your 250,000 points from BF ipad trade in bonanza. only 2 more months to find out.

You're too sketchy to buy or trade from, I don't trust people without avatars.
Lol I've been on this site for years, just never had an avatar. I don't post enough. That's cool though no biggie. I'm not begging people just figured I'd offer here first before eBay or the like as I don't necessarily want $$ for it.

When you get a chance can you post values? Please and thank you
Sure:
Woody-$4
Syndrome-$9.50
Sulley-$2
Randall-$5.50
Mr.incredible-$2.50
Mike-$3.50
Jessie-$5.50
Francesco-$6.50
Davy Jones-$4
Dash-$3.50
Buzz-$5
Barbossa-$3
Holley Shiftwell-$4

Total after PUR-$63.80

The guy said they didn't take Jack Skellington or Lightning McQueen. He also said they didn't take the playset pieces, whatever you call them. The clear pieces that contain new story levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back