GameStop TIV/Promos XXVI: Values available on Android/iOS app. Games with guaranteed $40/$30 and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system or the value will not get updated. I don't always know it and I'm doing these updates from work to keep them as updated as often as possible so I can't spend time searching for that info.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)
GameStop.com said:

$125 in credit on PS3/360 traded towards New PS4 (Ends 11/9/14)
GameStop.com said:
870x305_PS4TRADE_125_nocta.jpg

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21,22,23,24,25

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
20% boost code is ebc3046618
Thanks for this. It would've come in handy a few hours ago during this cluster fuck of a promotion. I went to two stores and the first one knew NOTHING about it and would do nothing about it. Furthermore, I had a PUT coupon to renew my PUR Pro and this dipshit couldn't even figure out how to make that work. He kept scanning the coupon and nothing happened and said that there had to be an item in the transaction for the coupon to work. I mentally face palmed myself, asked for my stuff and said that I'll just go to ____'s store at the mall.

The guy at the second store knew about it, but the wording on the flyers made it seem like it was bonus points, not credit. When I pointed out that the online/email ad for the promo specifically states CREDIT (the flyer and digital ad are very similar, aside from the one sentence). The guy tried for about 20 freaking minutes to find the email from corporate before ultimately doing a manual adjustment. Bonus for me because he added 30% on top of my PUR, giving me 40% extra, which made up for the headache I endured during this BS fest.

I have to go back and trade in a few more duplicates at the first store, so the code should make it easier.

Thanks for this. It would've come in handy a few hours ago during this cluster fuck of a promotion. I went to two stores and the first one knew NOTHING about it and would do nothing about it. Furthermore, I had a PUT coupon to renew my PUR Pro and this dipshit couldn't even figure out how to make that work. He kept scanning the coupon and nothing happened and said that there had to be an item in the transaction for the coupon to work. I mentally face palmed myself, asked for my stuff and said that I'll just go to ____'s store at the mall.

The guy at the second store knew about it, but the wording on the flyers made it seem like it was bonus points, not credit. When I pointed out that the online/email ad for the promo specifically states CREDIT (the flyer and digital ad are very similar, aside from the one sentence). The guy tried for about 20 freaking minutes to find the email from corporate before ultimately doing a manual adjustment. Bonus for me because he added 30% on top of my PUR, giving me 40% extra, which made up for the headache I endured during this BS fest.

I have to go back and trade in a few more duplicates at the first store, so the code should make it easier.
With GSO being down, no store could find it. One dude wanted to be a dick about it. Other than that I blame corporate on this half ass event. Should have done this 2-3 weekends before the release with an in-store demo. Plus actually telling the employees about it. At least I now know about GSO.

The email for the call of duty bonus said Saturday Sept 27th only but I asked about preordering the console bundle to get the 30% bonus instead of 10% and after a few minutes of looking in the computer he found the promo code for the bonus and it still worked today.

Got $104 for the 4 pokemon games that I bought with the b2g2 coupon

The email for the call of duty bonus said Saturday Sept 27th only but I asked about preordering the console bundle to get the 30% bonus instead of 10% and after a few minutes of looking in the computer he found the promo code for the bonus and it still worked today.

The front of the ad says 9/27/14 only, while the back says 9/27/14-9/28/14. The whole thing was one giant fuck job by corporate.

With GSO being down, no store could find it. One dude wanted to be a dick about it. Other than that I blame corporate on this half ass event. Should have done this 2-3 weekends before the release with an in-store demo. Plus actually telling the employees about it. At least I now know about GSO.
That still doesn't excuse the first dipshit I dealt with, though.

I have a question, does a $40 off coupon work on a $39.99 game?

Edit: LOL, I'm a dumba$$. $40 off coupons don't exist.

lifesaver with this one. Can't believe stores went all weekend without knowledge of this or where to find it. smh.
I hope I got the code right? The employee was writing it down and I snuck a quick peek when he was staring at the screen but I tried to be really discreet about it so I typed the code into my phone really quick so I didn't get a chance to double check my numbers. I'm assuming the promo is coded to only last through today but it would be nice if somebody that does a trade tomorrow experiments with this.

Yeah, I actually had a similar experience. My store couldn't find the email and gave me the spiel about "no more promos" but I persisted and said that I know that the promo does exist and showed them the email which stated it was good for this weekend. They would not bother giving me a manual adjustment at my suggestion and just made me wait the 20 minutes to find the resolution. The manager called other stores and after 2 stores, one of them acknowledged it existing. The GSO announcements are segregated and I think he messed up by not looking at the 9/27 or 9/26 ones because I overheard the third store explaining to him to look at the CoD announcement from earlier. I would have done my trade earlier but I'm on the west coast and I was waiting for the new weekly ad to kick in first before I was going to come in and consolidate everything in one big trade.

The email states 9/28 at the bottom of the fine print.

Sounds like a lot of these stores didn't have a conference call last Friday, or didn't go over the COD event details during it. I haven't had any customers come in to trade in for the promotion so far.

GSO stands for GameStop Online. It's the browser used to view updates and whatnot.

I know everyone's pissed but I like these mystery promotions where you don't know what to expect.

Last edited:
I was in Gamestop today and they had an ad showing that they will be guaranteeing $40 TIV for almost every game coming out this fall for PS4/XB1. 

Just got back from my experiment with the coupons and codes there. I failed to combine the birthday coupon with the B2G2, but that's because my items were 4 copies of Pokemon Black which all had the same price so the cheapest one went free anyway.

I bought 4 copies with that coupon for $63.80. Traded them in with the CoD 30% bonus for $104. Net profit = $40 :) Not bad for 13,000 points.

Alright folks, remember to fill out those surveys. I usually let them slide on less than average CS, but this COD:AW promo thing was FUBAR. Total lack of communication, training, etc. Crazy thing is the surveys will go to the DMs who I partially blame for this.

Alright folks, remember to fill out those surveys. I usually let them slide on less than average CS, but this COD:AW promo thing was FUBAR. Total lack of communication, training, etc. Crazy thing is the surveys will go to the DMs who I partially blame for this.
Did the code not work?

So you get 20% more trade in value for putting it towards COD? Can I put the money towards something else or is it locked into a COD preorder? 

Did the code not work?
Code worked fine, but I was at the register for ~20 minutes before I checked CAG and just told them to type in the code. He checked his email, marketing book, and even called another store and no one knew.

Didn't you see your lifesaver shout out?

So you get 20% more trade in value for putting it towards COD? Can I put the money towards something else or is it locked into a COD preorder?
I think it's requires you to have a preorder deposit towards CoD at the same time. The only way to confirm this is if somebody makes a trade tomorrow and tries to use it at the same time as an experiment.

Code worked fine, but I was at the register for ~20 minutes before I checked CAG and just told them to type in the code. He checked his email, marketing book, and even called another store and no one knew.

Didn't you see your lifesaver shout out?
Ah, ok good. I misread your post more as a preemptive type of response. Glad it helped you out. I posted it in real time since I was waiting for 20 minutes too. Good fortune that you and I were trading at the same time then. Could have been worse.

Here is a list of the "Guaranteed $40/30/25" titles, for those who are wondering.

Guaranteed $40:

:ps4: :xb1: Assassin's Creed Unity - Starts 11.11.14

:ps4: :xb1: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Starts 11.4.14

:ps4: :xb1: Destiny - Ends 10.8.14

:ps4: :xb1: Dragon Age Inquisition - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: The Evil Within - Starts 10.14.14

:ps4: :xb1: Far Cry 4 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: FIFA 15 - Ends 10.22.14

:xb1: Forza Horizon 2 - Starts 9.30.14

:xb1: Halo: Master Chief Collection - Starts 11.11.14

:ps4: :xb1: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: Madden 15 - Ends 9.25.14

:ps4: :xb1: NBA 2K15 - Starts 10.7.14

:ps4: :xb1: NHL 15 - Ends 10.8.14

:xb1: Sunset Overdrive - Starts 10.28.14

:wiiu:  Super Smash Bros. - TBA

:ps4: :xb1: WWE 2K15 - Starts 11.18.14

Guaranteed $30:

:ps3: :360: Assassin's Creed Rogue - Starts 11.11.14

:ps3: :360: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - Starts 10.14.14

:ps3: :360: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Starts 11.4.14

:ps3: :360: Destiny - Ends 10.8.14

:ps3: :360: Dragon Age Inquisition - Starts 11.18.14

:ps3: :360: The Evil Within - Starts 10.14.14

:ps3: :360: Far Cry 4 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps3: :360: FIFA 15 - Ends 10.22.14

:360: Forza Horizon 2 - Starts 9.30.14

:ps3: :360: Madden 15 - Ends 9.25.14

:ps3: :360: NBA 2K15 - Starts 10.7.14

:ps3: :360: NHL 15 - Ends 10.8.14

:ps3: :360: WWE 2K15 - Starts 10.28.14

Guaranteed $25:

:3ds: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - Starts 11.21.14

:3ds: Pokemon Omega Ruby - Starts 11.21.14

:3ds: Super Smash Bros. - Starts 10.3.14

Ah, ok good. I misread your post more as a preemptive type of response. Glad it helped you out. I posted it in real time since I was waiting for 20 minutes too. Good fortune that you and I were trading at the same time then. Could have been worse.
Yeah, my receipt says 17:04 so pretty close.

ya donut thanks for code man i was at GS 40 min before closing they were clueless about the promo! i guess they screwed over everyone who did the promo in the last 2 days? even then they only processed 6 of the 7 games i gave them so they had to do another transaction with an override to give me the bonus TIV. no the code by itself doesnt work you need to have a CoD AW preorder for it to kick in. 

Here is a list of the "Guaranteed $40/30/25" titles, for those who are wondering.
Thanks. I notice that Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is conspicuously absent... :whistle2:k

Damn, I can't get the b2g2 steal of the week coupon anymore, can anyone else?
You shouldn't be able to, as SotW coupons become unavailable (despite still showing as available for purchase) shortly after midnight EST on Monday.

Hey guys, I bought a used iPad Air off their website last week with that $50 off electronics promo. I got it in the mail on Friday night, and after a couple of days with it I've decided I really don't want/need it. What's the process of returning an item like this - can I just bring it into my home store with the packaging?

Base trade in value is $270

Hey guys, I bought a used iPad Air off their website last week with that $50 off electronics promo. I got it in the mail on Friday night, and after a couple of days with it I've decided I really don't want/need it. What's the process of returning an item like this - can I just bring it into my home store with the packaging?

For Gamestop.com orders (at least for used games; I don't know if used electronics follow a different process), you need to bring the packing receipt and the item to the store. As long as it hasn't been more than 30 days since the date specified on the packing receipt, you should be fine.

Make sure you bring the packing slip that came inside the box as well. I had no problems returning a completely destroyed ipad, but they did want everything.

You can return it as long as it's within 7 days. I would bring everything; the packing slip, the packaging and whatever else may have came with it. They'll tell you what you do and don't need.

You can return it as long as it's within 7 days. I would bring everything; the packing slip, the packaging and whatever else may have came with it. They'll tell you what you do and don't need.
Is it really 7 days for electronics? Even used games (which have a 7-day return policy when bought at a store) have a 30-day return policy when bought via Gamestop.com

Is it really 7 days for electronics? Even used games (which have a 7-day return policy when bought at a store) have a 30-day return policy when bought via Gamestop.com
No, you're probably right. I was just reading off of the back of a recent GS receipt. I looked it up online too.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

This page is called returns to gamestop.com

It's kinda unclear because in one section, it says pre-owned materials can be returned within 7 days for a full refund or 30 days for an identical exchange, and then in a lower section, it says "we do not accept returns of any products 30 days after the date on the packing slip".

But 30 days does sound more likely because they might not always receive it back within 7 days if you mail it back.

Thanks guys. You all gave me the answer I was hoping to hear. Like I said, I only got it on Friday, so I should be more than fine when I go in later. 

Guaranteed $40:

:ps4: :xb1: Assassin's Creed Unity - Starts 11.11.14

:ps4: :xb1: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Starts 11.4.14

:ps4: :xb1: Destiny - Ends 10.8.14

:ps4: :xb1: Dragon Age Inquisition - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: The Evil Within - Starts 10.14.14

:ps4: :xb1: Far Cry 4 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: FIFA 15 - Ends 10.22.14

:xb1: Forza Horizon 2 - Starts 9.30.14

:xb1: Halo: Master Chief Collection - Starts 11.11.14

:ps4: :xb1: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps4: :xb1: Madden 15 - Ends 9.25.14

:ps4: :xb1: NBA 2K15 - Starts 10.7.14

:ps4: :xb1: NHL 15 - Ends 10.8.14

:xb1: Sunset Overdrive - Starts 10.28.14

:wiiu: Super Smash Bros. - TBA

:ps4: :xb1: WWE 2K15 - Starts 10.28.14

Guaranteed $30:

:ps3: :360: Assassin's Creed Rogue - Starts 11.11.14

:ps3: :360: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - Starts 10.14.14

:ps3: :360: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Starts 11.4.14

:ps3: :360: Destiny - Ends 10.8.14

:ps3: :360: Dragon Age Inquisition - Starts 11.18.14

:ps3: :360: The Evil Within - Starts 10.14.14

:ps3: :360: Far Cry 4 - Starts 11.18.14

:ps3: :360: FIFA 15 - Ends 10.22.14

:360: Forza Horizon 2 - Starts 9.30.14

:ps3: :360: Madden 15 - Ends 9.25.14

:ps3: :360: NBA 2K15 - Starts 10.7.14

:ps3: :360: NHL 15 - Ends 10.8.14

:ps3: :360: WWE 2K15 - Starts 10.28.14

Guaranteed $25:

:3ds: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - Starts 11.21.14

:3ds: Pokemon Omega Ruby - Starts 11.21.14

:3ds: Super Smash Bros. - Starts 10.3.14
WWE on PS4/XB1 can't start until 11-18 as the game was delayed 3 weeks on those systems. Also surprised Persona Q isn't on the guaranteed $25 list for 3DS.

ya donut thanks for code man i was at GS 40 min before closing they were clueless about the promo! i guess they screwed over everyone who did the promo in the last 2 days? even then they only processed 6 of the 7 games i gave them so they had to do another transaction with an override to give me the bonus TIV. no the code by itself doesnt work you need to have a CoD AW preorder for it to kick in.
I'm glad you were able to use the coupon after all. If the promotion was not going to kick in for me, I was going to cancel my trade. I was disappointed at the manager not doing a manual override at my suggestion since I didn't want to waste a lot of time there. But since I saw the code, at least it salvaged the hassle for some of ya'll. Because I visit the store I went to yesterday often enough, I've decided to hold off on a negative survey because I know that's just going to ruin my relationship there. I suppose if it wasn't the manager, I would have done it but given his position and expected tenure there, I'm just going to chicken out and leave it alone. One little anecdote yesterday at the end of my trade:

Manager: "Ok thank you and as you know surveys always help us out."

Me: "Oh ok yeah I know. I only give out good surveys when I fill them out."

Manager: "Cool thanks man!"

Me: "I'm not doing one for this."

::::inscrutable silence::::

SOTW is $50 off preowned XBone or PS4 for 30,000 points. 

Edit: Did everyone get a b2g1 on preowned products too? Just checked my account and I saw it under my active offers. It wasn't there when I checked this morning.

Thanks. I notice that Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is conspicuously absent... :whistle2:k
I would say it's because....it might suck.

Trust me, i want it to be good, but I just have a feeling the PS3/360 versions are going to be lackluster, and the PS4/Xbone versions are going to be decent at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back