Gamestop to stop trade in 3 get an extra $10 store credit

Darkness Muta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I was getting some trade in prices at my local Gamestop and the told me that they are going to stop the special deal they have had running where if you trade in any 3 next gen system games, you would get an extra $10 added to the trade in value. So it looks like if you want to take advantage of this offer, you better do it by Friday as that was the last day I was told it would still be running.

Ah...

Actually as naive as I may sound, this is the first time I've heard of this deal before; I've hard of all the EBGames trade-in deals, but not this deal.

Hmmmm, are all the Gamestops nation-wide doing this? Because often stores like that vary their requirements.

Well, in any case, of this works out for me. I'm stoked, as I'll finally get rid of some games I've meant to drop for a while, and in return buy some other games.

It's happened to me once. I was trading in 3 xbox titles and they gave me an extra $10. I was plesently surprised.

I just wish they'd post in-store deals on their web site. I love hittin them up for their 2 for 1 deal.

Trade-in 3 games for Extra $10 is kinda $uck. I gather Trade-in 4 games for FREE game at Ebgames :)

While GS gimme 3 games for $16 + $10 = $26.00 store credit.

Ebgames 3 games + $5 games = $50.00 Credit

With EB Online changing the trade in program to 5 for 1 game, the instore trade in deals will probably soon follow. The Gamestop extra trade in credit has been going on for over a year so it was a nice alternative to get rid of some stuff that is on the EB blacklist for their instore trade ins.

Hmmmmm......well that kinda sucks. I was gonna trade in today but I forgot the extra 10% coupon for your trade ins at home. I have an EB near me but I never go as their prices are always higher but are they doing the trade in 4 for 1 now???

I was at EB yesterday and saw that the B&M stores were running a trade in 5 and they'll give you an extra $25 in credit. There were also extra $$ for 4 and 3 trade ins also, although I don't recall those amounts. EB unfortunately doesn't give you very much in trade in credit, though

I was able to take advantage of that one time. I only had two games to trade but I work for the store and the manager let me buy a used Xbox Exhibition disc for $2.00 (less my discount) and turn right around and trade it in as my third game. I spent $1.69 and got an extra $10 in store credit. Of course I got my discount on the game I purchases with the store credit as well. :D

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Semi-on-topic... Do the Eb trade-in deals stack?

I.E. Trade in 4 games for Ninja Gaiden (in-store), AND get the 4 game trade-in bonus? That would rock.[/quote]

I think it's just one or the other. I only got $49.99 trade in credit for the four (to cover FF:CC) no additional credit. Would have been nice, though! If it could have happened somehow, I'm sure the guy who was helping me would have made it happen. He seemed all for getting me the best deal.

Wait, did the deal end already?

I forgot all about this; could someone clarify for me whether or not the 3 games = extra $10 at GS is still going on?

Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back