Gamestop trade 2 wii games get $30 off select titles, 2 ds games get $20 off select

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
002-1.jpg

001.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/stone1061/001.jpg

I plan on getting a few of these games for the wife and kids, so it's my own little perfect storm.

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes.
You also get a magazine to some womans magazines with purchase of any of these titles.

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.

Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.

The manager at the store had the sign up but had no idea what the big "Save $30/Save $20" applied towards. He had to get out the promo book to see.

[highlight]Added by Io[/highlight] - Since I was trying to figure out whether any of these games are good or not, I looked up reviews on a lot of them. That would probably be useful info here so, with the better ones (70 average or better - I rounded up the 69 ones) bolded:

:ds:
Brain Age and Brain Age 2 - everyone knows these, no need for reviews ;)
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 70 average on 39 reviews at Metacritic
Crosswords DS - 69 average on 14 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Dance Squad - 66 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Gym Rockets - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Ener-G: Horse Riders - 45 from IGN (only review found)
Flash Focus - 59 average on 22 reviews at Metacritic
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Guinness World Records: The Videogame - 70 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Imagine Animal Doctor - 65 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Fashion Designer - 30 from IGN (get My Fashion Studio instead!)
Imagine Interior Designer - 68 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Teacher - 75 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Wedding Designer - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 69 average on 16 reviews at Metacritic
My Fashion Studio - 65 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic (70 from IGN)
My Fun Facts Coach - 51 from IGN (only review found)
My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interested in said languages ;).
My SAT Coach - 65 from IGN (only review found)
My Weight Loss Coach - 63 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Cooking - 81 average on 10 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings
Quick Yoga Training - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Touchmaster 2 - 77 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic

:wii:
All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ets']Just want to clarify, you just need to trade 2 wii games and purchase one of the titles in the same transaction to have this promo work?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and I finally did this myself Weds night. I traded in Imagine Babyz and Narnia Prince Caspian for the DS along with Bee Movie Game and Alone in the Dark for the Wii, all at an original cost of $25 in Blockbuster credit and got Personal Trainer Cooking and Wii Music AND $2.02 back on my Edge card ;).

It was all automatic and worked despite the GS clerk being clueless about the sale. They had no fliers for it, however they did have a small endcap set up with a few of the titles and little tiny signs that said you could get $30 off selected Wii games (no mention of the DS even though they had some of the qualifying titles there). When he said he didn't know about the deal, I showed him the endcap. He then said it looked like it was only a Wii deal but I pointed out the DS ones there too. I suggested we just try it (knowing it was auto) and sure enough it worked. Very nice.

The only problem was I really wanted that Guinness World Records DS game for my daughter but they didn't have it in stock (still shows in stock there according to the web site - oh well). I have one more set of DS games to trade so I can either get that then or try to swap out the Cooking game for it if I don't think that will work for us (family is vegetarian so I don't know how much is in there for us - my daughter didn't want it because the commercial shows them cooking chicken ;)).

I might be able to do one more Wii trade as well and might get the Cooking Mama game though I'm not sure anyone in our house will play that any time soon so it might not be worth the trouble (will probably be $20 anyway before we ever play it). I would definitely recommend RRR TV Party - problem is I pretty much got all I want out of that from a rental so I'm passing on it now.

I am actually gonna trade in games out of my personal collection. Any game that I can get for $15 during a B2G1 sale in the future, is going to GS to take advantage of this deal. I don't know about my higher priced games b/c I don't see myself being able to break even. If I can buy them back during a B2G1 sale, and the end price I pay is lower than what I can get now + the $15, it's going to GS. I was disappointed that I missed some of the +$5 for Wii games, but I'm happy that it's been replaced by a +$15 for Wii games.

[quote name='GuardianE']Automatically worked at two Gamestops today. Will return both items later in the week.

$30 -> $87 in pretty much one trip. Not bad, considering that I'd already destroyed most of the Wii sections at my local Blockbusters.[/quote]

Lucky me for only destroying 2 Blockbuster Wii sections at the local stores. Although I think 2 others succumbed to other people. Man, if I can find the time this weekend I could turn my $100 GS credit into a PS3.

[quote name='DrNo888']Was just at the Stevens Creek/San Tomas getting some original XBOX games when someone came in to do this deal with Table Tennis and Spyro. Wanted to say Hi, but didnt want to say bring up CAG.

Hi![/QUOTE]

:wave:

Heh, they were out or had unsealed copies of the first three I asked for. Finally settled for Skate it and a gift receipt for later.

Anyone tried it today? There is a post in the BlockBuster thread stating that they changed the promo today so that it only gives $10 per DS game/$15 per Wii game, instead of adding that amount to the base TiV.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Bad news guys - they nerfed the promo. La it just bumps the TIVs up to $15 instead of adding it to their base.

Still good, just far less spectacular - and no Skate City flips back to GS now[/quote]

Someone in the BBV B1G1 thread said that Gamestop isn't stacking TIV + Edge with this promo anymore. That's understandable IMO. Even if you don't get the TIV + Edge on the trade-in, you can still get the $20/$30 credit towards the qualifying game and return it later. Anyway, it would be great if others could verify that GS fixed the way this promo is being handled...

Has anyone gotten them to do multiple games in one transaction? I know it probably gets tripped up and thinks you're trying to do the "trade 3 and get 10" but what if they scanned two of your trades, and then scanned the game of your choice, scanned two trades, game of your choice, etc?

Just tried looks like they "fixed" the deal. Picked up Rayman for $21.xx. Will return it in a couple days.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Has anyone gotten them to do multiple games in one transaction? I know it probably gets tripped up and thinks you're trying to do the "trade 3 and get 10" but what if they scanned two of your trades, and then scanned the game of your choice, scanned two trades, game of your choice, etc?[/quote]

That's a good question. I took advantage of the extra $30 Wii credit promo and the extra $10 for 3 next-gen games promo on the same receipt. Of course, I traded in the 2 Wii games and had the Wii I chose scanned for purchase and then I had three 360 games scanned for trade-in afterwards. The computer applied the promo properly, but I'm not sure if it would've done so if I had traded in all 5 games first and then had the Wii game scanned for purchase...

[quote name='RCS0926']That's a good question. I took advantage of the extra $30 Wii credit promo and the extra $10 for 3 next-gen games promo on the same receipt. Of course, I traded in the 2 Wii games and had the Wii I chose scanned for purchase and then I had three 360 games scanned for trade-in afterwards. The computer applied the promo properly, but I'm not sure if it would've done so if I had traded in all 5 games first and then had the Wii game scanned for purchase...[/QUOTE]
It may not have known. They tried scanning four games without scanning the games and it gave me the ten dollar promo. Of course, I'm positive they totalled it out without scanning a Wii game. I'm curious if they can scan multiple promo games and have it apply properly. It'd certaintly save some time.

[quote name='RCS0926']Someone in the BBV B1G1 thread said that Gamestop isn't stacking TIV + Edge with this promo anymore. That's understandable IMO. Even if you don't get the TIV + Edge on the trade-in, you can still get the $20/$30 credit towards the qualifying game and return it later. Anyway, it would be great if others could verify that GS fixed the way this promo is being handled...[/quote]

If this is true, I gotta say, I'm not surprised...but I'm still pissed off. As mentioned, the wording of the ad gives no indication that the games you trade in will have no value. The ad says "SAVE $30". If they're bumping the value of the games to $15 each, you're not saving $30. You're giving them products that have value...so now it's more like "SAVE $20". This is just more bullshit marketing by GS. Obviously it was a stupid business move by them in the first place, but I guess I gave them too much credit in thinking they actually had it thought out.

I was still wanting to try to pick up a Wii Fit using this deal, but now I'm almost compelled to not even bother out of principle. I would try arguing my point to a GS employee, but it's hard enough to find one who knows what day it is, let alone somebody who can comprehend the way an ad is worded. Congrats GS first major fuck up of 2009. First you screw yourselves...then you screw your customers. Nobody does it better :applause:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If this is true, I gotta say, I'm not surprised...but I'm still pissed off. As mentioned, the wording of the ad gives no indication that the games you trade in will have no value. The ad says "SAVE $30". If they're bumping the value of the games to $15 each, you're not saving $30. You're giving them products that have value...so now it's more like "SAVE $20". This is just more bullshit marketing by GS. Obviously it was a stupid business move by them in the first place, but I guess I gave them too much credit in thinking they actually had it thought out.

I was still wanting to try to pick up a Wii Fit using this deal, but now I'm almost compelled to not even bother out of principle. I would try arguing my point to a GS employee, but it's hard enough to find one who knows what day it is, let alone somebody who can comprehend the way an ad is worded. Congrats GS first major fuck up of 2009. First you screw yourselves...then you screw your customers. Nobody does it better :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ok, but in fact I think most seemed to believe, before we found out otherwise, that what the ad meant was that you gave them 2 games and you got $30 off the price of a select game (or $20 off a DS game). I.e. we thought the ad meant what they have now changed it to. Or you could say, corrected it to. I think you're overreacting. I think they made a mistake in how the promotion was handled and now they've corrected it. We got to take good advantage of it for a few days. I really can't complain about the deal I got on DDR:HP2. I never expected to get it so cheap.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, but in fact I think most seemed to believe, before we found out otherwise, that what the ad meant was that you gave them 2 games and you got $30 off the price of a select game (or $20 off a DS game). I.e. we thought the ad meant what they have now changed it to. Or you could say, corrected it to. I think you're overreacting. I think they made a mistake in how the promotion was handled and now they've corrected it. We got to take good advantage of it for a few days. I really can't complain about the deal I got on DDR:HP2. I never expected to get it so cheap.[/quote]

Then "most" have poor reading comprehension skills. You worded the deal exactly the way they word it..but your method for figuring it up is off. Explain to me how you "SAVE $30" by giving GS 2 items with values of $5 each (or more)...and having the values merely bumped to $15. This promo was just a terrible business move by GS, and now they're trying to come up with a way to cover their asses. Hell, they probably got the idea on CAG. It's not like they can think for themselves or anything.

What's crazy is that the wording on the ad actually matched up with how it rang up at the register. Otherwise, I'd just say somebody in marketing misunderstood what the promotion was supposed to be. But I'm more inclined to think that GS just did something stupid. I know I'm nitpicking a bit, but this is business man. The ad says "SAVE $30". We're no longer saving $30. I can't put it any more plainly than that.

I will say that this DEFINITELY makes it more of a typical GS "deal" though. Now they can rely on the stupid soccer moms trading in 2 games with TIVs of $11 and $12...and only have to give them a $7 bonus. Tell me how these people are saving $30? Haha...see, GS at its finest.

Continuing my rant (apologies all around), this makes me even more pissed off that I didn't get my free magazine subscription when I bought Skate It yesterday. If they're going to nickel & dime me...then turnabout is fair play.

I agree with N8, but I honestly couldn't expect them to run the promo. It was too stupid. What they should have done, if they wanted to run a promo like they ran for the first few days of its existance, is bumped the minium TIV to 8.00 or something like that. It'd be an awesome deal still, but at least GS would get games they could actually sell.
Instead, they bought games like "Alien Syndrome" from me for 20.50 in trade... to sell for 17.99.

The ad shows My French Coach for the DS, but it's not on their site nor is it in my local stores. Has anyone seen it?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I agree with N8, but I honestly couldn't expect them to run the promo. It was too stupid. What they should have done, if they wanted to run a promo like they ran for the first few days of its existance, is bumped the minium TIV to 8.00 or something like that. It'd be an awesome deal still, but at least GS would get games they could actually sell.
Instead, they bought games like "Alien Syndrome" from me for 20.50 in trade... to sell for 17.99.[/quote]

Oh yeah, no doubt it was beyond stupid on their part. But isn't that something they should see coming? And considering it was on the ad and rang up at the register that way, are we to believe that marketing AND programming just "made a mistake"? You might as well call this "bait and switch" for anybody trading anything in with a TIV over $10.

Personally, I'd just love to hear a response from a GS Exec on how I am "Saving $30" when I give them 2 games with TIVs of $11 and $12. I'm sure it would be something along the lines of "Well...uh...well...you see..." I wonder how long until they make their employees take a Sharpie and write "up to" between the "SAVE" and "$30", hahaha.

It's all semantics, n8. They don't have to change a single thing in the wording. "Save $30" can mean anything. They've used the whole "Trade and Save" thing for years and no one's put up a fight. By your logic, you're never saving anything by trading, but by theirs you're always saving by trading.

Yeah, trade and save is bullshit. You ain't saving shit by selling them a product, unless they run a promo like this. I think GS meant to run this promo like this, and just got burned. I'm sure even Slickdeals got in the game a little bit. The internet is a dangerous tool against corporations.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's all semantics, n8. They don't have to change a single thing in the wording. "Save $30" can mean anything. They've used the whole "Trade and Save" thing for years and no one's put up a fight. By your logic, you're never saving anything by trading, but by theirs you're always saving by trading.[/quote]

Ehhh...I understand your point, but "$30" is not some intangible figure. I'm not saving $30 by giving you something in return. When all is said and done, obviously, they're a huge company and can do whatever the hell they feel like (as they often do). But for the love of God, don't defend them, and say this is what it was "supposed to be" all along. They did something stupid and now they're trying to cover their ass(ets). Let's all point and laugh at the big dumb corporation :)

As I look at the fixed deal more and more. I just don't see an advantage over the trade 3 get $10 deal. If I do this right I trade in two $5 games. I get $20 extra, so that's 30 total. I buy wii music and have to pay about $24. If I'm able to return it I get 30 back. If I trade in 3 $5 games I'll get $25. with less hassle. Trade in 3 $8 get get $34 plus edge. Trade in 3 $10 games get $40 plus edge. This deal WAS golden. Now its lost a lot of luster and value and seems more like silver.

Thanks to my wife getting our scanner up and running, there are now great scans of the Flyer(looking at the originals i put up, i'd need to play Flash Focus to get my eyes fixed)

Confirming that the promo has changed. I did the deal for 2 DS games for my daughter and it bumped the TIV on each up to just $10 on each.
Glad I got 5 Wii games the last couple days while it was still a Golden Deal.
It's still worth a Silver if you can get two games at Blockbuster for $9.99, or even $14.99.

Its supposed to go til Feb 8th, so maybe if there is a price drop on some of the games on the flyer, that will be good to watch out for.

[quote name='speedrunner17']As I look at the fixed deal more and more. I just don't see an advantage over the trade 3 get $10 deal. If I do this right I trade in two $5 games. I get $20 extra, so that's 30 total. I buy wii music and have to pay about $24. If I'm able to return it I get 30 back. If I trade in 3 $5 games I'll get $25. with less hassle. Trade in 3 $8 get get $34 plus edge. Trade in 3 $10 games get $40 plus edge. This deal WAS golden. Now its lost a lot of luster and value and seems more like silver.[/quote]

Well, yeah...this deal has basically become useless for anybody who doesn't actually want anything on the list. Obviously trading 2 and getting $30 is better than trading 3 and getting $25. But if you're having to return stuff and flip things around, then it's probably not worth the effort.

[quote name='speedrunner17']As I look at the fixed deal more and more. I just don't see an advantage over the trade 3 get $10 deal. If I do this right I trade in two $5 games. I get $20 extra, so that's 30 total. I buy wii music and have to pay about $24. If I'm able to return it I get 30 back. If I trade in 3 $5 games I'll get $25. with less hassle. Trade in 3 $8 get get $34 plus edge. Trade in 3 $10 games get $40 plus edge. This deal WAS golden. Now its lost a lot of luster and value and seems more like silver.[/QUOTE]
You bring up a good point. Looks like I'm going to figure out what games are 4.00 and do those for the Wii games. I never thought about it, but yeah, with the 5.00 TIV games you're going to only gain 5.00. I don't think it's worth the trouble, but maybe I'll go through the trouble. 6.00 TIV and higher though, you almost break even with the trade, and of course stand to make more the higher you go.
Out of principle though, I'll probably trade the games with 4.00 and 5.00 towards the Wii deal just to squeeze that extra credit out of GS.

[quote name='stone1061']Thanks to my wife getting our scanner up and running, there are now great scans of the Flyer(looking at the originals i put up, i'd need to play Flash Focus to get my eyes fixed)[/quote]

Wow...that looks much better. Thank you Mrs. Stone! :) And now that I can read the fine print, here's GS's out. "Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice." There's nothing like planning ahead for stupidity, lol.

I'm glad I did this twice yesterday. Bummer though since I was able to pick up 4 more wii titles late last night for $21.60ish. Since this goes for a while, I may just sit on those games and see if another promo comes up before then. Still not a bad flip as others have said, just not "holy crap" good.

[quote name='omega999']Just got back from a gamestop in TX said the promo was no longer running, didn't show on the comp.[/quote]

HA! Now that would blow my mind. I just don't get it because there was every indication that this promotion was really planned out. They had nicely designed colorful signs, endcaps, flyers, a whole giant center section with the DS games on one side and Wii games on the other. Not to mention the deal with whatever magazines to help promote this. WTF happened??? This thing is turning into a train wreck.

Exactly. Yesterday I planned out todays strategy just to find out that they changed the promo. I was going to trade in $8 and $10 games for this promo, and buy Wii music. This would of got me $46 and $50 respectively. Not including edge and tax. Any way I make out like a fat rat on the returns. Now if you trade in games with a Higher trade value your not only shooting yourself in the foot, but the knee as well. Also to add insult to injury high TIV ARE COMPLETELY VOID. If I wanted to trade Mario Kart and SSBB in I could get Wii fit basically for about $10 with the promo and edge. One last point Wii fit is about the only game I would maybe go for, but Its about Impossible to find in some areas. They knew this when They made the list. Their logic is let's put this popular rare game on the list to get people to come for this promo. Customers won't find wii fit in stores so the employees will talk them into getting one of the other games (which no one wants lol). End result they don't give wii fit for a good deal, and they get rid of their crappy games. I mean new games are $60 and used $55. I could see $48 but $5 difference. GS has been slaughtering pockets for years and they can't even give a good deal once in a blue moon?

[quote name='speedrunner17'] GS has been slaughtering pockets for years and they can't even give a good deal once in a blue moon?[/quote]
GS slaughters the pockets of the ignorant.
They run enough promos between trade 2 get $10 bonus, the tiered trade bonus based on how many games you trade in, bonus if games are put towards preorders of certain titles, B2g1 sales, email coupons.
Have to learn to play the game. They are a vaulable tool in Cheapass gaming.
Where else would HWV games go to die, or where would Blockbuster get their selection of used games.:lol:

Just a few quick notes. The promo does still stack with edge. So for example, my 7.00 wii game got rounded to 15.00 but then I got the extra .70 also bring it to 15.70. (instead of just a flat $15) Also, they have not manipulated the promo to prevent you from getting excess credit. My total was 29.99, I got the extra 1.70ish on my card. Obviously these aren't great pieces of news, but it's still better than getting the 3 for $10 bonus.

Well, this deal is still worth it for me to pick up as many Wii Fits as I can. I've already gotten an offer on craigslist, so I should probably go pick one up before I respond. Good thing I know at least three stores that have them in stock.

[quote name='omega999']Just got back from a gamestop in TX said the promo was no longer running, didn't show on the comp.[/quote]

That doesn't sound right. Others have reported that they just altered the promo so that you only get $10 or $15 TIV per game instead of the $10 or $15 added to the actual GS TIV for those games. Unless you actually had them scan your trade-ins and your Wii/DS purchase, I wouldn't trust what the cashier told you.

Still, it would be good to know if this deal really is off completely or if the promo has just been altered so that GS doesn't get ripped off...

Actually the Magazine deal is... a small orange coupon ..

It says..

CONGRATULATIONS on making your $34.99 minimum purchase of select Wii and DS games at gamestop.

Now redeem your 12-month subscription at

www.gamestop.com/shapeandsharpen and enter the following code... XXXXXXXX

You must mail in the card with original reciept.

Fine print on coupon:

Visit www.gamestop.com/shapeandsharpen on or before April1,2009 to redeem your subscription. Offer is valid in the US Only. Pick up a flyer or see a store associate for participating games. Should the demand exceed supply on any title, you will be offered another title or we will refund you the value of the magazine. If you do not wish to recieve a magazine subscription, we will refund you the value of the subscription ($5). Please fill out ... etc..etc..

Eh, while I probably traded in the worst two Wii games for this (since it got nerfed), the Wii selection at my local BBVs have been absolutely pathetic as of late. So anyway, I traded in Table Tennis [ :( :( ] and Ninja Reflex [ :( ], and was about to pick up Cooking Mama, when I saw a stack of about 9 Wii Fits sitting there, and decided to grab one of those instead. Too bad, I didn't get a chance to do this last night, the guy said the Wii Fits had been there since yesterday afternoon.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I also got the free Mag subscription, of course the guy had to scan mine first then he gave it to me. So does it work without them being scanned first?

I wouldn't say the ignorant. I would say the unsuspecting and less knowing. I know the game so I'm good, but what about regular people. Siblings, parents friends, and peers. I've gone into RS, CC, BB,TRU, etc...And have been referred to a GS. I know I came to this store for a reason. For a particular deal. Not to go pay full price at GS. Yes they offer coupons and promos it helps, but Employees are so clueless. I mean its sad when we know more than them. So if they make a mistake we correct them, or if their just to dumb we educate them. I know its sad lol, but the fact of the matter is by employees relaying bad info or no info average shoppers are going to get beat and some get beat bad. Their sales suck and most people just figure its a store that specialize in games so they'll have what I want. Frequents of the stores won't have much trouble though. Also used games shouldn't be within $5 of a new. I'm not going to make these mistakes but a ton of people have and do.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Eh, while I probably traded in the worst two Wii games for this (since it got nerfed), the Wii selection at my local BBVs have been absolutely pathetic as of late. So anyway, I traded in Table Tennis [ :( :( ] and Ninja Reflex [ :( ], and was about to pick up Cooking Mama, when I saw a stack of about 9 Wii Fits sitting there, and decided to grab one of those instead. Too bad, I didn't get a chance to do this last night, the guy said the Wii Fits had been there since yesterday afternoon.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I also got the free Mag subscription, of course the guy had to scan mine first then he gave it to me. So does it work without them being scanned first?[/quote]

I didn't get mine scanned... Oh well..

[quote name='speedrunner17']I wouldn't say the ignorant. I would say the unsuspecting and less knowing. I know the game so I'm good, but what about regular people. Siblings, parents friends, and peers. I've gone into RS, CC, BB,TRU, etc...And have been referred to a GS. I know I came to this store for a reason. For a particular deal. Not to go pay full price at GS. Yes they offer coupons and promos it helps, but Employees are so clueless. I mean its sad when we know more than them. So if they make a mistake we correct them, or if their just to dumb we educate them. I know its sad lol, but the fact of the matter is by employees relaying bad info or no info average shoppers are going to get beat and some get beat bad. Their sales suck and most people just figure its a store that specialize in games so they'll have what I want. Frequents of the stores won't have much trouble though. Also used games shouldn't be within $5 of a new. I'm not going to make these mistakes but a ton of people have and do.[/quote]
I hear ya on most of that. I feel bad knowing friends and relatives who pay full price for stuff, but i can only help so much. And $5 off a game because it's used compared to new is pretty weak.
And more often CAG's know more about the promo's then clerks.
As much as I know they don't offer the best deals, it's good to know that we are getting the better of them most of the time.

[quote name='stone1061']Where else would HWV games go to die, or where would Blockbuster get their selection of used games.:lol:[/quote]

Classic! :applause:

[quote name='speedrunner17']I wouldn't say the ignorant. I would say the unsuspecting and less knowing.[/quote]

Umm, ignorance = lack of knowledge.

Thanks to all the posters for the info on this deal. I'm not sure how I missed this promo. I had a TON of games to trade in and was just waiting for a promotion like this :( I guess it's still good now, but it sounded almost god-like before. Oh well. You snooze you lose I guess =p

To the above poster, my coupon code shows as "okay" when I put it in. My coupon wasn't scanned. My Grandma is going to get a surprise subscription. She likes crap like Good Housekeeping and Redbook.

[quote name='goomba478']Thanks to all the posters for the info on this deal. I'm not sure how I missed this promo. I had a TON of games to trade in and was just waiting for a promotion like this :( I guess it's still good now, but it sounded almost god-like before. Oh well. You snooze you lose I guess =p[/quote]

If you picked up a bunch of games during BBV's B1G1 sale, then you'll be at least doubling the TIVs you would've received otherwise. However, if you have any games with a TIV of $11.66 or more, then stick to the 3 for $10 deal.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']...
You bring up a good point. Looks like I'm going to figure out what games are 4.00 and do those for the Wii games. I never thought about it, but yeah, with the 5.00 TIV games you're going to only gain 5.00. I don't think it's worth the trouble, but maybe I'll go through the trouble. 6.00 TIV and higher though, you almost break even with the trade, and of course stand to make more the higher you go.
Out of principle though, I'll probably trade the games with 4.00 and 5.00 towards the Wii deal just to squeeze that extra credit out of GS.[/QUOTE]

That's not quite right - you forget that this deal is trade TWO games; the other deal is trade THREE.

With $5 TIV games, in this deal you trade 2 games for $31 credit. In the other deal, you trade 3 games for $26.50 credit. So for example if you have 6 games, you're getting $93 total instead of $53.

I am mad I didn't do this yesterday. Was all ready to, but just decided to wait until today. But anyway I went to BBV & picked up Samba & Monster Trux for $14.99+tax. Took them down the street to GS (where the clerk didn't even open the cases at all which made me lol, 1 was missing the manual), & got Skate City Heroes + $10.01 in credit added to my Edge card. And got a gift receipt to take it to a different GS next week. It wasn't much hassle at all and trading 2 for $30 is definately better than trading 3 for $25. But this would've been so much better yesterday... Or if I could've found $9.99 Wii games today and not just $14.99 ones.

[quote name='worshipsf']That's not quite right - you forget that this deal is trade TWO games; the other deal is trade THREE.

With $5 TIV games, in this deal you trade 2 games for $31 credit. In the other deal, you trade 3 games for $26.50 credit. So for example if you have 6 games, you're getting $93 total instead of $53.[/quote]

Right. If the average TIV of your Wii games is under $11.66, you'll make more money trading in 2 Wii games and getting the $30 credit + Edge as opposed to doing the 3 for $10 deal. I doubt too many people have a bunch of Wii games lying around with TIVs of $11.66 or greater.

bread's done
Back