Gamestop trade 3 get $10 bonus... YMMV...

BlaseDeviant

CAGiversary!
It's not advertised or anything, I just traded in 4 games and got a $10 bonus, which was cool. I was in there like 2 days ago and it didn't happen. Don't know if it's local or what...

I haven't shopped at Gamestop for like... 5 years.

I went in there and it's actually improved a lot.

And, unlike EB, they actually... *gasp*... INCLUDE manuals when selling used games.

Didn't GS just run this deal a couple of weeks ago? I thought that it ended on 3/27. I could be wrong though. It would be cool if they are doing it again so soon.

[quote name='BlaseDeviant']I haven't shopped at Gamestop for like... 5 years.

I went in there and it's actually improved a lot.

And, unlike EB, they actually... *gasp*... INCLUDE manuals when selling used games.[/QUOTE]

I find that funny because a lot of used games online from EB has the directions when almost NONE from GS do.

[quote name='David85']I find that funny because a lot of used games online from EB has the directions when almost NONE from GS do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're much more likely to find a game complete @ EB B&M or online in my experience.

I can vouch for this deal. I just traded 3 in at my local gamestop in WPB, FL. I got $37 total for Mechassault 2, nfl street and Wolfenstein. Thats not to bad. I ended up getting Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE for $19 and change.

I was there today, and the deal was going still going on. I asked the clerk when it would end and she said on April 14th, though with this actually only being an extension of the one that was suppose to end around Easter, it could actually end at any time.

So, now's your chance it seems. I've traded in about 12 games so far for a little less than $100 in credit. Not sure what I'm gonna use it one (Jade Empire maybe?), but it's good to have.

[quote name='ogmaster']Anyone know if there's an exclusion list for Gamestop? If there is, does someone have a link?[/QUOTE]

No. They take anything for this deal besides old sports games and wrestling games.

[quote name='mmn']No. They take anything for this deal besides old sports games and wrestling games.[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right mmn. I was told no wrestling games or any sports game with a year on it just to be a little more specific for our peeps. I traded in nfl street(PS2) with no problem. They just won't take the ESPN's or Madden's and so on for example. BTW, they had Doom 3 behind the counter in the case but couldn't sell it yet.

Sweetakiss, I am going to give my pops 5 games in the morning to take w/ him to work to trade in on the way home, 2 in which that are 2004 EA Games but the other three shall get me the bonus for MX vs ATV Unleashed & that game is only $40.

Other three games: GT3, MGS2 & Killzone.

Thanks Cheap Asses!

Late

Do PS1 games count for this deal?

And does it work across platforms? Like if you trade in 2 PS2 and one Cube, would you get the $10 extra?

[quote name='S_G']Went by Gamestop today, was told that this special is being extended to 5/3/05.[/QUOTE]

Another extension...GameStop must be desperate. :p

Cool, nonetheless.

If you traded your games to gamestop for the 3 for $10 extra deal, what games did you trade and how much did you get for each w/the extra $10 included?

Van Helsing xbox- 11.34
Syphon Filter- 9.34
Alter Echo xbox- 5.34
Terminator3 ROM xbox- 7.34
The Suffering xbox- 11.34
Metal Arms xbox- 9.34
LOTR TT gc- 7.34
RLH ps2- 6.34
X2 Wolverine's Revenge ps2- 7.34
Tenchu WOH ps2- 9.34
Max Payne ps2- 5.34
Maximo GG- 6.34
MC 2 ps2- 8.34
Batman ROS ps2- 8.34
DC2- 10.34

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']does gamestop take multiples? ahem:batman:ahem[/QUOTE]
it really depends if your cool with the employee, cause they can do it if they feel like it...this happend to me many times

They let me trade multiples... I just tell them I got them cheap and only bought them to trade in. during a deal. They usually think I'm pretty smart.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']At my GS, i traded 3 Jampacks (the .01 jampack from CC and $1 jampacks from BB) and got the extra $10[/QUOTE]

Being that I have 8 jampacks just begging to be traded in I think I will be hitting up Gamestop!

[quote name='shrike4242']So, is it any 3 non-sports games that'll net the extra $10?[/QUOTE]

Older sports titles and wrestling games are excluded but you can trade in this years sports titles which is pretty cool.

[quote name='jkam']Being that I have 8 jampacks just begging to be traded in I think I will be hitting up Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Let us know if it worked for you too?

[quote name='Pratt75']Older sports titles and wrestling games are excluded but you can trade in this years sports titles which is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. Might be time to clear out some stuff I didn't want anymore and was on EB's exclusion list.

[quote name='ryosnk']Let us know if it worked for you too?[/QUOTE]

I went today and traded in 2 older jampacks ($1 each) and I-Ninja (PS2) [$5] (Got a cube copy for $2) and got the extra $10. It came to like $16.75 or so in credit. Good deal.

[quote name='jkam']I went today and traded in 2 older jampacks ($1 each) and I-Ninja (PS2) [$5] (Got a cube copy for $2) and got the extra $10. It came to like $16.75 or so in credit. Good deal.[/QUOTE]

Huh. None of my local Gamestops will even trade-in a Jampack, let alone give you the bonus. (They all say that they `don't take demos').

just checked my gamestop, too, i called them up (actually i called 2 of em). so will this only work if you actually go in the store or something ? and have a clueless clerk as a bonus "deal"? EDIT: oh yeah, i'm referring to the jampacks....you can't use them for the trade in 3 deal...sorry about the late post guys

[quote name='mentos888']just checked my gamestop, too, i called them up (actually i called 2 of em). so will this only work if you actually go in the store or something ? and have a clueless clerk as a bonus "deal"?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, it works. Go to the Gamestop on the corner of Tropicana and Jones. That's where I've done this deal - about 3 or 4 times now.

[quote name='mmn']Yeah man, it works. Go to the Gamestop on the corner of Jones and Decatur. That's where I've done this deal - about 3 or 4 times now.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this deal works in town. I've seen it displayed at a couple of Gamestops. I know the Gamestop on Stephanie and Sunset is doing it.

wait, they do take multiples though ? i only have jampack 10 and 11....grr. sorry guys, i was just jumping the gun there, i did't realize my post didn't say anything about jampacks. thats what i was referring to. i was like, what the?!?!? jampacks work!!!! wow (sarcasm)

bread's done
Back