Gamestop Trade Ban limits (2020)

Davem

CAGiversary!
Started a new topic to see if we can get some more data points in figuring out the more recent Gamestop trade-in / cash limits. I just realized walking into a GS, the poster literally said "We will pay you up to $550 for your iPhone 11!" and made the recent thought that I may have surpasses some unknown limit and gotten myself inadvertently trade banned for going over $500 cash -AND- 2000 Trade Credit in a rolling 30 day period.... So clearly the cash / TC limits aren't exactly link (someone has posted cash = 4 tc and that total < 2000 or get banned), so it really wouldn't make any sense to set the limit at $500 if tech trades and console trades could easily push people past that in one transaction. Anyone actually been trade banned recently for something other than 5 of the same copy of a game within 30 days? I've traded in the same game to the same store in the same visit (2 transactions by the same employee that didn't care) as well as multiple copies to different stores within the same day without any issues. 

Reference: I don't have Elite and have only been an active GS pro member since January 2019. 

Cash Received (30 day rolling)
1 transaction: $497.16 total 
Primarily consisting of Switch/XB1/PS4/3DS titles + 2 controllers. 

Trade Credit Accumulated (30 day rolling - 11-29 to 12-28 = $1971.70)
19 transactions averaging $103 each. 

Total Spent (30 day rolling - 11-29 to 12-28  =  $2,524.18)
In-store = $743.84 (Primarily games, no hardware during this period)
Online = $1780.34 (All using Trade Credit cards - had no issue with purchases)

Since the Cash-same-as-credit lasts until mid-Jan, considering testing the $500/30day limit by cashing out the 'awaiting product availability' games from my B2G2 orders. Just feels like sometimes we could be constraining ourselves to some imaginary cash limit during these CSAC promos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll be that guy:  Best deal ever!

Seriously though, I still fail at flipping to even reach being trade banned.  Maybe 2020 will be the year of "I get trade banned" and a PS4 Pro/XB1 X.

With the way things are going at gamestop I wouldn't trust piling up credit with them because if they decide to check out you are screwed.  

My theory is that the formula for flagging accounts takes into account amount spent at GS. So people buying games and selling them back even the day or months after is to be expected, as long as you don't look to be inputting new video games and only extracting cash from GS, they are ok with whatever balance. Hence the "only 4 of the same SKU within 30 days" type limits.  

bread's done
Back