Gamestop Trade-in ANY PS3 System for $200 credit

callmewoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I tried searching hope this isn't a repost.

Gamestop $200 trade-in for ANY PS3 System

Get $200 trade-in credit for any PS3 system traded.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer subject to change without notice. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/28/10 - 07/18/10.

*On a personal note, back in january they were only offering me $115 for my phat (non-bc) 80gb system. I think I might trade it in now for $200 instead. NICE!*

Additional Info:
For those of you who care, consider a squaretrade warranty (I'm not linking, just google it). They're currently running a promo for new warranties (CREDIT GOES TO mail2vrp @ SD):
Squaretrade Warranty 30% Off 6/29 Only (then 20% Off Until Jul-5th)!

Use coupon code 07FOURTH. This is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT June 29th, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT July 5th, 2010. Take care!
That works out to:
3 year product Care Plan $38.99
July 4th Sale!-$11.70
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total$27.29

Add Accidental Spill, Drop, and other damage Protection for only $16.00 This works out to $28 for a 3 year warranty that will fully cover a YLOD (yellow light of death), harddrive failure, laser failure, etc etc. Their warranties give you the full purchase price back if it breaks and they don't fix it - otherwise they fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cstill']I have an 80 gb launch that I want to trade in. The problem is it doesn't read discs. How much do you think it would be worth?[/QUOTE]

If they find out it doesn't read discs, you'd get 120.

After reading so much about this trade deal. I think there is just as many people not trusting their PS3 then people trusting their Xbox 360. I have an 80 gb ps3 with BC, should i trade it in since so many people are having problems with it. The system has shown no signs of problems but you guys scare me about the reliability and failure rate.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']After reading so much about this trade deal. I think there is just as many people not trusting their PS3 then people trusting their Xbox 360. I have an 80 gb ps3 with BC, should i trade it in since so many people are having problems with it. The system has shown no signs of problems but you guys scare me about the reliability and failure rate.[/QUOTE]

my PS3 40gb worked fine up until 3 days ago when I turned it on to watch a blu ray movie and it wouldn't read the disc then tried another movie same thing and then a game and same thing so yeah maybe it might be worth trading it in

Anyone know if they are giving $200 for the original 20GB model? I would pull my 120GB harddrive out and put back in the original, I just dont have faith this thing will be running much longer and would prefer a brand new slim one with a warranty.

are the new Slims more reliable? because I could just get my PS3 fixed for like $100 or is it better to just get the new slim? Reason I would want to keep mine is because of games I have bought on PSN via gameshare which I will lose

Dark Lord you wouldnt lose anything, you can pull harddrive first, you can back-up to external hard drive or large USB storage drive, or you can just redownload in Account Management.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']After reading so much about this trade deal. I think there is just as many people not trusting their PS3 then people trusting their Xbox 360. I have an 80 gb ps3 with BC, should i trade it in since so many people are having problems with it. The system has shown no signs of problems but you guys scare me about the reliability and failure rate.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't since you have one with BC. You'll miss that BC if you play PS2 games at all. Even if the laser goes out, if you could find a repair shop or someone who you know that can repair tv's and dvd/br players, they might could cut you a deal on replacing that lens...which would be a cheaper alternative than buying a new PS3.

I would like a new Slim, BUT...I don't wanna lose that BC. I know you can always get a PS2, but I don't have the room really, and I like having HDMI upscaling. DMC3 looked pretty good on my PS3, whereas it looked awful with components when I had a PS2.

goddamit, I traded in my 60GB-twice-YLODed-w/-the-warranty-sticker-still-intact in for the credit and got a Slim, but I traded in the network cable too because I thought the Slims came with one, fuck karma...

Eventually your old ps3 will get YLOD or some random HDMI port issue.

For $100 more you get to upgrade to a 120 GB HDD, be able to bitstream TRUE HD sound, get a new controller, Hdmi 1.3b specs, plus is saves $10-20 a year on electric bill.

Also its much more quiet, and a NEW WARRANTY otherwise send $150 to $ony.

I would buy a used ps2 if you need it for old psx games. Ps3 wasn't too good at emulating old games.

If do this trade I would like to know if it would be safe to transfers Burnout Paradise downloads to a new PS3 without any problems of it being lock to one console. Its the only game on the console that I'm worry about loosing the paid downloads. Too bad the new one don't have the media card reader which I use alot

[quote name='DeathBringer']
I would buy a used ps2 if you need it for old psx games. Ps3 wasn't too good at emulating old games.[/QUOTE]
lol, what?

My 60GB loads PS2 games fast as shit, upscales them, and has never had problems with anything I ever threw at it.

There's no way my PS2 looks or plays better in any way.

Anything you purchased from the PSN Store will be able to download to a new PS3 provided you have not used your 5 PS3 system slots on your PSN account.

The best thing for a swap system would be to do the system transfer. It walks you through the deactivation on the PSN account and transferring the contents of one system to another.

If it is a copy protected save file, the only way to move those to a new system is with the system data transfer.

[quote name='rp71284']Maybe for a 60GB in great condition w/box.

You'll be lucky to get $200 (after fees) for a 80GB BC, unless its in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

I got $400 for my 60GB PS3 on ebay about 6 months ago w/ no controller included. The PS3 itself had less than 100 hours of use on it though. I got rid of it due to Uncharted 2 damn near melting the thing. BC isn't worth a broken unit to me.

If you guys are trading in working 60GB units for $200 you're getting ripped off pretty badly.

[quote name='zeoavenger']I got $400 for my 60GB PS3 on ebay about 6 months ago w/ no controller included. The PS3 itself had less than 100 hours of use on it though. I got rid of it due to Uncharted 2 damn near melting the thing. BC isn't worth a broken unit to me.

If you guys are trading in working 60GB units for $200 you're getting ripped off pretty badly.[/QUOTE]

Link me please...

It must have dropped in value like crazy over the past 6 months

I've been crawling over craigslist waiting to see a ~$100 PS3. I figure if I do that, I can basically get the new Xbox 360 4GB model for whatever price I pay for the old PS3 after I use the $200 GC on it...

How many GS stores actually check for disc reading capabilities when doing trade-in? I see a lot of $75-$100 PS3s on Craigs that don't read discs...

I think if I can't sell this mgs4 ps3 within a few days, I'll trade it in to GS. What's this I hear about handshake issues with the slim though? That would be a nightmare...

Yeah well I've seen the auctions for ebay now a old ps3 is $200 most of the time. Even 80gb.

Plus $20 in fees from Ebay and paypal.

PS2 looks the same as PS3. Upscaling makes games looks worse in my opinion. My ps2 games look great on a HDTV with a component cable on the old ps2.

Deal ends this weekend. I'm almost about to bite on this but was reading about some HDMI handshake issues on the slim. Has that been resolved? Any info would be appreciated while I keep searching.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Deal ends this weekend. I'm almost about to bite on this but was reading about some HDMI handshake issues on the slim. Has that been resolved? Any info would be appreciated while I keep searching.[/QUOTE]

Slim has software for HDCP opposed to the hardware used in phat. From what I can remember from reading on avsforum a while ago, remedies were changing the HDMI cables, updating firmwares of HDTVs and/ or receivers and changing the resolution setting on the PS3 to reflect only the native resolution of the TV. I can't exactly pinpoint the sources as there were several threads back then. Regardless, Sony has not really addressed the issue themselves as it is not widely rampant. For me at least, my CECH 2100a slim never gave me any trouble on my Kuro sets for the past couple of months. Hope that helps somewhat.

how much does GameStop give for a PS3 that doesn't read discs? GameStop guy told me $140 today but I have read on here its $120. I know not a big difference just wondering because Im going to trade in mine to get a new slim

The Slim is great, so quiet. When the TV is on volume 1, I can hear the laser during loading times, that's how quiet it is.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']for PS3 trade in do you need to take cable to charge controller?[/QUOTE]

that was one of the requirements

-1 controller (DS3/6Axis)
-USB controller cord
-Power cord
-A/V cables

just don't do what I did and trade in the network cable if your phat PS3 came with one

bread's done
Back