GameStop trade in deals: 30% extra credit for Rock Band preorder, plus others.

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Hey guys.

Went to GameStop today, and thought I'd post some of the new marketing materials that came out.

Trade in any games/accessories towards Rock Band, and get 30% extra credit. This is stackable with the Edge card, so you can get a max of 40%.

Trade in any games/accessories towards Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, or Mario Party DS, and get 20% extra credit. This is also stackable with the Edge card, so you get a max of 30%.

Also, they're still doing the 2 Wii/PS3/360 games gets 10$ extra deal. But you know that.

Anyway, just passing on the info.

if you trade things towards rock band and at a later time cancel the preorder do you get the credit back or do they deduct the extra percentage you received? :whistle2:/

I'm asking because I have interest in getting the game but not sure I can truly afford it or not

this is a good deal for boosting the value of last gen games not covered in the bonus 10$ for 2. this nets you 14 for halo 1 that you can get for 7.99 at gc...

anyone know what GHII with the guitar usually nets at GS? i have no need for more than one wired guitar and don't feel like dealing with the shipping hassles of a guitar and game if at all possible.

awsome thanks for the info.should help take some sting off the nearly 100 dollar price as me and my sis are already going halfises on the game.

If this is true AND if Halo 3 trades for $35 like was mentioned the b1g150% thread AND if you can find a store with 2 used Halo 3s THEN..........

-Buy 2 copies of Halo 3 B1g150% with ebge 10% discount = 74.25+tax (79ish)
-Trade both copies back in = $70 + 40% bonus with edge card = $98

Do it twice and you can pay off Rockband and save about $40. :D

To the person who asked Rock Band comes out on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving 11/23.

[quote name='paintball745']awsome thanks for the info.should help take some sting off the nearly 100 dollar price as me and my sis are already going halfises on the game.[/QUOTE]
it's $169.99.

and it comes out on the 20th now, they changed the date.

thanks for the infos. there's some PS2 games here that I could use for this.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Hey guys.

Went to GameStop today, and thought I'd post some of the new marketing materials that came out.

Trade in any games/accessories towards Rock Band, and get 30% extra credit. This is stackable with the Edge card, so you can get a max of 40%.

Trade in any games/accessories towards Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, or Mario Party DS, and get 20% extra credit. This is also stackable with the Edge card, so you get a max of 30%.

Also, they're still doing the 2 Wii/PS3/360 games gets 10$ extra deal. But you know that.

Anyway, just passing on the info.[/quote]

It also includes movies.

i just tried this, and they told me that edge wouldnt stack :( they also told me that i could not change the preorder later... and would have to keep it on GH3.

And GH3 is no longer 20% bonus, 10%, only SSB:brawl and Galaxy, and the DS game count now for 20%

[quote name='reicaden']i just tried this, and they told me that edge wouldnt stack :( they also told me that i could not change the preorder later... and would have to keep it on GH3.

And GH3 is no longer 20% bonus, 10%, only SSB:brawl and Galaxy, and the DS game count now for 20%[/quote]

Did they tell you that? Taken from the GS website 30 seconds ago:

Guitar Hero III Power Trade Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of Guitar Hero III and receive an extra 20% Trade-in Credit (XB360, PS3, Wii, PS2)

Expires: 11/11/2007. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of title. Offer not good on cash trades. Offer good on game trades only. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

[quote name='$hady']If this is true AND if Halo 3 trades for $35 like was mentioned the b1g150% thread AND if you can find a store with 2 used Halo 3s THEN..........

-Buy 2 copies of Halo 3 B1g150% with ebge 10% discount = 74.25+tax (79ish)
-Trade both copies back in = $70 + 40% bonus with edge card = $98

Do it twice and you can pay off Rockband and save about $40. :D

To the person who asked Rock Band comes out on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving 11/23.[/quote]

good idea, but not likely to find one, much less TWO used copies of halo 3. plus the coupon expires in 3 days. not tryin' to rag, but still, the odds are against ya on this plan

[quote name='Bune']and it comes out on the 20th now, they changed the date.[/quote]

Source on that? Hadn't heard anything about it.

[quote name='aktick']Source on that? Hadn't heard anything about it.[/quote]

I was going to ask that also. Still listed as the 23rd on Gamestop.com, but Best Buy and Circuit City now has the 20th listed. I searched around and could not find any official confirmation of the date as being switched to the 20th.

i saw in a previous post that you can also trade in dvd's(movies) towards this deal, is that true?

can you trade the stuff towards preordering rock band then cancel it later on and get the full credit amount? cause I don't want rock band, already have smash preordered at a gamecrazy near my campus

[quote name='buckythekat']if you trade things towards rock band and at a later time cancel the preorder do you get the credit back or do they deduct the extra percentage you received? :whistle2:/

I'm asking because I have interest in getting the game but not sure I can truly afford it or not[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive you should be able to cancel the pre-order. I've done it many times to take advantage of deals like this. I used to work at Gamestop (hated it, please take advantage of them) and it was a rule that customers were allowed to change their minds and cancel pre-orders, so unless things have changed, I'd jump on this +40% and the use the credit for whatever you want (crysis?)

[quote name='sp00ge']Did they tell you that? Taken from the GS website 30 seconds ago:[/quote]
:O !! those bitches! yes they did tell me that, said it was the 10% from edge only, and GH3 was no longer 20% trade in value!!

......i feel so....cheated :(

gonna print that right now from GS.com, gonna go bitch tomorrow about this crap!

EDIT: I cant find that on gamestop.com :(

Wow! I had 2 Halo 3 copies and 3 bioshock copies ... now i find one more game at Big Kmart to get $30 extra bonus and i go with extra 30% trade-in Rock Band bundle w/ extra 10% edge card. I'll cancel my pre-order a week later & get new PSP :)

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/harmonix-music-project/828392p1.html

funny thing: the web monkies didn't fix the release date. It's there, though.
This only kicks off what's sure to be a flood of Rock Band info over the next month, as there's plenty of songs yet to be announced, further details on the controllers, and online playtesting to come. Also, it was announced this week that Rock Band's release date had been moved up; originally set for Black Friday, November 23 (the day after Thanksgiving), Rock Band is now set to be in stores a few days early on Tuesday, November 20th. Check back with GameSpy regularly, as we'll have plenty more on Rock Band in the weeks to come.

Do I still get the extra $10 for trading in two 360 games if I put it towards Rock Band and get the extra 40%?

They all say "cannot be combined with any other offer," so does that mean I can't get the extra $10 AND the extra 40%?

[quote name='tsunamikitsune']Do I still get the extra $10 for trading in two 360 games if I put it towards Rock Band and get the extra 40%?

They all say "cannot be combined with any other offer," so does that mean I can't get the extra $10 AND the extra 40%?[/quote]

YMMV. Some will, some won't. Hell, some places won't even stack the edge card with those deals.

Can you trade in 4 (or more) Xbox 360 games and get multiple $10 bonuses? Or is it limited to one $10 bonus? If you can't, can you do so over a period of days, or is it a strict 1 time limit?

Edit: and a related question, will they let you trade in multiple copies of the same game for the $10 bonus? If so I'll pick up a couple copies of Table Tennis to flip from the local kmart.

I had a extra copy of halo dont ask how. It just showed up in my 360 one day. BY the way halo rocks!!! . There giving 30% extra to trade towards rock band . SO with my edge card 10% I traded in my halo and I got $35 + 14. 49 dollars for one game thats alot of chesse right there. its better then the trade in 2 ps3,wii or xbox 360 b.s:)

[quote name='sweeper1303']You could've used the coupon that was on here earlier and gotten 60%[/QUOTE]
what coupon?

[quote name='tsunamikitsune']Do I still get the extra $10 for trading in two 360 games if I put it towards Rock Band and get the extra 40%?

They all say "cannot be combined with any other offer," so does that mean I can't get the extra $10 AND the extra 40%?[/quote]

i argued that the trade in bonus 10 was different than the preorder bonus 30%. i agreed that i couldnt combine 2 trade in or 2 preorder bonuses but that these were clearly 2 serperate entities and that doing 10+ & 40% was kosher. the girl actually agreed with me and started doing manual overrides until the dick manager came over, voided the transaction, and told me to go over to his register. once again i explained my point and he told me to stop scamming his store and that he recognized me as a trouble maker. i took the games i was gonna trade in back and said, fine cancel my mario galaxy and brawl orders.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i argued that the trade in bonus 10 was different than the preorder bonus 30%. i agreed that i couldnt combine 2 trade in or 2 preorder bonuses but that these were clearly 2 serperate entities and that doing 10+ & 40% was kosher. the girl actually agreed with me and started doing manual overrides until the dick manager came over, voided the transaction, and told me to go over to his register. once again i explained my point and he told me to stop scamming his store and that he recognized me as a trouble maker. i took the games i was gonna trade in back and said, fine cancel my mario galaxy and brawl orders.[/quote]

Technically, he was in the right by denying you. Fine print clearly states "Cannot be combined with any other offer." on both offers. Therefore, it's one or the other. Whlie it would be cool to double-dip on it, there's no need to get pissy about someone enforcing the rules. Granted, he should've dealt with it in a different, non-a'holish way.

[quote name='sp00ge']Technically, he was in the right by denying you. Fine print clearly states "Cannot be combined with any other offer." on both offers. Therefore, it's one or the other. Whlie it would be cool to double-dip on it, there's no need to get pissy about someone enforcing the rules. Granted, he should've dealt with it in a different, non-a'holish way.[/quote]

i just hate that guy in general, hes stiffed me on preorder bonuses, constantly gives me the stink eye, and is always asking personal questions about me. i agree no way i should be allowed to get both but it was cool that i kind of convinced the new girl to do it for me, she was probably just hard up for preorders that day.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i just hate that guy in general, hes stiffed me on preorder bonuses, constantly gives me the stink eye, and is always asking personal questions about me. i agree no way i should be allowed to get both but it was cool that i kind of convinced the new girl to do it for me, she was probably just hard up for preorders that day.[/quote]

You just proved the manager right...

System glitches are one thing, but outright lying to people sucks, you were wrong.

I traded in 6 ps3, 2 360 and 2Wii games along with some gamecube junk last saturday. I was told that I could get the $10 for 2 deal and the %30 for rockband (2 days early) + %10 for the card.
The kid manually put in my bonus cash and it rang me up an additional %10 on top of that. Ended up with $340 for the bag I brought in and I paid off rockband for my kids and GH3 for me, bought a used game for my son and put $40 on the store card.

All I can say is thanks to that Block Buster coupon last week I made a killing. :bouncy:

*sighs*

I got served.

I did the pre-order for Rock Band but not only did I not get the additional 30% boost, I got the cash value for the trade ins. I'm just glad that it was $1-2 Hollywood video clearance games. (mostly copies of Dark Alliance 2)

Yesterday I went in to take advantage of the Rock Band deal in order to add to the money I've already placed down, and it wasn't until I was handed the receipt that the cashier said something along the lines of "Yeah, that doesn't reflect the 30 percent bonus, you'll see that when you get the game."

It sounded like complete horseshit.

When questioning him on it, he said that's how it works. Considering I was in a rush and plan to use the bonus again before the deal expires, I didn't push it.

Anyone else deal with this before? I figured it worse comes to worst, I'll talk with the manager or EB corporate if need be.

I traded in Halo 3 yesterday when I picked up GH3, it's still $35 + 30%, so $45.50 towards Rock Band. :D

And FYI my receipt showed the entire $45.50.

[quote name='zootedgranny']Yesterday I went in to take advantage of the Rock Band deal in order to add to the money I've already placed down, and it wasn't until I was handed the receipt that the cashier said something along the lines of "Yeah, that doesn't reflect the 30 percent bonus, you'll see that when you get the game."

It sounded like complete horseshit.

When questioning him on it, he said that's how it works. Considering I was in a rush and plan to use the bonus again before the deal expires, I didn't push it.

Anyone else deal with this before? I figured it worse comes to worst, I'll talk with the manager or EB corporate if need be.[/QUOTE]
yeah, you figured right. all bonuses like that appear on the receipt. Get the guys name off the receipt and call someone about that.

bread's done
Back