Gamestop trade in extra 30% plus edge card starting today 4/5

akokonas

CAGiversary!
Just went to Gamestop and starting today they are having an extra 30% trade in on any game. I never heard of this deal before on one game only but thats what they told me. if you have an edge card its an extra 10% as well. Pretty good deal

It's still tiered.

3 = 10%
4 = 20%
5 = 30%

Then +10% for EDGE on any of the above.

I know I traded in 5 old ones today for VC.

if i'm not mistaken, the 'old' tiered trade expired 4/5, so it would still be valid today and thus still be the 'old' deal they had going on already.

Yeah, the standard 3/4/5 for 10/20/30% tiered promo starts tomorrow. I confirmed it and someone else had mentioned it last night I think in the other trade promo thread.

Um, no it doesn't. The 3/4/5 10/20/30 starts today. At least at the GameStops near me. Sacramento, CA.

The old one stopped at midnight (or after midnight openings for the DSi).

all i know is that i just went into the store and i asked how much i can get for 50 cent for xbox and they said its worth 20. He then told me with the new promotion i can get 28 for it with the edge card (an extra 40%) I then asked him but i have to bring in like 4 other games though right? He then said no this is a new promotion starting today so you only need 1 game now instead of 4

[quote name='akokonas']all i know is that i just went into the store and i asked how much i can get for 50 cent for xbox and they said its worth 20. He then told me with the new promotion i can get 28 for it with the edge card (an extra 40%) I then asked him but i have to bring in like 4 other games though right? He then said no this is a new promotion starting today so you only need 1 game now instead of 4[/quote]

Oh, that's definitely different than the tiered trade then. Hmm that's an interesting promotion.

I wouldn't put it past them to try this should Amazon and TRUS be taking a bigger bite out of their used game business than originally thought.

For jp and anyone who might be making the next thread:

I saw a mini-flier in GS this past weekend and confirmed with the sales guy that they're actually starting a promotion Monday regarding Wii games:

Trade 2 Wii games, get $10 extra
Trade 4 Wii games, get $25 extra.

Not sure about stipulations (might be $1 TIV, might be $2, who knows) but this could present some decent opportunities.

[quote name='Nirron']For jp and anyone who might be making the next thread:

I saw a mini-flier in GS this past weekend and confirmed with the sales guy that they're actually starting a promotion Monday regarding Wii games:

Not sure about stipulations (might be $1 TIV, might be $2, who knows) but this could present some decent opportunities.[/quote]

I saw that same one. Minimum TIV has to be $4.00.

[quote name='Nirron']For jp and anyone who might be making the next thread:

Not sure about stipulations (might be $1 TIV, might be $2, who knows) but this could present some decent opportunities.[/quote]

I've slowly started converting the current thread over. I'm waiting for the exact details on that from Gamestop.com before I add it to the title of the current promo/value thread.

Can anyone verify if this is legit? I just checked the GS website and it looks like they just extended the 10/20/40% off tiered offer, not even a switch to the 10/20/30% for 3/4/5 games like I'd seen mentioned on some other threads. What's the story?

My local stores had said it was switching but I go in today and it's still 10/20/40. It is extremely odd.

It might be like what other stores had. Before my local stores did something similar,extra 40% trade in on any game before edge. It was only for about 12 store around my area. Not franchise either. No having to trade in a certain amount of games either.

Definition - Franchise store?

Oh, so is there another tiered trade sale? I have a buncha games I wanna get rid of

bread's done
Back