Gamestop trade in question

LuisRM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I picked up a few copies of NCAA Football 08 for the PS3. I went to trade them in at my local Gamestop. They were still sealed and the manager said that he wouldn't take them sealed, but if I went outside and opened them up I could trade them in. So I did, came back and presented him with 4 copies. He said he couldn't take all 4, but would take 2 (trade in 2, get $10 extra). They then scanned my EDGE card and drivers license. So here is my question:

Why do they scan your drivers license?

Why not take the games sealed?

Can I go to another Gamestop and trade the rest in, or will their system say not to take them because I've already traded in two? Are the systems linked?

I just want to abide by their rules and not screw up the Edge credit I have with them. I would sell them on ebay, but the extra $10 makes it worth it not to.

Thanks!

Only supposed to take drivers license information down if you want cash instead of credit for your games. They legally are responsible for providing police with information like that if the games are later found to be stolen.

They don't take sealed in games because they have a greater chance of being stolen. (and what 62t said about the game inside thing) The manager shouldn't have let you do that. Technically, once he sees that the games are sealed, he isn't supposed to allow them to be traded in. (more legalities)

You should be able to go back to any gamestop and still trade the other two in, but open them before you go.

Thanks for the answers. Will it show up that I have traded in the same thing at other stores? I'm thinking I can only do two at a time huh?

[quote name='pepco']how did u get 4 copies of the same game.... brand new?? exactly. reasons like this r y they dont do it. (very suspcoiuos or ur habits). but u can do 1 or 2x each but at diff gamestop store.[/quote]

Got 'em at Goodwill. And I got 6.

bread's done
Back