GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it differentiates from basic member to pro cards,but I have used numerous $ off coupons on the basic cards that I have and the only one that has got banned was when I used multiple coupons in one transaction.

Has anybody tried trading accessories using the division 50% extra coupon? The coupon only states games but I'm wondering if accessories will work as well.

Does the account selling the coupon get banned too?
i dont think they try to find out where the coupon comes from, just that you used a coupon that wasnt redeemed with your points.
I don't know if it differentiates from basic member to pro cards,but I have used numerous $ off coupons on the basic cards that I have and the only one that has got banned was when I used multiple coupons in one transaction.
I only time I recall other cags posting about it was when they were the recipients of the coupons instead of the provider. So not sure if the provider would get in trouble.

I just realized after going over my trade in receipt from earlier today that gamestop shorted me on a trade. I used the 50% trade coupon for the division to trade in a few games. Apparently they took in my Disney infinity 3.0 game in as 2.0. 3.0 trades in for $10 and 2.0 trades in for $1.50 so instead of getting $16 I only got $2.40. Anybody ever have this happen to them? I was thinking that maybe there's nothing I can do now since I can't prove which games I traded in.

I just realized after going over my trade in receipt from earlier today that gamestop shorted me on a trade. I used the 50% trade coupon for the division to trade in a few games. Apparently they took in my Disney infinity 3.0 game in as 2.0. 3.0 trades in for $10 and 2.0 trades in for $1.50 so instead of getting $16 I only got $2.40. Anybody ever have this happen to them? I was thinking that maybe there's nothing I can do now since I can't prove which games I traded in.
Wouldn't hurt to just ask. If you want to get creative, you could show 'em trophies/achievements on your gaming profile from 3.0. Maybe if you have any characters that only work with 3.0? In other words, let Hulkbuster do the talking.

They'll have a disc for 3.0 labelled as 2.0

Go in tomorrow and talk to them and they should find some way to rectify it.

That sucks, and I'd imagine you can't do much now, but maybe that extra $13.60 is worth trying for?

Thanks everybody. I'm going to call the manager later today when they open and see if there's anything they could do.

Don't do it. They are clamping down on bought coupons. That's the one thing that will get you banned quick.
Yep.This is true. Also, if you use bought coupons on a pro account, you'll be banned within a few days (ESPECIALLY if you use more than 3! The most I've used in a single day was around 9. Different GameStops. But I used a non-pro card. It was banned the next day.) Long story short, it isn't a good idea.

I went a head and traded my Xbox one (black) for the Quantum Break Xbox one (white). Looks like my Wii ate a super mushroom.

For anyone that was curious to know what's included/different from previous console bundles.

1 - the HDMI cable in the new model doesn't have the ferrite core/clamp anymore.

-- GS doesn't require you to return the original HDMI cable, aftermarket is fine. I gave them the one I bought from a CAG link probably 6 years ago. bwahaha. No problems. Now I have 2.

2 - headset isn't included int his bundle. (I don't believe GS accepts the cheap headsets anymore either) They didn't ask for it, in fact it's kinda gross if you think about it. Someone else's gaming sweat on the foam pads.

3 - the white controller is not to be confused w/the Lunar white w/gold accents, this one is white w/black accents.

-- It's not textured like the Lunar model but it's still feel better than the standard black controller, or it could just be me.

4 - Alan Wake digital download card included and is a scratch off back, not the cardboard peel to reveal the code.

5 - 14 day xbox live trial code as usual.

6 - one less piece of styrofoam packing on the front. haha.

Willing trade a $6 Amazon gift card and my GameStop B2G1 coupon for a division coupon.

Rarely touch my 3,0 infinity figures. I'd definitely trade them in with a 50% bonus.

You quoted a statement...
LOL as my "statement" was quoted I'll ask the question again.
It was about 50% bonus trade credit on games toward Division.
Anyone have tried returning the game you bought with trade bumps? Will the value stay the same or the trade bonuses automatically get deducted upon return?

When you are picking up the division ask for a gift receipt then just return it using the gift receipt and you'll get the full amount back. You can also return it without the gift receipt and it's no problem I just usually ask for a gift receipt because it's easier but when you do the return for the division you should get the 59.99 unless the GS employee is being a pain but it all falls within their return policy

When you are picking up the division ask for a gift receipt then just return it using the gift receipt and you'll get the full amount back. You can also return it without the gift receipt and it's no problem I just usually ask for a gift receipt because it's easier but when you do the return for the division you should get the 59.99 unless the GS employee is being a pain but it all falls within their return policy
Good to know!
I already bought one, so for the next time I'll try that gift receipt thing.
Will see if everything goes well when I return it..
Thanks!

LOL as my "statement" was quoted I'll ask the question again.
It was about 50% bonus trade credit on games toward Division.
Anyone have tried returning the game you bought with trade bumps? Will the value stay the same or the trade bonuses automatically get deducted upon return?
You will not automatically get your trade bonuses deducted. In some rare cases people have reported employees manually adjusting the return value to the unboosted value, but those are unusual situations.

You will not automatically get your trade bonuses deducted. In some rare cases people have reported employees manually adjusting the return value to the unboosted value, but those are unusual situations.
Does the register give some kind of message? Or does the employee just notice some sort of boosted value and go "wait this isn't fair!"?

IIRC, it was in a very strange way. They purchased used versions of the traded in games at some price and returned them. I seem to remember it required the buyer to sign a few times. If they even mention it just go to a different gamestop.

Does the register give some kind of message? Or does the employee just notice some sort of boosted value and go "wait this isn't fair!"?
What happened to me was my employee turned out to be a manager and the process he went through was very odd. You'll know if they are doing it. He put the amount on a trade card and he knew exactly what my wife traded in the day before. How he knew it was my wife Idk and how he knew exactly what games Idk either. In the end, I lost 60 cents... Seriously lol

IIRC, it was in a very strange way. They purchased used versions of the traded in games at some price and returned them. I seem to remember it required the buyer to sign a few times. If they even mention it just go to a different gamestop.
Yes they purchase the games at the price that you traded them for then retrades them without a bonus. You'll be screwed if its your 4th trade because in the end you'll trade one more additional time. Again it was odd. I work customer service and you should never make your customer feel that way

Yes they purchase the games at the price that you traded them for then retrades them without a bonus. You'll be screwed if its your 4th trade because in the end you'll trade one more additional time. Again it was odd. I work customer service and you should never make your customer feel that way
Ah yes, I remember now. You were probably stunned, but correct me if I'm wrong...you could have walked out before any of those shenanigans happened, right?

I never ever trade anything in, but I bought a really cheap 360 at a yardsale and nobody on Craigslist is biting. How often do they do that 50% trade value stuff? I wish they'd just let me trade it 1:1 for another ps3 lol.

Edit: I also see they are giving pro members 1000 bonus points for preordering (and picking up) uncharted and the new souls game...is this their attempt at staying relevant vs amazon and best buy? Lol if so.

I never ever trade anything in, but I bought a really cheap 360 at a yardsale and nobody on Craigslist is biting. How often do they do that 50% trade value stuff? I wish they'd just let me trade it 1:1 for another ps3 lol.

Edit: I also see they are giving pro members 1000 bonus points for preordering (and picking up) uncharted and the new souls game...is this their attempt at staying relevant vs amazon and best buy? Lol if so.
Don't knock 1000 points! That's about 20% of the way to getting a 5 dollar off pre owned coupon!

I mean what other retailer gives you a WHOLE DOLLAR equivalent in rewards points?

Is it a slim?

Ah yes, I remember now. You were probably stunned, but correct me if I'm wrong...you could have walked out before any of those shenanigans happened, right?
I could've but I hate drawing attention from this particular guy. Regardless I let it happen and I returned every day for a week until he wasn't there and cancelled. I should've known better as my interactions with this guy have never been good, I've driven to other gamestops just to get them to scan coupons he himself refuses. Takes the job a little too serious

Same here.
+2

Well I guess I am trading my free copy of Battlefront. I thought about playing it but $21 is too good to pass up. Between that and the $32 I would get from Rise of the Tomb Raider I am paying almost nothing (well CAG math nothing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back