GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to just pick up the preorder at my favorite store and return the game at a later date instead of canceling the preorder outright. More convenient than driving to a far away store to cancel on them another time.

Im sure this question has been answered but i dont feel like reading through 50 pages to find the answer so. If i trade in my ps3 and my xbox one toward a new xbox one i would get 300 trade credit towards a new xbox one correct?

I know that ending a vocal sentence with the word so is rampant, but I didn't know it had made the leap to being typed in a post.  The moment I read it in a book is the moment I stop reading books.

Im sure this question has been answered but i dont feel like reading through 50 pages to find the answer so. If i trade in my ps3 and my xbox one toward a new xbox one i would get 300 trade credit towards a new xbox one correct?
i don't want to read over 50 pgs too, so here's the short version.

you sure do.

No problem returning The Division today. The girl was real chill about it. I just said my Dad had the game and I was going to borrow it. She did not even try to sell me on another game. She actually thanked me for not opening the game which made me laugh inside. After renting Dark Souls III I decided I would rather be playing that instead of The Division anyway. Right after I finish Batman: AK finally.
Sadly the same person was working yesterday that was there when I traded in earlier this week. She said they would "have to deduct the bonus trade in". I walked out and contemplated burning on the survey

I hope you guys like the random shit blocking your access to the registers.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/270573/GameStop_announces_publishing_division_GameTrust.php

"Speaking with Gamasutra at an Insomniac Games media event in Burbank, Vice President of Internal Development and Diversification Mark Stanley states this effort furthers GameStop’s goals to reduce core game sales revenue to 50% of total revenue by 2017."
"The first developers signed on to this new venture include the aforementioned Insomniac Games, The Order: 1886 developer Ready at Dawn, the Spanish studio Tequila Works, and Finnish studio Frozenbyte, most known for the Trine series. "

Get Ready here comes The Order: 1887 , " that's a good fkin lamp"

I hope you guys like the random shit blocking your access to the registers.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/270573/GameStop_announces_publishing_division_GameTrust.php

"Speaking with Gamasutra at an Insomniac Games media event in Burbank, Vice President of Internal Development and Diversification Mark Stanley states this effort furthers GameStop’s goals to reduce core game sales revenue to 50% of total revenue by 2017."
I just read that, semi-carefully, and I have no idea what I read...

Maybe you didn't read it...correct?
I wouldn't put it past me...
tl;dr

Gamestop is attempting to transition from solely a game seller to a more diverse model (including those shitty t-shirts/backpacks/figures you see everywhere and game development).
I understand that they are going to have a publishing division now, but the last half of the article was gabbledygack to me.

It's all about that Kylo Ren lunch box. I've almost purchased that thing 4 or 5 times, and each time I didn't because I wouldn't be able to handle any stares that came my way
Even though Kylo Ren can stop laser beams in midair, he gets beat by a black janitor and a woman. The stares would be too much with that in my mind.

You can't cancel preorders at a store the preorder wasn't placed at. So if you're going to just cancel a preorder, place it at the store you hate.
You sorta can. Most stores will deny this but you can go to a store and say you want to cancel a pre-order from another store. They will most likely say you can't but they can put that credit from the cancelled pre-order onto a gift card, have the associate at the store your at put the credit from the gift card onto another game purchase or pre-order.

This is a lot which is why most stores will deny they can do it. When I use to work at Gamestop, we would only do that for customers who moved from a different state or under similar circumstances.

Honestly, just go back to the original store to cancel a pre-order if you have that option.

You sorta can. Most stores will deny this but you can go to a store and say you want to cancel a pre-order from another store. They will most likely say you can't but they can put that credit from the cancelled pre-order onto a gift card, have the associate at the store your at put the credit from the gift card onto another game purchase or pre-order.

This is a lot which is why most stores will deny they can do it. When I use to work at Gamestop, we would only do that for customers who moved from a different state or under similar circumstances.

Honestly, just go back to the original store to cancel a pre-order if you have that option.
More work than its worth. I only do it if they are actually going to buy something.

More work than its worth. I only do it if they are actually going to buy something.
that's why gamestop gets so much hate. why make it so difficult to cancel a pre-order from a public company.... i mean, it's the same store and all profits and loss hits the same gs stake holder. it's like walmart, target, or even bby telling me they cannot return, exchange, or cancel my preorder and direct me back to the store the transaction was initiated. it does appear to be more complex than a simple return/exchange but as a gs employee, that's your job. take care of the customer and they'll take care of you and company profits.... something gs fail to understand, imo.

that's why gamestop gets so much hate. why make it so difficult to cancel a pre-order from a public company.... i mean, it's the same store and all profits and loss hits the same gs stake holder. it's like walmart, target, or even bby telling me they cannot return, exchange, or cancel my preorder and direct me back to the store the transaction was initiated. it does appear to be more complex than a simple return/exchange but as a gs employee, that's your job. take care of the customer and they'll take care of you and company profits.... something gs fail to understand, imo.
Because you don't have the ability to access other stores inventory. Im pretty sure you have to cancel your best buy in store pre-order at the store you ordered as well.

You can return or exchange at any store. To have to move over a pre-order you are using up 2 employees time from 2 different stores. And even then we can only move it over as a gift card because there is no way to return cash on a pre-order from another store. If its busy at either store then its even more of a pain because you are tying up the line moving over a pre order because you couldnt just go to the place you ordered it from.

People do this shit at midnights. Show up at 12 when we are handing out games and waiting to hold up the whole line because they went to the wrong store.

Because you don't have the ability to access other stores inventory. Im pretty sure you have to cancel your best buy in store pre-order at the store you ordered as well.

You can return or exchange at any store. To have to move over a pre-order you are using up 2 employees time from 2 different stores. And even then we can only move it over as a gift card because there is no way to return cash on a pre-order from another store. If its busy at either store then its even more of a pain because you are tying up the line moving over a pre order because you couldnt just go to the place you ordered it from.

People do this shit at midnights. Show up at 12 when we are handing out games and waiting to hold up the whole line because they went to the wrong store.
You can cancel pre-order at any bestbuy regardless of where you placed the pre-order. i've done it several times with little to no hassle.

lines out the door should really have nothing to do with forcing customer to leave and do biz at the store the pre-order was originated. all gamestop store are own by the same investors', make little to no sense to send them else where when the task can be completed at any store. i guess it really boils down to individual employees' and the company culture. i'm not blaming any employee as i'm pretty sure gamestop corporate strategic view on this issue is probably to force customer to cancel at store pre-order was done else forget said pre-order.

Really because you need to go to the best buy you ordered at to pick up your order.

You keep bringing up investors for some reason when that has nothing to do with this at all. Its all from a logistical stand point.

Why is it so hard to a customer to just go to the store they ordered at?

If you ordered something like a CE it wont even matter since the store you didn't order at very likely wont have extras.

Step 1) look for local gamestop phone number
Step 2) pick up phone
Step 3) dial phone number
Step 4) ask your question

*if you dont own a phone you should buy one
66313448.jpg

You can cancel pre-order at any bestbuy regardless of where you placed the pre-order. i've done it several times with little to no hassle.

lines out the door should really have nothing to do with forcing customer to leave and do biz at the store the pre-order was originated. all gamestop store are own by the same investors', make little to no sense to send them else where when the task can be completed at any store. i guess it really boils down to individual employees' and the company culture. i'm not blaming any employee as i'm pretty sure gamestop corporate strategic view on this issue is probably to force customer to cancel at store pre-order was done else forget said pre-order.
They have definitely told me I have to go to the same store to cancel an in store preorder at Best Buy.

So... GameStop trades... How about them trade-in values, huh?
Pretty solid actually, I bought Halo Master Chef and God of War remastered for $18 at redbox. Trade them back at GameStop for $35 with coupon. Then bought Fire Emblem Fates for $29 with 20% coupon and tax.

So Fire Emblem Fates and about $5 credit for $18 bucks. Thanks for asking.

That $20 off Mad Max game coupon...is that on new or preowned?

Sooo $19.99 for new or $14.99 for preowned after coupon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back