GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant use the ebay gift card to purchase best buy gift card. Keep getting error message, called paypal twice and all they could tell me is that I had to wait 24hrs and try again.
Good luck with that one, I dealt with PayPal and eBay for over a week both kept telling me to wait either 24 to 48 hours then claimed it was a restriction on my account that they removed and keeps coming back then blamed it on my gift card. Just ended up buying random items on eBay.

Cant use the ebay gift card to purchase best buy gift card. Keep getting error message, called paypal twice and all they could tell me is that I had to wait 24hrs and try again.
You can use the gift card perfectly fine. You just managed to hit the paypal digital gift card limit.

Don't know why anyone would need a 2 day trial to Xbox Live but here you go:

76T3K-K9PPM-9G9WX-FMM4H-TKCH?     Last letter is the letter that sounds like the word why.

If you usually don't buy alot and you try going big out of no where it will raise a flag. How much did you try buying this time?
So true. Had a problem yesterday when I tried to buy $200. Called and had them reset my account and was told they have been having a lot of trouble with he gift cards being purchased on mobiles and advised I use my laptop going forward.

I'd try the $120 GS giftcards for $100 Ebay credit route if they still had them, but  gift cards aren't treated the same here.  They aren't tax free.   And the stores here don't let you buy certain items with them.  I think  Visa cards were one restriction.  MIght be another.  

The tax on gift card purchases means it's really $100 for ~$111 of GS merchandise in my neck of the woods.  IT's something, but also more hassle/risk.  

btw, do you get reward points if you use a Gamestop gift card?  ...although maybe you don't them using trade credit either.  I forget.

Lately I have to go through the "send a text to my phone" security check 2x for each Ebay gift card transaction.  It's so annoying.  

OH and this last time I only bought $100 of gift cards.  Entered the ebay gift card #.  And then it took me to Paypal and it switched the funding source to my Paypal balance and I didn't catch it.  So annoying.  

I swear something different happens every time.   IT's so backwards.  I think it's related to the breakup of the two companies.

Also magically on Ebay bucks promo days you start not being able to make any purchases after the first one or two.  Then magically, when the promo is over, that problem goes away.

I'd try the $120 GS giftcards for $100 Ebay credit route if they still had them, but gift cards aren't treated the same here. They aren't tax free. And the stores here don't let you buy certain items with them. I think Visa cards were one restriction. MIght be another.

The tax on gift card purchases means it's really $100 for ~$111 of GS merchandise in my neck of the woods. IT's something, but also more hassle/risk.

btw, do you get reward points if you use a Gamestop gift card? ...although maybe you don't them using trade credit either. I forget.
Yes you get points with trade credit and gift cards.

Buying from PDG is some a pain sometimes with all the verification crap but I'm pretty sure I'm at my limit for them since it won't even let me log into Paypal if I try to buy from PDG, so I'd have to resort to buying physical cards if theres a eBay bucks promo this week. 

My only complaint regarding ebay gift cards is that PayPal recently removed the feature that allows you to track any purchase you made with ebay gift cards (found using your PayPal Wallet on the Classic site page). Also when you would use an ebay gift card for the first time, it would link to your PayPal wallet and it was easier keeping track of ebay gift cards you had in your possession and their active balance.

Forgot to mention that while I was flipping games on Saturday, there was a Sony representative there and he gave me an Uncharted 4 Lanyard and a issue to PlayStation Now

Also, I don't know if this was at other gamestops but what happened at mine, was that there would be a whiteboard that would promote their trade in with actual customers info like "Ben J. received $568.67 credits for trading in 17 games." Did your GS does that? Would be funny to see a CAG's info with like $1,473 in credits lol

Forgot to mention that while I was flipping games on Saturday, there was a Sony representative there and he gave me an Uncharted 4 Lanyard and a issue to PlayStation Now

Also, I don't know if this was at other gamestops but what happened at mine, was that there would be a whiteboard that would promote their trade in with actual customers info like "Ben J. received $568.67 credits for trading in 17 games." Did your GS does that? Would be funny to see a CAG's info with like $1,473 in credits lol
Even though I don't engage very heavily in trading like I used to... I'd decline to put up my info.

With GameStop only issuing reward certificates on the first, guess I need to decide if I want preowned certificates or regular. Still haven't seen Overwatch pre-owned in stock online yet, would this be something I need to check in store for? (most people love that game so I see it being hard to obtain used right now). I also still have a 20% off pre-owned I'd want to use.

With GameStop only issuing reward certificates on the first, guess I need to decide if I want preowned certificates or regular. Still haven't seen Overwatch pre-owned in stock online yet, would this be something I need to check in store for? (most people love that game so I see it being hard to obtain used right now). I also still have a 20% off pre-owned I'd want to use.
but overwatch is better on pc.

You looking for X1 or PS4? It was available to order on pS4 earlier today. Theres a few stores withing 25 miles of me that show low stock, so I just sent a hold request. Hopefully it works out tomorrow

You looking for X1 or PS4? It was available to order on pS4 earlier today. Theres a few stores withing 25 miles of me that show low stock, so I just sent a hold request. Hopefully it works out tomorrow
X1. I need to just save up the rest of my trade credit towards a PS4 (don't really care about a 4k unit right now). Went with pre-owned certificates but I only have until the 15th to use them (my bad, meant 15th of July, so gives me some time). Is that something new? Guess I could find something before then to boomerrang if I don't find Overwatch pre-owned.

Overwatch is terrible!! My opinion but it was bad, I used someone's idea of using a %20, %10 and $5 off used coupons . I got it for like 34 and I still felt ripped off. I bought into the hype and it instantly felt like that moment when watch dogs wasn't what you thought it to be. Except I enjoyed watch dogs

Overwatch is terrible!! My opinion but it was bad, I used someone's idea of using a %20, %10 and $5 off used coupons . I got it for like 34 and I still felt ripped off. I bought into the hype and it instantly felt like that moment when watch dogs wasn't what you thought it to be. Except I enjoyed watch dogs
ya it sure feels repetitive(i just bought it with no-rush credit). i hope there are more update coming soon and not battlefront 2.0.

Given that it didn't have much to it, I honestly do want the game cheap ass possible. If the characters were all stiff like Doom guy, I wouldn't be bothering with it at all.

I played maybe an hour. I found it to be surprisingly easy and smooth. The problem was that it was so bland, like your forced to play a certain way. Almost linear. It's hard to explain but it was definitely overhyped and I bought into it. If anything, I made 12 bucks when I traded it in on Friday haha

I heard it doesn't feel satisfying whenever u get a kill or win a game. It seems overrated

i wish gamestop hired more part time help. i see the same 4 people enough that i know what their schedule is. how is it possible only 4 people work there? they fucking work from open to close.
GS pretty much doesn't give stores any hours for anything but key holders from late May-end of August.

Lol anyone that says Overwatch is terrible...you had  SO many opportunities to play the game thru open betas.

Your fault.

Game is great, get friends to play with.

Waiting to see how soon people will be returning those copies of Doom with the gift receipts. I'll probably take mine back on Thursday night after work.
I've already returned 3 games on my main account (Doom for each platform and Uncharted). If there is some penalty, it is delayed because I did a 20% Mirror's Edge preorder and was not banned.

I've already returned 3 games on my main account (Doom for each platform and Uncharted). If there is some penalty, it is delayed because I did a 20% Mirror's Edge preorder and was not banned.
I was going to return at the same store where I bought Doom the other day since it's not worth the gas to drive to a different GS. At the least, I wanted to avoid getting Amanda, the chick who did my trade the other day, since she seemed like a junior detective type.

I played maybe an hour. I found it to be surprisingly easy and smooth. The problem was that it was so bland, like your forced to play a certain way. Almost linear. It's hard to explain but it was definitely overhyped and I bought into it. If anything, I made 12 bucks when I traded it in on Friday haha
I don't understand the "forced to play a certain way" thing at all. The game is a complex Rock Paper Scissors game. Every hero has counters. There are different roles (offense, tank, support, defensive, sniper, etc.). Maps have different objectives (although you can argue there should be more). You can change heroes upon death, changing the flow of the match over its course. How is any of that "linear"?

This game is my GOTY in terms of multiplayer fun. If you pigeonhole yourself into one/two heroes I guess you can get bored but I like to experiment with them all.

It's all specific classes and you have to be good with that class. You can't just be running around gunning people like in COD because team comp is important and you just need to be able to play the way the game does. 

I was going to return at the same store where I bought Doom the other day since it's not worth the gas to drive to a different GS. At the least, I wanted to avoid getting Amanda, the chick who did my trade the other day, since she seemed like a junior detective type.
Let's hope it's not the same Amanda I had :p

GameStop needs their own Tomagachi's, where you get to keep your very own GameStop employee. Their ego gets boosted when they put disc fees on trade ins, or stop you from getting a visa gift card with your trade credit. You'd find these Tomagachi's in the GameStop dumpster.

I'll start

I ordered the 10 piece nuggets at BK for $1.49 and when I got it, it has 9 nuggets and a really really small chunk of chicken. Is that suppose to be the 10th nugget? Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back