GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to trade angry bird games I had that I got for free when toys r us made a pricing mistake and because their trade in price had gone up prolly due to the movie. After trading in the game a lady comes and starts looking for xbox one controllers. I told her to save money and go to best buy next door since they price match amazon and they have it for 46 or so. The worker there got so mad at me oh well. He gave a whole story to the lady that gamestop doesnt price match, because people can photoshop fake ads etc to justify their higher price. Oh well just wanted to help an old lady who wanted to buy a controller for her sons bday.

Went to trade angry bird games I had that I got for free when toys r us made a pricing mistake and because their trade in price had gone up prolly due to the movie. After trading in the game a lady comes and starts looking for xbox one controllers. I told her to save money and go to best buy next door since they price match amazon and they have it for 46 or so. The worker there got so mad at me oh well. He gave a whole story to the lady that gamestop doesnt price match, because people can photoshop fake ads etc to justify their higher price. Oh well just wanted to help an old lady who wanted to buy a controller for her sons bday.
I'm surprised the old lady didn't chime in with a "fuck off! It's my money, I'll spend it how I want!"

At least that's my experience when I tried to help someone save money.

What does Gamestop have to do with price matching a controller at Best Buy to Amazon's price? I'm so confused.

Well I had a surprise today. The $90 for $100 gamestop gift card deal from Cardency came today. The envelope it came it said $60. But I checked it on Gamestop and it's worth... $140! Holy crap! Someone screwed up BIG time. Not that I'm complaining... Gotta flip back to Ebay credit, FAST.

Regardless if it's something DMs want to do, it's still something worth bringing up with a bad survey since it's deceptive. BBB complaint-worthy as well.
I'm not saying it's right or support doing that but a bad survey will just fall on deaf ears. If anything you'll earn him a pat on the back. BBB compliant is more worth your time.

Well I had a surprise today. The $90 for $100 gamestop gift card deal from Cardency came today. The envelope it came it said $60. But I checked it on Gamestop and it's worth... $140! Holy crap! Someone screwed up BIG time. Not that I'm complaining... Gotta flip back to Ebay credit, FAST.
That's awesome! Lol i just contacted them because I haven't received my 2 gift cards yet

There was a limit of five giftcards but I only had enough ebay credit for one.  It will be really interesting to hear what other people that got in on the deal ended up receiving.

I got an email from them earlier saying that they might have fucked up on the labeling of the paper but the balance should be as promised. I hope we all lucked out, but even if it's just you that's still quite the windfall.

Let's hope we're all as lucky as you are. :pray:

fuckers sent out those gift cards without any DC or tracking of any kind. Real smart there, Cardency.

I haven't checked my two gift cards yet but I suspect they loaded the cards in error starting with the $100 balance. Since they were printed with $60, the $40 difference "doubled up."

Don't recall anyone posting this yet, but Powerup Rewards has a coupon for extra 25% trade in on any game, for 5000 points. It's sold out at the moment, but I don't know how an online coupon can be sold out. It also doesn't seem to have an expiration date, so it could be a nice stack with those end of month trade bumps where no promos are active. I guess it would be worth it on any game above $20. Again, it's somehow sold out but keep an eye on it, it's probably just a limit or temporary block.

Don't recall anyone posting this yet, but Powerup Rewards has a coupon for extra 25% trade in on any game, for 5000 points. It's sold out at the moment, but I don't know how an online coupon can be sold out. It also doesn't seem to have an expiration date, so it could be a nice stack with those end of month trade bumps where no promos are active. I guess it would be worth it on any game above $20. Again, it's somehow sold out but keep an eye on it, it's probably just a limit or temporary block.
It's a rip off lol
Let's say that a game has a $25 base. That's a $6.25 bonus which cost you 5000 points. It only works on 1 pre-owned game

Man, no dice in Los Angeles or Glendale for using trade in credit on gift cards—not for Amazon, eBay, or Shell, but Netflix did work. System wouldn't even allow it. Not cashier's discretion. I'll try a couple more in the area, but this is a huge shame.

Man, no dice in Los Angeles or Glendale for using trade in credit on gift cards—not for Amazon, eBay, or Shell, but Netflix did work. System wouldn't even allow it. Not cashier's discretion. I'll try a couple more in the area, but this is a huge shame.
So Netflix worked with no override?
I just got the message that my monthly rate is going up, i need to add more credit to my account. I might as well get Netflix if nothing else works by the time I get my GS gift cards

Got a copy of Syndicate that I'm looking to offload to GS with the Song of the Deep promo, but only getting $12 for it seems a bit low. Any chance this value will pop up by the end of the year since there isn't an AC release this year?

Got a copy of Syndicate that I'm looking to offload to GS with the Song of the Deep promo, but only getting $12 for it seems a bit low. Any chance this value will pop up by the end of the year since there isn't an AC release this year?
Considering it's starting to hit $20 a lot lately, as well as $14.99 at Amazon today, I'd take the $12 and be happy.

I went to the Carson store across the street from the Southbay Pavilion this afternoon and I was able to buy an ebay gift card without any issue using trade in credit. On a bad note though, the employee added disc protection on my purchase on Song of the Deep without asking me. Luckily I saw it on the pad so I nicely told him that I didn't need it and he took it off right away.

South Bay and borderline LA/OC areas are still working fine. Dunno if it's worth fighting all that traffic around you though to get to those areas...

Holy shit, I thought it was only $60. I take back everything I said.
I mean it was great that they reprinted it, but the gouging was pretty scummy. They opened the games up to pretend like the games were trade ins that they paid a lot of money for instead of ordered straight from the manufacturer which would usually mean following some sort of MSRP. I don't think they ever wold have dropped the price of news didn't get out that they funded the reprint. But in the end I'll take their gouging if it makes it easier to get rare games like xenoblade chronicles, fire emblem radiant dawn, metroid prime trilogy, kirbys return to dreamland.

I'm not saying it's right or support doing that but a bad survey will just fall on deaf ears. If anything you'll earn him a pat on the back. BBB compliant is more worth your time.
IF it's even true that their DM wants them to do it, then a bad survey (along with others) would be a great way for the DM to know they can't get away with it and are potentially losing customers.

IF it's even true that their DM wants them to do it, then a bad survey (along with others) would be a great way for the DM to know they can't get away with it and are potentially losing customers.
That and I'm pretty sure surveys dont just stop at thr DM level anyways. If there are enough continual complaints over the same problem, and the DM does nothing to fix it, I'd expect corporate to be in contact with the DM and find out wtf the problem is.

Well against my better judgement I got Tokyo Mirage SE on account of my making $50 profit on the cardency gamestop deal instead of the $10 I expected to make. $6 for tax and not being able to use my power up $10 off coupon online stings, but getting free shipping with coupon code and accumulating Power UP points makes it bearable.  If Gamestop cheaps out on the packing though I'm going to be seriously pissed.  The only thing that frustrates me more about special editions always coming in flimsy cardboard boxes is that they don't survive cheap envelope packing material.

Transformers Devastation is on sale for 17.50$ used ,there wasn't many availible in my area.
I probably buy that one and GoW Remastered. Just found out there's a code to get extra 16% off in preowned games and a code to get free shipping in you spend $24.99 both online only, so you almost getting 30% off with your 10% PUR

Wonderful little codes when shopping GS dot com for used games.

CAG16

SAVER 

Sometimes they stack...sometimes they don't.  

Wow, mine should be in the mail today so I'll check as soon as I can! I remember getting like 5 messages from them saying that EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS 60 IT ISNT PLZ DONT BE UPSET WITH US lol

Gamestop is scum. Now that I spent all my credit there I'm done giving them any money. I hope they go out of business.
But if they do go out of business, and this thread is closed, how/where will you bitch about it?

EDIT - To be fair, I shouldn't be singling you out. There are a LOT of people that love to hate on this for-profit business. :)

Um, ever heard of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii?
You mean the game that sat sealed in GameStop cabinets gathering dust until Nintendo stopped selling it on their website & then the resellers swooped in & bought all of the copies? Or even how GS ordered another print run of the game 2 years later around Christmas time?

I have no sympathy for people griping about Xenoblade unless they didn't own a Wii at the time like me. Glad to finally get the digital copy on Wii U for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back