GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently changing all the spreadsheets that has a product hyperlinked URL as the last column in the sheet. The hyperlinked URL will now be combined into the products name to make the spreadsheets smaller and to make looking up items easier to do on mobile.

Gamestop and Redbox are done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

EDIT: I am currently working on the BB and BB to GS queries as BB site has been giving me unreliable results since the BF ad / sales were started.

EDIT2: Gamefly is done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1223048439

I noticed today that GS doesn't have any TiVs for Game Boy handhelds past the original.  I'd really like to trade my Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Advance. Are they accepting them? And while I'm here, does anyone know the TiV of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and Golden Sun: The Lost Age?  The prices are listed as N/A but I'm hoping that they'll still take them.

I noticed today that GS doesn't have any TiVs for Game Boy handhelds past the original. I'd really like to trade my Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Advance. Are they accepting them? And while I'm here, does anyone know the TiV of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and Golden Sun: The Lost Age? The prices are listed as N/A but I'm hoping that they'll still take them.
You need to check the app for anything NA on the website, for some reason they haven't really updated the website as much for certain retro games.

Game Boy Pocket = $13.00 Credit and $10.40 Cash

Game Boy Advance = $22.50 Credit and $18.00 Cash

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap = $7.00 Credit Base and $5.60 Cash Base

Golden Sun: The Lost Age = $5.00 Credit Base and $4.00 Cash Base

They have extended the Pokemon Moon Sun Promo to the 20th with coupon code sent to emails. The $5 bonus does not stack with trade in boosts and the CoD coupons do not stack.

How do you know that? It's by e-mail and not PUR account? I want to trade in TMNT from Gamefly, but I don't expect to receive it until the 17th - when the Pokemon trade promo ends.

How do you know that? It's by e-mail and not PUR account? I want to trade in TMNT from Gamefly, but I don't expect to receive it until the 17th - when the Pokemon trade promo ends.
How did you guys get the $5 bonus coupon?
Time travel I got the email and it didn't show up in my account and to BEKFAST as shrike said a wink and a hush. Ask the employee for it

Two questions I should probably know the answer to:

1) What's the best way to move my Pokemon pre-order $5 to not penalize my local GS? They did me a huge solid recently and I want to reward them as best I can, but I don't want to pay $8 more the game costs at BB.

2) Is it possible to add $ to a pre-order at a different store than the one you pre-ordered at? I want to take advantage of the Pokemon trade bonus one more time before Friday by throwiung another $1 in but I only have easy access to other GameStops this week. If not, I'll hold off and hope for that rumored 50% trade bump.

Thanks!
I'm planning to buy Pokemon Moon and pay it off in cash, wait until the next day, and then return it like I did with Doom. They actually refunded the entire amount to me in cash when I returned Doom. That might not happen again, but at least I won't be stuck with another preorder.

Since the list is down, anyone know of any decent GS -> BB movers? All I can find is preowned Titanfall 2, which results in like 11% loss of credit. Any more efficient ones?

Two quick questions. Thanks

If I want to get the Pokemon bump by adding $ to an existing preorder how should I start the transaction? Adding the $ or selling my games?

Do I have to go to the store where I did the preorder or can I go to any gamestop?

If I want to get the Pokemon bump by adding $ to an existing preorder how should I start the transaction? Adding the $ or selling my games?

Do I have to go to the store where I did the preorder or can I go to any gamestop?
I believe you can only add money onto a preorder at the location where the preorder was originally started. You could start a new preorder at a new location if you'd like to.

I always tell them before they finish the transaction that I would like to put $5 on my existing preorder. Just keep an eye on the process and make sure that it's all done in a single transaction.

Pre-orders are tied to the store they're made at. You have to go back to that store with the pre-order.

who the hell got the coupon? how did you get it?
Was given out on pro day but is apparently a generic code that anyone can use over and over. Games have to have a base value of atleast $5, someone mentioned. I just showed them the code and the cashier typed it in, as I didn't have the physical coupon.

EBC3053891

I traded in a game yesterday and the cashier applied the coupon and gave me another one. I wasn't given one on pro day and didn't even know about it so that was very nice of him to just apply it. Going to have to find another game to trade in.

I noticed today that GS doesn't have any TiVs for Game Boy handhelds past the original. I'd really like to trade my Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Advance. Are they accepting them? And while I'm here, does anyone know the TiV of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and Golden Sun: The Lost Age? The prices are listed as N/A but I'm hoping that they'll still take them.
well Minish Cap is the best handheld Zelda so you should never trade it in. They are helping you

I traded a bunch of shit in today and asked about putting $5 down on Pokemon to get the bump. She said I had to put the full value towards it. I knew that was probably bullshit, but whatever. I was getting about $200 in credit. She asked which version I wanted, and I said "It doesn't matter since I'm just gonna return it anyway."

I traded a bunch of shit in today and asked about putting $5 down on Pokemon to get the bump. She said I had to put the full value towards it. I knew that was probably bullshit, but whatever. I was getting about $200 in credit. She asked which version I wanted, and I said "It doesn't matter since I'm just gonna return it anyway."
Lol nice. Yea I've been told that before as well. It is bullshit. Put $5 down the rest on a card and call it a day.

Being a dick is a good way to get a jr detective to ban your ass.

The employees at my store (including the manager and assistant manager) literally encourage me to put little by little down on my preorder so I can maximize the credit I get. Then again I'm friendly with them and don't ever cancel preorders on them. Must suck to have to frequent a GS where the employees care so much about their job, despite the company giving zero shits about them in return.

Even if an employee says you need to put the full amount down why argue? Easier to just say ok and cancel the pre-order later unless you need the money right then and there to buy something.

Was given out on pro day but is apparently a generic code that anyone can use over and over. Games have to have a base value of atleast $5, someone mentioned. I just showed them the code and the cashier typed it in, as I didn't have the physical coupon.

EBC3053891
I've never tried this, do employees ever give anyone a hard time when trying this?

I've never tried this, do employees ever give anyone a hard time when trying this?
I have personally showed just codes or print screen shots of coupons many times and have never had a problem getting the employee to type it in. I just tell them what it's for, ask them to type it in, act pleasant, ???, profit.

Even if an employee says you need to put the full amount down why argue? Easier to just say ok and cancel the pre-order later unless you need the money right then and there to buy something.
I didn't argue. I said okay. I was perfectly nice about the whole transaction, as was she. I don't even know what the hell the new versions are called, so when she asked which one I wanted, I said whichever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back