GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, it's basically saying that I can get $40 trade in credit for games I already have OR I can try to get BB to in-store honor online prices and get COD for $25. I don't WANT COD for $25, but still....
yea at least it's telling us values should hold.

Really haven't touched bf4 and paid $40 so figure I'll get rid of that. Also got a busted master chief xbone controller that I've been meaning to take in for the longest and since controllers are $40 at BB/mstore might as well trade in my white bluetooth one too.

Gotta see what overwatch and duty legacy bring tomorrow. Might be tempted to trade in and rebuy elsewhere.

Get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $1 WHEN YOU TRADE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES:

• BATTLEFIELD 1 (PS4, XB1)
  • BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (PS4, XB1)
  • DISHONORED 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (PS4)
  • ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM SE (PS4, XB1)
  • FARMING SIMULATOR 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FIFA 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • FORZA HORIZON 3 (XB1)
  • GEARS OF WAR 4 (XB1)
  • MADDEN NFL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • MAFIA III (PS4, XB1)
  • NBA 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
  • NHL 17 (PS4, XB1)
  • RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (VRC) (PS4)
  • TITANFALL 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WATCH DOGS 2 (PS4, XB1)
  • WITCHER WILD HUNT COMPLETE EDITION (PS4, XB1)
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY (PS4)
  • WWE 2K17 (PS4, XB1)
Offer valid 11/22/16 - 11/23/16. $1 offer valid toward the purchase of a new copy of the standard edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Legacy edition has a net price of $21 and Legacy Pro edition has a net price of $61 after trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
So pretty much these games have a confirmed $40 trade in (yeah I don't think it's any coincidence that the base trade in is $25 for those games AND tomorrow/Wednesday happen to have a 50% trade in boost). Also it should be VERY interesting if DBZ Xenoverse 2 is on sale for $29.99 tomorrow and you can trade it in for $40 :twisted:

This is good news. Now if Overwatch can sit strong at $25 base value, then all is good.

what do you guys buy with gs gc :/? does credit still work on gas?

so the cod deal is trade in those game and get cod for $1?

Guys remember about the $5 extra on one game trade coupon! Either have the card or tell them to use the code EBC3053891

Guys remember about the $5 extra on one game trade coupon! Either have the card or tell them to use the code EBC3053891
They won't bat an eye at just showing a pic of the coupon?

Also if this whole bonus applying to console thing comes to fruition, do they require that you include the ac adapter for a 3DSXL? Mine is the limited edition Link Between Worlds gold one (ugly as sin imo).

does anyone have a pic of he coupon I could pull up on my phone?
hciEcT0.png

hey won't bat an eye at just showing a pic of the coupon?

Also if this whole bonus applying to console thing comes to fruition, do they require that you include the ac adapter for a 3DSXL? Mine is the limited edition Link Between Worlds gold one (ugly as sin imo).
1) I always do pics of coupons. I don't like people holding my phone, but I also hate printing and using up ink.

2) Yes you need to give up the AC Adapter. It's unfortunate, but as the details of the trade go the charger must go along with anything relevant. That means Stylus as well and for consoles HDMI + Controller

Here is that coupon

[attachment=24483:1479096017049171891693.jpg]

What exactly are people boomeranging?
EDIT (misread the ad): You can purchase Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4/XB1) for 30 bucks new. You can trade it back into GS for $40 credit, minus tax of course. More if you use the generic coupon!

Trade value for new 3DS xl is 100? Pfffft can't keep mine at that price
Some have said that, because of the ambiguity of the promo wording, it might be possible to get the bonus on consoles, making it $150 credit for it, which isn't horrible:

50% Extra Trade-In Credit
Towards Gifts

Sell us your unwanted games, systems,
phones, smart watches, and more!

I'm hoping so, time to go to bed and see what the east coast CAGS find out for us. I enjoy my new 3dsxl but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at my chances finding a $100 new 3Ds on black Friday if I can get $150

DBZ is a good credit mover (varies with Tax) to BB or Amazon:

XB1 version trades into $36 on AMZ, and either version brings $33 (w/GCU) to BB.

They TiVs didn't all hold, by the way. Just to note some:

--320GB PS3 Slim went form $55 to $45.

--1 TB XB1 went from $150 to $130

--500GB PS4 went from $150 to $125

--Not sure what it was before, but 500GB XB1 is now $75

However, the old 3DS XL is still $75. Debating if $112.50 is enough for this one, or if I still want to deal with eBay fees and shipping on selling it for $150 or so.

Taking in my PS3 for $67.50 regardless. Just becomes a question of what I'll use the credit on. Could trade in my XB1 as well and get almost enough for the 1TB XB1S or hold the credit for the 500-GB sale on BF. Many decisions to make when I get up and go tomorrow, but the PS3 is the one thing I'll definitely send out.

They TiVs didn't all hold, by the way. Just to note some:

--320GB PS3 Slim went form $55 to $45.
--1 TB XB1 went from $150 to $130
--500GB PS4 went from $150 to $125
--Not sure what it was before, but 500GB XB1 is now $75

However, the old 3DS XL is still $75. Debating if $112.50 is enough for this one, or if I still want to deal with eBay fees and shipping on selling it for $150 or so.

Taking in my PS3 for $67.50 regardless. Just becomes a question of what I'll use the credit on. Could trade in my XB1 as well and get almost enough for the 1TB XB1S or hold the credit for the 500-GB sale on BF. Many decisions to make when I get up and go tomorrow, but the PS3 is the one thing I'll definitely send out.
Hope the bonus works because I'll be upset I didn't trade in my old Xbox and PS4 earlier 😡

There are some games that did drop value. Red dead goty dropped to 10 base. Over watch dropped to a 20 base. Ninja turtles dropped to a 10 base still a good flip from redbox.

Looking at dumping my orginal xbox for $32 and probably my slim ps3. Might be time to clear out some of my 360 and ps3 games i dont need anymore.

There are some games that did drop value. Red dead goty dropped to 10 base. Over watch dropped to a 20 base. Ninja turtles dropped to a 10 base still a good flip from redbox.
Looking at dumping my orginal xbox for $32 and probably my slim ps3. Might be time to clear out some of my 360 and ps3 games i dont need anymore.
Overwatch is still showing as 27.50 in the app, will they honor that trade value in store?

[attachment=24485:Screenshot_20161122-064550.jpg]

Turtles in Manhattan, which is on sale for $8.99 at Redbox, had a value of $14 last night and dropped to $10.

The other game I was going to trade in, Mario Maker, dropped to $22 from $25.

Now I'm a bit pissed

Guess I'll pass on going from a 1TB Xbox to the S, dipping too much into the switch fund now. I'm definitely in for trading some retro consoles and boomerangs though.

DBZ is a good credit mover (varies with Tax) to BB or Amazon:

XB1 version trades into $36 on AMZ, and either version brings $33 (w/GCU) to BB.
I searched trade values on Amazon and I'm seeing a $31.66 trade value for the Day One edition of DBZ and $36+ for the digital code. In my experience Amazon is particular about which version you trade. If you are going to flip from GS be sure to ask for the Day One Edition. Also, the digital version is still $60 at GS.

First timer here, let me see if I got all this math right. I live in NY State so tax is 8%.

I buy 5 copies DB:X2, that's $162 invested. I can trade it back into gamestop for a $55 'profit' so $217. (Essentially $200 GC for $150). I don't know if GS has gas station cards or grocery store cards.

Or I can trade it into Best Buy for a $30 profit, $192. I can then spend that gift card for gas station cards, giving me 1 free fill up because I never go unless I'm super low. 

Am I doing something wrong here because unless I plan on spending a ton at a retail store when I buy 95% of my shit 2nd hand for way better prices, none of this seems worth it. I just bought a wii-u with smash and mario kart for $200 for example off someone. 

I wanted to get an xbox one s from the black friday deals, but again I'm not saving all that much if I go to gamestop instead of dell where I can trade in the 2 games and controller. GS XB1S is $270 for me, so I still owe $53. So I spent $216 of my own money on a $250 system? 

I searched trade values on Amazon and I'm seeing a $31.66 trade value for the Day One edition of DBZ and $36+ for the digital code. In my experience Amazon is particular about which version you trade. If you are going to flip from GS be sure to ask for the Day One Edition. Also, the digital version is still $60 at GS.
See if this link works for you; it's what I locked in but looks from the questions like it's referencing the XB1 physical standard copy, but I'm a AMZ Trade-in noob: https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/checkout/select-condition?ie=UTF8&asin=B01HQGWJOU&ece=&ref_=trade_btn_dpx_pc_1

First timer here, let me see if I got all this math right. I live in NY State so tax is 8%.

I buy 5 copies DB:X2, that's $162 invested. I can trade it back into gamestop for a $55 'profit' so $217. (Essentially $200 GC for $150). I don't know if GS has gas station cards or grocery store cards.

Or I can trade it into Best Buy for a $30 profit, $192. I can then spend that gift card for gas station cards, giving me 1 free fill up because I never go unless I'm super low.

Am I doing something wrong here because unless I plan on spending a ton at a retail store when I buy 95% of my shit 2nd hand for way better prices, none of this seems worth it. I just bought a wii-u with smash and mario kart for $200 for example off someone.

I wanted to get an xbox one s from the black friday deals, but again I'm not saving all that much if I go to gamestop instead of dell where I can trade in the 2 games and controller. GS XB1S is $270 for me, so I still owe $53. So I spent $216 of my own money on a $250 system?
GS won't let you trade in five copies of the same game. On top of that, most GS employees will only accept one copy of a game per day per store.

Don't forget the Rewards points! But a lot of us here do have a lot of credit saved up from GS for past promos, so it's not too much of $ out of pocket, usually.

GS won't let you trade in five copies of the same game. On top of that, most GS employees will only accept one copy of a game per day per store.
Best Buy will also give you trouble for that many copies, almost certainly (and 100% certainly if it's tied to a GCU account).

He's in NY State though, so I'm guessing in a pretty urban area with multiple stores he could hit. I'm in IL, and we have 3 GameStops.

You'll be a first timer and last timer. Bans happen for flips of too many copies of the same game.

I know some people mentioned buying gift cards with GS credit before, but can you buy xbox credit? I'm thinking of going digital with a few games and need to confirm. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back