GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the subject of the GameStop email?
First:

"J.D., You Have $83.94 Waiting for You"
Second:

"Your GameStop Gift Card is ready to be picked up" "
Your GameStop gift card in the amount of 81.94 for your unused trade credit is ready to be claimed."

Then the actual "card" has nothing on it.

Thankfully this isn't the case at my store or I'd find another one, that's fucking weird lol
So I have 2 GameStops literally within half a mile from each other. I went into one and bought a BUNCH of games to flip to the other store. The guy in front of me turned out just to be there chatting. I figured he knew the guy beyond "Hey, you work at GameStop let's talk about games". He ends up leaving and I buy my games. I drive over to the other GameStop and he is there talking to the employees! I was worried he would notice me bringing in literally the games I bought 2 minutes ago. He ends up leaving to the Panda Express next door and offers to buy the female employee some food. It was so weird!

I received the email, but every time I put my last name and phone number I'm told I have no credit in the system. I won't call cs to bring attention to my account so oh well

Nah, I just hoped he wouldn't say anything (and didn't). Everything went smooth but I guess there really are people who go to local GameStops to hang out...
I guess I'm one of those people. The people who work at mine are really nice people and know how to joke around. I'm not usually there for too long, but still.

I didnt hang around gamestop before but I do now. Look...as a gamer its hard to turn down a convo about upcoming games. People talk about games with random people online everyday lol.

I leave after about 5 mins or a line forms.

Forgive me, I was coaching all morning.  Do PUR pro members have a B2G1 today as previously mentioned. 

Thanks.  

Footnote:  We lost.  We got out rebounded and out hustled.

The b2g1 coupon works on any preowned item in store including consoles. Brought ps4 pro, xbone gears 2tb, and xbone 2 tb white for $700+ tax. Awesome deal !!

So I have 2 GameStops literally within half a mile from each other. I went into one and bought a BUNCH of games to flip to the other store. The guy in front of me turned out just to be there chatting. I figured he knew the guy beyond "Hey, you work at GameStop let's talk about games". He ends up leaving and I buy my games. I drive over to the other GameStop and he is there talking to the employees! I was worried he would notice me bringing in literally the games I bought 2 minutes ago. He ends up leaving to the Panda Express next door and offers to buy the female employee some food. It was so weird!
Same thing happened to me Thursday. I think the girl was upper management or something because they were talking about how she had written them up. She also showed up at the BB I went to right after. Luckily, I was not boomeranging.

Correct, this is what I did, remember, you won't get the 10% PUR off the most expensive game until after $15 is applied. You could use 15+5 in this case and it would knock a couple extra dollars off
ohhh forgot about PUR kicking in after certs...sooo then hmmm if I use $5+$15 off the 1st game at $54.99 then it'll be $34.99-10% PUR=$31.50 o_O wouldn't that make the most expensive one be free? isn't that what we don't want to happen? lol
Should I choose a dif game then...hmmm.. otherwise with just the $15 off then it'll be $39.99-$10%=$36...soo $1.81 difference...

Decided to buy the following to boomerang during the upcoming 50% boost.

About $90 in profit assuming values hold but I fear the Wii U games may drop along with some of the Mario 3DS titles.
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Glacier White
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Wave Blue
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Magma Red
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Mario Party Star Rush
Pokemon X
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Moon
Pokemon Sun
Super Mario Maker

Yes but since you lost you have used your B2G1 coupon in your PUR account.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
We didn't lose as much as we beat ourselves. They were bigger but we had the far more skilled team. That said, I drew up plays in time outs and the kids would line up incorrectly. We didn't line up for our designed in bounds plays (the kids spontaneously decided to wing it) and my own kid (who granted is very good and a scorer) shot about 3 for 15. About 12 of those were uncontested shots because he beat kids off the dribble - just awful. We play every team in the division twice - this was our first game and oddly we play the same team again next week. I would be very surprised if we don't win.

Decided to buy the following to boomerang during the upcoming 50% boost.

About $90 in profit assuming values hold but I fear the Wii U games may drop along with some of the Mario 3DS titles.
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Glacier White
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Wave Blue
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Magma Red
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Mario Party Star Rush
Pokemon X
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Moon
Pokemon Sun
Super Mario Maker
You have redefined HAM

so I get the second email saying claim your $80 gift card, go to the site, and it gives me a gift card with nothing on it.................................................... Well that was a grand waste of time.
I just tried to redeem mine and says error..... Oh well.

yeah I've been waiting
Just got mine right now at 1:00 pacific.

Welp I actually got my $406 approximately 8 hours after I requested the gift card. Either I'm an idiot for loosing a trade credit card with about $80 on it or GameStop is for giving me free money.
Free money on my end. Speaking of free money. Seems like the 30 is now 28 dollars and change. Hmmm..Time to claim either way

Great deal. Too bad there's no pros where I live.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was 40 miles away but the only GS that had the ps4 pro and gears xbone preowned. A little bit more of a drive than usual but worth it to save $350 !

Has the boost been confirmed?
Check past posts from PUR day. I forgot the exact day they said it would occur.

Just got mine right now at 1:00 pacific.

Free money on my end. Speaking of free money. Seems like the 30 is now 28 dollars and change. Hmmm..Time to claim either way
Is it possible a Gamestop clerk may have reused gift cards that were empty they you left behind and you may at no fault of your own be taking another customer's gift card money or did Gamestop just screw up?

Check past posts from PUR day. I forgot the exact day they said it would occur.

Is it possible a Gamestop clerk may have reused gift cards that were empty they you left behind and you may at no fault of your own be taking another customer's gift card money or did Gamestop just screw up?
Hmmmm. Not sure entirely. I always keep my giftcards and don't throw them away. Realistically speaking I'm supposed to have around 13 across my 3 different cards. The original email said I had 30 and some change. I ended up with a few dollars less when the actual redeem email came in.

Somewhat shocked, but I'll take it.

For someone like myself that didn't get an email. Just put your information in. There was $100 waiting on me. Now to check on any other accounts

My second email still hasn't come. Really kills a b2g1 opportunity I have right now (don't want to spend real money). But to be honest I wouldn't have felt disappointed if I didn't get the first email about credit I didn't know I had. I guess if it comes it comes.

On a lighter note, I have almost each copy of Pokemon minus black/heart gold/soulsilver. Can't wait to be offload those during a %50 bump. Also got doubles of X/y/alpha/omega. Looks like my switch will be paid for

So I got a virtual trade card with the same amount I current have on trade in credit card so I'm wondering if I'm able to use it twice the digital way and the card or if the virtual 1 negates my trade in card that I currently possess.

So I got a virtual trade card with the same amount I current have on trade in credit card so I'm wondering if I'm able to use it twice the digital way and the card or if the virtual 1 negates my trade in card that I currently possess.
The physical card you currently have is probably zerod out (mine was). You can check it with Gyft or just using the gamestop website. The only real deal here is some people, myself included, seem to have forgotten/misplaced some trade credit. Ended up with $40ish I was unaware of.

Forgive me, I was coaching all morning. Do PUR pro members have a B2G1 today as previously mentioned.

Thanks.

Footnote: We lost. We got out rebounded and out hustled.
Yes. I went to two stores today, and I didn't need the coupon because they offered to use the store tablet to scan the coupon. Since I'm extremely cheap, I decided my magic price point would be $9.99 each and nothing higher, so I bought the first Toukiden for Vita, Splatterhouse for 360, and Battle Worlds: Kronos for PS4, all complete. There were more expensive games that I wanted since I'm collecting late releases for PS3, but I couldn't find three $19.99 games that were worth it. Black Friday sales and Target clearance titles have also spoiled me.

I guess I'm one of those people. The people who work at mine are really nice people and know how to joke around. I'm not usually there for too long, but still.
Funny story...so I go into GS Wednesday night with my kids (1 & 4 yrs old) and I walk straight up to the counter and I tell the guy, "Yes, I'm here for the Gamestop family deal."

And he goes, "Family deal? What family deal? I haven't heard about the family deal." And he is sooooo serious, I mean, he was about to have a panic attack.

Now I was just joking, and to me it was pretty clear by the goofy way I said it and that I was pushing a stroller. I mean, c'mon man.

So I tell him that I was just joking because I had my kids with me and he breathed like a big sigh of relief, didn't laugh or smile, just kinda said ok.

I won't get into the rest of the transaction, which was pretty annoying after that. He didn't know anything about the products and tried to tell me my Cyber Monday certs were only good for Cyber Monday. Sigh.

Glad your locals have a sense of humor cause mine don't. People are wound so tight in So Cal it ain't even funny. I'm originally from the Bay Area and no one in So Cal embodies the "laid back surfer dude" cliche except laid back surfers.

Glad your locals have a sense of humor cause mine don't. People are wound so tight in So Cal it ain't even funny. I'm originally from the Bay Area and no one in So Cal embodies the "laid back surfer dude" cliche except laid back surfers.
Completely feel on that one. Doesn't help that it seems like every time I go there's someone new working the counter

Man made it to GameStop and people are just miserable. Not the employees but people. They suck! Well my guy helping me was cool, returned my fallout from October with no issues.

I go to the second GameStop that was supposedly holding Pokemon sun and Moon for me as preowned. The guy helping me wasn't having it since they couldn't find my order, he would only take 2 dollars off copies. Kinda vexed, I just said it's cool, I already used my b2g1 today, the real loss here is that I can't use my cyber Monday coupons so I pass.

On my way home I stop at a 80s store, they sell modded consoles and old consoles. The prices on everything is like $75, $150 for the modded consoles, which is kinda high in my opinion.

On the shelf was a brand spanking new Wii u gamepad... My son is 4, he takes care of his real well but I always wanted a backup. I ask the guy how much he was selling the Wii u, he tells me that it's just the gamepad unfortunately and it's $20. I feel like I discovered a diamond in the rough at this point.

Man made it to GameStop and people are just miserable. Not the employees but people. They suck! Well my guy helping me was cool, returned my fallout from October with no issues.

I go to the second GameStop that was supposedly holding Pokemon sun and Moon for me as preowned. The guy helping me wasn't having it since they couldn't find my order, he would only take 2 dollars off copies. Kinda vexed, I just said it's cool, I already used my b2g1 today, the real loss here is that I can't use my cyber Monday coupons so I pass.

On my way home I stop at a 80s store, they sell modded consoles and old consoles. The prices on everything is like $75, $150 for the modded consoles, which is kinda high in my opinion.

On the shelf was a brand spanking new Wii u gamepad... My son is 4, he takes care of his real well but I always wanted a backup. I ask the guy how much he was selling the Wii u, he tells me that it's just the gamepad unfortunately and it's $20. I feel like I discovered a diamond in the rough at this point.
Damn. That's awesome. Mine has an indentation in it from the stylus and I would love to get a replacement if one ever became available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back