GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably YMMV, but my Gamestop store has a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on clearance items. I saw a sealed copy of Zelda Triforce 3DS ($25) and Bravely Second 3DS ($33) on the shelf with a clearance sticker on it. Basically if you buy Bravely Second, you get Zelda Triforce for free.
Paid too much for Triforce Heroes. O:)

Looks like they added some stuff and changed skus today. probably why gs.com was glitchy scraping data most of the day.

Things added to consoles trades that I noticed:

Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $30
Xbox One 1TB System with Elite Controller - $110 (Rip Off)
Xbox One 500GB System with Elite Controller - $75 (Rip Off)
Kinect Xbox 360 (with AC adapter) - $5
Kinect Xbox 360 (no AC adapter) - $5

since on my local gamestop they told me about the 50% extra trade in , i just found out a way that some of you guys can flip, currently the game Exist Archive for ps4 trades in for 18.70 if you are a pro member you will get 30$ for it and if you get it off amazon its only 20 $ its a small profit 

since on my local gamestop they told me about the 50% extra trade in , i just found out a way that some of you guys can flip, currently the game Exist Archive for ps4 trades in for 18.70 if you are a pro member you will get 30$ for it and if you get it off amazon its only 20 $ its a small profit
27.2 not 30

when does the 50% trade-in bonus ends in California? anyone know? thanks in advance
Everyone that has been talking about it in this thread seems to think it is reasonable that the promo will last as long as the "cash same as credit" promo for the rest of the country.

when does the 50% trade-in bonus ends in California? anyone know? thanks in advance
Today I called a store and they told me it was supposed to end yesterday but got extended to January 8th. Now when I was in a different store on Tuesday they told me that both the 50% and B2G1 would end together on Wednesday. So I would go with the latest info...but things seem to change spontaneously at GS, not to mention TIVs could change.

I am thinking about trading my Wii U in, what all is required?
Wii u systems are for all intents and purposes sold out everywhere in the country.

I think demand and prices for these systems will skyrocket in the next few years especially ones in good condition.

I would say throw it in a closet and keep it instead of taking the $150.

anyone know how long you have to  return stuff   you got online.. can you return them instore

picked up 

the legend of legacy

senran kaguar 2    3ds

senran kagura  vita 

for around 42 shipped       but  UPS shows   weight  at .4   so guessing these are all coming  basic cart  only not worth keeping any

7 days for pre owned returns
thanks should be able to take them back tue-- maybe monday

now if

the legend of legacy with case

senran kaguar 2 3ds with case maybe with sound track (doubt it)

senran kagura vita would come complete

i would keep but they would all have to come at least with cases but how low the weight im guessing all cart only

i picked up senran 2 for the 3ds before xmas and have till the 14th or so to return it .. paid 22 for it..i was thinking that would made the other 2 games 10 each BUT guess not.... i got a legacy sealed hate to open it but might (even though beat it once and its awful lol)

Wii u systems are for all intents and purposes sold out everywhere in the country.

I think demand and prices for these systems will skyrocket in the next few years especially ones in good condition.

IDK, what makes you say that? With the showing off of ports for ​Smash, Kart, and Splatoon​, it doesn't feel like a lot of the Wii U library wil exist to entertain people in the future. The good stuff might end up ported to the Switch. Unless people go nuts for weak/no networked play, or REALLY want to play Bayonetta 2​, I don't get why folks would flock to the Wii U long-term when they wouldn't for the past few years, simply because Nintendo looks to want to give the Switch more game options through porting.

Taking my Wii U and games (Smash, Kart, YWW, ​SMU+SLU​) would be about $250 in cash. Hard to pass that up because I might get $350 in 5 years.

Looks like they added some stuff and changed skus today. probably why gs.com was glitchy scraping data most of the day.

Things added to consoles trades that I noticed:

Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $30
Xbox One 1TB System with Elite Controller - $110 (Rip Off)

Xbox One 500GB System with Elite Controller - $75 (Rip Off)

Kinect Xbox 360 (with AC adapter) - $5
Kinect Xbox 360 (no AC adapter) - $5
It appears your Best Buy 50% is not coming up correct. I know there should be some GS->BB flips.

This is wrong.

For online purchases you have 30 days.

And for anything purchased between 10/1 and 12/24 you have until 1/15.
You are correct , if the purchase was made on or before the 24th of December.
After the 24th the policy states 7 days for pre owned product.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/StoreReturnPolicy0623.pdf
And the in store policy

Today is the 30th? I have no orders from pre holiday orders that have not yet been delivered, maybe others do. I apologize for assuming, I know the rule

You are correct , if the purchase was made on or before the 24th of December.
After the 24th the policy states 7 days for pre owned product.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/StoreReturnPolicy0623.pdf
And the in store policy

Today is the 30th? I have no orders from pre holiday orders that have not yet been delivered, maybe others do. I apologize for assuming, I know the rule
He was asking about online orders. Despite what the website says, online orders can be returned in store within 30 days for a refund.

Today I called a store and they told me it was supposed to end yesterday but got extended to January 8th. Now when I was in a different store on Tuesday they told me that both the 50% and B2G1 would end together on Wednesday. So I would go with the latest info...but things seem to change spontaneously at GS, not to mention TIVs could change.
GS employees usually don't know what is going on in their own stores. The 50% should go to the 8th along with the cash=credit promo.

seems they are all going

thanks should be able to take them back tue-- maybe monday

now if

the legend of legacy with case

senran kaguar 2 3ds with case maybe with sound track (doubt it)

senran kagura vita would come complete

i would keep but they would all have to come at least with cases but how low the weight im guessing all cart only

i picked up senran 2 for the 3ds before xmas and have till the 14th or so to return it .. paid 22 for it..i was thinking that would made the other 2 games 10 each BUT guess not.... i got a legacy sealed hate to open it but might (even though beat it once and its awful lol)
all of them are going back

senran kaguar 2 3ds case only

senran kagura vita case only

the legend of legacy gamestop case

sorry but not worth 45 bucks

seems they are all going

all of them are going back

senran kaguar 2 3ds case only

senran kagura vita case only

the legend of legacy gamestop case

sorry but not worth 45 bucks
C'mon homie. Hunting in the store can net you big boxes/bonus items but online pretty much never will.

I ordered a new copy of Corpse Party for vita and that still came incomplete and destroyed.

TBH the fact that you got actual Vita and 3DS cases is amazing to me. Almost always get generic gamestop packaging with handheld games.

Thanks for the tip, it's in decent condition: has some marks on the console itself but everything works fine.

I saw the $150 and knew that the demand is on the upward trend but worry that after the Switch releases, the Wii U will become even more undesirable than it has been most of its life cycle. I can definitely see it jumping in price though. It's very hard to predict systems' values in the long term so I guess I'm just torn between which outcome will happen.

$150 cash now is tempting though lol

I got lazy and called. One store just flat out said "i don't know......... I'm sorry". Was an awkward long pause until i realized that was the end of her statement.

Eventually went to a store and the 50% boots is still active.

Live in San diego.

Closest store to me doesn't even know about the 50%. The system POS still is active with the promo, but still. This is the same store that has the $25 Mafia 3 promo still posted 

Question. It doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to use my $25 cyber Monday certificate. If I let someone else use it would either of our accounts be in danger of being banned?

Question. It doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to use my $25 cyber Monday certificate. If I let someone else use it would either of our accounts be in danger of being banned?
if anyone can let me know if it's safe to give it away I'll be glad to give it away in this thread. Thanks

Alright, I finally found one of the only GameStops within close range with a copy of FFXV. Asked them to hold it for me 'till tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed I'm able to snag it before these certificates are worthless.

Who knew $75 of certificates would be so hard to spend.  :wall:

just moved some GTAV's to BB with a couple dollar loss each, bought Dark Souls III, MGSV GZ and PP (separately) with my Cyber Monday certs.  Have a couple $5 ones left, will do a bit more searching tomorrow to see if there is anything else worth picking up at that price point.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back