GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Cali already give 50% boost due to the "same cash as credit" promo, I assume the 50% coupon is not of any use to cali residents unless GS allow stacking the promo and 50% coupon.
It most likely won't stack but the 50% TIV coupon is good until 1/15. The CA promo is supposed to be good until 1/8.

Hey, you guys I have a B2G1 Free coupon, I'm not sure how to read the document page either, would someone let me know if anythings profitable? Or teach me how to read the document? :wall:

Hey, you guys I have a B2G1 Free coupon, I'm not sure how to read the document page either, would someone let me know if anythings profitable? Or teach me how to read the document? :wall:
Oh what...the supplier needs to be supplied with that hot scoop? Lol

I traded :wiiu: Lego Marvel's Avengers for $16 and :3ds: Mario Maker for $32.

I'm glad that Cali is still getting that 50% since I didn't renew my Pro membership on Pro Day

I rushed through ($15 BF) Far Cry Primal last night, and got $25 today with the 50% + $5. The clerk insisted he had to take my $5 coupon card though, which is my only one left, a little sad about that.

b0826bb45abc0489ad9fa60e4f0da8da.jpg

EDIT - The dates are blurry. It says offer valid 1/2/17 to 1/22/17.

Does the strategy guide coupon for 11k PUR points behave as it should w/the current sale on guides? (Does it zero out the total on guides on sale for $20 or less). In the past it was coded to subtract $20 from the regular price.

One Free Strategy Guide (Up to $20 Value)
I believe it would take the $20 off first then the 50% but I may be wrong.

Traded in final fantasy (got it with the last of my Dell credit.... R.I.P) the cashier automatically applied the $5 coupon so I got $45 pretty much free after I got it with gift cards and a price match at $32. Plus Pokemon platinum and call of duty, walked away with $117.

Now just waiting for my 12 different Pokemon's from the b2g1 for my final trade during this %50. I think my switch is paid off if I can get one. I played my cards right this holiday season, had $200 to begin with and still managed to get presents for the kids and a new 3ds for my wife. Sitting on $500 after the cyber certs.

Thanks Blackbeard! Blackbeard you should swap your profile picture for the Blackbeard picture from rainbow six siege 😀

$30 credit for dead rising 4 still working?

the fine print on the trade in page doesn't seem right and I see some fine print on the weekly ad that states

"$30 credit offer only valid while new version of traded game is priced at 49.99 or higher" which dead rising 4 isn't right now. 

So I've had an open digital order since 12/27. I'm assuming Gamestop will never fulfill it, right?

I've emailed multiple times with no response other than the auto email...

I somewhat reluctantly used my 50% extra trade from pro day tonight. The reluctant part would be knowing it's good for 2 more weeks and the potential flips that could arise in that time. On the other hand I was sitting on 25 items to trade in that I've amassed for this exact reason.

$30 credit for dead rising 4 still working?

the fine print on the trade in page doesn't seem right and I see some fine print on the weekly ad that states

"$30 credit offer only valid while new version of traded game is priced at 49.99 or higher" which dead rising 4 isn't right now.
yeah this is still valid till i think Wednesday, I actually just grab a packed of magic the gathering and it gave the bump. You could actually probably grab a clearance item and get the bump as well. Don't really have to pre order anything. This was as of tonight.

yeah this is still valid till i think Wednesday, I actually just grab a packed of magic the gathering and it gave the bump. You could actually probably grab a clearance item and get the bump as well. Don't really have to pre order anything. This was as of tonight.
Don't you only get the $30 if you apply the trade to a preorder?

Not sure if that applies, I just made sure I wanted to put it towards something. I traded in DR4 and when the guy asked if I wanted to put it towards something, I put it towards the skyrim special edition. On the receipt, it said I got 31.xx for the trade.

thanks!

yea I prob won't be able to get there until wed so maybe some better deals will pop up. If not I'll prob grab that monkey bomb funko. Got the toasted already and been meaning to grab the regular one too.

people were saying it works towards purchases like the ad says, but fine print seems off in the ad and trade in page but meh if I do run into problems will just pre order re7 and never grab it and just cancel and use the credit later on.

Hey not sure where to post this and don't actually know exactly how this happened but..

Today went into GameStop to trade in Mighty No.9 since I bought the game from best buy for 9$ and it came with a digital download code bla bla bla.. Anyways base credit/cash on the app showed as 7.70. I went in and it came up as 11.20ish credit and 6ish cash. I was going to pull up the app and show the 7 base cash but than she said, "Oh lets see if this deal works", scanned a coupon thing didn't get to see it which added 5$ to the already 11$ trade in. Why did she give me 5 extra what did she scan? And why did it come up to 11 and the app showed different.

tldr: Bought Mighty No.9 from Best Buy for 9$, traded in to GameStop for 16.20 with PUR and a unknown coupon.

Hey not sure where to post this and don't actually know exactly how this happened but..

Today went into GameStop to trade in Mighty No.9 since I bought the game from best buy for 9$ and it came with a digital download code bla bla bla.. Anyways base credit/cash on the app showed as 7.70. I went in and it came up as 11.20ish credit and 6ish cash. I was going to pull up the app and show the 7 base cash but than she said, "Oh lets see if this deal works", scanned a coupon thing didn't get to see it which added 5$ to the already 11$ trade in. Why did she give me 5 extra what did she scan? And why did it come up to 11 and the app showed different.

tldr: Bought Mighty No.9 from Best Buy for 9$, traded in to GameStop for 16.20 with PUR and a unknown coupon.
You're in California? The $11.20 would be with the 50% bonus. No clue what that extra $5 is though.

It's not an unknown coupon. It's the $5 bonus credit that many have been using for about a month now. The $11.20 credit is news to me.

Because you live in California or Las Vegas, or another place that doesn't allow credit as the same as cash. Base value is $7 x1.6 = 11.20. The extra 5 is a coupon from pro day that is still around. Extra $5 on your trade in. Only applies to one item per transaction.

Can't believe it took me this long to figure out the Pokémon boomerangs. May the nostalgia train keep their values high for many moons to come.
Killed it last week with cali 50% and That was without loading up on GS online for more. A lesson for next time. Thanks cags and Blackbeard(!) for the info per usual. Finally generating lots of trade credit without bans by diversifying items. Retro is the next challenge.

Been flipping at farther and farther GS to keep things good at the local spot. Amazed to find out when the website says a store has something and it's not on the floor, that there really is stuff hiding in drawers. It just takes a competent staff member to put effort.

Seriously whiskey tango foxtrot is wrong with Gamestop's customer service department?

Is there a worse run customer service department for a major retailer than Gamestop's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back