GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what form of tender gets refunded first if you use multiple ones?

I bought a few games in december, but I decided I didn't need one.  I paid it off with giftcard and the rest with my credit card.  The game I returned was less than the amount I paid with credit card, so I figured it should all go back to the card.  But the guy kept giving me all kinds of excuses to not do it, and kept trying to give me store credit.

Someone mentioned the Lady Deadpool figure being $30, and I think that is a sale price since I remembered seeing it for $70 at one point. So I thought maybe the other Marvel statues would be on sale too, and I've been eyeing the Spider Gwen ones for a while. I can only find the PVC SDCC one for $45 and the $75 Bishijou one online. But I do remember seeing a really large one one unmasked in a store display for like $150. Did they remove this product online recently, or am I imagining things and it was just discounted to $45 all along. Sorry if it sounds confusing but I was hoping someone like Deader or Blackbeard would know. Thank you.

Went into a local GS that showed in stock for the Song of the deep limited edition watch but the clerk said they had none. Would of swooped it up if it indeed rang up 4.99. I'll try another store tomorrow.

Went into a local GS that showed in stock for the Song of the deep limited edition watch but the clerk said they had none. Would of swooped it up if it indeed rang up 4.99. I'll try another store tomorrow.
Found out they had tagged it wrong with the Song of the Deep LED watch. The nicer one is still $14.99, so YMMV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anyone still having trouble with the 50% coupon not adding to controllers? i know some people had issues a few days ago.
The 50% wouldn't work on accessories when I traded in some stuff earlier today. I showed them the fine print on the coupon and they manually adjusted it for me. Ymmv if the employee will do that for you, but just ask nicely and be friendly with them and they should be able to take care of you.

The 50% wouldn't work on accessories when I traded in some stuff earlier today. I showed them the fine print on the coupon and they manually adjusted it for me. Ymmv if the employee will do that for you, but just ask nicely and be friendly with them and they should be able to take care of you.
if they manually adjust it, that means your coupon is still active. just my 2 cents.

if they manually adjust it, that means your coupon is still active. just my 2 cents.
I wish this was true. They scanned my coupon first and saw that the controllers weren't bumped up, so they manually adjusted the controllers and left the 50% bump for the games from the coupon. I just checked to see if the coupon was still in my active offers, but sadly it is gone.

I just added 2 clearance things in my cart and it looks like Gamestop is ending the B1G1 much earlier then they said they would...  instead of 1/31, it now says it will end, um, today.

Buy one Get Second Freef Sel. Collect Clearance - Select Clearance Collectibles are Buy One Get the Second Free! Free item must be equal or lesser value, subject to availability, and sone exclusions may apply. Expires 1/8/2017 

Bestbuy DoD includes Assassin's Creed Syndicate (XB1 and PS4) for $9.99 (7.99 w/ GCU). Trades in for $10 base at GameStop.

It's a good way to cash out a bit of your credit. I'm gonna use it to pay for XCOM 2 in the humble monthly bundle!

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/console-trade-offer/?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=nWAAteHRWjk-5NNAL2MWfV8hiEF4JVJjsA

2rcvc6p.jpg
wonder if they do a trade in extra for the switch (even if they do) what systems will it be.. love to see 2ds and 3ds but doubt it.

I doubt they'll feel the need to do a trade-in promo for the Switch. Knowing Nintendo the preorders for it will sell out within an hour anyway

From what i heard by a local manger they are saying stores are going to have very small amount of swit h pre orders.... sounds like another nes classic event all over again.

I don't need to hear anything to know the Switch will be extremely scarce on launch. It's Nintendo, assume all items have artificial scarcity until proven otherwise.

I was reading somewhere that there will be plenty and that it has nothing to do with them not making enough but them only able to put out so many for the fiscal period. I'm not a expert though, makes sense though. Whether I get a switch or Scorpio, all I know is that this guy right here is getting a console this year!

Off to trade my Pokemons, noticed some values dropped like Pokemon X/y/alp/ome down to 17. I'm bleeding credit!

Have any had success in trading a 2TB PS4 and got the trade-in upgrade to the COD 1TB model ($25 extra in TIV)? 

I nolonger own the 500GB so its not an option for me to downgrade. 

Have any had success in trading a 2TB PS4 and got the trade-in upgrade to the COD 1TB model ($25 extra in TIV)?

pretty sure its all tied into the serial numbers, doubt they could do anything to give you more without causing their inventory to be incorrect.

Easy. Buy a 500gb hard drive and replace it or lose out on your 2tb and settle for 1tb

there's no such thing as a 2tb ps4, they'll read the model number as 500gb ps4 and that's the value you'll get... it's a waste to leave the 2tb in it.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the dark souls 3 CE for XBO has dropped to 57.97. I picked one up from one of my local GSs.

Edit: damn it wrong thread lol. But to make up for it I will mention today is the last day for the CA 50% trade bonus.

I remember reading that someone got tiv for a 1TB when trading in with 2TB b/c cashier wasn't able to find any 2 TB model. Just wondering if this is the norm. just don't want to spend another $40 (eBay) to purchase a 500 GB and then have trade value tank while it is shipping.  

for $200 TIV, i wouldn't mind giving GS my 2TB Launch PS4, $175, i'm not too sure.

Finally finished my trades, 4 trades/boomerangs since black Friday along with picking up games with the remainder of my Dell credit (R.I.P.) I'm sitting at $505 credit from $200. Hopefully I can get a Switch, really excited for that

I remember reading that someone got tiv for a 1TB when trading in with 2TB b/c cashier wasn't able to find any 2 TB model. Just wondering if this is the norm. just don't want to spend another $40 (eBay) to purchase a 500 GB and then have trade value tank while it is shipping.

for $200 TIV, i wouldn't mind giving GS my 2TB Launch PS4, $175, i'm not too sure.
I think $175 is good. You might get an employee to do that but YMMV. Try

Sorry if I missed this but how much longer does the cash amount stay the same as credit for Assassins Creed Syndicate? Need to get rid of my copy, lost interest in the game.

Finally finished my trades, 4 trades/boomerangs since black Friday along with picking up games with the remainder of my Dell credit (R.I.P.) I'm sitting at $505 credit from $200. Hopefully I can get a Switch, really excited for that
glad you did well on those GS boomerang. I also went a little crazy myself and sitting on a load of GS and BBY credits, obviously, thanks to Blackbeard.

Oh Geez. I would get about $1200 worth of Gamestop credit if I traded a bunch of games I have. It would significantly reduce the backlog to something more practical and manageable. Just worried I would get banned if I traded in 30-40 games at once with the 50% bump coupon. Also what is the trade credit limit per month? I can't remember if it was $1000 or $2000.

Oh Geez. I would get about $1200 worth of Gamestop credit if I traded a bunch of games I have. It would significantly reduce the backlog to something more practical and manageable. Just worried I would get banned if I traded in 30-40 games at once with the 50% bump coupon. Also what is the trade credit limit per month? I can't remember if it was $1000 or $2000.
GS will flag your acct, which will probably means no trading for 90 days (atlease thats the consensus i got here from ready past experience), Last I've heard, trade limit was $900. If I was in your shoe, I'll trade it all in and take the 90day ban and go from there.

DrBayrd, on 08 Jan 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:
I reported doing $1965 in less than a month last year and wasn't banned so the limit should be at least $2k. I'm pretty sure more than $1200 of that was in one week so you should be fine on that front too. I'm up pretty high now too with the 50% bonus that was going on in Cali and still no ban. You should be fine.

Don't suppose this 50% trade in coupon would work on consoles would it? That would be a pretty great deal stacked with the extra $50 when getting a PS4 pro or an Xbox one s.

If anyone has any tips on where to get some games to flip currently, id really appreciate it. I may go get a PS4 pro today or tomorrow and I can't seem to get the wiki link to work for me.

Look what I found heading to GameStop inside a TRU. Not that it's rare but didn't expect to see it for $15 over MSRP.

dCyGLiR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back