GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
problem with outbidding gamestop is you dont know how employee will react, it I get banned from gs next closest place that sells games is 10 minutes further each way
Take a risk and contact the DM if the employee bans you he will either unban you or something much worse will happen.

I believe it's a generic one. So here it is:

attachicon.gif
A.png
So is this only good on ESO for PS4? Will this also work on ESO for XB1?

I overheard someone selling their Xbox One today for $90 cash at GS.
enough people mentioned you should have bought it, but the thing that gets me is that means the tiv is around what $110? the website shows $140 and $175 for cash/credit. wouldn't be surprised if employee was up to something.

I hope the $33 holds up on ESO. I could use the 50% coupon if it does, since I won't be able to make it to a Best Buy/Gamestop tomorrow. I doubt it will though.

enough people mentioned you should have bought it, but the thing that gets me is that means the tiv is around what $110? the website shows $140 and $175 for cash/credit. wouldn't be surprised if employee was up to something.
They hit him with a refurb fee for the system I believe.

I hope the $33 holds up on ESO. I could use the 50% coupon if it does, since I won't be able to make it to a Best Buy/Gamestop tomorrow. I doubt it will though.
I hope so too and it would be a good credit mover for those who want to move their bb credit to gs and wait for another b2g1 at gs or trade in bonus at bb

I'm pretty sure that if I actually locked in the trade value for eso and showed it to my local gamestop, the manager would make up some excuse not to honor it since I burnt him on that survey

I was under the impression that the ESO coupon is a promo of its own and would stick even if a drop in base TIV. Like the guaranteed $40 promos. Not so?

[quote name="Bombarded" post="12797156" timestamp="1436679484"]I'm pretty sure that if I actually locked in the trade value for eso and showed it to my local gamestop, the manager would make up some excuse not to honor it since I burnt him on that survey[/quote]

Don't shit where you flip?

[quote name="Bombarded" post="12797156" timestamp="1436679484"]I'm pretty sure that if I actually locked in the trade value for eso and showed it to my local gamestop, the manager would make up some excuse not to honor it since I burnt him on that survey[/quote]

Don't shit where you flip?

Wonder if the $48 ESO coupon would apply to both copies if I traded in a Ps4 and Xbox One copy at the same time.... Multiple transactions is the other option.

I'm pretty sure that if I actually locked in the trade value for eso and showed it to my local gamestop, the manager would make up some excuse not to honor it since I burnt him on that survey
Don't be dumb enough to put your information on your survey if you're going to burn someone on it?

[quote name="Hoping" post="12797606" timestamp="1436719698"]It was in a single transaction? Would like a second confirmation aside from the above magikarp poster.[/quote]
Yes. No issue for me either.

[quote name="Kotor15" post="12797592" timestamp="1436719068"]Ps4 and Xbox One version of ESO confirmed $48 with coupon.[/quote]

Yup just used the coupon from this thread on a PS4 copy with no problem.

Trade in my copy of ESO ps4 however the employee couldn't scan the coupon so she just gave 48 in trade credit. She did scratched out the pin. Hopefully she doesn't steal it!!

Does anyone know about trades in PUR accounts on hold? How long do they last? Just tried to trade ESO today with and without the promo coupon and they said they wouldn't be able to complete the trade in.

Strange the coupon posted here scanned just fine for me. I was in and out in like 2 mins.
I just showed her the pic on my phone. Idk could be it. Worked for the better for Me at least since she gave me 48 instead of the 45 I would have got had the coupon worked.

Dont that defeat the purpose of surveys, if the manager knows the person who wrote it, can he/she also delete it ?

Maybe survey should only be for corporate to see and not for any employee that have contact with customers

Does anyone know how about trades in accounts on hold? How long do they last? Just tried to trade ESO today with and without the promo coupon and they said they wouldn't be able complete the trade in.
Don't go crazy with trades or else you end up sitting out on the next great promo. Think long term next time.

Don't go crazy with trades or else you end up sitting out on the next great promo. Think long term next time.
From my experience it's 1 month is the 1st ban, 3 months (2nd), 6months (3rd), 4th (1 year), 5th (permaban). If you live in a state/county that doesn't ID for trade ins especially credit you could make a new account, provided you have a real address, a fake phone number, and a valid email, name doesn't matter.

Yeah I came in there with a plan of doing 3 trades in 3 stores but only was successful to only trade in 1 XB1 copy due to a history of an earlier credit mover in Gran Turismo 6 from GS and trade in of Gran Turismo 6 back to another local GS a total of 4 times. Do you speak by experience of a temporary trade-in hold?

Yeah I came in there with a plan of doing 3 trades in 3 stores but only was successful to only trade in 1 XB1 copy due to a history of an earlier credit mover in Gran Turismo 6 from GS and trade in of Gran Turismo 6 back to another local GS a total of 4 times. Do you speak by experience of a temporary trade-in hold?
Just four shouldn't have done anything in the system. Sounds like either something else or a Jr detective got involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back