GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally have enough for the pro after today but I think i'm gonna hold off until E3. Maybe they'll announce a price cut or new bundles, not too long of a wait. Thanks for all the tips guys!!!

I've got a Dead Space 3 that I got from Gamestop during the 4 for $10. I might just keep it tho. 

for those of you with large amounts of credit, do you have split among multiple trade cards? or just all on one? or all on your account and not cards?

Which State are you in? In California your ID number is the same on the license and Identification card. I also wanted to hear from people who have used their License and CA ID card, did it work for you?
That is a good point about the ID numbers. I live in Illinois, but I'm not sure if the drivers license and State ID have the same number. I couldn't find it on the Illinois Secretary of State website either.

Found this on google though.

"An Illinois driver's license number consists of the first letter of your last name followed by 11 numbers. An Illinois ID card number consists of the exact same 11 numbers followed by the first letter of your last name."

Assuming Gamestop does record ID numbers (not sure since I'm not an employee), I could theoretically make a third account since there is apparently a subtle difference between cards.

I've got a Dead Space 3 that I got from there was a 4 for $10. I might just keep it tho.
giphy.gif

for those of you with large amounts of credit, do you have split among multiple trade cards? or just all on one? or all on your account and not cards?
I would definitely recommend transferring your credit to at least one trade card instead of your PUR card. I think the max is $1000 for one card. That way you can still use the trade credit in case you are banned.

I only got to hit the mall today for less than 20 minutes.

I walked into Target and went right to their game clearance section. Tons of the big flipables were still just chillin' there (around 3pm on Sunday). I bought what could flip, sat down and unwrapped all the games, walked in gamestop and flipped them for double what I paid for them. Easy money for almost no work...
Hey zlatour, you forgot to post a super funny gif for this useless post... oh wait

You have to add $5 GameStop for every $15 UBER. So you qualified for $10 in free gift card credit if you asked for a $10 GameStop gift card.

All these bonus GameStop gift cards have to be added by the buyer. GameStop will never knowingly help you figure out their bonuses because they don't even know them.
Does the POS automatically recognize that it should give $5 for every $15 in Uber?

I'm trying to figure out if I can safely buy a large Uber GC or if I have to repeatedly buy in $15 increments.

And now, for some ghetto-ass spanish slang lessons:

"Blackbeard, te dejaste caer la greña!"

(Blackbeard, you just  fuck-ing outdid yourself!) 

Don't even try to translate it as doesn't make any sense whatsoever lol

In all seriousness, shiver me timbers matey, couldn't get ahold of a nes classic but I still sent you some booty regardless, thou art a fine bucanneer!

I would definitely recommend transferring your credit to at least one trade card instead of your PUR card. I think the max is $1000 for one card. That way you can still use the trade credit in case you are banned.
ah okay, i was wondering if that's the case. i actually have it all on one trade card right now, none on my account. was thinking of getting a second card during next set of trade-ins so it's not all eggs in one basket thing.

I only got to hit the mall today for less than 20 minutes.

I walked into Target and went right to their game clearance section. Tons of the big flipables were still just chillin' there (around 3pm on Sunday). I bought what could flip, sat down and unwrapped all the games, walked in gamestop and flipped them for double what I paid for them. Easy money for almost no work...
Rti7Fuq.gif

Does the (so far) test market PUR Elite roll out nationwide tomorrow? I don't want to order another year of PUR Pro if Elite exists tomorrow. However, I am not sure WHY I care since it's $15 turned into much more anyway....
i did ask about the elite thing in ca. no one hear it. store associate ask the manager as well.

GameStop.com will be back soon.
Thank you for your patience.

Geek out in the meantime and shop

Dammit I was just gonna place my order on some retro games but the website is down...app doesn't work either. Is this your doing BB?!

I just hope the retro sale is still active when it goes back up.

I now have 2 separate trade cards. One has ~$370 the other has ~$930
I used to have 2 cards too but they tend to remember u if ur balance is high grrr... Plus they try to get u to buy stuff when they see ur balance lol. "Which consoles are you getting today...blah blah blah is $ it comes with blah blah...oh u own it already, how about preordering blah blah, u can buy 1 of everything in the store!" lolol *sigh*

I have 3 now ...$1800ish split across 3 cards... Use my $300ish balance card when i wanna be indistinguishable lol... I need to split my other cards tho..

Was about to buy stuff online but website went down for maintenance at 10pm ct...I guess they are fixing the price for Dead Space 3. Had stuff in cart ready to checkout too booooo...

ah okay, i was wondering if that's the case. i actually have it all on one trade card right now, none on my account. was thinking of getting a second card during next set of trade-ins so it's not all eggs in one basket thing.
You can't get more than 1k on one card.

So promo #19427 is the extra $5 trade card, right? If so, the GS employees actually scanned it in for me without me knowing and I actually forgot to use mine. Just checked and saw a game with an extra $5 added to it. 

I don't know if they are just super nice or if it's something they do now that's mutually beneficial, but some of you guys might want to check your receipts to see if they applied the extra $5 without you knowing.

It's kinda crazy, I almost have cod and destiny paid off just from putting $5 every time. Then when you remember the preorder it's like free credit every time

I now have 2 separate trade cards. One has ~$370 the other has ~$930
I have around $300-350 on two different cards now. I had $300 on one before and I wiped it out buying stuff and the dirtball ASL at the one store asked what happened to all the credit I had. So I didn't want to get $600+ on one lest someone remember and start poking into my account.

So promo #19427 is the extra $5 trade card, right? If so, the GS employees actually scanned it in for me without me knowing and I actually forgot to use mine. Just checked and saw a game with an extra $5 added to it.

I don't know if they are just super nice or if it's something they do now that's mutually beneficial, but some of you guys might want to check your receipts to see if they applied the extra $5 without you knowing.
Some of them are nice and do it. Like yesterday I was gonna give mine but she said she already scanned one and today I went to another store and I gave mine and she ripped it -__- Lol dang it. It was my first and only one haha.

Funny this happened to me this weekend, got Smash Bros. :3DS: for $31.XX due to a price tag mismatch and when I traded it in the guy scanned a $5 card taped to the register and I got $45 for it on the receipt.

And now, for some ghetto-ass spanish slang lessons:

"Blackbeard, te dejaste caer la greña!"

(Blackbeard, you just fuck-ing outdid yourself!)

Don't even try to translate it as doesn't make any sense whatsoever lol

In all seriousness, shiver me timbers matey, couldn't get ahold of a nes classic but I still sent you some booty regardless, thou art a fine bucanneer!
tumblr_m3n32nUjsk1qjhjdwo1_500.gif

Hey does Gamestop ship store to store? There's an item I want but it's in stock at a farther Gamestop. Was wondering if anyone knows if they'll ship the item to another Gamestop closer to my area.

I used to have 2 cards too but they tend to remember u if ur balance is high grrr... Plus they try to get u to buy stuff when they see ur balance lol. "Which consoles are you getting today...blah blah blah is $ it comes with blah blah...oh u own it already, how about preordering blah blah, u can buy 1 of everything in the store!" lolol *sigh*

I have 3 now ...$1800ish split across 3 cards... Use my $300ish balance card when i wanna be indistinguishable lol... I need to split my other cards tho..
I have around $300-350 on two different cards now. I had $300 on one before and I wiped it out buying stuff and the dirtball ASL at the one store asked what happened to all the credit I had. So I didn't want to get $600+ on one lest someone remember and start poking into my account.

lol i only had $90 the other day and the employee was all "you sure you don't want to just fully pay off the COD instead of $5?"

and today i had only $200 after the transaction completed and the guy went to read my balance to me from the receipt and got all wide-eyed and was like wow

lol i only had $90 the other day and the employee was all "you sure you don't want to just fully pay off the COD instead of $5?"

and today i had only $200 after the transaction completed and the guy went to read my balance to me from the receipt and got all wide-eyed and was like wow
Haha I remember last stealth bump the employee took a look at the receipt and was like hold up he even gave me the hold up sign with his finger lol and he told his co worker look at this I was like wow.. and the other guy was like oh I know he came in trading stuff during the switch promo getting switch stuff lol.

Funny I've had GS employees give me the "Wow! Bill, you gotta see this" treatment before I ever discovered this website, trade bonuses, or cheap games at rival stores to flip. Just randomly unloading old games and systems I felt comfortable letting go at their prices. I thought anything GS gave real money for (not $0.25 per game) was an excellent deal.

I saw some guy and his family today trading in a Wii U and bags of Wii / Wii U games towards a Switch. Dude was super pissed that they didn't have any in stock and that the manager said he had to wait a couple weeks for a $500+ bundle. Guy exploded at him that he might as well go get one from scalper because it would cheaper and faster. Grabbed my free COD and got the fuck out. 

Still dont know what makes that so exciting. Reality is, we NEED Gamestop. The flip and profit game will die with Gamestop.
That was a tongue in cheek joke more than wanting it to happen (although we are killing them). I agree with you about hating on GS and the niche dying.

I saw some guy and his family today trading in a Wii U and bags of Wii / Wii U games towards a Switch. Dude was super pissed that they didn't have any in stock and that the manager said he had to wait a couple weeks for a $500+ bundle. Guy exploded at him that he might as well go get one from scalper because it would cheaper and faster. Grabbed my free COD and got the fuck out.
yeah buy a system for $500 from a scalper or buy a system, a few games and a memory card for $500. Wonder which is the better deal.

I saw something similar although it was more just griping and some fussy behavior than full on yelling. I told the guy to just drive up the street to Best Buy because they had them in stock and you would have thought I suggested something outlandish. Can't help people...

'Twas a glorious weekend. Found my new trade store after the manager at my main one wouldn't give me the bonus if I didn't fully pay off CoD/Destiny. Came up roughly $500 after a bunch of b2g1 ps3/360 boomerangs. Shoutout to blackbeard for his awesome work, I promise to send some donations your way whenever my tax return finally comes in. :p

Pretty good weekend for trade ins
Those Wii games always go up in value, to get $33 for Mario kart Wii is insane.

I just wish GameStop carried lego store gift cards, I wanna get the snowspeeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back