GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
How else will kids learn one of life's most important lessons: don't sell your dads boat to shady people you meet on craigslist, followed only by the second most valuable life lesson: don't buy a new car because the salesman says you are not a man.

also don't let your sister do a "private video" on a boat.

Two copies (of the Wii version no less) of Ghosts for Infinite Warfare... not bad.

Wonder too if they simply count it as $30 TIV each. In that case, $6 at a pawn shop could turn into $60 trade card real easy depending on how you wanna risk doing returns.

Two copies (of the Wii version no less) of Ghosts for Infinite Warfare... not bad.

Wonder too if they simply count it as $30 TIV each. In that case, $6 at a pawn shop could turn into $60 trade card real easy depending on how you wanna risk doing returns.
it's the return risk that always gets you

Not bad? This is a terrible deal. Maybe if they gave you the base value and threw in IW for free lol
Sorry, your right, out of context it sounds bad. I picked up the legacy edition long ago but ditched IW twice when it was getting decent values. Since I already have bioshock and platinumed all 3 the past couple weeks I wouldn't mind ditching it for the current value plus another game if I can find one. Hoping it stacks with a %50 promo.

I've taken a nice breather from rainbow six and the past couple years I've only gotten games to trade, totally forgetting why I trade to begin with, to play games. I've been racing through everything I've missed

The $20 extra on all electronics coupon code is 3052648

It worked on my dead phone phone worth .02 but only by manager override.

A hotline in another district admitted that theyre having a problem with this promotion but said the promo only works on "working" phones despite the fine print not mention about this.

Anywho, great way to dump shit phones.

awesome. I've got a some phones to dump. Thanks!
o my... so i guess any phone will work? even the crappy $10 phones from Wally World?? I need to burn some Wally World credit lol.

And does it stack with their Cash same as Credit for electronics promo??

Free copy of call of duty infinite warfare with the trade in of select 2 games. Not bad, I just need to find one more game
that list is at http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/tradecenter/Trade_CODIW_May17.pdf ... those people who live near Walmarts that have those games down to $5 are gonna be having a blast lol... *jealous of the ones that got Attack on Titan & God Eater & Dying Light for $5 at Wally World* though I'd keep those to play tho

I'll consider the COD deal if stacks with extra 50% towards the gamestop playlist. The TIV of COD Infinite Warfare is terrible.

Went to a gamestop yesterday to buy an Amazon GC. When I paid I tried to be slick and slide my trade credit card. He noticed and brought it up to another worker that was around the store about it, but I just hit confirm and since it went through he was just like 'ah whatever, if they wanted it to not be used they can put it in the computer'

Hopefully going to trade in my OG AWD PS4 next week for $200 and replace it with a "new" AWD PS4 slim for $206 that's coming in.

Free copy of call of duty infinite warfare with the trade in of select 2 games. Not bad, I just need to find one more game
Unless you can find 2 eligible game for under $10 a piece, which isn't impossible, this is a shit deal. Amazon has IW selling for $24 (X1) or $27 (PS4) and now that Amazon GCs are back...

Also:

$50 GUARANTEED CREDIT FOR
YOUR XBOX ONE WIRELESS CONTROLLER TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF
XBOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER
Interested to see if you can trade in multiples.

I'll consider the COD deal if stacks with extra 50% towards the gamestop playlist. The TIV of COD Infinite Warfare is terrible.
This has some real boomerang potential if people are willing to do a couple returns. Usually in these cases it gives you 25 or 30 depending upon the promo and 10% extra based on the games base trade value.

Someone confirmed that trade limits are tied to ID and not powerup accounts right? So even if I didn't give them my account I would still go over the limit if I tried trading in some Xbox controllers.

I can't wait until those Halo energy swords go lower that $44
I wish those lightsabers would go to that price, think it'll stay at like $120 and up for good since the new movie is out this year, bleh

I got two Amazon cards yesterday , they had a $25 one and a $25-500 one , put $100 on one and $225 on another, guy didn't give a damn.
Lego slave 1 here I am :D

Shoot. Traded in four of those games last night trying to avoid tanks. Oh well. Some of those games can still be had for cheap at Target or other places. Wouldn't buy infinite warfare with someone elses money but supposedly the campaign is pretty good. For free id give it a whirl. I guess if you look at it like getting $30 a game plus a bonus again when you trade infinite warfare back in 3 days it can be cool. I may go back today and give them my last copy of black ops 2 from the $15 sale and a copy of mafia 3 I got for about $22. Seems like $30 for each of those gas would be a deal

Edit: after looking at trade value for infinite warfare, seems like a solid deal as I'd be getting $38 for each game essentially, and that's with trading infinite warfare back with no bonuses

They exist, question is can you trade three towards one.
Yeah I'm going to be looking for some on Craigslist and Facebook. If anyone does this deal first let us know. It doesn't say anything on the legal part that we can't trade 3 controllers for an elite. Hopefully we can, I've been wanting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot. Traded in four of those games last night trying to avoid tanks. Oh well. Some of those games can still be had for cheap at Target or other places. Wouldn't buy infinite warfare with someone elses money but supposedly the campaign is pretty good. For free id give it a whirl. I guess if you look at it like getting $30 a game plus a bonus again when you trade infinite warfare back in 3 days it can be cool. I may go back today and give them my last copy of black ops 2 from the $15 sale and a copy of mafia 3 I got for about $22. Seems like $30 for each of those gas would be a deal

Edit: after looking at trade value for infinite warfare, seems like a solid deal as I'd be getting $38 for each game essentially, and that's with trading infinite warfare back with no bonuses
You are not getting Infinite Warfare for free. Each game on the list will get you $30 ($60 for the two) which will be used to purchase Infinite Warfare which is $60.

My trade ins kept their value except for NBA 2K17 for the PS4. It dropped by a dollar in base TIV. 

You are not getting Infinite Warfare for free. Each game on the list will get you $30 ($60 for the two) which will be used to purchase Infinite Warfare which is $60.
Yes I understand that. I was speaking in retail dollars if that makes sense. Trade them in for 60 value which would purchase infinite warfare, and then trade that in for 16.50 without bonuses. Then again, I'm sure you could just wait for that game to be $20 at best buy. Unless you want to risk a return, which I don't think I'm willing to do

Yes I understand that. I was speaking in retail dollars if that makes sense. Trade them in for 60 value which would purchase infinite warfare, and then trade that in for 16.50 without bonuses. Then again, I'm sure you could just wait for that game to be $20 at best buy. Unless you want to risk a return, which I don't think I'm willing to do
no, doesnt make sense to me, trade 2 games in for $60, buy game, trade game in for $16.50. seems like the base of the 2 games would be more than $16.50 with no bonuses.

Looked back about 10 or so pages trying to see if this was discussed. But GS has 40% extra trade in for 2 playlist games. if i were to pay in full with credit. and then return them later to buy something else. would i get the original Credit amount or the bonus 40% as well.  Want to grab a vita but they are still really overpriced for being dead.

Guys, bottom line, don't fall for the Infinite Warfare deal (unless you're gonna return Infinite Warfare). It's terrible

And the last time they ran this Xbone controller promo, it only worked on one controller. You're only gonna get $50 for one controller unless you get an employee who is nice enough to override the values of the 2nd and 3rd controllers

Guys, bottom line, don't fall for the Infinite Warfare deal (unless you're gonna return Infinite Warfare). It's terrible

And the last time they ran this Xbone controller promo, it only worked on one controller. You're only gonna get $50 for one controller unless you get an employee who is nice enough to override the values of the 2nd and 3rd controllers
Gonna try this with 3 broken to shit controllers. Will update soon.

no, doesnt make sense to me, trade 2 games in for $60, buy game, trade game in for $16.50. seems like the base of the 2 games would be more than $16.50 with no bonuses.
I agree, unless you don't have credit or cash and want to play infinite warfare. The 16.50 is irrelevant

Looked back about 10 or so pages trying to see if this was discussed. But GS has 40% extra trade in for 2 playlist games. if i were to pay in full with credit. and then return them later to buy something else. would i get the original Credit amount or the bonus 40% as well. Want to grab a vita but they are still really overpriced for being dead.
The system will give you the bonus back but the employee might reject/deny you. It helps that you are wanting to return it to buy something else though.

Looked back about 10 or so pages trying to see if this was discussed. But GS has 40% extra trade in for 2 playlist games. if i were to pay in full with credit. and then return them later to buy something else. would i get the original Credit amount or the bonus 40% as well. Want to grab a vita but they are still really overpriced for being dead.
They pay you when you trade-in games, not the other way around!

I got that halo wars bundle when it was $350 during the cod/destiny bonus. Zero chance of gamestop doing any price adjustment, huh?

Last edited:
FAQ page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back