GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had $237 credit to start off the day and I put in $50 (Wal-Mart/BB).  Ended up with a new PS4 Pro, a Subway card, demon's souls, the four games I needed for the Wii-U from the 4 for $20 sale, and $230 credit leftover.  

The last place I went to the super cool guy that helps me on occasion was so excited that I was getting so much for my somewhat tiny stack of games (almost $700).  He literally got jittery and kept talking about the bumps and how great I worked the system.  I'm pretty sure it was honest excitement and not accusation (which he would have been correct) but I was concerned it would get me in trouble.  I felt terrible.  I don't want this guy to feel burned by me.  I love gaming and deals!  Sigh. 

The last place I went to the super cool guy that helps me on occasion was so excited that I was getting so much for my somewhat tiny stack of games (almost $700). He literally got jittery and kept talking about the bumps and how great I worked the system. I'm pretty sure it was honest excitement and not accusation (which he would have been correct) but I was concerned it would get me in trouble. I felt terrible. I don't want this guy to feel burned by me. I love gaming and deals! Sigh.
When I'm on a big flip run, I'll often toss employees like the one mentioned a $15 Starbucks card or something like that. I've got a few guys at some of my regular haunts that take care of me and keep my trades on the DL.

Keep in mind that most of the part timers are making (close to) minimum wage and working just a few hours a week. Be courteous, be kind, say please and thank you, make small talk, don't gloat or flaunt all the money you're making off their company. I've had pretty good luck over the years with employees not making a big deal out of my purchasing and trading habits. I feel pretty strongly that the way I treat them goes a long way towards keeping a low profile and keeping the dreaded junior detectives off my case.

Not trying to come off as preachy. Just sharing my experiences, I'm sure most who have been doing this for a while like me act similarly.

The guy who hit me with that at one store is cool so I will just pick up the preorder and return it. The other dude was a dick bag about it so I will probably go back later this week and cancel it on him. I will never understand why a retail drone feels the need to take an attitude about things, I totally understand that working during a holiday weekend sucks but you can be polite and professional about your job regardless.
I thought a return hurts more than a cancel?

one of the employees at the store today looked up my member info using their tablet thing, and saw that i had 50k points. he exclaimed loudly "wow you have 50 THOUSAND POINTS. you saving it for something?"

i didn't think that was a lot compared to some of you guys saying hundreds of thousands lol

does the 40% trade bonus count with Rime for the switch? 

nvm just read terms and conditions and it will! bout to make a good amount of credit tomorrow

one of the employees at the store today looked up my member info using their tablet thing, and saw that i had 50k points. he exclaimed loudly "wow you have 50 THOUSAND POINTS. you saving it for something?"

i didn't think that was a lot compared to some of you guys saying hundreds of thousands lol
170k here no one say a word lol

1 day delivery?

But seriously, prices should, at least in theory, stay somewhat static and the price I said was just the base, not the 10% for PUR or whatever other increase.
I think you're missing something here. Those base values are higher right now due to the stealth bump. On Tuesday you can expect to see them go back down. That's why people asked how you plan to get the games in hand this weekend.

When I'm on a big flip run, I'll often toss employees like the one mentioned a $15 Starbucks card or something like that. I've got a few guys at some of my regular haunts that take care of me and keep my trades on the DL.

Keep in mind that most of the part timers are making (close to) minimum wage and working just a few hours a week. Be courteous, be kind, say please and thank you, make small talk, don't gloat or flaunt all the money you're making off their company. I've had pretty good luck over the years with employees not making a big deal out of my purchasing and trading habits. I feel pretty strongly that the way I treat them goes a long way towards keeping a low profile and keeping the dreaded junior detectives off my case.

Not trying to come off as preachy. Just sharing my experiences, I'm sure most who have been doing this for a while like me act similarly.
Works in just about all aspects of life. ;)

Anyway, just a heads up for those who haven't purchased NBA 2k17 for 360/PS3 BB with GCU has it for 15.99 and it Trades in for $37.50 with bonus.

XCOM 2 (Xbox One) is also $15.99 with GCU at BestBuy and trades in for $26.25 after the bonus.
Heads up the Xcom 2 price is only good for today, so get a store pickup while you can. NBA 2K17 should be on sale all week. Even if you can't get a store pickup for this weekend, you could still stock up for the next bump. :whistle2:

I don't have GCU but those NBA flips looks nice even without it. Might as well do it *shrug*
If you don't have GCU, you're doing it wrong, so wrong.

GCU is $30 and would save you $4 off per copy on the $19.99 sale games. Eight $4 savings and you've just made $2. Three $60 retail games purchases in a year, it's paid for itself with $12 off $60 games.

Will do. And yeah I thought it was weird tax was exactly $1.01 so it made it $16 even lol. Better than having to go to the store though
which link did u use? the store add to cart link or the acct renewal link that was taxed?

How're you going to get it in-hand by tomorrow?
Probably buy it at Walmart/Best Buy/wherever & then return the NewEgg version to Walmart/Best Buy/wherever, only works if NewEgg doesn't send a special version w/different upc

I did this last year with the links at http://gamestop.com/robots.txt and got the coupons 2 days later like normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
were u taxed using the links there?

what link, I went back like 5 pages
depends on # of posts u allow per page

Took me half an hour to realize what you meant. Still didn't find that link. Thanks though
lolol geez that internet is slow o_O

it should have been the only post in the last few days worth of posts using the link only option, but i just checked and the link is broken now anyway.
wait what? I just tried them & they're not broken, so confused lol unless there's a 3rd way of renewing too that I missed o_O

Can you share the link?
*throws tantrum* flip thru pages like everyone else! :shame: lol :ziplip:

Is that the right link? Tried both clicking on it and manually copy/pasting it into my address bar, but I just get random strings of text
well the rest of the links are on that page but u gotta enter in the beginning part of those pages GS decided to block us from searching for

*stomps feet* for everyone else that wants to be spoonfed :baby: lol:

If you don't have GCU, you're doing it wrong, so wrong.

GCU is $30 and would save you $4 off per copy on the $19.99 sale games. Eight $4 savings and you've just made $2. Three $60 retail games purchases in a year, it's paid for itself with $12 off $60 games.
Don't bother man. These fools will argue about their spending habits and how it doesn't make sense for them in particular, blah blah blah.

Just let them subsidize the rest of us.

Can someone explain to me the 40% Rime thing? I have a lot of games I picked up at yard sales and facebook that are worth some decent money after that bump

Also, there is alien isolation for ps4 at toys r us online for $14.99 with 15% off sitewide making it around $12. It is 15 base credit $22.50 with bonus. I am not sure if there really isn't none at my store but maybe you guys have luck on pick up order through online.

Can someone explain to me the 40% Rime thing? I have a lot of games I picked up at yard sales and facebook that are worth some decent money after that bump
Read the name of the thread you clicked on and that should tell you all you need to know. Rime is the promo game this time.

Xcom 2 is $15.99 (gcu) at best buy DOTD for both systems. Ps4 trades at $13 (14.30 PUR) but the xb-one trades at 17.50 (19.25 PUR).
Too bad im on another 14 hour shift today dammit.

Got a call from Store manager and got a lecture saying I abused the GameStop system NOT BECUASE I traded or used the power trade bonus

They called me becuase I bought over $400 dollars worth of merchandise and received 8 free games with the b2g1 coupon. The Sales associate was scared for unknown reasons and alerted his higher up

SM said LP was looking into the transaction.

I told him it was MY RIGHT to buy whatever I wanted with MY MONEY

I haven't traded anything back either. All of this just from a PURCHASE and a scared jr detective

Cant stand this company

I'm about to flip, cash out my points, and cancel every last preorder I have... on top of negative surveys

Amazon and BB from now on

Maybe I should have traded my sealed copy of Mario party 9
Obviously I would have opened it but I kept it sealed for all these years as a keepsake but $50ish bucks for that is insane.

Maybe next month I'll let it go , same with Zelda, almost done with it

Don't die trade in values 👀

I wish one would call me I'd be going right to the store an find another way to make them mad with out knowing it at first. Mike got pissed over buying gift cards with gift cards like sorry your system allows it not my fault.

Got a call from Store manager and got a lecture saying I abused the GameStop system NOT BECUASE I traded or used the power trade bonus

They called me becuase I bought over $400 dollars worth of merchandise and received 8 free games with the b2g1 coupon. The Sales associate was scared for unknown reasons and alerted his higher up

SM said LP was looking into the transaction.

I told him it was MY RIGHT to buy whatever I wanted with MY MONEY

I haven't traded anything back either. All of this just from a PURCHASE and a scared jr detective

Cant stand this company

I'm about to flip, cash out my points, and cancel every last preorder I have... on top of negative surveys

Amazon and BB from now on

Hey guys, been out of the flipping game for a while - been reading through the FAQ for a bit and had a question about the per game limits:

Q: Is there a daily trade-in limit on games?
A: You cannot trade in more than one of the same game, per platform, per day. Some stores may not allow you to trade in the same game on multiple platforms in the same day. If you have two copies of the same game, you CAN go to two different GameStops in the same day to trade them in.

Just to be sure, when it says "You cannot trade in more than one of the same game per day" it means at the same store, right? Or is that "the system will not let you / you will risk a ban?" Wanted to get in on some of these BB flips and get back into the game but just wanted clarification on that first. Thanks!

Thank goodness this ends Monday. Might have a hard time convincing the gf to walk with me to two different gamestops for flipping. Good news is she stops giving me sideye when I give her 50 bucks in uber rides for free.

Hey guys, been out of the flipping game for a while - been reading through the FAQ for a bit and had a question about the per game limits:

Q: Is there a daily trade-in limit on games?
A: You cannot trade in more than one of the same game, per platform, per day. Some stores may not allow you to trade in the same game on multiple platforms in the same day. If you have two copies of the same game, you CAN go to two different GameStops in the same day to trade them in.

Just to be sure, when it says "You cannot trade in more than one of the same game per day" it means at the same store, right? Or is that "the system will not let you / you will risk a ban?" Wanted to get in on some of these BB flips and get back into the game but just wanted clarification on that first. Thanks!
Their system allows you to trade in all four at the same store same time. Company policy is one per system per day. It's 50/50 if they mention it. Trades in 3 copies of Alan wake yesterday (loose disc) to a manager that had previously chided me. But I traded in about 30 total games so he said nothing this time.

Hope someone can help me with this issue I have:
I visited the store closest to me twice over the week, to buy 4 for 20 games and to trade them back after a few days.
Now I was tracking my activity this morning and found that someone used my membership to buy a game. My trade credit is fine as it's on a separate card but my points are potentially at risk, I believe.
Anyone experienced something like this before? Should I contact the support first or visit the store first? It's the memorial day weekend and I'm away so I need to wait till Tuesday anyways. :(

Hope someone can help me with this issue I have:
I visited the store closest to me twice over the week, to buy 4 for 20 games and to trade them back after a few days.
Now I was tracking my activity this morning and found that someone used my membership to buy a game. My trade credit is fine as it's on a separate card but my points are potentially at risk, I believe.
Anyone experienced something like this before? Should I contact the support first or visit the store first? It's the memorial day weekend and I'm away so I need to wait till Tuesday anyways. :(
If they didn't touch your points don't worry. Or cash em out. Either or. I've seen store people toss out random rewards accounts to people without em before to snag the used discount for em.

If they didn't touch your points don't worry. Or cash em out. Either or. I've seen store people toss out random rewards accounts to people without em before to snag the used discount for em.
The thing is, from the total I can guess that this is a new game. So it might not be an employee... I just don't understand why the person used my account from the first place, considering it is neither a used game purchase nor a trade in.

anyone know how they calculate the points? it's 20 points per dollar spent or traded but doesn't seem to add uo right. not that I'm complaining though since they seem to be giving me more lol

Anyone think GS stock will drop below $21? Sales are down and Im wondering if there swith bundles are selling? I dont own the stock but i might jump in if it drops below 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back