GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Imho, I feel it's best to limit the amount of repetitive posting of what you picked up and traded.

The more people do this, the higher likelihood for some unwanted eyes to see this behavior.

If you have an interesting experience, positive or negative, post away. But all of this simple, I picked up PvZ from here and got $100 is really unnecessary and kind of boring.

Maybe I'm just old-school like that.
Again, imho.
It's all on the sheets which are accessible from anywhere in this thread, so I really don't think it matters. U

Imho, I feel it's best to limit the amount of repetitive posting of what you picked up and traded.
The more people do this, the higher likelihood for some unwanted eyes to see this behavior.
If you have an interesting experience, positive or negative, post away. But all of this simple, I picked up PvZ from here and got $100 is really unnecessary and kind of boring.
Again, imho.
Loose lips sink ships.
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room. Etc. You're absolutely right.

I looked at Blackbeard's spreadsheet, bought some games with existing trade credit, and traded them in for more credit. Just thought I let all of you know.

Again, imho.
I'm just showing appreciation, but I totally understand.

Again, imho.
Nobody uses the deal discussion thread here and nobody ever will. It's fun to read other people's wins and losses.

Besides like I said flipping is beneficial to GameStop if they want it to be.

Guys, the Rime bonus lasts until 6/18 per the fine print, it explicitly says so
i guess im just reading the wrong fine print, does it say something different on mobile or somewhere other than the trade in page?

Legal - 40% Extra Credit Toward Select Hidden Gems!
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Rime, The Surge, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, or Guardians of the Galaxy. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 5/28/17.

Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, MXGP3, or Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 6/18/17

i guess im just reading the wrong fine print, does it say something different on mobile or somewhere other than the trade in page?
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Rime, The Surge, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, or Guardians of the Galaxy. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 5/28/17.
Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, MXGP3, or Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 6/18/17
It's on page 6 of the May 24th-May 30th weekly ad:

[attachment=26689:IMG_0293.PNG]

Lol whatever. I like seeing how much everyone got since this only happens once a month. Also for Rime, we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow won't we.

might be a noob question - see a lot of people talking about reusing the B2G1 coupon - I assume from the PUR renewal?

Will the coupon erase from the active offer after its used?  Do you just need to print it out to use it multiple times?

Thanks in advance.

might be a noob question - see a lot of people talking about reusing the B2G1 coupon - I assume from the PUR renewal?

Will the coupon erase from the active offer after its used? Do you just need to print it out to use it multiple times?

Thanks in advance.
No we renew our PUR Pro to get more coupons. All invalid after 1 use.

It's on page 6 of the May 24th-May 30th weekly ad:

attachicon.gif
IMG_0293.PNG
oh, yeah, someone said that earlier. i thought maybe somewhere else it was listed other than the ad. hopefully its still going, dont really want to preorder another game and have to move that money around later.

Will the coupon erase from the active offer after its used? Do you just need to print it out to use it multiple times?

Thanks in advance.
you've been here for a long time, you should already know how gamestop coupon work. here's a quick run down.

-no, you do not have to print out.

-1 time use.

Tempted to pick up COD Infinite Warfare for Xbox One from the GameFly used sale for $16.41 after using my $5 off coupon and trading it in for $22.50 credit. Just not sure how long it'll take to get it to me and how long it'll stay at that value.

Finally got in on a flip without a Jr Detective here trying to blow me up, did a double 2k17 flip along with some crap from my backlog that got bumped that I know I'm not touching anytime soon. Came out with $160, probably just gonna sit on this to use toward more flips in the future

Tempted to pick up COD Infinite Warfare for Xbox One from the GameFly used sale for $16.41 after using my $5 off coupon and trading it in for $22.50 credit. Just not sure how long it'll take to get it to me and how long it'll stay at that value.
don't do it.

Thanks in advance.
one time use

earlier in the month people were getting 2-3 coupons instead of 1 for renewing, that's prob what you've been seeing.

So while I was out USPS attempted to deliver the second half of my package that got delayed til Tuesday...today. Of course that would happen to me lol :/

Two local GS said they dont sell amazon anymore because its there biggest competitor. I guess ill try the one by my work during the week.

1 more day before I unfollow this thread.  too many damn posts and its cluttering my inbox.  

btw, next-month's possible stealthbump will overlap the 30rolling day trade limit.... 

went from 850 to 1700 = ) used two coupons but its so hard to find a store that has everything I need.
Omg we must learn from u ...that's almost $1k profit o_O lol how many games did u get?

Had to sit this one out coz my 30 days is tomorrow and would've wanted to get the Guardians game to play and for trade bonus for that game ends today

Stopped by Half Price Books and took advantage of their 20% off sale. Picked up 7 Days to Die, King of Fighters XIV, and Blops III for $51.54 and flipped them to GS for $82.50. I also traded in a PS4 copy of GotG totaling out at $105 today. Then I used the %10 off coupon for trade the credit to pick up a preowned Assassin's Creed Syndicate and a preowned copy of Odin Sphere, which apparently was converted from new to used. I also paid off Rime, Shadow of War, bought $20 to PSN and preordered South Park. After everything, I still have $150 in credit. 

Tl;dr 
Traded shit, got shit, and have all of you to thank. 

I got sorta anxious when the cashier wouldn't scan the B2G1 coupon from my phone and told me she had to bring up the coupon on their store tablet. Of course she brings up my account and comments on me having 3 B2G1 coupons and asked if I had just renewed 3 times or something. Brb "Yeah, something like that" lol.

So my assistant found out shes banned today. Think is, im almost positive she didn't pass the 2k mark. I came closer to it and i'm still fine.

When we saw a jr detective marks your account, is that a legit thing. I asked an employee about it and they had no clue how to do it.

Omg we must learn from u ...that's almost $1k profit o_O lol how many games did u get?
Had to sit this one out coz my 30 days is tomorrow and would've wanted to get the Guardians game to play and for trade bonus for that game ends today
Bought enough where it was 11 games free and 12 games free. With the coupon it was about 870 for first and almost 900 ish for the second . First gave 1200 ish and the other was 1300 ish with the trade boost . Used my mom and dad's id. Still have mine and my sister for the other two coupons

Bought enough where it was 11 games free and 12 games free. With the coupon it was about 870 for first and almost 900 ish for the second . First gave 1200 ish and the other was 1300 ish with the trade boost . Used my mom and dad's id. Still have mine and my sister for the other two coupons
You are doing this right my man! Hopefully I can do the same, have about $730 in credit and 3 coupons to play with tomorrow!

With no responsibilities tomorrow, I'm planning to go hard. Has anyone run into any jr douches in Orange County, California?
Last time I visited parents here for the most part no, never had issues Im coming tonight again hopefully I can make a bit of credit tomorrow if not oh well

So my assistant found out shes banned today. Think is, im almost positive she didn't pass the 2k mark. I came closer to it and i'm still fine.

When we saw a jr detective marks your account, is that a legit thing. I asked an employee about it and they had no clue how to do it.
I don't think they can "flag an account" in their computer system. Based on what I've been told it's more work than that. They have to alert their DM and they have to send the info up to LP.

I've never been banned before, but I got put on a district wide "watch list". They sent around an email with some names of customers with abnormal trade activity. I also had a district manager call me once and ask where I got all the cell phones I was trading in for the 50% bonus. I was able to explain and he thanked me for my business.

I don't understand why they care so much. Flipping is actually good for their numbers because it helps with used product sales, power up renewals, and trade ins. It hurts the overall company's bottom line, but for an individual store it actually pumps up their numbers.

decided to do one more small trade using the games from best buy that you guys mentioned.

tried to add $5 to my Rime preorder but guy said i had to fully pay it off because of the bonus. this happened last month to me too. two different stores, but same district. ill just move the money later to the COD preorder i have.

so my experience so far and an FYI :

when doing initial pre-order with trade ins, $5 is no problem.

when trying to add money to the pre-order with trade ins, required to pay it off fully.

YMMV of course.

Already ran into trouble at my first stop this morning. Bought two copies of PvZ2 at Best Buy, the lady says "hmmm are these gifts? I hope you aren't reselling these..."
lol this makes no sense to me. it was only two copies, sheesh.

lady at my best buy was nicer, she started giggling with me "you still have a PS3?!" cause i was buying 2k17. "i do like those older games though like mario and sonic"

Your GameStop must be cool as hell or you are living in Beverly Hills 90210. No GameStop near me would allow the use of someone else id unless they are present. Wish I was in your shoes.

This was another solid stealth bump weekend. About $600 trade in credit earned in 2 separate trade transactions. NBA 2k17 and PVZGW2 were the big movers for me. Thanks again to our captain BB and the CAG community!

I wanted to add this to the FAQ, curious if anyone knows the answer. We know the limit for a card is $1000, so what happens if you have say $900 on a card and try to get $200 more put on it from a trade in? Does the card get $100 put on it and then prompt the cashier to put the remaining $100 on a different card?

I wanted to add this to the FAQ, curious if anyone knows the answer. We know the limit for a card is $1000, so what happens if you have say $900 on a card and try to get $200 more put on it from a trade in? Does the card get $100 put on it and then prompt the cashier to put the remaining $100 on a different card?
I tried this recently, and it errored out. I was trading in 5 iPhones from my recent carrier switch and we split it into two transactions so my wife could do some. He tried to put it all on one card, but I knew it wouldn't work over 1000. When he tried to put money from the second transaction on the first card it wouldn't let him and I think it made him go several steps back in the transaction.

TL;DR- No, if you had $800 on a card and tried to put $700 on the same card it just errors out and makes them use a new card.

Just get a new card and avoid this situation. GS employees tend to freak out when they see trade-in cards with huge amounts.

Good job, fuckwit. This kind of behavior will get the B2G1 coupon limited to one set of three.

Plus, you will almost likely get the PUR account banned for that amount of activity. Good job as well, fuckwit.

I would also bet that the ASL or SL will red-flag the account for LP review.

isn't that over the 2k limit?

edit: nevermind, didn't realize you used two IDs

Good job, fuckwit. This kind of behavior will get the B2G1 coupon limited to one set of three.
Plus, you will almost likely get the PUR account banned for that amount of activity. Good job as well, fuckwit.
I would also bet that the ASL or SL will red-flag the account for LP review.
A lil harsh doncha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back