GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic of bashing GS.... I pre-ordered LBP3 Plush Edition and went to go pick it up on the 18th. The clerk tried to sell me an opened, gutted copy of the Day 1 Edition minus the Plush, trying to pass it off as the same thing. I told her the whole point of the Plush Edition was the plush, but she kept trying to tell me that the plush was a special DLC on the receipt.... LOL

Thankfully, a friend told me the BB across the street had a sealed copy in stock. Crossed the street and picked one up with GCU :D lol. Never pre-ordering anything from GS again >_>
their "new" games are no different than used games. i only buy used games from gs.

Went to a couple different gamestops yesterday and they were completely out of iPads. Asked if they could check inventory in the area and they only had one out of 6 stores. Maybe a good trade in promo is on the horizon?

some gamestop employees will give old promotion displays if you they are nice
Yeah. I was offered old posters before at the Gamestop I used to frequent. Stores will also give them away as "prizes" at midnight launches. I don't see the appeal considering most store displays/posters aren't that nice and have Gamestop stuff on them like PUR or preorder info.

I traded in a disc only copy of Advanced Warfare today and they tried to charge me a refurb fee on it. Luckily, the website now specifically says you get the same value even if you don't have the case, so you can always bring that up if a GS employee gives you trouble for not having a case.

Yeah. I was offered old posters before at the Gamestop I used to frequent. Stores will also give them away as "prizes" at midnight launches. I don't see the appeal considering most store displays/posters aren't that nice and have Gamestop stuff on them like PUR or preorder info.

I traded in a disc only copy of Advanced Warfare today and they tried to charge me a refurb fee on it. Luckily, the website now specifically says you get the same value even if you don't have the case, so you can always bring that up if a GS employee gives you trouble for not having a case.
well, i had the same bestbuy employee ask me why am i trading in my games, everytime i go to trade in my games in this bestbuy store. this week i traded in a copy of advance warfare. and she asked that same question, so i told her, because i am done playing with the game, and looked at her with a blank expression, until she started to proceed with the trade ins

well, i had the same bestbuy employee ask me why am i trading in my games, everytime i go to trade in my games in this bestbuy store. this week i traded in a copy of advance warfare. and she asked that same question, so i told her, because i am done playing with the game, and looked at her with a blank expression, until she started to proceed with the trade ins
And then what happened?

Went it today to trade and buy some games. Traded them in and put the amount on my PUR card then looked for games. Now I live in a state that there is no tax if using credit, but when I went to pay on the new POS system it charged tax and me and the employee noticed it and canceled the order and moved to the old POS and it worked with no taxes. Not sure if that is something that will be changing on the new system or just an error, but I would keep a lookout when going there.

Went it today to trade and buy some games. Traded them in and put the amount on my PUR card then looked for games. Now I live in a state that there is no tax if using credit, but when I went to pay on the new POS system it charged tax and me and the employee noticed it and canceled the order and moved to the old POS and it worked with no taxes. Not sure if that is something that will be changing on the new system or just an error, but I would keep a lookout when going there.
Yikes that doesn't sound good 😯

the day gs starts charging tax on purchases with store credit. i am cashing out all my store credit.

What state you you in?

Can you use 2 $off item coupons in one transaction? I tried to use 2 of them in the smash bundle and they employee said they wouldn't stack. I insisted, but I think he didn't really try and all the GS employees started looking at me like if I was stealing from them or something. Just want to confirm if they work or not.

Can you use 2 $off item coupons in one transaction? I tried to use 2 of them in the smash bundle and they employee said they wouldn't stack. I insisted, but I think he didn't really try and all the GS employees started looking at me like if I was stealing from them or something. Just want to confirm if they work or not.
They definitely work, I think in the fine it even mentions that it's fine. For some reason some employees are hesitant to use use more than one coupon, but the system should take a max of 4 per order.

Has to be 2 different amounts off

some gamestop employees will give old promotion displays if you they are nice
This. Manager at the store I visit the most gave me a box of the Advanced Warfare posters, I guess preorders were done for so they had no need to pass out posters lol. Still in back seat of vehicle.

The dream is still alive with the 2x b2g1 coupons!

EDIT: Marketing resets today, right?

And here's a code for $25 off any used Tablet that expires at close of business today: gone

Quick question. I know I'm in the minority but I didn't enjoy Smash 3ds. Playing on the small screen was a let down. I also got a second copy of Alpha Sapphire as a gift -- unfortunately it was GS-"new". If I trade both in I can get $55 there towards Kindle cards. Anyone know anything better I could try?

After fees, even if I got $70 for both on EBay, that's still basically $55...

Quick question. I know I'm in the minority but I didn't enjoy Smash 3ds. Playing on the small screen was a let down. I also got a second copy of Alpha Sapphire as a gift -- unfortunately it was GS-"new". If I trade both in I can get $55 there towards Kindle cards. Anyone know anything better I could try?

After fees, even if I got $70 for both on EBay, that's still basically $55...
Considering the game just released they should still have sealed copies. I would have asked for one instead of taking an open copy.

NdJSaCV.jpg

@RoyTheRobot, @fuze9

Thanks for the offers! Great community here :).

However, I just realized this was a PUR offer (and I'm a PUR extra member as well), try to get my coupon and apply it online and it wouldn't work. Get on the call with Gamestop CSR (~30 mins or so - seems to be outsourced to Easter Europe lol), and CSR says it's expired. WTH fuck ? Coupon clearly says 'Expires 11/23/2014' - and she says it means that they expire a day earlier than that. Total BS. I bitched and got  $20 off $20 or more GC for my troubles (that expire only next year) that can be applied to everything else.

So yeah, I wouldn't be using those tablet coupons.. Lurkers can have at them  :-({|= . Thanks for the response though!

EDIT: Other PUR members who don't plan to use the $25 off coupon could also take advantage of this! Just call and bitch about it.. :)

Did just like you said. They gave me 7000 points. Thanks man.
To be fair - it's Gamestops's fault. If they say something expires on x date, they should guarantee that it works until 11:59 PM on day 'x'.

I'm pretty sure this issue is across the board (at least as far as this coupon is concerned anyway - not sure about GS's other coupons).

Xbox One

Shadow of Mordor $27

Great experience at my Gamestop today. I bought NBA 2k15 at BB for $30 (price matched Walmart). Played it, didn't like it. Flipped it back for $38 with GCU. Use the credit on Shadow of Mordor by Kmart also price matched at BB for $25. Then credit transfer to Gamestop for $29.70.

I still had my $10 coupon from the steal of the week from last week, and used on Forza Horizon 2. Only deal was at Microsoft for $29.99 however I wanted the Day One copy. So it dropped my total to $39.50. I've been shot down using the B-Day coupon plus the $off coupons so I did not want to try it.

But the dude that rang me up ended up as a CAG, and grabbed the B-Day coupon off of the B-Day coupon Page and dropped my total to $30. I was speechless that he did it because the gamestop around me are anal about using more than 1 coupon. I guess I found my new favorite Gamestop...

Seems like they need to make some tweaks to the new POS still. Hopefully some glitches get restored in the process ....

if you log onto the mobile site, the page where you actually purchase the coupons will state in fine print that two coupons are fine so long as they are different coupons. You can show that to a cashier to argue with them. Sometimes, I just ask them "can you just try to scan it and see if it goes through? I cashed out on my points for this purchase so I would just like to make sure that the system accepts it after going through all this trouble."

So I returned a used game to a store that I don't visit often and the first cashier did not want to process it like I had requested. Too bad for him he ran into one of the more informed customers because evidently enough he hasn't had to process any holiday return thus far.

Me: "Hi. I'd like to return this preowned copy of Evil Within please. I have a phone number if you'd like to look it up."

Cashier: "Oh well the problem is this is over 7 days. I can't return it to you. I might be able to give you partial credit."

Me: "Yes, but I purchased it during the holiday period so I'm still within the return window actually."

Keyholder; "No he's right (siding with the cashier). You're can't return something that late."

Me: "My receipt shows I purchased this in November. The bottom receipt explicitly states that I can return this through January."

Keyholder: "That must be some new holiday policy that hasn't kicked in."

Me: "No, you're misunderstood. Receipt states any purchase starting in October can be returned anytime until January 15th. This has been in effect for over a month now actually."

Keyholder: "Ok well look since you're a regular here I'll let him do it for you. I just have to try to explain to you the corporate policy about any returns beyond a normal return window."

Me: "Um, ok. Yes, I'm fully aware. I'm just trying to explain to you how the holiday return policy works."

::: inscrutable silence follows ::::

Seems like they need to make some tweaks to the new POS still. Hopefully some glitches get restored in the process ....

if you log onto the mobile site, the page where you actually purchase the coupons will state in fine print that two coupons are fine so long as they are different coupons. You can show that to a cashier to argue with them. Sometimes, I just ask them "can you just try to scan it and see if it goes through? I cashed out on my points for this purchase so I would just like to make sure that the system accepts it after going through all this trouble."

So I returned a used game to a store that I don't visit often and the first cashier did not want to process it like I had requested. Too bad for him he ran into one of the more informed customers because evidently enough he hasn't had to process any holiday return thus far.

Me: "Hi. I'd like to return this preowned copy of Evil Within please. I have a phone number if you'd like to look it up."

Cashier: "Oh well the problem is this is over 7 days. I can't return it to you. I might be able to give you partial credit."

Me: "Yes, but I purchased it during the holiday period so I'm still within the return window actually."

Keyholder; "No he's right (siding with the cashier). You're can't return something that late."

Me: "My receipt shows I purchased this in November. The bottom receipt explicitly states that I can return this through January."

Me: "No, you're misunderstood. Receipt states any purchase starting in October can be returned anytime until January 15th. This has been in effect for over a month now actually."

Keyholder: "Ok well look since you're a regular here I'll let him do it for you. I just have to try to explain to you the corporate policy about any returns beyond a normal return window."

Me: "Um, ok. Yes, I'm fully aware. I'm just trying to explain to you how the holiday return policy works."

I avoid Gamestop like the plague now because of shit like this.. Don't even really shop there anymore.

This reminds me of the time when I had a receipt and an unopened item and told me they would not allow me to return it WITHOUT the same credit card I had used it with

This reminds me of the time when I had a receipt and an unopened item and told me they would not allow me to return it WITHOUT the same credit card I had used it with
To be fair, that's because their system requires them to punch in the last 4 digits to make a transaction. Most stores, however, are not that archaic.

I had to point out the holiday return policy yesterday for a game I bought last month, but it went a lot smoother than your experience:

Cashier to Manager (?) while holding receipt: "Isn't the return period 7 days?"

Me: "Yes, but the bottom of the receipt mentions the holiday return policy."

Manager (?) after looking at bottom of receipt: "...Wow. Yeah, just refund him."

Can I return an evil within that I bought with a different receipt using another receipt? I think I returned a different evil within with a different receipt. Also how many returns can I make in a month?

Can I return an evil within that I bought with a different receipt using another receipt? I think I returned a different evil within with a different receipt. Also how many returns can I make in a month?
As long as the game is for the same system you should be fine.

to add to the list of annoying gamestop employees 

I preordered a wii u game (captain toad)

his response "wow the wii u has nothing"

told him smash was good

"I would never spend 390 on one game"

awkward silence

I need some guidance.

I found and put on hold a preowned copy of Dragon Age for PS4. How it got there I don't know but that doesn't matter.

What I want to know is if I can use a B2G1 coupon to pick up Dragon Age and 2 of those guaranteed 40 dollar games (COD,Halo,and such) and then trade those games in for 87 dollars $ at a later date. It would make Dragon Age cost 15 dollars and the price of a coupon.

Seems like a good deal even though I have to front over 100 bucks. Hope I'm not missing anything. Has anyone here done something like this before?  How did it go? Smooth? Not-so-smooth? I'd like to know.

yeah your plan will basically work, but two things

1. its very difficult to find all the games you want in ONE store.  So the store that has DA:i may not have any used copies of other games with high TIVs.  While they can shuffle games around inter-store, I dunno how much of a wait that puts on it.

2. I believe the highest TIV at gamestop right now is $35, and 10% pur pro bumps it up to $38.50.  The $40 guarantee, afaik, bumps the total up to $40 NOT the base so your total for two games would be $80, not $88.  So you'd pay $20+tax for DA:I which is still damn good.

You may also get a copy of DA:I without the case, as the early trade ins tend to be disc only (CEs steelbook copies people going digital etc) so you'll get that ugly generic case, it may not bother you but that kinda shit bugs the hell out of me.  You probably won't get the pre-order/day1 DLCs either, but I don't think any are really critical anyways.  

I'd buy in the morning and go back in the evening to trade, or next day.  Don't try to do it in the same store visit as the buy, while totally allowed its one of those things where you could get an employee get a stick up their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back