GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is trade credit tied to your account or just the card? Both the app and website say I have $100+ credit, but I don't have my PUR card anymore to check and see.

Or could that just be bugged? Could have sworn I spent everything before I cut out going there.

Is trade credit tied to your account or just the card? Both the app and website say I have $100+ credit, but I don't have my PUR card anymore to check and see.

Or could that just be bugged? Could have sworn I spent everything before I cut out going there.
Tied to your account and the card is just the vessel I believe. If you knew the numbers off the card you could check but those should both be accurate (and have been in my experience). If you don't have the card at all any longer then I would call them up, tell them you lost your card and get them to send you a new one.

30% off is now working online. B2G1 is NOT working online though.
This ^^^ I added 3 games at $19.99 each to my cart and got the 30% off along with my PUR discount, but the B2G1 isn't working. I'll order the games anyway as 30% off plus PUR discount will save me a good amount of money.

Edit: Under the B2G1 banner on the main page it shows "offer not valid with any other offer." Don't know if that's the reason for it not stacking with 30% off. I also tried adding 3 games to the cart without signing in and the B2G1 didn't work that way either.

This ^^^ I've put 3 games at $19.99 each to my cart and got the 30% off along with my PUR discount, but the B2G1 isn't working. I'll order the games anyway as 30% off plus PUR discount will save me a good amount of money.
If it stacks with birthday it'd be better in store.

If it stacks with birthday it'd be better in store.
Well if the birthday coupon and the 30% off stack and the deal is going on in-store that would be great. Problem for me with the birthday coupon I might not get until the end of this month or closer to my birthday.

Well if the birthday coupon and the 30% off stack and the deal is going on in-store that would be great. Problem for me with the birthday coupon I might not get until the end of this month or closer to my birthday.
You know that you don't actually need your birthday coupon to get the discount, right...? ;)

i got $850 gamestop credit still burning a hole but thanks to black friday and the microsoft store glitch i can't even think of anything to buy :(  i really wish there was a new super duper gaming console to blow money on (no chance at the $499 ps4one).   used up 8 b2g1 coupons to move some credit to best buy, don't wanna start bumping up against BBY trade limits in case I forgot to put something down on my spreadsheet.

I guess 30% works out as good as B2G1 at $40 or below, whereas b2g1 is slighty better above $40, but just a few bucks.  Assuming it stacks with 10% pur pro and its not 30% including Pro.

Maybe i'll repick up Far Cry 4 and platinum it, got 75% of the trophies I needed but traded it in when doing another big batch.  The gaming landscape is a bit of a desert until february now.   I could pick up the new wow xpac but it feels good being 2 years wow free!!

i got $850 gamestop credit still burning a hole but thanks to black friday and the microsoft store glitch i can't even think of anything to buy :( i really wish there was a new super duper gaming console to blow money on (no chance at the $499 ps4one). used up 8 b2g1 coupons to move some credit to best buy, don't wanna start bumping up against BBY trade limits in case I forgot to put something down on my spreadsheet.

I guess 30% works out as good as B2G1 at $40 or below, whereas b2g1 is slighty better above $40, but just a few bucks. Assuming it stacks with 10% pur pro and its not 30% including Pro.

Maybe i'll repick up Far Cry 4 and platinum it, got 75% of the trophies I needed but traded it in when doing another big batch. The gaming landscape is a bit of a desert until february now. I could pick up the new wow xpac but it feels good being 2 years wow free!!
You're aware that the 30% off only works on <$20 games, right? Also, Lulgasms confirmed that the 10% PUR discount is applied after the 30% discount.

[quote name="tearsintherain" post="12299220" timestamp="1417717972"]i got $850 gamestop credit still burning a hole but thanks to black friday and the microsoft store glitch i can't even think of anything to buy :( i really wish there was a new super duper gaming console to blow money on (no chance at the $499 ps4one). used up 8 b2g1 coupons to move some credit to best buy, don't wanna start bumping up against BBY trade limits in case I forgot to put something down on my spreadsheet.

I guess 30% works out as good as B2G1 at $40 or below, whereas b2g1 is slighty better above $40, but just a few bucks. Assuming it stacks with 10% pur pro and its not 30% including Pro.

Maybe i'll repick up Far Cry 4 and platinum it, got 75% of the trophies I needed but traded it in when doing another big batch. The gaming landscape is a bit of a desert until february now. I could pick up the new wow xpac but it feels good being 2 years wow free!![/quote]
Whatever you do, just don't get back into WoW. There really is such a thing as WoW addiction.

dang thought it was 30% off any used game, forget visiting gamestop then :(  I've been trading out all my cheap games including the backlog of ps3/3DS/vita games I bought that I thought I'd play (demon souls RDR GOW JRPGs) but realize I will never, ever, ever actually get to.  The $10 bump coupon was great for that.

and yeah I doubt i'll buy the new wow xpac, nothing in WoD really interested me especially since no new race or class.  I just wish they had a f2p version, I have one of those rainbow birds from TK and the ragnaros mount and I loved riding around circles in org with those.

FYI bday coupon did not stack in store.
That sucks. Anyone try a B2G1 + 30% off? I'm assuming it's the same result.

How long is this thing going on for? I wanna buy a game tomorrow.
I was wondering the same thing. Is today just the PUR exclusive day and then it runs all weekend?

I just called my local store and they said it's "Today only, but they will find out at the end of the night if it's been extended for the rest of the weekend." Maybe they are waiting for a memo or communication or whatever.

How long is this thing going on for? I wanna buy a game tomorrow.
That's just it--there's no expiration date mentioned anywhere in the promo details, just that it starts today for PUR Pro members and tomorrow for everyone else. I hope it at least lasts through the weekend.

That's just it--there's no expiration date mentioned anywhere in the promo details, just that it starts today for PUR Pro members and tomorrow for everyone else. I hope it at least lasts through the weekend.
Just came from Game stop & this promo is 40% off for PUR, and the B2G1 works on any 3 used games. I thought it was for 19.99 and under initially.

^ oh yeah thats a one time coupon for a specific PUR Pro account, we were getting confused and thought you were talking about the online B2G1F deal going on for games under $20

Lords of the Fallen by the way is $39.99 for PS4/Xbox One new copies at gamestop, i guess its their weekly sale

I just checked my PUR Pro account and I now have a B2G1F coupon in my rewards, didn't renew PUR Pro it just showed up, did everyone get one?

Anyone buy a preowned PS3 with this new deal yet?  Wondering if the $40 off would stack with one of the $$ off a preowned system PUR coupons.

I don't want to redeem points for a coupon if they don't stack.

I've asked this before but after noticing that they need to see my ID during every trade-in; is it possible to trade in more than the 4 identical games per month limit, using different PUR accounts? I have plenty of Evil Withins from BF to trade in.

Example:

4 copies of PS3 Evil Within on 'PUR ACC #1' using my ID

4 copies of PS3 Evil Within on 'PUR ACC #2' using the same ID

Of course I would have to spread them out across several stores since many will only let you do 1 copy of the same game per visit but will this result in a ban? I can't tell if the trade in limit is tied to your account or your ID/personal information.

I've asked this before but after noticing that they need to see my ID during every trade-in; is it possible to trade in more than the 4 identical games per month limit, using different PUR accounts? I have plenty of Evil Withins from BF to trade in.

Example:

4 copies of PS3 Evil Within on 'PUR ACC #1' using my ID

4 copies of PS3 Evil Within on 'PUR ACC #2' using the same ID

Of course I would have to spread them out across several stores since many will only let you do 1 copy of the same game per visit but will this result in a ban? I can't tell if the trade in limit is tied to your account or your ID/personal information.
I'm kind of curious about this, as well. I tried to trade 2 of the same game today, which I've never traded before, and dude said I can only trade 1 copy of a game per day...

I can accept that, I suppose, but is it a made up or real policy?

Can Gamestop employees see the games I've previously traded? LIke, If I try to trade Halo MCC, again, will it show the employee that I traded the game before when they scan my PUR card?

What pre owned games under $20 are you guys getting with 40% off? And is the 30% off automatically applied when they scan a $20 game? I'm thinking of getting rdr goty demon souls twisted metal

Edit: I might get persona 4 arena and catherine and gta v complete edition

What pre owned games under $20 are you guys getting with 40% off? And is the 30% off automatically applied when they scan a $20 game? I'm thinking of getting rdr goty demon souls twisted metal

I grabbed nier for $12. Options are so limited when its undrr $20.

You know that you don't actually need your birthday coupon to get the discount, right...? ;)
Yeah I do know about that... ;)

When I do go in:

Fight Night Champion

Skate 3

Rayman: Origins

NCAA Football 13

CoD: MW3

??? - Last game is a mystery for me right now,

Got the last gen/ vita stuff I wanted under $20:

batman vita

assasins creed vita

dungeon alliance vita