GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The one CS guy at a Target near me is permanently on my shit list after he walked away and refused to help me when I wanted him to type in my birthdate instead of scanning my ID when I was PMing a game one time.

(protip: typing in the birthday doesn't require an override, so no need to have your ID scanned/swiped at target)
I avoid buying M-rated games or beer/alcohol at Target, because their registers pretty much demand that the cashier scan/swipe the dirvers license, which I generally refuse to do. I'm not sure if there is a way for them to override that or not, but they ALWAYS insist. I've walked away from sales in the past because of it. (And, since they've proven they can't keep their data safe, I'd say that was the right call on my part.)

I avoid buying M-rated games or beer/alcohol at Target, because their registers pretty much demand that the cashier scan/swipe the dirvers license, which I generally refuse to do. I'm not sure if there is a way for them to override that or not, but they ALWAYS insist. I've walked away from sales in the past because of it. (And, since they've proven they can't keep their data safe, I'd say that was the right call on my part.)
For games at least they can type it in, no over ride needed.

My county just recently stopped giving cash for cell phones, iPads and such. You have to wait weeks for a company check if you don't want store credit. That being said, lines have been held up by people asking why and/or where's the closest GS or pawn shop that will give cash, etc. Either way, the trade in has to be entered in to some ancient laptop (I think linked/supplied by the County) and is a hella slow process. 

My 75 year old grandma got carded at Target. I was messing around the Amiibos and she came over and asked if I had ID on me so she could buy some games. I just laughed and the guy apologized and was like "it's my job man, don't be mad."

Say What? No shit? Good thing I didn't burn a coupon on Dragon Age this weekend.
This has come up before on the Consumerist with Target. They also do this with razor blades, alcohol, cold medicine, and other age restricted items. Most likely it's to collect personal data is the prevaling theory.

A manager CAN override the ID scan prompt but be ready to raise holy hell and/or complain to corporate on the phone while in store to get it done.

That sounds like a guy at my local Gamestop "Jason."

He told me yesterday Dragon Age Inquisition was an Xbone exclusive when I asked if they had any for PS3...then he told me it was PS4/Xbone....then he walked in the back and played on his phone.
That guy gives Jason's everywhere a bad name. :)

[quote name="SonictheHedgehog1337" post="12364414" timestamp="1419738333"]If she was really smart she would have waited for the inevitable GOTY Edition/Definitive Edition/Master Chief Collection/Redux/Legendary Edition/Day One Edition/Sonic Boom Boom Edition.

Now she is going to have to double dip later.[/quote]but, that's all part of the magic. When those editions come out, she'll replay this amazing game again, and will also support Sega.

If Sonic Boom 2 ever releases, I'll be at its midnight release.

This has come up before on the Consumerist with Target. They also do this with razor blades, alcohol, cold medicine, and other age restricted items. Most likely it's to collect personal data is the prevaling theory.

A manager CAN override the ID scan prompt but be ready to raise holy hell and/or complain to corporate on the phone while in store to get it done.
As I posted before, at least for games, they can just type in the birthday now with no override needed.

Is there a limit on how many of the same accessories you can trade in at gs and if there is and you go over that limit, will you automatically be banned or will it be up to the employee?
Don't trade more than 4 of an accessory per month.

The employee doesn't directly ban you, they can flag your account if they think you are being suspicious, which could expedite your banning.

Whats the best way to trade in a 250 GB slim 360? Thinking of picking up one of the 500 GB models from the Target sale and want to trade my current 360 in. Wasn't there something about parsing it out with the hard drive separately?

So I noticed there's a coupon for $10 extra when you trade 5 games in. Is that something that needs to be printed out? I was planning on going in today and upgrading back to PUR Pro then trading some things in, but now that I saw this coupon I guess my best bet is to just renew PRO today and trade another day?

So I noticed there's a coupon for $10 extra when you trade 5 games in. Is that something that needs to be printed out? I was planning on going in today and upgrading back to PUR Pro then trading some things in, but now that I saw this coupon I guess my best bet is to just renew PRO today and trade another day?
The $10 promo needs the coupon code. it is not automatic.

I renewed Saturday and it's on my account right now.

Anyone care to share the last 4 digits of the 20% off two+ coupon to see if it's unique?
The easiest way to tell if it is unique is if there's a hyphen in the middle of the code.

If it's just EBCxxxxxx then it's a universal coupon. (eg. birthday)

The easiest way to tell if it is unique is if there's a hyphen in the middle of the code.

If it's just EBCxxxxxx then it's a universal coupon. (eg. birthday)
I am pretty sure the unique codes are a lot longer.

By the way, mine is a long code with a hyphen in the middle.

I just found a receipt for a fully paid? 40.xx preorder of Mario kart on wiiu from March that I never picked up. When I check the app, it says I have no reservations. Can I just go in and cancel the preorder and get my 40, or do I have to pick it up, then return it?
In case anyone cares. I went to this store and the manager couldn't find the preorder in the system. Then he typed in some numbers from my receipt and he found the transaction. Then he said the game was already out when I preordered it. The receipt is from 3/31/14 and Mario Kart 8 on wiiu released in May IIRC. Then he said I already picked up the game or someone else picked it up for me (which I didn't think would be possible without a signature). When I insisted that is not possible, he then gave me an 800 number to call.

:wall:

In case anyone cares. I went to this store and the manager couldn't find the preorder in the system. Then he typed in some numbers from my receipt and he found the transaction. Then he said the game was already out when I preordered it. The receipt is from 3/31/14 and Mario Kart 8 on wiiu released in May IIRC. Then he said I already picked up the game or someone else picked it up for me (which I didn't think would be possible without a signature). When I insisted that is not possible, he then gave me an 800 number to call.

That sucks...good luck!

Pretty sure gamestop doesn't require a signature. Even if it did. My signature looks like garbage...not very hard to fake.

you do not need signature to pick up preorder. if you pur membership is tie to your phone #, anyone who knows your phone #, can pick up your preorder.

It's not a conspiracy. Someone would have to know your # & know that you have a certain preorder while knowing that you didn't get said preorder. Sounds like North Korea is involved...

This is why i always use my PUR card instead of giving them my phone number..... I see it way too often the employee says " I can look it up by your phone number" and people give it with other people waiting in line behind them.  Now i know most people are honest, but it only takes 1 person to screw you over and steal your preorders.

This is why i always use my PUR card instead of giving them my phone number..... I see it way too often the employee says " I can look it up by your phone number" and people give it with other people waiting in line behind them. Now i know most people are honest, but it only takes 1 person to screw you over and steal your preorders.
if that happened they would ;probably look at security footage and you would most likely get a refund from corporate

with stuff like the Xbox One Wireless Controller PUR coupon (60k), do you get to pick which available color you want, or is it coded just for the standard black?

Sooo... coupon stacking.

Took my last $10 and $5 off anything to one store and used them, then took the $5 off anything to another store and used it.  At the second store, the $5 off coupon took $10 off and when I look this morning the $5 is still available.

What.

with stuff like the Xbox One Wireless Controller PUR coupon (60k), do you get to pick which available color you want, or is it coded just for the standard black?
Don't know about the XBOX one controller but I used it on a PS4 Dualshock 1 month ago and on the coupon it says redeemable for only a certain SKU # which unfortunately is the standard black.

This is why i always use my PUR card instead of giving them my phone number..... I see it way too often the employee says " I can look it up by your phone number" and people give it with other people waiting in line behind them. Now i know most people are honest, but it only takes 1 person to screw you over and steal your preorders.
Yeah I didn't do the phone number thing...I didn't even know that was possible. I always pay with my pur card and it doesn't leave my hand unless they need to enter the security code. I have a feeling either the guy that did it originally messed it up royally or an employee saw months have passed and either took it for themselves or deleted it thinking it was a mistake.

Yeah I didn't do the phone number thing...I didn't even know that was possible. I always pay with my pur card and it doesn't leave my hand unless they need to enter the security code. I have a feeling either the guy that did it originally messed it up royally or an employee saw months have passed and either took it for themselves or deleted it thinking it was a mistake.
then some employee took your preorder. the only other way is if your pur card is in the hands of someone else.

the other thing i hated is the employees, who keeps telling me how much i have left on my card, on sunday night, with all the sketchy people in the store, in a not so good neighborhood, when i went to picked up some $0.99 games from the gs b2g1. the employee said after handing my receipt( he said it really loud, like he was giving an commence speech through a microphone), i still have $400 on my card.it is basically, saying "hey, rob that guy who has $400 on his card".

Press them for more info. They have to have some sort of record of your item being picked up. Does your PUR history say anything online?

the perks of being a regular also help I know all the employees by face but I guess in the holiday season I would be careful giving your phone number out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back