GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always count on Gamestop for pre-orders of CE games and LE consoles.  Other than those two things, gamestop trading is basically dead to me.   I have no clue what's worth trading there anymore since they stopped the trading promos.

You can always count on Gamestop for pre-orders of CE games and LE consoles. Other than those two things, gamestop trading is basically dead to me. I have no clue what's worth trading there anymore since they stopped the trading promos.
Oh yes, forgot about the exclusives that they bump up over MSRP.

And Kongregate coupons. :whee:
Even those suck now, the last one did not work on gift cards.

I miss the old trade-in promos. RIP 50% trade-in bonus on all items coupon for renewing PUR. That in combination with 4x ATT S4(covered my ETF), Ipads, and Xbox 360 consoles is how I have gamestop credit to this day. I even learned about the $1000 cap on trade-in cards lol.

I miss the old trade-in promos. RIP 50% trade-in bonus on all items coupon for renewing PUR. That in combination with 4x ATT S4(covered my ETF), Ipads, and Xbox 360 consoles is how I have gamestop credit to this day. I even learned about the $1000 cap on trade-in cards lol.
Yeah, but it was still great for getting things like Amiibos/Skylanders/DI that never go on sale and stacking it with the 50% off strategy guide sale that happened at the same time.

Not going to happen. The promos are all but dead. The day of reckoning has finally come for me. I've run out of Gamestop credit now. When I made my last purchase with my credit card, my manager commented to me, "wow this is first. Not sure if I should card you now."

When I got back into my car I started sobbing like a baby.
I am getting there. I got a New 3DS preordered, and Majora's Mask. After that, I'm going to sit on my credit for a little bit, and see if anything good is going to get released this year. I got a lot more Amazon now, so I will probably order from there for the next little bit.

I gotta give props to my guys at my local store. They got a copy of Xenoblade traded in yesterday, and I hit the Hold for Pickup when I saw it this morning. I go in and the Assistant Manager says "I was cussing that thing beeping, then I saw it was you, and I'm glad you finally got that thing so you can stop bitching about how it's $75 on eBay. I was gonna hold it for you and call you anyways, but I know you've been looking for it"

What's the next rare game I am looking for?

Hopefully the next time Best Buy runs a b2g1 there will be some decent credit movers. I don't buy much there but it's nice to have for the occasional deal and the better GS to Amazon flips.

dr-evil-crying1.gif
vma-crying-1.gif

Hopefully the next time Best Buy runs a b2g1 there will be some decent credit movers. I don't buy much there but it's nice to have for the occasional deal and the better GS to Amazon flips.
It's really damn hard to find decent credit movers, but it's still possible. The guaranteed $40 games are usually the best credit movers out there considering BBY usually has them on sale for $40 before GS's value expires. Too bad we haven't had one of those since Dragon Age Inquisition.

Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS is a decent BBY to GS mover if you're really struggling for credit.

i kinda hate their new pos system. on the receipt it doesn't show what my previous balance was, along with my purchase amount. it only shows what my current balance is, after my purchase. i have to actually do some math additions to see if things add up

i kinda hate their new pos system. on the receipt it doesn't show what my previous balance was, along with my purchase amount. it only shows what my current balance is, after my purchase. i have to actually do some math additions to see if things add up
OH NO, NOT MATH!

fear-2.jpg

I went through the same thing Monday, it's still on there, but it's higher up on the receipt.

I'm thinking it's up closer to what you traded or bought, rather than broken out at the bottom like it used to be.

Also, the app takes longer to update your trade credit than it used to, but the website is pretty quick.

Looking at the Power Up rewards coupons it says it isnt able to be used on DLC (I am looking at just the straight $X off).

I was hoping to use some points to get one of those coupons and buy a digital code for Guilty Gear Xrd.. is that not possible?

*edit*

Just realized those are good for in store only. This is why I only shop at Best Buy now haha

Edit: Nevermind. 360 Kinect nets you, at most, 5 bucks. That's a rip off for sure. Everything else htough, for the games I have, they give a pretty fair value for them so I'll likely just dump them at GS because BB offers even less TIV for a lot of these.

had 1200 bucks on gift cards back at thanksgiving . Was worried about having that much at gamestop so took it and pushed them all to amazon. Yea its all at one place but at least amazon will be around a lot longer then gamestop, and already blew 400 of it on xmas gifts

Has anyone noticed if Madden 15's used price dropped since Wednesday? The new price is now $39.99, but Gamestop.com doesn't list the used price.

Has anyone noticed if Madden 15's used price dropped since Wednesday? The new price is now $39.99, but Gamestop.com doesn't list the used price.

Pre owned ps4, xb1, PS3, and 360 are all gone in my area, I'm shocked.
Maybe they just hid 'em for the time the new copies are on sale? But if the used copies really sold out...what's this? People are getting smart about buying sports games some months down the road? I'll be...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9293]

Maybe they just hid 'em for the time the new copies are on sale? But if the used copies really sold out...what's this? People are getting smart about buying sports games some months down the road? I'll be...

Yeah, but they are not smart because football games always tank after the super...I mean "American professional football championship".

For those who got in on the $20 Dying Light PS4 glitch on monday, PSN just sent out notifications to all PS4s who got the code with a free season pass.  Didn't come via email, had to turn on my PS4 and redeem the code in there.  Game + SP for $20, awesome.

For those who got in on the $20 Dying Light PS4 glitch on monday, PSN just sent out notifications to all PS4s who got the code with a free season pass. Didn't come via email, had to turn on my PS4 and redeem the code in there. Game + SP for $20, awesome.
Still have the game I assume? Guess I can reconnect my PS4 then.

It's a sale on new copies only. Used are normal price.

Ultimate Editions are $40 new also if you want those 31 MUT packs (4 at redemption, then 3 per week for 9 weeks.)

I was looking at picking up some old DS games but they are still at about $20 each used. 

I feel like they have had promos lately for such games and I should probably hold off until a sale comes around?

DOUBLE POST, this thread is pretty dead compared to what these used to be like years ago. What a shame Gamestop.

That being said I definitely was suckered into the new 3DSXL haha. I really like the guys at the one store and the manager is super nice. He actually set up his own display right next to the registered and was working on it when I got there for the 3DS and he is like, wanna check it out? And damn. It feels so much nicer and that little c-nub actually works pretty well. Nothing for crazy precision but for basic camera and other functionality I really like it. I scoured some old DS games and other things then and counting the 3DS XL trade in I would be looking at spending ~ $75 to upgrade and I am really tempted. 

That being said though, do you guys know if they take the Circle Pad Pro for trade in? It isn't on their site as a possibility so I would imagine probably not but didn't know if any of you had any further info. Thanks : )

*EDIT*

Just checked the OP, which I should have done first I know I know, and it looks like almost 2 years ago the Circle Pad Pro was bringing in a whopping $1.50 .... damn. : /

I would've been too had I not seen him(?) mention BBY trade value. BBY credit>GS
I agree with you that BB credit is better to have, but a few of us are running low on GS credit because of the drought there. It's nice to have some for random deals/LEs/etc.

Feb PUR coupon: bonus $50 when you trade in xbox one or PS4. current TIV are 150/225 respectively before bonus
Heh, at least that explains why the base "tanked" over the past few days.

I would've been too had I not seen him(?) mention BBY trade value. BBY credit>GS
Yeah, I mentioned that. The fact that BBY doesn't require the controller with console trade-in means I'd come out slightly ahead when all is said and done by trading in the console + other stuff to BBY and the DualShock 4 to GS. I was also planning on trading in GTA V to GS at $30 base, but BBY's $35 base is making me seriously rethink that...

EDIT:

I agree with you that BB credit is better to have, but a few of us are running low on GS credit because of the drought there. It's nice to have some for random deals/LEs/etc.
At the very least, I'm trading in the DS4 for $33 after PUR. There's a BBY in my area that still lets me buy prepaid Visas with BBY gift cards, so that makes BBY credit a bit more important to me than GS credit despite the latter being low.

I remember the days of having way more GS credit than I needed. Now I have like $15. It's crazy.

what have you guys been buying at GS, i made like $800 over the summer trading stuff around and have spent like $30 of that in the past 3 months on some minor zelda stuff.  almost all my money has been going to BBY (MM 3ds XL  + game, Claptrap Borderlands edition, ton of new games, etc).  I guess maybe if you buy Amiibo's?

i don't buy ps3/360/wii/ds games anymore though so maybe thats the difference too.

what have you guys been buying at GS, i made like $800 over the summer trading stuff around and have spent like $30 of that in the past 3 months on some minor zelda stuff. almost all my money has been going to BBY (MM 3ds XL + game, Claptrap Borderlands edition, ton of new games, etc). I guess maybe if you buy Amiibo's?

i don't buy ps3/360/wii/ds games anymore though so maybe thats the difference too.
Flips to BBY and Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back