GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Gamestop is making their used prices almost as high as new prices. Its funny how bad they want to put them self out of business. ]

Its funny, they charge you more for used but give you less for the trade in lol

They did the same thing with Destiny. it was $57 for a week or 2 after the game came out.

Plus we all use the B-day coupon, so we would pay like $40 for it.

FYI the NN3DS XL (all 4 versions) are sold out at GS and the website nationwide and GS has no idea when they'll have more inventory available.

So if you were waiting to do the trade in deal and didn't already have a preorder, you're screwed as the bonus only lasts through close of business on Sunday.

Plus we all use the B-day coupon, so we would pay like $40 for it.
But what about
soccer_mom.jpg
?

They don't know about the b-day coupon. They now have to pay more to get Lil Jimmy a new game to play. Shame on GS for preying on the weak.

I'm not seeing that option on mobile does that only show on desktop?
Looks like it.

edit :

I was referring to the app ... where I don't see it.

You can still find it on the mobile web site, it's under 'Digitial Stuff' or just search for : $3

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

slowdive21, on 26 Dec 2014 - 6:58 PM, said:

I just found a receipt for a fully paid? 40.xx preorder of Mario kart on wiiu from March that I never picked up. When I check the app, it says I have no reservations. Can I just go in and cancel the preorder and get my 40, or do I have to pick it up, then return it?
In case anyone cares. I went to this store and the manager couldn't find the preorder in the system. Then he typed in some numbers from my receipt and he found the transaction. Then he said the game was already out when I preordered it. The receipt is from 3/31/14 and Mario Kart 8 on wiiu released in May IIRC. Then he said I already picked up the game or someone else picked it up for me (which I didn't think would be possible without a signature). When I insisted that is not possible, he then gave me an 800 number to call.

:wall:
So the saga continues. It took me 2.5 hours to get a chat rep. He confirmed that someone did pick up my preorder and he filled out a form for the dm. He wouldnt give me the dm's info, but he at least gave me a reference number. I also asked for a copy of all of my transactions and the details of when the order was picked up. He said he doesn't have that.

Oh and the location my preorder was at has now closed, so I am not even sure if anyone i've dealt with even works for Gs anymore.

If I don't hear from the DM, I guess my only recourse if theft charges with the police?

So the saga continues. It took me 2.5 hours to get a chat rep. He confirmed that someone did pick up my preorder and he filled out a form for the dm. He wouldnt give me the dm's info, but he at least gave me a reference number. I also asked for a copy of all of my transactions and the details of when the order was picked up. He said he doesn't have that.

Oh and the location my preorder was at has now closed, so I am not even sure if anyone i've dealt with even works for Gs anymore.

If I don't hear from the DM, I guess my only recourse if theft charges with the police?
I have never had to show ID when picking up a preorder, I usually just give them my phone number and they use that to look up my preorder. Anybody who knows your phone number could have stolen your preorder.

I wouldn't go to the police with this, because they probably won't be able to do anything. I would keep following up with GameStop though.

You will probably get nowhere with the police. They can fill out a report or whatever, but the likelihood of them being able to get your money back is zilch.

Your best case is that the DM will give you a gift card for the amount. They can gift gift cards, at their discretion, for any reason, and send it to any store.

If the DM is a dickhead, just ask the person you talk to on the phone who your lawyer can contact to resolve this issue. Be prepared to back that up. I know it's just $40, but you work too hard for that money, and if you got fucked, it needs to go back in your pocket.

That's why I don't use my phone number when I'm at GameStop. I always hand them my card since other people can hear what your number is.  You never know these days especially since I normally have like $500 trade credit and a few preorders on my account.  Better safe than sorry.

If I were to trade in a 250GB PS3 and 320GB Xbox 360 towards a PS4, would both yield the $125 value or would it be one at $125 and other at base value?
I don't see anything in the fine print as to whether or not you would get $125 for one or both systems. I guess the best way to find out would be to call a store and ask.

Here's the skinny from the trade values page about it:

* LEGAL - PS3/XBOX 360 TRADE TOWARD NEW PS4

Credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS4. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 2/9/15 through 3/1/15
In case folks are scratching their heads about what this is about and since it wasn't officially mentioned, this is an ongoing trade promo at the moment:

320x260_PS4_trade.jpg

So I used a couple of $ off coupons on my Dying Light purchase, but only the higher value coupon disappeared from my offers...did I luck out? Or will the $15 off coupon disappear any time now? (It's been like 3 hours and it is still there)

Thanks!

So I used a couple of $ off coupons on my Dying Light purchase, but only the higher value coupon disappeared from my offers...did I luck out? Or will the $15 off coupon disappear any time now? (It's been like 3 hours and it is still there)

Thanks!
old coupon glitch that means they didnt have the new POS on the register. you will keep the other coupons

old coupon glitch that means they didnt have the new POS on the register. you will keep the other coupons
Yeah I have like 5 different receipts from today (trade ins, purchases and 1 return)...the employee had to jump to different registers for one of the transactions...but anyways, from what I've noticed the receipt with the coupon "glitch" seems to be the old register (light font on the receipt) & the other receipts have a bolder, darker font & the format is a bit different too. You probably know this already but I thought I would share

Can I still get $30 credit if I trade-in my semi-broken launch PS3 30 GB? I plan to buy a PS3 slim unless someone has a better idea. Thanks.

I've been really wanting to finally get a Wii U. I see on GameStop.com there is one for $270 with Rayman Legends, Sonic, and Scribblenauts. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of these and the kind of condition these Wii U really come in and if there is any ways to sweeten up this deal more (signing up for PowerUp Rewards or anything?) or if there is an even better deal out there?

I've been really wanting to finally get a Wii U. I see on GameStop.com there is one for $270 with Rayman Legends, Sonic, and Scribblenauts. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of these and the kind of condition these Wii U really come in and if there is any ways to sweeten up this deal more (signing up for PowerUp Rewards or anything?) or if there is an even better deal out there?
its obviously going to depend on the individual console you can always ask to see it out of the box before buying it. Deal isnt terrible, you could always wait and hope for something better

Lately there's been quite a few deals on the Super Mario 3D World bundle on Ebay and a couple of other retailers for around $270-280. For $270 I'd be more apt to get a brand new unit instead of a used. Definitely ask to see the console before you buy :) Rayman Legends is an awesome game, as is scribblenauts!

Any ideas when the next B2G1 might be (if they ever do a traditional one again)?

Thinking of stocking up on DS games and using the birthday coupon would get suspicious by like the third game.

Nintendo sells Refurbished 32GB ones for around $200 in their online store.https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ They are currently out of stock, but they appear pretty often.

Several people have bought them and they usually come in excellent shape.

Also, like Katsumi said, they are $270 on eBay all the time with 3D World and Nintendoland.

I'm not saying that Gamestop deal is horrible, but there are deals that are just as good for brand new or Nintendo refurbished products.

I know there was a garbage one around BF (and Christmas?). Are they done with these sales now?
They haven't done a regular one (no restrictions) in over a year. There were the garbage ones with horrible restrictions around Christmas, yes. The traditional ones are no longer free. You usually buy them now with Power Up Rewards points. The last one was 15,000 points a few months ago.

Any ideas when the next B2G1 might be (if they ever do a traditional one again)?

Thinking of stocking up on DS games and using the birthday coupon would get suspicious by like the third game.
I have been grabbing decent ds games when I see them. I use the bday coupon every time and they have never said anything thing, they probably know and just dont care

Is there anything worth buying (maybe to flip) with a $15 off coupon?

From what I've seen, the only logical move is adding another year of PUR PRO to my membership (but I'm already good until 08/2016)

And right on queue, $260 from buy on ebay.com :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/161600397147?rmvSB=true

I have been grabbing decent ds games when I see them. I use the bday coupon every time and they have never said anything thing, they probably know and just dont care
I recently jumped back on the DS train and have nothing besides my Pokemon games. My local GS actually has some great titles and with the 20% it's way cheaper than eBay or Amazon. I might just grab a DS game every week or so with the 20%. I know some of the non-Mario ones are going to become rare in a hurry (eventually )like GBA games did.

Update. I talked to the DM, he said he researched and it was supposed to be a "silver cushion?" (gamestop term-like you are finding money in the couch cushion) where they cancel the preorder and give the money back. He wasn't sure why it didn't go back on my balance automatically. He is mailing me a $50 GC, though I was due back 40.xx for the game anyway.

Jumped on that $125 guaranteed after tradin' in my 360. Combined that with all my store credit and paid $10.96 for a PS4! Didn't plan on gettin' one for at least another year, but I couldn't pass that promotion up. Thought I was gonna be sittin' on that store credit forever.

Got the best of both worlds now with The Triple and PS4 :bouncy:

Sooner or later DS and Wii shit(at least, most of it is shit) will be on B2G1. Then B2G2 and so on down to 75% off all of it.
Pretty much.

There will be a few worthwhile titles, but there are a lot of truly shitty Wii games.

The saddest part will be some kid thinks that Chicken Shoot for 75% off is a good deal.

Any idea what the old 3DS XL is going for in trade now that the promo is over?  Trying to decide if it's worth return-rebuy when my Monster Hunter 3DS arrives later today or if it's just better to sell it elsewhere.  The values for them are pretty depressed now, though

SI

Any idea what the old 3DS XL is going for in trade now that the promo is over? Trying to decide if it's worth return-rebuy when my Monster Hunter 3DS arrives later today or if it's just better to sell it elsewhere. The values for them are pretty depressed now, though

SI
Just tried and can confirm $70. ended up just risking my life with craigslist and posting mine for $100 for a black/blue one and surprising got a lot of responses. lowest offer was $80 for a brother's "birthday".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back