GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
what features does the new POS have and is there a quick way to tell if a register is up to date?

also I thought the coupon glitch was fixed?  If not how does it work if I want to return items bought online?

what features does the new POS have and is there a quick way to tell if a register is up to date?

also I thought the coupon glitch was fixed? If not how does it work if I want to return items bought online?
i think it(software/interface) looks totally different, even on the pin pad*
*not confirmed, just something I think I remember..

Well you can buy 3 games at once without the hassle of trying to use the Bday coupon 3 times. Also you can stack the Bday coupon if after the discount on one another game is still less to get free.
what? Do you mean if say two games are 40 bucks and ones 50, I can stack bday to make the 50 lower?

also I thought the coupon glitch was fixed? If not how does it work if I want to return items bought online?
There are more graphics on the touch pad and the ads rotate periodically. Don't remember the specific content though.

Yes, under the new POS, the glitch has been fixed.

Not sure what your question is about online purchasing. You've never been able to use PUR coupons online as I recall. If you're talking about return/rebuy, I've done it before no problem but not under the new POS.

I dont know but i just went to 3 diferent gamestops and the coupon glitch works. Ending getting persona Q (new), majora's mask (new), and drive club (used), for 85,000 points and $19 credit. I still have one $15.00 coupon left that i used 3 diferent times and stills there.

What's the best coupons to try to use for the glitch (not sure which $ amounts work)?  I have over 100,000 points atm. also do multiple coupons have to be used or just redeemed on account?

I think the hardest thing will be identifying if a register is updated pos or not.  I know one register at a gs is as it is actually stationed in front of the counter and see it is touchscreen.

At my store it's the one where the guy says "I know you got something preordered, but this piece of crap won't let me see it. Let me go get the hot chick or move you to the other register."

What's the best coupons to try to use for the glitch (not sure which $ amounts work)? I have over 100,000 points atm. also do multiple coupons have to be used or just redeemed on account?

I think the hardest thing will be identifying if a register is updated pos or not. I know one register at a gs is as it is actually stationed in front of the counter and see it is touchscreen.
Ah damn, totally forgot about this (even though I posted earlier). I should have taken a pic of the new POS screen but didn't.

The other way to figure it out is that the format of the receipt is much different. The new one has more sectioned areas whereas the old ones are mostly lines of text.

Anyhow, to the poster who asked about the PUR strategy guide coupon, I noticed that the coupon now says $20 off strategy guide vs. before, it said free guide (under $20). So there should be no question that it should work on any guide and that you'd get the max $20 off. I just picked up the MM 3DS CE guide (only one left in my driving range) and ended up with it for $12.50 w/tax after PUR coupons ($20) and discounts (10%).

If you have access to the old POS, best way to use it as the previous poster: Get the $50, $25, $15. If it's done correctly, you'll get to use it per the following:

transaction #1 - $50/$25/$15 = $85 off

transaction #2 - $25/$15 = $35 off

transaction #3 - $15 off

So you'd basically get $135 off for only 85k points. I was able to do this once before all of my local stores went to the new POS. Jealous for those who still have access to the old POS.

One more thing that's probably obvious to most: do not try to do all three or even two transactions at one store unless you're reps are super cool. Even though I'm cool with my main store, I didn't even attempt to do this there. I did all single transactions and different stores on different days.

EDIT: bad math

The employee @ Gamestop would not let me stack the birthday coupon with a $5 off a used game coupon. No biggie since I might return Killzone Shadowfall if the multiplayer is not that fun.

On the bright side, I redeemed the points towards a free Pokemon booster pack. I guess the new packs have a different SKU, so he had to do an overwrite & I still have the coupon in my account :) man, Gamestop just keeps on giving lol

Ah damn, totally forgot about this (even though I posted earlier). I should have taken a pic of the new POS screen but didn't.

The other way to figure it out is that the format of the receipt is much different. The new one has more sectioned areas whereas the old ones are mostly lines of text.

Anyhow, to the poster who asked about the PUR strategy guide coupon, I noticed that the coupon now says $20 off strategy guide vs. before, it said free guide (under $20). So there should be no question that it should work on any guide and that you'd get the max $20 off. I just picked up the MM 3DS CE guide (only one left in my driving range) and ended up with it for $12.50 w/tax after PUR coupons ($20) and discounts (10%).

If you have access to the old POS, best way to use it as the previous poster: Get the $50, $25, $15. If it's done correctly, you'll get to use it per the following:

transaction #1 - $50/$25/$15 = $85 off

transaction #2 - $25/$15 = $35 off

transaction #3 - $15 off

So you'd basically get $135 off for only 85k points. I was able to do this once before all of my local stores went to the new POS. Jealous for those who still have access to the old POS.

One more thing that's probably obvious to most: do not try to do all three or even two transactions at one store unless you're reps are super cool. Even though I'm cool with my main store, I didn't even attempt to do this there. I did all single transactions and different stores on different days.

EDIT: bad math
I need to figure out which stores/registers have newer pos. I should be able to tell if I look at the receipts I have, but not sure if a store may have only 1 of the new ones. Not sure if it's ease to tell which register was used by looking at receipt.

I also was thinking of getting the MM CE guide but at BB with 50% off coupon. On pur the reward still has it as "One Free Strategy Guide (Up to $20 Value)". Did the actual pdf coupon update to $20 off?

Now to get back on the main reason I'm quoting, do you know if the order the coupons are ordered on pur matters? What about the order the coupons are scanned in a transaction?

When the glitch "works" ie coupon still shown in active offers, it's a new bar code as if another order for $X off was made?

And last set of questions. Can a $50, $25, $15, $10, and $5 off be used in same transaction? Would ordering another coupon ($50 off for ex) after your example transaction 1 affect anything?

What is this coupon glitch? Printing out a $15 off coupon or something, using it then it will still show up under active offers? Then you'd be able to use it again using your mobile device?

What is this coupon glitch? Printing out a $15 off coupon or something, using it then it will still show up under active offers? Then you'd be able to use it again using your mobile device?
no, you need to get TWO money off ANY item coupon. for example i had 100.000 points on my two accounts. i got one $15 off and one $25 off. you buy a game and use BOTH coupons in the same transaction. the highest coupon will disappear and the lowest will stay there. in this case the $25 will disappear and the $15 will stay there. for example, i started with 100.000 points and the $15 off coupon is the same i got in the FIRST transaction.

1: $25 + $15 = FREE Majora`s Mask ($40). 60.000 points left

2: $25 + $15 (is exactly the same coupon) + $10 credit = Persona Q ($50.00). 35.000 points left

3: $25 + $15 (stills the same coupon) + $9 credit = Drive Club ($45). 10.000 points left

4: $10 + $15 (the last use) + $4.50 credit = Neptunia Re;birth 2 ($30). ZERO points left

that's how i spent my points and i still have the $10 from the last transaction because the $15 that i used 4 times was higher so in this case the one i still have is the $10. i hope this example helps.

before others get crazy about it, keep in mind its very YMMV: only older registers allow it (newer ones will just use up all your coupons) and many employees will not use more than 1 coupon per order.

before others get crazy about it, keep in mind its very YMMV: only older registers allow it (newer ones will just use up all your coupons) and many employees will not use more than 1 coupon per order.
I believe the problem I used to run into was employees who where not willing to scan two coupons in the same transaction. It is definitely a YMMV situation for a couple reasons ;)

lots of people talk about new and older registers but i went to FOUR different gamestops and had no problems at all. seems like the "new" registers are hard to find i guess. just one guy told me they can`t use more than one coupon so i did show him this "Two coupons of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but two different denominations may be used. (Ex. two $10 Coupons can’t be used on one game, but a $10 and a $25 coupon can be used.)". so yeah, they have to do it.

this has been my experience. Most have allowed up to three different denominations of $off ANY purchase. That is why there is that 3 coupon "limit" as I believe it's in the small print on the coupon.

lots of people talk about new and older registers but i went to FOUR different gamestops and had no problems at all. seems like the "new" registers are hard to find i guess. just one guy told me they can`t use more than one coupon so i did show him this "Two coupons of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but two different denominations may be used. (Ex. two $10 Coupons can’t be used on one game, but a $10 and a $25 coupon can be used.)". so yeah, they have to do it.
Where did you find this printed ?

I've mentioned it before already but the stores in my district are in the process of updating all registers with the new POS. Up until that point, only one register at every store was updated to use the new POS. It varies by district but in my area, every register is to be updated by the end of this month.

I cashed out on all of my points. I'm hoping there's some glitch and the new POS will carry the glitch over somehow but by the looks of it, it'll be forever patched.

no, you need to get TWO money off ANY item coupon. for example i had 100.000 points on my two accounts. i got one $15 off and one $25 off. you buy a game and use BOTH coupons in the same transaction. the highest coupon will disappear and the lowest will stay there. in this case the $25 will disappear and the $15 will stay there. for example, i started with 100.000 points and the $15 off coupon is the same i got in the FIRST transaction.

1: $25 + $15 = FREE Majora`s Mask ($40). 60.000 points left
2: $25 + $15 (is exactly the same coupon) + $10 credit = Persona Q ($50.00). 35.000 points left
3: $25 + $15 (stills the same coupon) + $9 credit = Drive Club ($45). 10.000 points left
4: $10 + $15 (the last use) + $4.50 credit = Neptunia Re;birth 2 ($30). ZERO points left

that's how i spent my points and i still have the $10 from the last transaction because the $15 that i used 4 times was higher so in this case the one i still have is the $10. i hope this example helps.
Darn it. I used my $25 off coupon recently and only have the $15 off coupon now. Thanks for the explanation. That's awesome but with my luck, I wouldn't be able to pull it off especially since my gamestop's full of detectives

local stores no longer have TMobile prepaid cards, think it was posted here that they no longer ring up at the register. anyone know why?
I can take a guess. Tmobile doesn't like their prepaid service sold at a discount. They discontinued discounts at nearly every outlet about 6 months ago. I was there when they pulled the tmobile cards at Gs, it was during the 3/$10 sale.

It seems GameStop no longer gives out 30% trade coupon when store closes. A store near me closed last week and here's what I got in my active offers:

[attachment=12677:GS.png]

Too bad it won't work on consoles.

Yesterday during trade in the SCR told me the system says I have already exceeded my trade in limit.

I have roughly 70,000 points total, so that's about $3,500 trade in since December 2014.

A quick questions, how long will the ban be?  1 month? or 1 year? or ...forever?

On another note, I was still able to buy games from GS yesterday.  I even used that 20% coupon.  I checked my account and it still shows the points I have.  So looks like I just can't do trade in.  Please advise, thank you in advance!

Went and traded in a bunch of older Wii games and Pokemon X & Y to get Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Dying Light. Then I got into this interesting conversation with the sales guy and manager about Game Capture cards. 

Asked the guy for recommendations on a Game Capture card so I can stream from ps3 and Wii U. They were confused as to what it was at first, I gave them some examples: Roxio, Elegato, etc. The sales guy said "Oh what you need is a Radeon R9 to stream into Sony Vegas then put it into Twitch." I told him in responsive that "I think I might have said something wrong. I'm looking for a game capture card, not a graphics card." The manager laughed and said, "Radeon is a game capture card. You plug it in using your hookup, probably using HDMI. If you have a Mac use Final Cut Pro to stream into it, because you can't just stream to Twitch." The sales guy then said in this cocky tone, "Again, I'm gonna have to recommend Radeon R9." Confused, I said thank you anyway and then left.

Am I off? I can't tell if I missed something or if it's really that I have no clue what I'm talking about at this point.

Please advise, thank you in advance!
Really depends on what you did. If you want over the 4 copy rule and got flagged, it's probably along the lines of 3 ish months. If you went hardcore and that $3500 in trades was all from multiplws of a single game, probably more so a year or life.

Really depends on what you did. If you want over the 4 copy rule and got flagged, it's probably along the lines of 3 ish months. If you went hardcore and that $3500 in trades was all from multiplws of a single game, probably more so a year or life.
The 4 copy limit is usually the reason since people go overboard but in this guy's case, I'm pretty sure it's because he got flagged due to sheer volume. Somebody said that the threshold in one month was believed to be $1,000. The system flags you as a dealer which is against their TOS.

currently playing the order and am 5 hours in with quite a few chapters to go, I am playing on hard and also looking for coolectibles not as short as I thought

They're not going to stop you from spending money haha
If you get banned they may stop you from doing returns though. YMMV but that happened to me at certain stores. May have been at more stores and the other two I go to just didn't care or could have been a district decision.

Yesterday during trade in the SCR told me the system says I have already exceeded my trade in limit.

I have roughly 70,000 points total, so that's about $3,500 trade in since December 2014.

A quick questions, how long will the ban be? 1 month? or 1 year? or ...forever?

On another note, I was still able to buy games from GS yesterday. I even used that 20% coupon. I checked my account and it still shows the points I have. So looks like I just can't do trade in. Please advise, thank you in advance!
What have you been trading in? Inquiring minds want to know!

currently playing the order and am 5 hours in with quite a few chapters to go, I am playing on hard and also looking for coolectibles not as short as I thought
I just finished it last night. Took about 9ish hours on hard but was a fairly easy platinum. I enjoyed it and thought even though some parts dragged a bit that the reviews were little harsh. What do you think of it so far?

I just finished it last night. Took about 9ish hours on hard but was a fairly easy platinum. I enjoyed it and thought even though some parts dragged a bit that the reviews were little harsh. What do you think of it so far?
enjoying it, the story doesnt really seem fleshed out but its solid

Don't buy The Order anymore. If you want to play it rent it from Redbox for $3. You will finish it by the next night.
Huh. I bought mine on release day, am taking a pretty decent pace (skipped two days during the week) and didn't finish it. I very much prefer to savor games instead of rushing and wasting an entire day on it.

Sigh shitty Gamestop PUR coupons this month

3/31/2015  Get Pre-owned 20GB External Hard Drive with Pre-Owned Original Xbox 360 Purchase
3/31/2015  10% extra credit when you sell us your smartphone, tablet and more
3/14/2015  $10 Off Turtle Beach X12 Headset (Xbox 360)

Hoping to god next month is better or there is a 3/15-3/31 that makes it all better.

Sigh shitty Gamestop PUR coupons this month

3/31/2015 Get Pre-owned 20GB External Hard Drive with Pre-Owned Original Xbox 360 Purchase
3/31/2015 10% extra credit when you sell us your smartphone, tablet and more
3/14/2015 $10 Off Turtle Beach X12 Headset (Xbox 360)

Hoping to god next month is better or there is a 3/15-3/31 that makes it all better.
These coupons have been pretty terrible besides the free headset glitch at the start. I wouldnt hope for to much form these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back