GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh shitty Gamestop PUR coupons most months
FTFY

These coupons have been pretty terrible besides the free headset glitch at the start. I wouldnt hope for to much form these.
Ironically I had forgotten all about that headset until I found it in a box this week and opened it since my better headset's mic is garbage. It's not great but actually significantly better than I expected.

The Vita trade coupon was my personal favorite though. That was also when you could still renew and get it and two B2G1 coupons.

Did they do away with the PUR Steal of the Week coupons? I'm guessing they have since they introduced those shitty coupons everyone gets every month.

I traded in a few games and got $142 in trade in credit. well I bought a new 3ds and pokemon omega ruby. Well when I got home I noticed the cashier didn't ring up the pokemon game. Is this some sort of promotion or did I get lucky?

I traded in a few games and got $142 in trade in credit. well I bought a new 3ds and pokemon omega ruby. Well when I got home I noticed the cashier didn't ring up the pokemon game. Is this some sort of promotion or did I get lucky?
You should probably go back to the store and have them check.

I don't know if this is the right place to his post but... Gamestop rebuying back the Playstation 2??

Source:

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

If you look at the bottom or middle right of the page it clearly says "Buying back the Playstation 2"  Typo? Glitch?

Considering they stopped doing that for 2 years now, this is a surprise.  Perhaps they are testing the waters of rebuying back Retro systems?

Edit v2.0 - YES, its confirmed! Based on here

http://kotaku.com/i-picked-the-wrong-time-to-buy-a-used-playstation-2-1688898670

Gamestop is buying it back! Rejoice!

I don't know if this is the right place to his post but... Gamestop rebuying back the Playstation 2??

Source:

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

If you look at the bottom or middle right of the page it clearly says "Buying back the Playstation 2" Typo? Glitch?

Considering they stopped doing that for 2 years now, this is a surprise. Perhaps they are testing the waters of rebuying back Retro systems?
Not a glitch. I guess there is demand for it since it's the only place you can play PS2 games (with the exception of a few PS3 models). $25 for system+coords+controller. $20 for system only.

Not a glitch. I guess there is demand for it since it's the only place you can play PS2 games (with the exception of a few PS3 models). $25 for system+coords+controller. $20 for system only.
Is there another 10% if you have pro or pur or whatever they call the paid membership now?

I have 8-10 ps2s from garage sales that I haven't even touched. I wonder if they have a different price for the fats vs slims.

If no one tries it before this evening, I have a PS3 controller I was going to be trading in (BB TIV dropped from $15 to $0 overnight Thursday night/Friday morning) and I will give the coupon a try.

$20 system only isn't bad at all for fats, I had like 8 of them at one time last year. I sold them online but shipping was like $30 so I wish I still had them. Definitely will give GS a few if the value holds in a few months.

$20 system only isn't bad at all for fats, I had like 8 of them at one time last year. I sold them online but shipping was like $30 so I wish I still had them. Definitely will give GS a few if the value holds in a few months.
How did shipping cost you more than $12?

That is the cost of a Large Flat Rate Priority Mail Flat Rate Box. You can fit at least 2 fat PS2s in one.

You don't need a coupon do you?
No, I have a coupon from my PUR account, though I was just mentioning that I was going there anyway and can't complain about trying to get another $1.40 on a trade-in when it's likely the only hardware I'll be trading to GS anytime this month.

It doesn't say anything on the PS2 trade in info about the system must work. I have a back up Slim that still powers up, but I can't get video. Was keeping to harvest parts, but for $25. I wonder if they'll plug it in if I take it to trade.

It doesn't say anything on the PS2 trade in info about the system must work. I have a back up Slim that still powers up, but I can't get video. Was keeping to harvest parts, but for $25. I wonder if they'll plug it in if I take it to trade.
Uuuuumm...yeah they will. You might be able to dump it off there but if you know how to dissect the hardware...

They'll probably charge you a $25 refurb fee...

Gamestop has, in the past and may still, taken consoles that have issues. I got rid of 2 original Xboxes and 1 launch 360 in this manner. They usually charge a fee to refurbish the unit, but they've still taken them.

I don't game on consoles or frequent Gamestops nearly as much as I used to, hence the post/question.

The ps2 is just a visual check before it is sent to be refurbished so if your ps2 doesnt work you can trade it in, how ever broken ps2 fats sell for more on ebay

anyone else get a message to reset password when trying to signin?

Password Reset

To help keep your account secure, we routinely examine and update our global security procedures. Recently, we have strengthened our customer password requirements and are now asking you to please change your GameStop password at this time so you can continue to gain access to your GameStop account.

Password Reset

To help keep your account secure, we routinely examine and update our global security procedures. Recently, we have strengthened our customer password requirements and are now asking you to please change your GameStop password at this time so you can continue to gain access to your GameStop account.
Just tried to sign in and it let me so I didn't get it.

Password Reset

Just tried to sign in and it let me so I didn't get it.
I got the message a couple days ago when I signed in on the computer. I went ahead and changed it. Wonder if they're just starting this and not everybody has gotten it. It doesn't hurt to change passwords occasionally though.

original.jpg

I got the message a couple days ago when I signed in on the computer. I went ahead and changed it. Wonder if they're just starting this and not everybody has gotten it. It doesn't hurt to change passwords occasionally though.
I got it today. Changed it so I don't get nagged further.

I imagine that may be all they do to test it as GS doesn't have PS2 games to test the system with anymore. Most stores don't have movies either.

Probably will just see if the PS2 goes to the system menu.

Hey guys,

Employees will only need to visually inspect the PS2 console. If it looks good, it can be accepted for trade. The PS2 DOES NOT need to be tested.

It can be an original or a slim. If it has the components (AV, cable, AC adapter, controller), you can get $25 store credit. Controller requirement doesn't specify Sony brand or third party. The PS2 without components trades in for $20.

Traded in my PS2 today, System only (Fat).  Just inspected it, Scanned and done.  It was missing one of those "feets" and the Disk tray Playstation logo in front, $20 original, $4 Refurb fee taken Off.  $16 Trade in credit, $12 Cash.  

For those on the fence, I would highly recommend not trading them into Gamestop. Amazon has sudden trade in value changes on hardware. Since I started following the value changes over a year ago, I've probably seen the value for a Playstation 2 go up into the $70 range about 3 different times. Just wait for Amazon to give a really good value and stay away from the crap company called Gamestop.

Did they bump up trade values today? Or is it a glitch due to the 50% bonus on systems? I'm showing higher values for most of the games I'd like to trade in today. For example, Super Smash is $44 with PRO. I could have sworn yesterday it was lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back