GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any decent gs to bb credit movers? I'll probably have to wait for another 30% trade in bonus at bestbuy and use these:

madagascar 3
raging blast
turbo stunt squad

Sad, I prepared my games yesterday to trade in today -_-.

Some are still worth it, I'll go dump them anyway

And I was just about to trade in my extra cartridge of MH4 (I have it in my 3DS thanks to it being the LE)...well...I guess I'll hang onto it.

Quick question: I did not see this in the FAQ. I was able to save some estimates for games before the values dropped. The quotes still are displayed in my account as "Saved Trade Values"  with an expiration of today.  I tried earlier to trade in, but the rep will not honor those values.  Should I go back and try again or am I wasting my time?

Quick question: I did not see this in the FAQ. I was able to save some estimates for games before the values dropped. The quotes still are displayed in my account as "Saved Trade Values" with an expiration of today. I tried earlier to trade in, but the rep will not honor those values. Should I go back and try again or am I wasting my time?
They are supposed to honor them. I'd call corporate and/or ask for the DMs number.

Would this current 50% system trade bonus be the best way to get ride of my DS Lite? Might switch to New 3DS XL soon. And can trade credit be used to buy cards for PSN credit?
Trade credits can buy ANYTHING from them... I think. Subscriptions, preorders, used, new, gift cards, etc.

Hopefully they saw a big enough boost in trade-ins that they've decided to re-implement these types of boosts and %increases again.  I can't imagine they've been doing so hot on the trade-in front with the other companies offering best trade-ins as of late.

Hopefully they saw a big enough boost in trade-ins that they've decided to re-implement these types of boosts and %increases again. I can't imagine they've been doing so hot on the trade-in front with the other companies offering best trade-ins as of late.
Hey man! How did it go? How's the little man/ little lady!?

Just spotted a new coupon in my account: $5 off preowned AssCreed IV for XBO/PS4

Expires in a couple days though.

Just spotted a new coupon in my account: $5 off preowned AssCreed IV for XBO/PS4

Expires in a couple days though.
Those are part of the current offers. I know I posted them last week, but I can't find my post anywhere. It was listed under the xtra points tab in one of those videos (as well as the free PS+ with a new PS4 purchase.

one of the Gamestops I went to would not let me trade in console only PS2s, they claimed they must come with controller/cords. I tried everything, showing them the website, showing them the different sku, they wouldnt budge. I guess their manager told them they have to have cords / controllers. 

Time to go all "glitter, bitches!" and kick over their gift card rack and the standee display for the Rock Candy cell phone accessories.

Hey man! How did it go? How's the little man/ little lady!?
Little lady is doing well. Had some complications that placed her in the NICU for a bit (nothing too serious though) and just had to bring her back in today (after her pediatrician checkup) for bilirubin issues (also a fairly common thing), Had quite the amazing birth story too but I'll spare the threadviewers the details haha. We'll be happy to get home (and STAY home) with her later this weekend though, that's for sure! Thanks for asking!

Also, sad to see the values dropped -- didn't get a chance to swing in and trade some things towards my Codename STEAM pre-order yet. D'oh!

When I was picking up my Majoras Mask pin today the clerk mentioned that in the near future the tellgamestop .com surveys would be shortened to 4 questions.

I did two surveys and said fuck it. All it's going to do is draw attention to the abused-as- fuck coupon.
The DM personally thanked me in store. Said they were the best store in the district in part to 40 great surveys, just form me. The total was around 55 surveys in total from everyone for the month so nobody does them.

lkBet8D.png

Kind of a silly question regarding PUR points:

I'm about 1500 points away from 25,000 and plan to buy a new PS4 next week. If I buy something now to get enough points, redeem the coupon and use it toward the PS4, then return the item, how does that show up in my account? Negative points?

Kind of a silly question regarding PUR points:

I'm about 1500 points away from 25,000 and plan to buy a new PS4 next week. If I buy something now to get enough points, redeem the coupon and use it toward the PS4, then return the item, how does that show up in my account? Negative points?
Yes, although at that point the PS4 purchase points should cover it and they would just be deducted from the total points you have at the time

Well...I guess I got a trade ban on my account. I traded in 6 PS2s I had laying around over the past 3 days to different Gamestops. I decided to trade in 2 more today, and a prompt came up saying my trade limit has been exceeded. it wouldnt let me trade anything in and gave me a number to call. I called and the told me the 'loss prevention department' would call me in 48-72 hours with directions for unlocking my account for trading. 

Any experiences with this? Is this permanent? I dont trade in to GS that often, so I suppose its not too big a deal, but anyone know whats up?

Well...I guess I got a trade ban on my account. I traded in 6 PS2s I had laying around over the past 3 days to different Gamestops. I decided to trade in 2 more today, and a prompt came up saying my trade limit has been exceeded. it wouldnt let me trade anything in and gave me a number to call. I called and the told me the 'loss prevention department' would call me in 48-72 hours with directions for unlocking my account for trading.

Any experiences with this? Is this permanent? I dont trade in to GS that often, so I suppose its not too big a deal, but anyone know whats up?
The limit is 5. When you hit that it flags you. The ban can last a month or more, depends. Talk to LP and tell them what happened. You wouldn't be lying since you didn't know so they might just unlock it for you and you don't have a ban anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back