GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless your doing the coupon stacking redeeming it for off coupons can be a small waste. I've found that selling physical merchandise on Ebay and Amazon can sometimes double or triple their value(Thank you Amazing Spider Man Comic and Bayonetta 2 Poster).

What?!? Really!??!! I've got well over 100k points that I haven't used yet, is the exchange rate good? (its GS we're talking about here, so I think I already know the answer to that question).

It's not terrible , for 10$ psn/xbox currency it costs 11'500 points . For 3$ in psn/xbox credit it's 3,900 points ...which is actually pretty terrible . I'm not even sure why they decided to offer it in 3$ increments.
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that the $X off coupons which are 10k points for $10 still work on XBL/PSN currency. You're better off walking into the store with those. If you're buying XBL money, then you're better off buying the $45 + $5 bonus packs for $45. Pretty much every store around here still has them available.

Ugh, went to trade in my 250 GB PS3 tonight but the damn controller charge cable fell out of my bag at home:wall:.  Guy tried to charge me a $15 refurb fee for it so I just brought it back home and will go again tomorrow.

Ugh, went to trade in my 250 GB PS3 tonight but the damn controller charge cable fell out of my bag at home:wall:. Guy tried to charge me a $15 refurb fee for it so I just brought it back home and will go again tomorrow.
Man, you're just not meant to own a ps4 again lol I remember reading your posts about the factory reset taking too long and then you missed out on the ps+

Nobody knows if they'll take an off brand Xbox One AC Power Adapter?
They may. I trade a few every couple months.

The item listing in their system does not specify a manufacturer so Generic should be acceptable.
However some clerks are very reluctant to take them and might reject you for any reason.

So you shouldn't have any problem, but don't be surprised If you do.

does anybody know how much i would get if i trade a broken slim 360 towards ps4? i read it somewhere but cant seem to find it again

Guys can you trade in those slim ps2's, i notice that they only have a picture op the fat  ones?

Man, you're just not meant to own a ps4 again lol I remember reading your posts about the factory reset taking too long and then you missed out on the ps+
Huh? I traded my PS4 for $345 a few weeks ago and then rebought it with the PS+ promo. I was just finally able to dump my 250 GB PS3 for $175 tonight but I haven't been without a PS4 lol

Lady employee: Wow, those are the most points I've ever seen (loud)

Me: Haha yeah, just saving it for a big purchase.

Employee across store: how many points?

Lady: XX

Like, yeah, just say it across the store so people can eye me, thanks.

It usually follows with a loud announcement of your credit balance too. Just to give everyone more incentive.

She wants the D. Those points is how much she rates you out of 10

Is the coupon trick still working? For instance if I use a $15 off coupon then a $10 off coupon will the $10 off one still be valid to use next time? Or is it completely fixed now?

Friend of mine is giving me his super slim ps3 and I'm letting him trade my old slim ps3 in so he can get a ps4. Just got to transfer everything and I'm gold. When does hat trade deal end, April 4?

So I found out today that two of the attractive female GS employees in the area are roommates.
Come and knock on our door... (Come and knock on our door)
We've been waiting for you.... (We've been waiting for you)
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his,
Three's company too.

Is the coupon trick still working? For instance if I use a $15 off coupon then a $10 off coupon will the $10 off one still be valid to use next time? Or is it completely fixed now?
I actually did this yesterday. I didn't know if it would work or not, but used a $10 and $5 to get Unlimited Red World for Vita for $3. Then after I left, checked my app and the $5 was still there so I went to a different store and got FF Dissidia for PSP for $2. Will I ever play those games? Hmmm, probably not.

What happens if I return the unopened PS4 I bought? Will I get the money back on my card and store credit for the trade in?

Thought it would be an easy way for me to get $175 for my 360 even though I don't want the PS4 much.

What happens if I return the unopened PS4 I bought? Will I get the money back on my card and store credit for the trade in?

Thought it would be an easy way for me to get $175 for my 360 even though I don't want the PS4 much.
Yes. I just did this today. Then went and bought a 500 GB Lego Batman PS3 bundle for $219 at another GS. So all in all I spent $40 (less after LB3 trade in) for double the hard drive size and a brand new waranty. Not bad at all!

Yes. I just did this today. Then went and bought a 500 GB Lego Batman PS3 bundle for $219 at another GS. So all in all I spent $40 (less after LB3 trade in) for double the hard drive size and a brand new waranty. Not bad at all!
The guy at the store told me "we would refund the price you paid out of pocket to your card, and then figure out how much the original trade in value minus the bonus would be"

Sounds kinda fishy to me.

The guy at the store told me "we would refund the price you paid out of pocket to your card, and then figure out how much the original trade in value minus the bonus would be"

Sounds kinda fishy to me.
Yeah there is currently no way to readjust a bonus after it's already applied.

By returning the system the computer is forced to refund the full credit amount, bonus and all, so if they spew that bullshit go to different gamestop to return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back