GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the coupon trick still working? For instance if I use a $15 off coupon then a $10 off coupon will the $10 off one still be valid to use next time? Or is it completely fixed now?
I experimented on this myself when stores were testing it out (like a beta mode) and found that the glitch was fixed. I found out the hard way by burning 55,000 PUR points on a release date copy of CoD: AW - ouch!

It couldn't hurt to see somebody test it out again to confirm if that's still the case since it's been rolled out at a lot of places by now. Ever since I reported this I don't recall anybody ever testing it out on the new POS but it'd be helpful if somebody would be willing to be a guinea pig - try something small like the $10 and $5 coupons. But the observation I've noticed is that although you can still stack multiple coupons in one transaction, the system correctly redeems every coupon now.

I experimented on it myself when stores were testing it out (like a beta mode) and found that the glitch was fixed. I found out the hard way by burning 55,000 PUR points on a release date copy of CoD: AW - ouch!

It couldn't hurt to see somebody test it out again to confirm if that's still the case since it's been rolled out at a lot of places by now. Try something small like the $10 and $5 coupons. But the observation I've noticed is that although you can still stack multiple coupons in one transaction, the system correctly redeems every coupon now.
It's dependent on whether you get a new register or not. I heard earlier that they are going to phase out the old ones as soon as possible.

It's dependent on whether you get a new register or not. I heard earlier that they are going to phase out the old ones as soon as possible.
To clarify, I was asking if somebody would be willing to try it out on the new POS just to double check. Systems can get wonky again when they're officially pushed out. I'm aware that the issue has been reported on the new POS versus the old one.

Does GameStop care if I trade in multiple copies of the same games at different stores? I saw its ymmv at the same store but I'd hate to get my account banned by doing this.

Does GameStop care if I trade in multiple copies of the same games at different stores? I saw its ymmv at the same store but I'd hate to get my account banned by doing this.
Yes, you can trade multiple copies of the same game, just don't trade more than 4 of the same title on the same platform. If you trade in more than 4 copies of a game in a month, you will get flagged/banned.

Only upcoming trade promo I saw was for a new XB1. $125 for a qualifying PS3/360 trade in towards an XB1 that starts 4/6.

Oh and incoming B2G1F for PS3/360/Wii games:
- Early access for PUR (Basic or Pro) starting 4/1
- Officially starts 4/2, and is good until end of 4/5

Oh AMZ trade in GOD'S, please bless us during those days :pray:
tumblr_lcrtz02G9u1qzj5ggo1_400.gif

I feel the same although all my credit is stuck at Amazon. Nearly out of GS and BB credit.
Same here, though I still have an ample amount of Best Buy credit.
Yeah, I really need to move some Amazon credit back to GS and BB (most of my BB credit is tied up in preorders now)
This is why I don't do "penny flips". I know the bar is lower lately for AZ trade ins, but it is better to save credit for the b2g1 sales.

Gamestop doesn't do trade-in promos anymore.
Secret_to_everybody.jpg

Only upcoming trade promo I saw was for a new XB1. $125 for a qualifying PS3/360 trade in towards an XB1 that starts 4/6.

Oh and incoming B2G1F for PS3/360/Wii games:
- Early access for PUR (Basic or Pro) starting 4/1
- Officially starts 4/2, and is good until end of 4/5
Dangit, I was trying to stop buying games, but I may pick up some good stuff, like Shadow of Colossus and Ico, among other good $20 games.

They really don't want me to renew and get a B2G1 coupon.

Went in to trade in two copies of NBA 2K15 today. Checked phone before I left it came up 18.70 with PUR. They rang up 16.50 with PUR when I got there. Showed him the app that still said 18.70 he said he couldn't adjust trade so he just took an extra $4.40 off the game I bought

Went in to trade in two copies of NBA 2K15 today. Checked phone before I left it came up 18.70 with PUR. They rang up 16.50 with PUR when I got there. Showed him the app that still said 18.70 he said he couldn't adjust trade so he just took an extra $4.40 off the game I bought
Thanks for that information.

Anyone know what :ps4: Destiny trades in for? It doesn't seem to show up when I search for the trade value online. I'm guessing its around $15

Trade promos are gone forever?
A few months ago they raised the base TIV of basically every recent game, and decided they would no longer have regular trade-in promotions. A few are still around here and there but they are rare.

Console trade-in promotions are still common tough.

Question for you guys…a few cheap DS games that I want are in stock about an hour away from me, where my sister lives.  if I make the reservation, and then have her pick up the games for me, what are the odds they let her use my PUR at checkout?

Question for you guys…a few cheap DS games that I want are in stock about an hour away from me, where my sister lives. if I make the reservation, and then have her pick up the games for me, what are the odds they let her use my PUR at checkout?
There shouldn't be any problem if she says her brother is a PUR member and gives them the phone number tied to your PUR account. If you wanted her to buy the games using any credit you might have on the PUR card, though, she would have to have the card on her.

Question for you guys…a few cheap DS games that I want are in stock about an hour away from me, where my sister lives. if I make the reservation, and then have her pick up the games for me, what are the odds they let her use my PUR at checkout?
I've never been able to do that, but I guess it depends on the employee. (paying with trade credit without the card present)

I did the same thing this week. My Dad picked up a game for me and paid cash.

When I went to return rebuy to put in on my card and get points, the employee deducted the points for the return (even though no card/number was given when my dad bought it). So basically I got the cash back and paid with my credit saving the 10%, but I didn't get points for buying the game (since it broke even). He said my Dad would have to return it for the points not to be deducted, but since I have a card, they HAVE to take way the points from me for a return (even if they weren't earned in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back