GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
we all know , it was bound to happen, with how the coupons were exploited. that is what happens, when people can't exercise self restraint, but i guess that is human nature.
Yep, makes me mad that I didn't use it more, you can bet I will make use of it in these last 41 days though. belee dat

Anyways I am in the market where GS is testing the retro game buyback, decided to ask the clerk if he knew how to find the value of these items, since I have a whole box of carts that was found by the dumpster some months ago after a family moved out.

Clerk said no idea, figures and they had flyers posted all over the store.

Bunch of lame idiots
Not being properly trained to do a task doesn't make you a idiot unless they were and just didn't care. Sometimes you have to blame Gamestop and not the employee. Lord only knows how many of us have been stuck doing trade ins at Walmart, Bestbuy and Target with a employee who doesn't know what they are doing.

Yep, makes me mad that I didn't use it more, you can bet I will make use if it in these last 41 days though. belee dat
you might as well, it would make for a fun story. 3-5 years from now, if cag is still active. we can reminisce about how great the gs bd coupon exploits/ deals were, and how we almost single handedly killed it, then LOL about it.

Apparently Gamestop doesnt accept Drive club for trade.
I'm two levels away from the plat and I'm going to throw it up on ebay when I'm done. It sells for around $32 before fees and shipping. You should sell it there, probably the best you can get.

Anyways I am in the market where GS is testing the retro game buyback, decided to ask the clerk if he knew how to find the value of these items, since I have a whole box of carts that was found by the dumpster some months ago after a family moved out.

Clerk said no idea, figures and they had flyers posted all over the store.

Bunch of lame idiots

Lmk some basic numbers when you find out...like how much they give for Mario 64 or something thanks

I hope it fails. We don't need to give Gamestop any more help surviving. Since they're probably effectively getting rid of the birthday coupon exploit, I hope Gamestop goes under as soon as possible. This is a desperate move in order to get more inventory and sales since consoles are trying to convert to an all-digital market and Gamestop knows what that means for it.
They are?
Try to keep up slowdive.

Best way to transfer credit from Best Buy to Gamestop? I'm looking to go all out with the birthday coupon. I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the prepaid Visa cards for a $5.95 fee

Edit: Nevermind. Battlefield Hardline and :360: Shadow of Mordor will do the trick 

I'm two levels away from the plat and I'm going to throw it up on ebay when I'm done. It sells for around $32 before fees and shipping. You should sell it there, probably the best you can get.

Don't know who's buying it for that, it's $20 new. :rofl:
bestbuy is giving $15 for driveclub, plus gamestop tiv has gone down the gutter,after they got rid of the trade in bonuses. the only thing worth trading in now are xbox 360/ ps3 consoles.

So something i learned today. I traded in a ds lite system without the serial # and they actually are allowed to take them. They just put none for the serial code in the system. I guess this is only with ds systems.

Try to keep up slowdive.
Like I go in that thread other then when I needed the coupon.

So something i learned today. I traded in a ds lite system without the serial # and they actually are allowed to take them. They just put none for the serial code in the system. I guess this is only with ds systems.
Those stickers come off too easy. The one on my Vita just came off.

Strange, gamestop just auto renewed my powerup pro membership using my reward points..didn't know this was possible and kind of annoying as I wasn't sure I'd renew with the birthday coupon dying

Edit: Nevermind, found out my brother redeemed the points to renew instore. Weird you can do that without my password and logging into the site.

I traded in Lego Batman 3 yesterday and instead of just giving me the receipt, the girl went to put the game and receipt in a bag and give it back to me.  (I of course stopped her, being that I have a conscience)

I traded in Lego Batman 3 yesterday and instead of just giving me the receipt, the girl went to put the game and receipt in a bag and give it back to me. (I of course stopped her, being that I have a conscience)
This has happened to me like five times. I always hand it back and tell her the game is theirs now... They seem to get so lost in all of their sales pitches they forget what they are doing.

Glad I'm not the only one who has had this happen.  I usually just stare at them in a confused fashion until they realize.  Then again I'm not sure why I'm surprised when I deal with the same people on a regular basis, hand them my card then they immediately ask for my phone number...

Strange, gamestop just auto renewed my powerup pro membership using my reward points..didn't know this was possible and kind of annoying as I wasn't sure I'd renew with the birthday coupon dying

Edit: Nevermind, found out my brother redeemed the points to renew instore. Weird you can do that without my password and logging into the site.
An update last year allowed employees to redeem the 15k points for a renewal. If your brother wasn't doing a trade in & just had your card or contact info, the employee wouldn't know it wasn't you.

I walked out with the game I traded in once before realizing it was also in the bag, being a regular there I knew I should bring it back, they were very grateful

Anybody in New York or Birmingham with a store doing retro trade ins? Curious what the values look like.
I'm also curious on this. I checked the website multiple times and nothing indicates they are taking in Retro consoles.

(Even the Pilot program starts today 4/25 Saturday, so.....

Got an email that MLB 15 The Show on PS3 trades in for $20 ($22 w/ PUR).   This is a $5 bump so maybe there are other games that are getting a bump too.

Anybody in New York or Birmingham with a store doing retro trade ins? Curious what the values look like.
Checked values on a few things today while i was there....

Complete being System + controller + Power + AV or RF

NES System - Complete $35

NES Light Gun $7.15 ($6.50 + .65 PUR bonus)

Genesis System - Complete $20

Playstation or PS One System - Complete $25

N64 System - Complete $30

$30 for a n64 wtf! They only gave me $1 back in 06 and it was in full working condition

Better than I expected wow.

That's insane on PS1. My local stores in STL sell PS1's (either version) for $10 because all PS2's and all PS3's play PS1 games and the PS1 is about as reliable as the original X360.

Values are alot better than I thought they would be. But still a far cry from Ebay prices.

[quote name="Vanacloud" post="12663020" timestamp="1430149320"]Values are alot better than I thought they would be. But still a far cry from Ebay prices. [/quote]
Don't expect them to be good for long. This is just for the initial push to get themselves some inventory. The values will drop without a doubt.

Anyone see GS had 4 pre-owned games for $10?  Just saw this list on SD.  Not sure if it calls for it's own topic, but someone else can make it if they want.

4lciwaC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back