GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome.
Clerk in my store last week said she thought this was happening soon.

Notice it also includes accessories, so Skylanders will be included - - yaaaaayyy

50% Trade in Bonus starting June 1st!

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

:whee:
What's the point? It's not like we can use the b-day coupon with that trade-in credit by that time...

:booty:

Awesome.
Clerk in my store last week said she thought this was happening soon.

Notice it also includes accessories, so Skylanders will be included - - yaaaaayyy
Sweet, $3.20 for each of those glitch-triggering Best Buy Skylanders. :bouncy:

Well it makes sense to me: The B-Day coupons are going down so you buy now. The trades go up 50% June 1st so you buy then right? 

That is if some of the TiVs don't mysteriously tank over the weekend?

So I went in GS yesterday for the first time in a while...when did they get so into the collectible stuff? It's actually kinda cool, wouldn't mind getting Zelda Monopoly with my credit, lol

It will take an override, but you can save your estimates as a pdf/print them.
Still YMMV on getting them to honor locked in values + 50% bonus. The last time they did the PS4 trade bonus, when they changed the TIV late morning, I couldn't get any store to honor the locked in price plus the 50%. They kept trying to tell me that the locked in the value was the dropped TIV + the bonus, which didn't even add up.

Still YMMV on getting them to honor locked in values + 50% bonus. The last time they did the PS4 trade bonus, when they changed the TIV late morning, I couldn't get any store to honor the locked in price plus the 50%. They kept trying to tell me that the locked in the value was the dropped TIV + the bonus, which didn't even add up.
A situation like this is more along the lines of what I would expect to happen. I could see managers being hesitant to adjust the value and for the locked in value . I'm not even sure if my home base guy would do it and he takes care of me .

Based on my tracking, you can expect everything above $15 to drop, everything below $15 usually stays the same.
I know, that's what it seems like

Then,

How to Train your Dragon 2 on 360

Adventure Time The Secret of the Nameless on 360 and PS3

Penguins of Madagascar on Wii U

Are you allowed to trade in the same game more than once? I want to trade in my copy of Smash Bros on 3DS, but I already did that with another copy when the game came out last year. If you can, this time I'm definitely going to keep my case instead of just giving it to GS so that they can just dump it.

Are you allowed to trade in the same game more than once? I want to trade in my copy of Smash Bros on 3DS, but I already did that with another copy when the game came out last year. If you can, this time I'm definitely going to keep my case instead of just giving it to GS so that they can just dump it.
Yes just don't trade more than 4 copies of the same game on the same console in the same month. Also, ymmv on whether or not the GS employee will let you trade in more than 1 copy of the same game during the same transaction.

Yes just don't trade more than 4 copies of the same game on the same console in the same month. Also, ymmv on whether or not the GS employee will let you trade in more than 1 copy of the same game during the same transaction.
Idk if anyone has tested these yet but is it 4 of the same items per month (april, may, june) or per 30/31 day cycle (April 17 - may 17)

They're also banning accounts if you trade in more than a certain amount in a small period of time. So for example if you trade in $500 in a month period your account will get temp banned.buy again no one has been able to provide the $ amount restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back