GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was trading at a GS i do not frequent today and wanted to get a Kindle card. No kindle cards were on the card carousel. The cashier said the manager had moved them behind the counter and the cashier could not find them. Anyone else notice anything weird going on with kindle cards at GS? Hope this is not a bad sign...

Did something happen with the LEGO City Undercover Wii U disks? I've gotten 3 unplayable disks from gamestop. Every other Wii U game I have works.
Damn. I'm still thinking 3 unreadable disks in a row can't be a coincidence. Maybe gamestop is killing with the disks by resurfacing them or something iunno.
Maybe all three of those discs came from Amazon Warehouse Deals (whose Wii U discs tend to not work despite looking pristine) and people traded them in.

Any good flips from gamestop to bestbuy? Only one that seems pretty good is port royale. (without using bday coupons)
Going off memory,

Port Royale 3 (PS3/360) - $9
Hole in the Wall (360) - $7
Tropico 5 (360) - $14
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (360) - $14

This is not counting 30 percent bonus or GCU bonus.

Going off memory,

Port Royale 3 (PS3/360) - $9
Hole in the Wall (360) - $7
Tropico 5 (360) - $14
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (360) - $14

This is not counting 30 percent bonus or GCU bonus.
I was gonna get port royale today but ofcourse someone got em before me. I maxed out on tropico but got how to train your dragon. thx

I have the opposite question, does anyone know of any good Best Buy to Gamestop flips? Doesn't have to be money making, I'm just looking to turn my best buy gift cards into Gamestop gift cards so I can trade in my ps3 for a Xbox One and pay the rest with gift cards.

I'm pretty sure I read it in this thread, but it was probably pages ago,  but is there supposed to be a 20% bonus trade in starting today?  Or am I going crazy?  Maybe it was just something someone posted saying an employee told them and it's not actually happening.  Called my GS and they looked it up and didn't see anything and the website doesn't say anything either.

So.. i have 2 3DS games that i want to trade in. They are Majora Mask, Smash Bro, and Big Hero 6. Should i trade it in now or wait for the 50% bonus? The bonus week is like 2 weeks away and i dont know if the value will drop much...

My bad. PS3/360 system trade promo starts 6/21 - trade in a qualifying PS3/360 system towards a PS4/XB1, get $150 credit.

The 20% trade bonus starts 6/26. All trades (games, accessories, systems, smartphones, tablets) receive 20% bonus credit. PUR Pro stacks for games and accessories.
I think this is the post you were looking for?

When I last worked Wednesday, 6/24, the details of that 20% bonus trade promo mentioned requiring an EBC code. Unfortunately I've been, and will be, off the next couple of days, so I won't be able to find out further details. 

The promo page that I frequently check at work sometimes has last minute updates. I think I saw it mention the 20% bonus trade promo occurring again sometime next month as well.

I think this is the post you were looking for?

When I last worked Wednesday, 6/24, the details of that 20% bonus trade promo mentioned requiring an EBC code. Unfortunately I've been, and will be, off the next couple of days, so I won't be able to find out further details.

The promo page that I frequently check at work sometimes has last minute updates. I think I saw it mention the 20% bonus trade promo occurring again sometime next month as well.
Yes! Thanks, Darby. What are EBC codes? I know most people are probably waiting and buying cheap games to do the 50% bonus coupons, but I don't trade in often and just want to trade a few things in while there's some sort of bonus seeing how I wasn't prepared for the last time 50% happened

How long does the new 20% boost last?

Does the 50% coupon apply to accessories too? I have some dualshock 3 controllers to get rid of and I have a feeling I should trade them in now if we find out the 20% EBC code.

How can it require a code if no one knows what it is?
In the olden days, the cashier had to input an EBC code to get the promo to apply. It was in some sort of promo book typically. Now, EBC codes just refer to coupon codes and are typically sent electronically (PUR, emails, Kongregate, receipts, etc)

Does the 50% coupon apply to accessories too? I have some dualshock 3 controllers to get rid of and I have a feeling I should trade them in now if we find out the 20% EBC code.
I think it does apply to accessories. I've got a few at home I can check later, and I'm definitely planning on giving it a shot on the Xbox 360 controllers I forgot to trade in w/ console at Best Buy.

I've had 2 discs (in a row) of NintendoLand from GS that haven't work. Its mainly because of scratches.
I had this same problem with both a Mario Kart 8 and a Mario 3D World that I got from GS online. No appearance of surface scratches.

They've got to be ruining them with their resurfacing machines.

I need this as well
I have the opposite question, does anyone know of any good Best Buy to Gamestop flips? Doesn't have to be money making, I'm just looking to turn my best buy gift cards into Gamestop gift cards so I can trade in my ps3 for a Xbox One and pay the rest with gift cards.
I'm also looking for this tooo. Looking for some credit movers so I can take proper advantage of this BB promo, pleaseee.

i was at gamestop yesterday getting some amazon credit, when i looked around and checked out the vita section. a brand new low for gamestop as they were selling a hyperdimension game (cant remember for sure which one) for $39.99 new, it stood out to me because it was a generic black case and generic artwork. wow.

i was at gamestop yesterday getting some amazon credit, when i looked around and checked out the vita section. a brand new low for gamestop as they were selling a hyperdimension game (cant remember for sure which one) for $39.99 new, it stood out to me because it was a generic black case and generic artwork. wow.
This happens when somebody takes the display case or an employee gives it to a customer (the second of which doesn't happen often.) In these instances, if you really want the game (which it seems like you didn't) you can always try to ask for 10% off "shopworn" discount. Might not work, but if the case gets taken, which happens every so often, there is no way to just magically replace it.

If I stacked a Rewards coupon with the Bday coupon, which option is the order the discount is taken off:

A) $37.99- 20% Bday - Reward coupon - 10% PUR
B) $37.99 - Reward coupon - 20% Bday - 10% PUR
C) other

If I stacked a Rewards coupon with the Bday coupon, which option is the order the discount is taken off:

A) $37.99- 20% Bday - Reward coupon - 10% PUR
B) $37.99 - Reward coupon - 20% Bday - 10% PUR
C) other
Depends on your rewards increment. The largest discount comes off first. Note in your calculations that the %'s are calculated after the last discount (i.e. $38 - $20 = $18 -> 20% off $18 not $38)

Depends on your rewards increment. The largest discount comes off first. Note in your calculations that the %'s are calculated after the last discount (i.e. $38 - $20 = $18 -> 20% off $18 not $38)
Huh, I didn't know that.

EDIT: Apparently that's because it isn't true.

Not true actually. When the $5 Kongregate coupons were active, it still took birthday first. Even if you were getting a $7 game.

Can anybody recommend anything to use the coupon on on these last few days? Don't want to waste it and might as well pick up some games that will never drop in price like some PS3 jrpgs

Can anybody recommend anything to use the coupon on on these last few days? Don't want to waste it and might as well pick up some games that will never drop in price like some PS3 jrpgs
Afrika is $19.99 pre discount if you can find it

I found a copy that had been converted to used down in Georgia that was in mint condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back