GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
More Retro Trade In Values - (all are base values) -

Dreamcast -

Crazy Taxi - 4.50

Giga Wing 2 - 37.50

Grandia II - 15.00

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 15.00

Sega Smash Pac Vol. 1 - 6.00

Soul Calibur - 7.00

Playststion -

Armored Core - 5.00

Digimon World 2 - 22.50

Digimon World 3 - 18.50

Front Mission 3 - 7.00

Gundam Battle Assault 2 - 5.00

Mega Man 8 - 11.00

Mega Man X4 - 6.00

Mega Man X5 - 4.00

Mega Man X6 - 6.00

Monster Rancher - 10.00

Monster Rancher 2 - 13.00

Warpath Jurassic Park - 6.00

Some of these values are great (Mega Man 8) while others are terrible (Warpath, Giga Wing 2). Here's hoping the 50% still applies to retro games this week!

I wish dragon age inquisition would go back to around 28 with a coupon but because of the bestbuy glitch it probably will stay low or even get lower

Just a quick question: How long does it take for Gamestop to email you the 20% Birthday Coupon. Is it directly on your birthday or somewhere near it?

Just thought I would post some retro trade in values from my trade today. They did stack with the 50% code and 10% PUR, except for the DC console but that was expected. Most of everything I traded in was disc/cart only. They didn't accept Crazy Taxi cause it had alot of scratches. Also said they are not suppose to accept games if they have been written on, but accepted one anyways.

Base value

Dreamcast

Console - 27.50. The other employee mentioned retro consoles/controllers need to be in pristine condition according to a memo or something. Was worried they might not accept since this was my backup DC console so it was kind of scuffed up from being part of half a dozen moves and numerous closet/garage shuffles.  Also the console had the RF adapter instead of A/V cable, but employee still accepted mine so I'm glad. Also included a first party controller and power cable.

Quake III Arena - 3.25

Record of Lodoss War - 20.00

Carrie - was around 4 to 6. I can't remember for sure since I decided to keep it and don't have value on receipt

Tony Hawk 2- 6-8 i think. I had the first one that they didn't accept cause he couldn't find it in their system but I think I saw the 6-8 value for Tonk Hawk 2 when he was trying to find the first one

Trick Style  - not in system

N64

Console - 27 or 27.50 I think was the price he quoted me when I asked, but obviously I have a terrible memory so not 100%

Zelda: OoT - 13.50

Super Mario 64 - 12

NES

Bionic Commando - 8

Ghosts N Goblins - 7.50

Also I had PS1 games, but he said they weren't accepting them yet so couldn't get quotes on those.

traded in a few N64 games today. Impressed by these base values

Mario Kart 64 - 22 (got 35 with pro and 50% coupon)

Goldeneye - 9

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - 13.50

Went to trade in a bunch a retro games today and they took none of them besides my Playstation games...Apparently they got a print out memo of guidelines to how the condition of the games have to be. The employee then showed it to me and the NES, SUPER NES, and N64 games cannot have any of the stickers ripped off at all or any browning or discoloration... Which is so damn stupid it's not even funny. To top it off the Playstation games DON'T need the damn cases! They are just going to sell them in SLEEVES! Here is a couple pictures of the said games he didn't take..You guys be the judge. I should go to another Gamestop but I used my 50% code unless someone here can hook me up with another one..I'd really appreciate it. http://imgur.com/OYJPwOM    http://i.imgur.com/lmwKz6d.jpg   http://i.imgur.com/x4ZgKF5.jpg

Argh, just called and got told they do not take retro games for trade-in's. The stores around me are useless for trying to make any real amount of profit, lol.

Argh, just called and got told they do not take retro games for trade-in's. The stores around me are useless for trying to make any real amount of profit, lol.
Are you the same person that couldn't find 2 games for that deal at Best Buy? That sucks if so. TIL that my local GS is taking retro games. I just can't seem to give them up right now

Nostalgia > credit (catching up though)

Are you the same person that couldn't find 2 games for that deal at Best Buy? That sucks if so. TIL that my local GS is taking retro games. I just can't seem to give them up right now

Nostalgia > credit (catching up though)
Yeah, flipping is impossible for me. I shouldn't even be upset about it as I should expect it by now because of how crappy the stock is at all of my local stores, so I guess it's on me for getting my hopes that I could actually participate in this.

Also, the nostalgia is great but the games are still very quality even without factoring in the nostalgia, IMO. I played my old Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash Bro's. a year or so ago and had a blast, but seeing how much they are going for these days makes me want to just move on.

I'll probably just sell them either here or on eBay since my gaming time is a little more limited now anyways.

Hopefully these values hold for at least 2 days to "compensate" for the trade bonus codes not working
Wait, whaaaat? Since when do the 50% bonus codes NOT work?

I have 5 codes Ive been saving specifically for this week!

Castlevania (Nintendo 64) - $12.50

Pokemon Snap (Nintendo 64) - $6.50

Battle Tanx (Nintendo 64) - $7.00

Megaman 8 (Playstation 1) - $11.00

Metroid (Nintendo/NES) - $13.50

Pretty happy about Castlevania. With 50%, $20 is much better than what you'd get online for it.

Nintendo:

Super Mario Bros. 2 - $9

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $9

Nintendo 64:

Bomberman 64 - $10

Castlevania - $12.50

Diddy Kong Racing - $9

Doom 64 - $11.50

Gex 64 - $4.50

Golden Eye - $9

Mario Kart 64 - $22

Mario Party - $22.50

Perfect Dark - $4

Star Fox 64 - $9.50

Star Wars Rogue Squadron - $4

Super Mario 64 - $12

Super Smash Bros. - $25

Yoshi's Story - $8.50

Wave Race 64 - $3

Sega Genesis:

Maximum Carnage: Spider-Man/Venom - $7.50

Playstation:

Brave Fencer Musashi - $18.50

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - $17

Chrono Cross - $6

Civilization II - $6

Crash Bandicoot 2 - $15

Doom - $6

Final Fantasy Tactics - $4.50

Final Fantasy VIII - $7

Legend of Mana - $17.50

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $6

Mega Man X4 - $6

Metal Gear Solid - $4

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - $6.50

Resident Evil 2 - $9

Spider-Man - $4

Star Ocean: The Second Story - $10

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - $7.50

Dreamcast:

Blue Stinger - $6

Crazy Taxi - $4.50

Ecco the Dolphin - $3

Evolution World of Sacred Device - $6

Fur Fighters - $7

Marvel vs. Capcom - $12.50

Resident Evil Code Veronica - $6

Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage - $13

Edit: Red highlight means you can do better going the eBay route.

I had a receipt from when I bought three PO Amiibo, only one of the codes worked, but it boosted all three things I traded for 50%. Got $60 for Arkham Knight. Almost considered adding in Smash Bros for Wii U to get the $60 and then buy a PO copy to come out ahead, but I already felt like I was abusing by getting $60 for Batman. Put it all toward my Rock Band 4 Band Kit order though.

I had a receipt from when I bought three PO Amiibo, only one of the codes worked, but it boosted all three things I traded for 50%. Got $60 for Arkham Knight. Almost considered adding in Smash Bros for Wii U to get the $60 and then buy a PO copy to come out ahead, but I already felt like I was abusing by getting $60 for Batman. Put it all toward my Rock Band 4 Band Kit order though.
Wait, u got $60 for batman ps4 even though the base value was $25 on july 28?

Finally made my first huge retro trade in today; everything went very well, and I will definitely say that they are giving very fair values for a lot of these titles. Not all of them of course, but they are in business to make money, also. When combined with the 50% bonus coupon, some of the values are outstanding.

I will post all of the values later on (traded around 50 games), but off the top of my head I remember getting $44.xx for Super Metroid with the bonus. It was an awesome trade, netting me close to 1k, and really didn't take long at all, maybe 20 minutes.

It was tough to part with a lot of these great pieces from my collection, but I have many doubles, and the great prices without the hassle of selling online were too good to pass up.

I have to also give credit for whomever posted the lists of the retro games the are currently accepting, because it is legit. Strangely enough, TMNT 2 Arcade wouldn't come up, even though it's on the list, but everything else was accurate. The list made it much easier to breeze though my games, instead of having to haul everything up there.

Nintendo:
Super Mario Bros. 2 - $9
Super Mario Bros. 3 - $9

Nintendo 64:
Bomberman 64 - $10
Castlevania - $12.50
Diddy Kong Racing - $9
Doom 64 - $11.50
Gex 64 - $4.50
Golden Eye - $9
Mario Kart 64 - $22
Mario Party - $22.50
Perfect Dark - $4
Star Fox 64 - $9.50
Star Wars Rogue Squadron - $4
Super Mario 64 - $12
Super Smash Bros. - $25
Yoshi's Story - $8.50
Wave Race 64 - $3

Sega Genesis:
Maximum Carnage: Spider-Man/Venom - $7.50

Playstation:
Brave Fencer Musashi - $18.50
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - $17
Chrono Cross - $6
Civilization II - $6
Crash Bandicoot 2 - $15
Doom - $6
Final Fantasy Tactics - $4.50
Final Fantasy VIII - $7
Legend of Mana - $17.50
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $6
Mega Man X4 - $6
Metal Gear Solid - $4
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - $6.50
Resident Evil 2 - $9
Spider-Man - $4
Star Ocean: The Second Story - $10
Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - $7.50

Dreamcast:
Blue Stinger - $6
Crazy Taxi - $4.50
Ecco the Dolphin - $3
Evolution World of Sacred Device - $6
Fur Fighters - $7
Marvel vs. Capcom - $12.50
Resident Evil Code Veronica - $6
Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage - $13

Edit: Red highlight means you can do better going the eBay route.
This is awesome, lets just keep updating this post, or add it to the wiki.

Finally made my first huge retro trade in today; everything went very well, and I will definitely say that they are giving very fair values for a lot of these titles. Not all of them of course, but they are in business to make money, also. When combined with the 50% bonus coupon, some of the values are outstanding.

I will post all of the values later on (traded around 50 games), but off the top of my head I remember getting $44.xx for Super Metroid with the bonus. It was an awesome trade, netting me close to 1k, and really didn't take long at all, maybe 20 minutes.

It was tough to part with a lot of these great pieces from my collection, but I have many doubles, and the great prices without the hassle of selling online were too good to pass up.

I have to also give credit for whomever posted the lists of the retro games the are currently accepting, because it is legit. Strangely enough, TMNT 2 Arcade wouldn't come up, even though it's on the list, but everything else was accurate. The list made it much easier to breeze though my games, instead of having to haul everything up there.
Your welcome for the list! Glad you used it and it worked out for you.

Base values from 7/27:

:n64:

Banjo Kazooie - 13

:nes:

Metal Gear - 6

Tetris - 3

:psx:

Final Fantasy 7 - 13

From 7/28:

:n64:

Gauntlet Legends - 14

GoldenEye - 9

Mario Kart 64 - 22

EDIT: Just called for this one:

:n64: Conker's Bad Fur Day - 45

That one's tempting because I'd rather have the cash from selling it, but its $72 after 50% and PUR.  Only selling for around $80 on eBay, so after fees and shipping, it's a wash.

I posted these in the coupon thread, not sure if anybody moved them here or if they are all accounted for but anyway:

ALL NES GAMES

MC Kids: 5 base 8 after bonuses

Super Mario Bros 2: 9 base 14.40 after bonuses

Excitebike: 5 base 8 after bonuses

Mike Tysons Punch out: 17.50 base 28 after bonuses

Battletoads Double Dragon: 35 base 56 after bonuses

Double Dragon: 8.50 base 13.60 after bonuses

Double Dragon  2: 7 base 11.20 after bonuses

Super Contra: 15 base 24 after bonuses

Metal Gear: 6 base 9.60 after bonuses

Megaman 6: 25 base 40 after bonuses

Megaman 4: 22.50 base 36 after bonuses

Megaman 2: 20 base 32 after bonuses

Batman: 7 base 11.20 ab

TMNT 2: 7 base 11.20 ab

Wild Gunman: 6 base 9.60 ab

Indiana Jones: 6 base 9.60 ab

Captain america: 8 base 12.80 ab

Blaster master: 4.50/7.20

Life force: 5/8

Tmnt Tournament Fighters: 50/80

Can you just scan your receipts? That would be easier than typing and we wouldn't even have to do any unnecessary math.
The math is easy, because it's just 2x the 50% bonus. No actual need for a calculator.

Edit: Or 10x PUR bonus. Either way, it's basic math.

A few retro values (all base)

Waverace N64 $3

NBA Jam SNES $5.50

Zelda OOT N64 $13.50

Super Mario All Stars $12

Pokemon Puzzle League N64 $6

so does that mean cash value will go up to credit value or credit value will go down to cash value?
I would guess cash would go up if it isn't nationwide.

The math is easy, because it's just 2x the 50% bonus. No actual need for a calculator.

Edit: Or 10x PUR bonus. Either way, it's basic math.
Might be hard if they are raised on common core where 7 smells like purple!

OK, here is a decent list of TiV's I just compiled. I tried to format it pretty uniformly, and entered the titles exactly as they are in the GS system (kinda confusing on stuff like Mike Tyson's Punchout - Punchout MT). I still have another receipt with at least this many more new values (mainly Genesis, Dreamcast and PS1), but I am too tired to enter those in tonight. I also plan to take in a bunch of accessories before the 50% ends this week, so I will post some updated values for those.

Base values, of course.

[SIZE=medium]NES:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Adventure Island – 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Batman – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Blaster Master – 4.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Castlevania – 12.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Contra – 17.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Donkey Kong Jr – 7.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Double Dragon- 8.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Double Dragon 2 – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Final Fantasy – 13.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ghostbusters- 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Gradius – 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kirby’s Adventures - 13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Legend of Zelda- 12.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Metroid – 13.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ninja Gaiden – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ninja Gaiden 2 – 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Paperboy - 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Punchout MT – 17.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Rampage – 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Simpsons Bart vs Space Mutant – 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Contra - 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Mario Bros - 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Mario Bros 2 – 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Mario Bros 3 - 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tecmo Bowl – 4.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tetris- 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Track and Field II – 7.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Willow - 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wheel of Fortune Jr - 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Zelda II: Adventure of Link – 11.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]SNES:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Donkey Kong Country – 11.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Illusions of Gaia – 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lion King – 6.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mortal Kombat – 7.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mortal Kombat II – 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]NBA Jam – 5.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Street Fighter II Turbo - 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Metroid - 27.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Mario All-Stars – 12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Mario World - 8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Super Street Fighter II – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Genesis:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Contra Hard Corps – 18.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Vectorman - 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]X-Men 2: Clone Wars – 7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]N64:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Banjo-Kazooie – 13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Diddy Kong Racing – 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Goldeneye 007 - 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask – 22.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mario Kart 64 – 22[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mario Party – 22.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]NFL Blitz 2000 - 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pokemon Puzzle League - 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pokemon Stadium – 6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pokemon Stadium 2 – 18.5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Super Smash Bros. - 25[/SIZE]

[quote name="bronxbomber123" post="12836175" timestamp="1438223259"]oh okay so my birthday is august 7 so i should get it soon. gonna get some games and then use the rest of my giftcard toward amazon credits. thanks[/quote]
Just make sure you remember that the code is one-time use. I wasted mine on a game that I eventually returned, thinking I could use it more than once but apparently that recently changed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back