GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone buy kindle cards or other non GS gift cards today? when i tried to buy some this afternoon they told me they were having issues with activating cards. I am just wondering if they were messing with me for some reason

did anyone buy kindle cards or other non GS gift cards today? when i tried to buy some this afternoon they told me they were having issues with activating cards. I am just wondering if they were messing with me for some reason
I didn't buy any today, but I bought $525 worth of kindle cards yesterday and they all activated fine.

Ah bummer missed out on shenmue

So which stores in New York are accepting retro games x systems for trade in? I'll be in New York City tomorrow , around Manhattan and if I can dump my back up games x systems tomorrow I'll spend an hour of my weekend trip trading retro games :p

Today marks Day 11 since I canceled my web-in-store preorder through Gamestop.com, and I still haven't gotten the ~$138 refund to my PUR card. I'll probably wait until Monday before I consider calling Customer Service, but is it really supposed to take this long?

Was curious if you guys think MGSV will get a decent trade value?  Im currently getting like 3 copies from dell, Im only spending about $30 of my own cash.  I was wondering if i should offload the rest of my credit and pick up another? 

I have about $30 left with dell and I could pick up another copy of mgsV since their offering $25 gift cards i would really only be spending $10 after the fact.

Was curious if you guys think MGSV will get a decent trade value?  Im currently getting like 3 copies from dell, Im only spending about $30 of my own cash.  I was wondering if i should offload the rest of my credit and pick up another? 

I have about $30 left with dell and I could pick up another copy of mgsV since their offering $25 gift cards i would really only be spending $10 after the fact.

Was curious if you guys think MGSV will get a decent trade value? Im currently getting like 3 copies from dell, Im only spending about $30 of my own cash. I was wondering if i should offload the rest of my credit and pick up another?

Are they still offering the 25$ gc , I checked a few days ago and didn't see it mentioned anywhere? I was logged in btw .

Today marks Day 11 since I canceled my web-in-store preorder through Gamestop.com, and I still haven't gotten the ~$138 refund to my PUR card. I'll probably wait until Monday before I consider calling Customer Service, but is it really supposed to take this long?
i canceled an order a while back and i had to do a charge back because the charge never was reversed.

If you return a game that you preordered do you have to return what you got for preordering it?

I want the poster you get for preordering Super Mario Maker but I don't want the game because I think it sucks.

I want to buy Metal Gear Solid 5 instead.

But I want that poster.

Are they still offering the 25$ gc , I checked a few days ago and didn't see it mentioned anywhere? I was logged in btw .
Yeah, they are still. I basically did the same thing with rare replay also, got the $15 gift card and traded it into gamestop for $16.50. All with credit of course. I'm just wondering if it would be wise to use my last $30 credit on one more copy, mgs5 on ps3 or ps4 Idk which

If you return a game that you preordered do you have to return what you got for preordering it?

I want the poster you get for preordering Super Mario Maker but I don't want the game because I think it sucks.

I want to buy Metal Gear Solid 5 instead.

But I want that poster.
Nah. For all they know you didn't even get one when you preordered because it shouldn't go on your receipt or anything.

How would that work if the web-in-store preorder was paid for using trade credit that otherwise would have been put on my PUR card?
i think with your situation you will have to have it manually added back by customer service. That did not work for me as they insisted that the canceled item was sent so i just did the chargeback. i also had no history of the order in my account, really weird situation.

i think with your situation you will have to have it manually added back by customer service. That did not work for me as they insisted that the canceled item was sent so i just did the chargeback. i also had no history of the order in my account, really weird situation.
I was afraid of that.

But like I said, this is a trade-credit issue, not a credit card one, so aren't chargebacks not possible in my case?
The dollar amount is within the range they tend to blacklist you over, so you still might have an issue with it.

GS Level 1 CS isn't likely to be very helpful in this case, so you might want to try emailing them and see if that works better than chat or phone. Hold times on either one for me the last time I tried were ridiculous (30min +).

The dollar amount is within the range they tend to blacklist you over, so you still might have an issue with it.

GS Level 1 CS isn't likely to be very helpful in this case, so you might want to try emailing them and see if that works better than chat or phone. Hold times on either one for me the last time I tried were ridiculous (30min +).
I'll give it a shot, but they never replied to my response on the cancellation email, where I asked when I would get the refund, so I'm not very optimistic.

I'll give it a shot, but they never replied to my response on the cancellation email, where I asked when I would get the refund, so I'm not very optimistic.
When you send them the email, put "Follow-up from a Level 2 supervisor is required" as the first line. I had to send them an email about getting boofed out of my Witcher 3 keychain when I ordered Witcher 3 CE from GS.com, it showed as shipped with a tracking number though was never shipped. When I emailed them about a follow-up, I was told to use that phrase to try and get it to a Level 2 supervisor. The emails are read by L2 supervisors and L1 end-line reps, so it may be a crapshoot to get directly to one.

If you still have issues after that, I might have another option for help, though it would be via PM and not post since it's not for public consumption.

Question to my gamestop experts- I want to purchase the forza xb1 bundle and I have enough to pay with trade credit in a state that charges no tax. I put 300 down today but noticed that the guy put ~2 dollars with cash as well (long story with a return). 

Anyways am I now screwed when i pick it up if i pay the rest off with trade credit? Also i wanted to use some rewards coupons- maybe a 50/25/15- would that void not getting taxed on the purchase?

so bottom line- two questions:

1- Am I good to go as is with the 2 dollars cash i put on the pre order? Or should I cancel the reserve when I get there and rebuy with all trade credit?

2- Can i use rewards coupons and pay the rest with trade credit and not get taxed?

Question to my gamestop experts- I want to purchase the forza xb1 bundle and I have enough to pay with trade credit in a state that charges no tax. I put 300 down today but noticed that the guy put ~2 dollars with cash as well (long story with a return).

Anyways am I now screwed when i pick it up if i pay the rest off with trade credit? Also i wanted to use some rewards coupons- maybe a 50/25/15- would that void not getting taxed on the purchase?

so bottom line- two questions:

1- Am I good to go as is with the 2 dollars cash i put on the pre order? Or should I cancel the reserve when I get there and rebuy with all trade credit?

2- Can i use rewards coupons and pay the rest with trade credit and not get taxed?
1. You will ONLY get charged tax for the 2 dollars cash part, which should be 10 to 20 cents lol

2. I've never tried using rewards coupon when picking up preorder. But I think you'll be OK as long as you pay the rest with trade credit.

When you send them the email, put "Follow-up from a Level 2 supervisor is required" as the first line. I had to send them an email about getting boofed out of my Witcher 3 keychain when I ordered Witcher 3 CE from GS.com, it showed as shipped with a tracking number though was never shipped. When I emailed them about a follow-up, I was told to use that phrase to try and get it to a Level 2 supervisor. The emails are read by L2 supervisors and L1 end-line reps, so it may be a crapshoot to get directly to one.

If you still have issues after that, I might have another option for help, though it would be via PM and not post since it's not for public consumption.
Should I send a new email using the Contact Us form on GS.com or reply to the cancellation email again?

has anyone that hit the "trade limit exceeded" wall during Flipfest '15 tried their luck recently?

I'm probably still banned, but getting the itch to test my luck.  

...and no Gamestop, I did not learn my lesson.  I had a fucking blast!

has anyone that hit the "trade limit exceeded" wall during Flipfest '15 tried their luck recently?

...and no Gamestop, I did not learn my lesson. I had a fucking blast!
you will be lucky, if you are not banned for a whole year

...and no Gamestop, I did not learn my lesson. I had a fucking blast!
I got a trade hold during flip fest and checked today. Still says "exceeded trade limit" when i try to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back