GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone get the email about the offer for 50 extra trade in on xbone and ps4? I think the email said it starts the 22nd so after the current promo ends.

Question- do you think the values will hold or will this boost be super duper boosty?

Odd, my account shows my paid in full pre-orders, my $5 deposit pre-orders, and my deposit pre-orders no problem.
It's just not entirely accurate is what I'm saying. I almost actually believed I fully paid off my ps4 pre order because it says so on the app and site. I called the store up and I still have a $70 balance but the website says paid in full

It's just not entirely accurate is what I'm saying. I almost actually believed I fully paid off my ps4 pre order because it says so on the app and site. I called the store up and I still have a $70 balance but the website says paid in full
I get that, and that's why I said odd because I have 6 active pre-orders at varying levels of paid off and they are all accurate.

Upon closer inspection though, it looks like one of my stores is wrong but that's not a big deal.

The only accurate status you'll get is from an employee at the store, calling is easy to check up on a status. otherwise all my other pre order statuses are inaccurate. I mean come on, online it says I haven't picked up batman yet lol

Same thing happened to me. The app and the website say I've paid it in full.

You can go to www.poweruprewards.com and look at your preorders, their status, and the location you placed them.
Not entirely, my online orders don't appear there and my ps4 destiny pre order shows that I paid it in full when I know I owe at least $70 still
Yes, you can go to any GS location, and ask an employee to look up reservation/PUR accounts. Accounts can be found through:
1. Phone number
2. Last name and zip code
3. Email address

Reservation deposits don't disappear from a store's system, unless the store is closing. In that case, a reserve is transferred to the closest store.
Yeah if you know your phone number, last name and zip code or email address we can look it up and see what pre orders you have open and where you pre ordered them at.

You would have to go to that store though to cancel the pre orders.
The only accurate status you'll get is from an employee at the store, calling is easy to check up on a status. otherwise all my other pre order statuses are inaccurate. I mean come on, online it says I haven't picked up batman yet lol
Thank you guys for taking time and make the effort to reply and the advice given, really appreciated.

chnandler_bong, thank you for the advice, did check with Poweruprewards website, but it did not mention the Batman: Arkham Knight copies that were supposedly pre-ordered and had not picked up.

Main reason for the question was because just a week or 2 before release of Batman: Arkham Knight, an employee at one of the nearest location said there were 3 pre-orders at different locations 8-[ :oops: . Cannot remember why that was the case.

But few weeks ago before Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pains released, another employee at the same location looking into the pre-orders and did not mention the existence of 2 of the Batman that were not picked up. So gotten a little worry what might had happened.

Mainly because for some pre-orders, more than $5 were put down and also the receipts were misplaced and cannot remember which locations those were pre-ordered at. :oops: :whistle2:(

Will check with another Gamestop when possible, but likely will have to call few Gamestop locations to check.

Thanks again for the replies.

anyone traded a xbox one in lately and got the 50$ bonus?  I noticed they added it as a PRO promotion for 9/22-9/30.  Maybe that's just a glorified extension after the original 9/20 expiration that no longer shows on website...

probably old news but my local store finally got the new Amazon gift cards that you can load up to $500. they also got a few others including chipotle and ihop.

probably old news but my local store finally got the new Amazon gift cards that you can load up to $500. they also got a few others including chipotle and ihop.
nice, i might have to check my local gs, see if they stock up on ihop cards, so i can get my breakfast , while waiting for gs to open up.

Its dumb that the Nintendo DS games dont have cases at gamestop. Ask the associate behind the counter and his respones was like no but they way he said it was like "you idiot why would we have those".

I thought i could come in here to complain

lol, I've never been to an ihop ever in my life.
the only reason i am thinking about get the ihop gcs is, because near the closest ihop location to where i live. there is like 4 gamestop within close proximity. so i need that morning fuel, in case there is a trade exploit or glitch.

good news, for ur avid gamestop shoppers. gamestop is moving away from game bundle console with digital codes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/gamestop-refuses-to-sell-console-bundles-that-incl/1100-5272/

Over the last few years, we've seen the return of the classic "pack-in" console bundle, featuring both a game system and a game to play once you get it home. If you check major retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop or Target, not only will you find a wide selection of bundles, you'll actually have a hard time finding a brand new console that doesn't have a game packed in with it. And in almost all of these cases, the game promised on the front of the box is actually a card with a download code printed on it. Almost.

During a recent earnings report conference call, GameStop executives outlined their decision to move away from "digital" bundles and highlighted their recent effort to provide "physical" bundles instead. This new strategy went into effect just last month, with the release of Madden NFL 16. While other stores sold Xbox One and Playstation 4 bundles featuring digital copies of the football game, GameStop "worked with Sony, Microsoft, and EA" to reach an arrangement for the retailer to provide a physical copy with any new console purchased. This isn't just a little experiment either. GameStop COO Tony Bartel explained that if Sony and Microsoft continue to release digital bundles, GameStop will turn to "third party" physical-bundles. This could mean that they'll work out a deal with a major publisher like EA or Ubisoft to include a free physical copy of a recent release.

credit to gaf

Its dumb that the Nintendo DS games dont have cases at gamestop. Ask the associate behind the counter and his respones was like no but they way he said it was like "you idiot why would we have those".
I thought i could come in here to complain
Yep, I just have to use amazon. Alternatively, buying amazon gift cards at GameStop with credit.

We didn't have the Madden bundle from Microsoft but they did their own bundle where you bought a regular 1 tb Xbox you got Madden Deluxe for free so I dunno if thats what they are going to move to.

Im not sure how this will work with Sony since right now they only have the Last of Us Bundle which is a digital code and then Oct 9th is the Uncharted Bundle which is a digital code and I dont think so even makes PS4s without a game right now so I dont think they are just going to stop selling PS4s.

LOL.

GameStop trying to stay relevant and not carry something that will eventually kill them in 3-5 years.

Ok GameStop. Don't carry consoles with digital games. Other retailers will.

So are they going to open up my halo 5 console and put a disc in?
I read this news and for some reason it didn't register with me. I've PO'ed this console at GS to spend my ill-gotten gains from tradepocalypse a few months ago. If they aren't planning on carrying this console bundle with a digital copy of the game I see GS doing one of a few things:

1. Take the download token out of the bundle and opt to replace it at time of purchase with a physical copy of the game. Not likely.
  2. Work with MS to supply a version of this console with a physical copy of the game instead of the digital copy. Somewhat likely.
  3. Have instead a generic 1TB console and give a free copy of Halo 5 with it. DEAL KILLER.
  4. Leave the bundle alone. Is this possible at this point?

I'm going there on Friday and I will try to get some kind of clarification. If they open the console and replace the code, its not new and I want the code. I'm not going to trade halo in so I dont want the disc. I can already tell this will be problem.

I read this news and for some reason it didn't register with me. I've PO'ed this console at GS to spend my ill-gotten gains from tradepocalypse a few months ago. If they aren't planning on carrying this console bundle with a digital copy of the game I see GS doing one of a few things:

1. Take the download token out of the bundle and opt to replace it at time of purchase with a physical copy of the game. Not likely.
  2. Work with MS to supply a version of this console with a physical copy of the game instead of the digital copy. Somewhat likely.
  3. Have instead a generic 1TB console and give a free copy of Halo 5 with it. DEAL KILLER.
  4. Leave the bundle alone. Is this possible at this point?

Well they did the physical thing with the Madden bundle because they made it work . At the same time they have the Forza bundle with the digital code on sale now so who knows how they're going to play this thing.

Hm, well there will be a PS4 + free FIFA 16 promo starting next Monday, so it lines up with what the article talks about.

There have also been several "free game with PS4/XB1 purchase" promos the past four weeks. Madden 16, Far Cry 4, and now FIFA 16 as the free games, and are published by EA or Ubisoft.

Going to finally return my Day One :xb1: console since I bought the 2yr replacement plan. Curious to see how they're going to replace this since they obviously won't have those anymore. The disc reader has been broken since  January 2014. You have to hold the disc while the system is trying to pull it in for it to read or it won't play. Never bothered to go exchange it since I had 2 years and I might as well use it up.

It's been my backup in the living room since the SSO bundle came out though. Good thing is I bought it at my favorite GS so I'm going to go back to that one. Hopefully they let me choose a console (Forza :pray: ) and get a new/used kinect or keep mine since it was a Day One($499) and I would lose all that extra DO stuff. 

Going to finally return my Day One :xb1: console since I bought the 2yr replacement plan. Curious to see how they're going to replace this since they obviously won't have those anymore. The disc reader has been broken since January 2014. You have to hold the disc while the system is trying to pull it in for it to read or it won't play. Never bothered to go exchange it since I had 2 years and I might as well use it up.

It's been my backup in the living room since the SSO bundle came out though. Good thing is I bought it at my favorite GS so I'm going to go back to that one. Hopefully they let me choose a console (Forza :pray: ) and get a new/used kinect or keep mine since it was a Day One($499) and I would lose all that extra DO stuff.
What extra DO stuff are you talking about? I can only think of the controller. When I trade mine in, I'm taking my nephew's plain controller and giving him the Halo controller from the bundle.

What extra DO stuff are you talking about? I can only think of the controller. When I trade mine in, I'm taking my nephew's plain controller and giving him the Halo controller from the bundle.
Pretty much the controller and box. I don't care about either though. Just saying hopefully I get something better than a generic :xb1: + Kinect bundle since they can't replace the DO bundle. I'll take whatever though as long as it's new since the warranty is up in like 2 months. I have to be given another kinect also.

edit- I say new but it can be an opened unused console with a physical game replacing a digital code lol

Pretty much the controller and box. I don't care about either though. Just saying hopefully I get something better than a generic :xb1: + Kinect bundle since they can't replace the DO bundle. I'll take whatever though as long as it's new since the warranty is up in like 2 months. I have to be given another kinect also.

edit- I say new but it can be an opened unused console with a physical game replacing a digital code lol
Unless the policy has changed since the last time I had one of those warranties from gamestop they just give you a used console they have in stock. Last time I checked you also only get one exchange now unlike in the past where you got as many as needed in the warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back