GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a console haul on craiglist for 30$, and was wondering if a red light of death original 360 will trade in for anything, only has power wire not sure if they take it or need a controller can anyone confirm if i can get anything for it?

I'm assuming he is talking about the $100 trade in credit for a XBox 360 or PS3 when traded towards an XBO or PS4

Apparently there is a trade in promo, $250 for a XBO or PS4 when traded towards new XBO

I'm assuming he is talking about the $100 trade in credit for a XBox 360 or PS3 when traded towards an XBO or PS4
Not sure what your refering to, but i just checked the website and its $250 straight up for xbox or ps4 trade credit...

The $100 is a seperate deal.

so is the $250 for xbox one and ps4 consoles some kind of promo going on?
I just called and talked with a manager that I know and he told me that this promo just started today. Their is no end date specified and just says for a limited time in the e-mail they got this morning so this promo is legit. Hence get it while it is hot.

Anyone happen to know of the top of their head what the refurb is on a super slim PS3?  Thinking about upgrading my Day One to a Forza XB1, and I have a half-working 250GB PS3 Super Slim that I got hosed on from a Facebook deal.  I know, I can call... yadayadayada, just figured I'd ask here first.

Anyone happen to know of the top of their head what the refurb is on a super slim PS3? Thinking about upgrading my Day One to a Forza XB1, and I have a half-working 250GB PS3 Super Slim that I got hosed on from a Facebook deal. I know, I can call... yadayadayada, just figured I'd ask here first.
For trade in? I asked gamestop a few days ago and they wont even accept it at all.

I just called and talked with a manager that I know and he told me that this promo just started today. Their is no end date specified and just says for a limited time in the e-mail they got this morning so this promo is legit. Hence get it while it is hot.
I can't go today, so it looks like I'm trying tomorrow.

Hmmm trade in launch PS4 for Battlefront bundle or not is my dilemma. Anyone that has bought a newer PS4 that had a launch one, is the system a lot quieter? Mine sometimes is ridiculous how loud it'll get if on for an extended period of time.

Didn't Gamestop start selling console bundles with the disc version instead of the digital version? Anyone know if that's the case with the Xbox bundles or is that something that will happen down the line?

Hmmm trade in launch PS4 for Battlefront bundle or not is my dilemma. Anyone that has bought a newer PS4 that had a launch one, is the system a lot quieter? Mine sometimes is ridiculous how loud it'll get if on for an extended period of time.
Do it. Fresh warranty new controller. Never had noise problems on my launch ps4.

So, let me get this right. New games are $59.99, and they are $56.99 used...

When did that start?
I've seen this new pricing model from GS since early the year. . The $56.99 are only AAA games w broad appeals (GTA5, Batman, etc). Games like Witcher 3 and Bloodborne at release was still pricing at $54.99 for pre-own copies.

I just called mine and they told me $60 after refurb with trade towards an Xbox One. But the nearest store that has the Forza console is 70 miles away. :(
Ask the two GS stores if they will arrange for that console to be shipped closer to you.

Dang, I can't decide to trade my plain old 500GB for the $400 Forza bundle or chance it towards the Elite bundle next week....

For those that ordered the Astro A40 GameStop listed for $60, I just received an e-mail saying that this was an error and that they are giving a $20 online coupon.

For those that ordered the Astro A40 GameStop listed for $60, I just received an e-mail saying that this was an error and that they are giving a $20 online coupon.
Now I feel bad that I didn't put an order in, I was sure it was a price mistake so I didn't bother

Dear Large Cock McGee,

Our records indicate that you recently placed order # JELLO PUDDIN' POPS for the Astro A40 Headset. Unfortunately, this item was listed erroneously on our site.  Due to this error, we are cancelling your order.

​
We sincerely apologize for any confusion this has caused you. Please accept this $20 coupon code to use toward your next online purchase:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Simply enter this coupon in the “Promotional Code” field in your cart next time you check out. Offer is Online only and while supplies last. Not valid with other offers. Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC. Expires 12/31/2015.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Always remember that we are here for you.  Just reply to this email, or you can call us at 1-800-883-8895. Our agents are available Monday – Saturday from 8am – 10pm CST or on Sunday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com

I noticed the Xbox One Headset Adapter trades in for $15. Is it necessary to have if you own the new Xbox One controllers with the 3.5 jack?
It is not, but you do lose out on the ability to change the volume with physical buttons at your fingertips. There is a way to do it through the console but I'm not familiar with it. Once the chatpad goes live I won't be needing my headset adapter anymore.

I traded in my console(XBOX ONE) yesterday to gamestop and got 200 bucks for it, now today they offer 250 so I called gamestop online to see if there is anything they can do because thats just crazy how in one day it can jump 50 bucks so they issued me two 10 dollar coupons for future purchase the lady said they can be used in store only but the ones that she sent me are coupon codes looks like for online use only so contacting them again to see what can be done

I traded in my console(XBOX ONE) yesterday to gamestop and got 200 bucks for it, now today they offer 250 so I called gamestop online to see if there is anything they can do because thats just crazy how in one day it can jump 50 bucks so they issued me two 10 dollar coupons for future purchase the lady said they can be used in store only but the ones that she sent me are coupon codes looks like for online use only so contacting them again to see what can be done
I would not do this. If it was a legitimate mistake, by all means, but this was not.

I would not do this. If it was a legitimate mistake, by all means, but this was not.
Well there is no harm in asking I mean I can understand if it were a week later but to boom change the price in one day there is absolutely no harm in asking its a legit question if I had known yesterday the price would be higher today I would have gone in today its a difference of one day

Well there is no harm in asking I mean I can understand if it were a week later but to boom change the price in one day there is absolutely no harm in asking its a legit question if I had known yesterday the price would be higher today I would have gone in today its a difference of one day
That's fine, I suppose, just tread lightly, you don't want LP flagging your account.

Ask the two GS stores if they will arrange for that console to be shipped closer to you.
Negatory. They told me they would do it for smaller items, but not for consoles. And it figures that the Best Buy down the road has the Forza in stock too. Ugh, I refuse to drive 4 hours round trip for this console...

That's fine, I suppose, just tread lightly, you don't want LP flagging your account.
I talked to gamestop online..he talked to the supervisor..and he went ahead and added 25,000 points to my gamestop account so when I want to I can go to the store and get two 15 dollar certificates so that is basically 30 bucks off in store purchase so thats great. I dont see why my account would be flagged its a legitimate question and it was a legitimate concern. There was no attempt to scam anyone just a honest question since yesterday I got 200 and today they offer 250 if I had waited one more day I would have gotten the same amount so they are losing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back