GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
got turned down again trying to trade in the xbox headset adapter without whatever cords it is suppose to have. this guy actually told me there are 2 cables, one to charge it with and one to connect to the headset. what kind of cord do i need to give these guys to get them to take this damn thing?

got turned down again trying to trade in the xbox headset adapter without whatever cords it is suppose to have. this guy actually told me there are 2 cables, one to charge it with and one to connect to the headset. what kind of cord do i need to give these guys to get them to take this damn thing?
The cords the came with the adapter when you bought it.

For the trading in xbox one to get 250 dollars towards a new xbox one, will I need the kinect or are they going to charge me a fee for not having it?

It's the short adapter cord that goes from 3.5mm to 2.5mm. There is no charger cord for it.

The cords the came with the adapter when you bought it.
i bought the stereo headset, that cord is connected to the headset, and now plugs directly into the new controllers.

It's the short adapter cord that goes from 3.5mm to 2.5mm. There is no charger cord for it.
so, im guessing this isnt a cord im just going to have laying around, unless xbox 360 had similar cords for their headsets?

i bought the stereo headset, that cord is connected to the headset, and now plugs directly into the new controllers.

so, im guessing this isnt a cord im just going to have laying around, unless xbox 360 had similar cords for their headsets?
I'm pretty sure i remember rockband guitars coming with a similar one, but yeah, it's not a common cord.

Is there a end date set on this $250 deal?

I've got my launch console that I don't use anymore, so $250 seems like a solid deal. Will allow me to easily convert to BBY credit and wait to see what they can offer on BF.

Is there a end date set on this $250 deal?

I've got my launch console that I don't use anymore, so $250 seems like a solid deal. Will allow me to easily convert to BBY credit and wait to see what they can offer on BF.
Trade in value is guaranteed until November 15th, 2015. If you go to gamestop.com, click on Xbox One and then click on the $250 trade in offer. The date is listed in the fine print below.

xbox1 trade in, do i need to trade in the powersupply adapter ,controller and headset ??

ps4 has the same trade in value. fyi

Do you have to put the trade in value towards an Xbox One at the time you trade in the PS4/X1 or can you wait? Would love to trade it in for $250 and wait until Black Friday as I figure, worse case scenario, all the console bundles are the same as they are right now.

Trading in a ps4, ps vita and a 3ds tomorrow. My ps4 has trouble if I swap discs it can't read the second disc I put in it. If I reboot the system it reads the discs fine. My Vita I just want to replace it and the 3ds hurts my hands. Glad they ran the promo

Trading in a ps4, ps vita and a 3ds tomorrow. My ps4 has trouble if I swap discs it can't read the second disc I put in it. If I reboot the system it reads the discs fine. My Vita I just want to replace it and the 3ds hurts my hands. Glad they ran the promo
The problem with your PS4 had to do with a recent update. you couldn't use eject to power on the system, otherwise it wouldn't read the disc. If I am reading this right that seems to be your problem? are the on the latest update? If you are and that isn't the problem, ignore me, I had the same problem and it was easily fixed.

The problem with your PS4 had to with a recent update. you couldn't use eject to power on the system, otherwise it wouldn't read the disc. If I am reading this right that seems to be your problem? are the on the latest update? If you are and that isn't the problem, ignore me, I had the same problem and it was easily fixed.
Maybe, it's not a real issue I suppose. What would happen is if I power on the ps4 with a game in it I could play it fine and if my wife later on decides she wants to put in a movie for our son like Toy Story, once that movie enters the ps4 my system won't recognize it until I reboot it entirely. And it seems to happen each time

Just got back from my Gamestop. Traded in my day one Xbox. It went quite well, but I probably should have formatted it at home, even though I know they do it. Anyways, they were pretty surprised to see the new UI on it so they took a look at that for a minute before pulling the trigger. Got 250 for it, but I was little hesitant on getting the ebay gift card. I know you can use them to get best buy e-gift cards, but will those work in store?

Finally got my ebay card.  fuck me what an ordeal.  Now I'm just waiting for the card to go active so I can get the Forza console.  

Best Buy is doing a deal where the Locke controller is $35 with the purchase of a new Xbox One, so now I'm debating if I really need a third controller.  I'm sure I could sell the REQ code for ~$10 or so, making the controller $25 instead.

Finally got my ebay card. fuck me what an ordeal. Now I'm just waiting for the card to go active so I can get the Forza console.

Best Buy is doing a deal where the Locke controller is $35 with the purchase of a new Xbox One, so now I'm debating if I really need a third controller. I'm sure I could sell the REQ code for ~$10 or so, making the controller $25 instead.
You have six hands?? You don't need it man

Just got back from my Gamestop. Traded in my day one Xbox. It went quite well, but I probably should have formatted it at home, even though I know they do it.buy. Theways, they were pretty surprised to see the new UI on it so they took a look at that for a minute before pulling the trigger. Got 250 for it, but I was little hesitant on getting the ebay gift card. I know you can use them to get best buy e-gift cards, but will those work in store?
Yeah can someone clarify this? I'm about to do some trades to gamestop but I'm only going to be sitting around $175 credit and I REALLY want a new 3ds xl and would love to price match frys price at best buy. The part I'm confused on is buying eBay cards and then I can get best buy credit? Can someone elaborate on this process. I'm actually running around right now or I would on my own, :(

Yeah can someone clarify this? I'm about to do some trades to gamestop but I'm only going to be sitting around $175 credit and I REALLY want a new 3ds xl and would love to price match frys price at best buy. The part I'm confused on is buying eBay cards and then I can get best buy credit? Can someone elaborate on this process. I'm actually running around right now or I would on my own, :(
Some stores are now selling eBay gift cards (YMMV on using credit on them now though). Then use the ebay gift card to buy a Best Buy digital giftcard (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262075905712?var=560853814072). That's what I'm in process of doing now.

Speaking of, how long does it take for eBay cards to activate. It's been 2 hours and mine still isn't activated.

You have six hands?? You don't need it man
I know, but it's good to have backups. Kids are controller killers, ya know.

Buy Ebay Gift Cards.. go to Ebay. Buy Best Buy Gift cards... it isn't that hard! Someone posted the direct link for Best Buy giftcards a few pages back.

Some stores are now selling eBay gift cards (YMMV on using credit on them now though). Then use the ebay gift card to buy a Best Buy digital giftcard (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262075905712?var=560853814072). That's what I'm in process of doing now.

Speaking of, how long does it take for eBay cards to activate. It's been 2 hours and mine still isn't activated.

I know, but it's good to have backups. Kids are controller killers, ya know.
Thank you, I'm at the store now and I see exactly what your talking about

Some of those eBay cards could be instant, some can by hours or days. They are the most random and worst gift cards ever.

Finally got my ebay card. fuck me what an ordeal. Now I'm just waiting for the card to go active so I can get the Forza console.

Best Buy is doing a deal where the Locke controller is $35 with the purchase of a new Xbox One, so now I'm debating if I really need a third controller. I'm sure I could sell the REQ code for ~$10 or so, making the controller $25 instead.
If you wait until next week you can buy the forza bundle and get a free $50 gc and $59.99 or less game at best buy (Nov6-7) I think. Saw it on the best buy ad post for next week

I get that but how is trading in something for $250, buying ebay giftcards, buying bestbuy giftcards with those ebay giftcards and then spending an additonal $150 at bb a deal? I'm missing that part where you make up the extra $150.

I get that but how is trading in something for $250, buying ebay giftcards, buying bestbuy giftcards with those ebay giftcards and then spending an additonal $150 at bb a deal? I'm missing that part where you make up the extra $150.
You don't, rather you get an upgraded Xbox one that is still in warranty, a free game, and a $50 gift card for $150. Upgrading to 1 $tb is about $100, plus $60 game, plus $50 gift card, you save $50 doing this and get a new warranty on your xbox

If you wait until next week you can buy the forza bundle and get a free $50 gc and $59.99 or less game at best buy (Nov6-7) I think. Saw it on the best buy ad post for next week
The problem with that is the Forza bundle is getting rare, Best Buy is the only store within 2 hours of me that has it in stock, and who knows if there's another run of them coming. I guess I could try to return/rebuy next week and pass on the Locke controller this week.

New console, new warranty, free game and 1tb hd if you get the forza console.

Tempting to do that. Let's say:

$250 TIV

$50 GC

~$40 GC if you were to trade in the free game = $340. So, a ~$60 upgrade for a fresh console, warranty, and bigger HD.

Its best to do this deal next week on the 6th.

Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle - $399.99 (Available Tuesday)

• Free $50 Best Buy gift card with the purchase of an Xbox One console
  • Free game $59.99 and under with purchase of an Xbox One console (11/6-11/8 only)

You would get the console, a $50 gc, and a free game (call of duty). That would make this deal worth it I guess.

The problem with that is the Forza bundle is getting rare, Best Buy is the only store within 2 hours of me that has it in stock, and who knows if there's another run of them coming. I guess I could try to return/rebuy next week and pass on the Locke controller this week.
Tell me about it... Been on a wild goose chase... Someone has it "reserved" at my closest location. Still debating on if i should take a 2 hour drive for one.

Im my case i would be paying $25-50 to upgrade.

Tell me about it... Been on a wild goose chase... Someone has it "reserved" at my closest location. Still debating on if i should take a 2 hour drive for one.

Im my case i would be paying $25-50 to upgrade.
fuck, this makes me very nervous now. I really want that Forza console. I'd pick up the Halo console, but that's 100 bucks.

Oh, just man up and wait until 11/03/2015 and get the Elite 1TB Console.

52EidsT.jpg

For me, I plan to renew my PURP for a B2G1 coupon and make a small profit moving the credit to BB with the trade bonus, rather than taking the long route of going to GS, buying eBay GCs, buying BB eGCs, then going to BB. I will go to GS, then straight to BB for flips, which will also mean points on the trades, which doing the eBay route will cost you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back