GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting rid of an Xbox One and a 250gb Slim 360 if they're still handing out the $100 value towards the purchase of the Elite...

We'll see how it goes.

EBay card finally activated, now to wait for the Best Buy ecard to show up. So much waiting...
I just noticed that they have the Locke controller 50% when you buy a X1 console, I wonder how that will play out if I purchase it and decide to do a return and rebuy next week.

Yeah, I debated that but I'm sure they'll deny a double promo dip. They'll probably make you return the controller, or deduct the extra 35 from your "refund"

Just got home with mine.  This thing is pretty, but the A button on the controller doesn't feel right.   :wall:

I also asked about returning/rebuying next week and he said it should be no problem and to just bring the receipt with.  $50 GC and another free game?  Hellz yeah!

what do you plan on flipping? I might just do that to get an elite console.
Well, like I said, the newer games should be a net positive on credit with a B2G1, no problem. I'd have to go look, but Forza 6, Mario Kart 8, and Smash for the Wii U woudl be 3 you could go after. $50 for 2, third free, $43.20 each at GS.

Just got home with mine. This thing is pretty, but the A button on the controller doesn't feel right. :wall:

I also asked about returning/rebuying next week and he said it should be no problem and to just bring the receipt with. $50 GC and another free game? Hellz yeah!
Damn, the return/rebuy makes it more tempting to just try to get the console now. I might pop by my store and ask someone about it, though I'll probably wait until Sunday anyway, so I AT LEAST get the gift card. I can hold out for a day and a half on the GS trade.

Just got home with mine. This thing is pretty, but the A button on the controller doesn't feel right. :wall:

I also asked about returning/rebuying next week and he said it should be no problem and to just bring the receipt with. $50 GC and another free game? Hellz yeah!
Man, I hope the controller ends up working well for you. I'm going to get mine tomorrow and just keep it sealed I think.

Man, I hope the controller ends up working well for you. I'm going to get mine tomorrow and just keep it sealed I think.
Thanks. It feels like the inside wasn't deburred properly, almost like it wants to stick if I hit it from angle. I'm going to give it a few days of use and see if it clears up or I'm going to have to send it to MS.

Thanks. It feels like the inside wasn't deburred properly, almost like it wants to stick if I hit it from angle. I'm going to give it a few days of use and see if it clears up or I'm going to have to send it to MS.
How long did it take for your ebay gc to activate?

The problem with that is the Forza bundle is getting rare, Best Buy is the only store within 2 hours of me that has it in stock, and who knows if there's another run of them coming. I guess I could try to return/rebuy next week and pass on the Locke controller this week.
I really do love that blue console and controller. If they were running a promo where I could get a bump on a 360/PS3 as well to cover more of the difference I would probably do the same.

Better play it and make sure. I haven't heard issues with the Forza controller but have heard button issues with other variants of that new model.

Better play it and make sure. I haven't heard issues with the Forza controller but have heard button issues with other variants of that new model.
Yea, I had gotten a covert one that had a messed up X button. It felt like the button was jammed in and lower than the other buttons. It was too much to ignore since that is a very important button. I was able to get a replaced luckily.

Quick question guys i found a wii u pro and a ps3 dual shock controller gonna trade them in will i need any cables or cords when i do so?

Limit: One

They run this about once a week, so you can do it every week if you wish.
Gotcha, I see it forced me to only add one to cart, but I didn't know if I could just do another transaction when the first came in. I'm on mobile so I didn't see a limit mentioned in the description.

Please be aware that PayPal Digital Gifts has some GC limit that they enforce whenever they feel like it. Some claim that it's $5,000.00/month, but some hit it before, some after or some not at all. This goes across all GCs they sell (BB, Staples, etc.). 

Please be aware that PayPal Digital Gifts has some GC limit that they enforce whenever they feel like it. Some claim that it's $5,000.00/month, but some hit it before, some after or some not at all. This goes across all GCs they sell (BB, Staples, etc.).
For me it is $1,000 on a rolling 30 days. If it doesn't allow you to buy just wait a few days.

Not that I'd ever hit anything remotely close to that but does that limit apply to per month or per several like 6 months? $5,000 is an awful lot.

Not that I'd ever hit anything remotely close to that but does that limit apply to per month or per several like 6 months? $5,000 is an awful lot.
It all depends on Paypal and what they consider suspicious activity. I've been hit with limits for spending for $200-300 in E-gift cards from Paypal gifts, but I was still able to checkout a transaction with Giftcardmall...so who knows

So with an Xbox one trading in for $250 I'm thinking of trading mine for a new Xbox One for the new warranty mainly. What's the best route that loose the least many is it straight to GS or should I buy eBay gift cards to buy Best Buy Gift cards?

So with an Xbox one trading in for $250 I'm thinking of trading mine for a new Xbox One for the new warranty mainly. What's the best route that loose the least many is it straight to GS or should I buy eBay gift cards to buy Best Buy Gift cards?
I'm going the eBay to BB route and waiting until the 6th.

Trade Xbox One for $250 at Gamestop

Buy $250 eBay card

Buy $250 Best Buy card off eBay

Buy Forza 6 Xbox One Bundle for $399 at Best Buy (150+ tax OOP)

Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card and free $59.99 or under game with the Forza bundle.

The problem with that is the Forza bundle is getting rare, Best Buy is the only store within 2 hours of me that has it in stock, and who knows if there's another run of them coming. I guess I could try to return/rebuy next week and pass on the Locke controller this week.
This is why I'm glad I jumped on the Target deal for $340 at the beginning of the month.

Buy $250 eBay card

is the Forza game in the bundle Disc or download?

Buy $250 eBay card
I was considering doing the same, however I want an white XB1. Seems like only Walmart has it, and it's only 500gb. Although the Walmart bundle includes gears, extra remote and a extra game (TTK, FIFA 16, Madden 16). Does eBay has Walmart gift cards? I was thinking of just getting the $200 cash from GS and paying the $180 OOP. My system been very laggy & buggy I want to get rid of it. Idk if it's because I'm in the preview program or is XB1 dash always been ass?

I was considering doing the same, however I want an white XB1. Seems like only Walmart has it, and it's only 500gb. Although the Walmart bundle includes gears, extra remote and a extra game (TTK, FIFA 16, Madden 16). Does eBay has Walmart gift cards? I was thinking of just getting the $200 cash from GS and paying the $180 OOP. My system been very laggy & buggy I want to get rid of it. Idk if it's because I'm in the preview program or is XB1 dash always been ass?
I'm trading my White Sunset Overdrive console in. The irony

I think the interface has always been ass. Every Xbone I've owned has had lag. It's tolerable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back