GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont notice any lag... No better or worse than the ps4 honestly.

Anyways... I drove the 2 hours and got the forza bundle... Ive been on and off with getting it for months now. Setback after setback. Had a horrible week and needed to lift my spirits. $50 bucks out of pocket aint bad ... Not bad at all.

Hope it all works out for everyone else whos trying to upgrade!

If you trade in a 360 for $100 towards an Xbox One, can you  return that Xbox One for the $100 credit? I'd like to shift that credit to Best Buy through eBay gift cards if possible.

I'm going the eBay to BB route and waiting until the 6th.

Trade Xbox One for $250 at Gamestop

Buy $250 eBay card

Buy $250 Best Buy card off eBay

Buy Forza 6 Xbox One Bundle for $399 at Best Buy (150+ tax OOP)

Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card and free $59.99 or under game with the Forza bundle.
Basically my plan as well. I was planning to buy Forza on Black Friday anyway so factoring in all the other upgrades it is a pretty good deal.

I will do this is you guys can tell me if I can move all of my data to my external and plug it into a new Xbox and it will work.
Yes absolutely..all you have to do is put ALL of your games on external(That is how I have mine set up) then when you get your new console, put in your XBOX LIVE account into your new console, plug in your external drive and thats it

Yes absolutely..all you have to do is put ALL of your games on external(That is how I have mine set up) then when you get your new console, put in your XBOX LIVE account into your new console, plug in your external drive and thats it
Thanks, I can move the stuff that is on my internal HDD to my external, right? I got the external after I filled up the internal.

Thanks, I can move the stuff that is on my internal HDD to my external, right? I got the external after I filled up the internal.
Yep that is exactly right..it will take some time of course depending on what you have but yes it can be done. I automatically stored everything on my external drive, the only thing I had on internal were the xbox apps like espn, nba, wwe and stuff like that..everything else was on external automatically

On that, does anyone use the USB-powered drives? I remember something about MS recommending a wall-powered one, but isn't the Bone-branded one USB-powered? I wasn't even thinking about saving my games on an external, and if I want to, I'll have to borrow my dad's USB-powered one (my AC one fell from a shelf and ate it).

On that, does anyone use the USB-powered drives? I remember something about MS recommending a wall-powered one, but isn't the Bone-branded one USB-powered? I wasn't even thinking about saving my games on an external, and if I want to, I'll have to borrow my dad's USB-powered one (my AC one fell from a shelf and ate it).
This is the one I use.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00IVFDNFK

I bought it for $60 in April, you can find cheaper ones.

I use the WD Elements 2 TB that is USB powered. Don't have any issues with it. In fact, I prefer it as there is less clutter behind my TV (which is already crazy as is). That and it is pretty tiny so it doesn't take up much space.

I use a Seagate 2TB without issue.

I use the 2 TB xbox branded seagate drive which is just USB powered and it works great, my downloads seems to be going way slower since downloading direct to it, may just be my internet though

For those who still havent done the xbox one/ps4 $250 trade in boost, make sure to donate a buck to the childrens charity. It should generate 15000 in your poweruprewards account which is the equivalent of $15.

Well, while attempting to upgrade to the Forza console I got one of the dreaded Best Buy "ghost orders". Basically, no order was processed but my gift cards are showing zero balance. After calling BB, I was told it could take up to 24 hours to get the balance back on the card but others around the internet have said as long as 8 days. Anyone here have experience with this?

What a headache.

why didn't you just go instore and buy it there?
That's easy enough to say in hindsight, but I never anticipated having this kind of issue.

My gift cards were all e-gift cards that specifically said "Best Buy e-gift cards cannot be redeemed in store from a mobile device. Print this page and bring into the store to redeem". I don't have a printer so I was trying to avoid any hassle with that.

That's easy enough to say in hindsight, but I never anticipated having this kind of issue.

My gift cards were all e-gift cards that specifically said "Best Buy e-gift cards cannot be redeemed in store from a mobile device. Print this page and bring into the store to redeem". I don't have a printer so I was trying to avoid any hassle with that.
I've always used my phone for e-gift cards. Not saying you should have known that but in the future they shouldn't give you a hassle.

I've always used my phone for e-gift cards. Not saying you should have known that but in the future they shouldn't give you a hassle.
Yeah that's kind of what I thought. Really the only reason I didn't just go to BB and try it is that my local store doesn't have the Forza console in stock, I would have been going to a store about half an hour away.

From gamestop:

Beginning November 1 and running through the end of the year, customers can stop by any GameStopSimply Mac, orSpring Mobile AT&T stores to make a donation. Customers can also donate at the newly opened ThinkGeek store located in The Florida Mall, in Orlando, Florida.

As a ‘thank you’ to customers who donate $1 or more, this year GameStop is offering triple PowerUp Reward points, an extra 10% trade-in value for all Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games traded in and a 25% discount on a custom Skin-It sleeve design.

I want to trade in my xbox one but just want to get another (not so broke) system. Hate to be that guy but someone else traded it in to amazon the condition it is and it got graded as like new somehow. It still is under warranty for a few more days but concerned that Microsoft would come back with a "ya we're going to have to charge you because this system might of been tempered with". Casing looks like it wasn't entirely put on properly but may try to push it to see if it snaps back into place. Warranty seal looks fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Customers can also donate at the newly opened ThinkGeek store located in The Florida Mall, in Orlando, Florida.
Thanks for posting this sentence. Did not know this was a thing - every time I think about pulling the trigger on something, shipping changes my mind.

Wonder if they accept GameStop credit. Probably not, based on history with MovieStop.

New coupons is $20 off of Tearaway and $15 off ps4/xbox one head set (can't remember which, have to look) starting tomorrow I believe and an extra $50 when you trade in a PS4 or Xbox One starting the 16th.

$300 to trade in my xbox sounds good to me. Though I expect GS to drop the TiV on that back down to $200 first lol

$300 to trade in my xbox sounds good to me. Though I expect GS to drop the TiV on that back down to $200 first lol
And I thought the $250 TIV was a promo value. But if it mirrors what happened with the value last time there was a $50 bump, they will drop it $25 to $225 giving you a total TIV of $275. But I highly doubt that.

And I thought the $250 TIV was a promo value. But if it mirrors what happened with the value last time there was a $50 bump, they will drop it $25 to $225 giving you a total TIV of $275. But I highly doubt that.
Actually last time they did it the dropped the value from 200 to 175 so really the coupon was only giving you $25 more. If we get lucky they wont lower the value on monday and can trade it in for $300

Actually last time they did it the dropped the value from 200 to 175 so really the coupon was only giving you $25 more. If we get lucky they wont lower the value on monday and can trade it in for $300
That's what I meant, the TIV went from $200 to $175 then the $50 BTIV got added.

This'll sound mean-spirited, but I hope the XB1 TIV base drops a bit so I don't end up kicking myself for trading in mine on Thursday. :wall:

Finally traded up and got my zelda new nintendo 3ds but Idk if I want to keep it. When examining the box I noticed there's no stickers to keep it sealed, will that be problem if I make a return?

Wow... I went out of my way to another GS to trade in my Xbox One to a different store because $250 was a good deal and the store near me closed early and there may be an extra $50 tomorrow. FML. The idiot employees couldn't figure out how to do the donation so I could get the extra points so I didn't get that and it took the guy 30 minutes to test my Xbox. Should've just gone straight home from the gym like I always do.

Tried trading in my xbox one. Was told there is a $50 defect fee ($250->$200). I won't mind doing it if I call Microsoft and they tell me that there might be some fee to get my xbox one replaced (I only have 4 or so days left of my warranty).

When the girl was testing the system using the controller, the lights were blinking real fast. Doesn't that mean the batteries were weak? Do all stores test the game systems? Either way will do the right thing, just would like to know. Also when I formatted lost the ability to still play AC: Unity (not concerned as much, cheap to rebuy if I want it), even though I moved it to an external. Guess I should of made the system a home console before I factory reset.

Tried traditemy xbox one. Was told there is a $50 defect fee ($250->$200). I won't mind doing it if I call Microsoft and they tell me that there might be some fee to get my xbox one replaced (I only have 4 or so days left of my warranty).

When the girl was testing the system using the controller, the lights were blinking real fast. Doesn't that mean the batteries were weak? Do all stores test the game systems? Either way will do the right thing, just would like to know. Also when I formatted lost the ability to still play AC: Unity (not concerned as much, cheap to rebuy if I want it), even though I moved it to an external. Guess I should of made the system a home console before I factory reset.
Try new batteries and a different store. Some don't test. Also I even had one employee refuse my Vita, I told them to try again, lol like come on

I pre-ordered the Elite console with my Xbox One trade in but now I am wondering if I should wait for a good deal on a 1TB console. I can always get the controller by itself if there is a good deal on BF and I don't care about the Hybrid drive since it appears the benefits are very minimal. 

Try new batteries and a different store. Some don't test. Also I even had one employee refuse my Vita, I told them to try again, lol like come on
I factory reset the system before I brought it in, so wasn't sure if the controller needs to be plugged up via USB in order to have it work initially. I wouldn't mind the $50 bonus on the trade in but really don't want to wait too long if the trade in deal becomes less then $200 for me. Will see what Microsoft says first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back