GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have the black console with scratches, forget about getting $250
Wasn't addressed (edit though you probably are just saying in general, sorry). My xbox one console doesn't really have scratches anyways, my wii u I got from cowboom does.

I traded in a 360 a while ago and it literally had repeated scratches from a screw/nail and the guy never flipped it over to look at it, got the full $150. :D

Decided to deal with the chat tonight, doing all sorts of steps not covered anywhere I seen. Will see if this resolves my issue and might repaste later. Edit - not even worth it, just going to have the console sent off. Hopefully expedited shipping will speed it up some...

Thought these printed out, do they not? I donated $1 today, didn't get anything on the receipt. I'm not that worried about it, just a heads up for others. I will check my account tomorrow and see if it shows up.

The 250$ value for X1/PS4 ends on the 15th .
Yes, but there is always a chance they may not lower the value till the evening. With games that got that weekend promo base bump they were suppose to end sunday night but stick around for an extra day or two so if we get lucky that might be the case with this.

The 250$ value for X1/PS4 ends on the 15th .
Employees from several stores Saturday told me there was no end date and could end anytime, unless that is new information as of Sunday.

Either way, I'm sending my xbox one off for repair due to the wireless controllers not syncing, so not sure when I will get it back (chose expedited shipping as mentioned earlier), kind of making it doubtful that I will get the $250 trade in. Losing out on playing some GTA Online in the meantime...

What makes that credible? Edit - which is why I asked, so figured much. Never was a jedi.

End date is Nov 15th. Source: Me.
You're right

718x305_TMSM_250Credit.jpg

You're right

718x305_TMSM_250Credit.jpg
One could say this could only be true for the promo, and the base could actually still drop... Who knows, I don't want to risk it so I'll be dumping mines off before hand. Just want to finish halo before friday so i can dump it off to BBY.

[quote name="HyperG" post="13001296" timestamp="1446446255"]Showing on the front page. That free controller offer with a new xbox one must be new.[/quote]

Starts today and runs through 11/8
What is odd is that the ad says ANY console but when you click it you are taken to a website with a handful of consoles to choose from, none of which are mine. I'm asking about it anyway.

The promotion of TRADING IT IN TOWARDS A CONSOLE ends the 15th. The current straight up $250 value credit could end at anytime. You're both right.

Does anyone know if the extra $10 for a current generation game towards the purchase of Halo five is limited to one game or can you trade multiple and get the extra $10?

For those who still havent done the xbox one/ps4 $250 trade in boost, make sure to donate a buck to the childrens charity. It should generate 15000 in your poweruprewards account which is the equivalent of $15.
I donated $5.00 to the charity and traded in my release day Xbox One 500gb console. I'm only seeing 5,000 points or so for the transaction. I'm hoping that the 3x bonus will show up in the next few days.

I donated $5.00 to the charity and traded in my release day Xbox One 500gb console. I'm only seeing 5,000 points or so for the transaction. I'm hoping that the 3x bonus will show up in the next few days.
Which console did you end up going with Isual? I'm thinking of doing the same but for the Elite console.

Picking up the Elite 1TB Console tomorrow.  

Yes, I know...not the most price conscience of consoles, but I've been good all week.

Picking up the Elite 1TB Console tomorrow.

Yes, I know...not the most price conscience of consoles, but I've been good all week.
was thinking of buying it myself, but even if i trade in my xbox one I'll still have to pay 290 or something like that.

I traded in 2 day one Xbox Ones on Saturday no problem.  Just took the console, power block, controller, and HDMI cable for each.  They tested only one of them as I had reset both consoles already and they didn't want to hassle with setting up the other one.  No problem at all.  They did give me some trouble over the Vita we traded in with it but that was only because it wasn't charged and until it had enough charge to to turn on he wouldn't finalize the deal.

Walked out with over $600 in ebay cards and already got best buy cards to go get a new xbox one for my son on Friday when the free game and $50 card hits.

FYI we traded these in because my son's xbox one would randomly not turn on and mine was losing connection with the internet.  Neither in warranty so this was a good way to get new systems for us.

I listed my white PS4 on Craigslist before taking the gamestop route and someone offered me a forza xbox with a Locke controller. Now I'm gonna trade in my white xbone.

Hmm... I do not have a controller to trade in with my X1 and so I was thinking of borrowing one from a friend and buying them a new one during BF. Now that you get a free controller however I am even more tempted to do this since there is no overhanging thing I have to do after and then it is of course saving me about $40. I may go tonight then and hopefully still have time to put money down on the Elite Bundle. I would say I think there should be plenty of those units left because of the high price but hell, look at those Elite controller : /

I want to trade in my PS4 and pick up a 1TB one later on; but, I dont have the black controller and I am not ready to part with my blue/red controllers. Damn it!

I want to trade in my PS4 and pick up a 1TB one later on; but, I dont have the black controller and I am not ready to part with my blue/red controllers. Damn it!
You could tell the employee that you will open up the new ps4 in store and give them the new controller. If your willing to do that of course.

Feel like trading in my current Xbox for the $250 because of the free game and controller deals popping everywhere. Who usually have the best BF console deals, Gamestop, BestBuy or Amazon? I kinda prefer Gamestop since I wouldn't have to pay tax with the trade credits but Ive never shop consoles during this time of the year.

Deader2818, on 02 Nov 2015 - 2:13 PM, said:
Its the same thing. Microsoft paid for marketing to make people think you have to buy an Xbox one to get the deal.
It's weird and the store associates will try to convince you to get a console that moment you try to initiate the trade in. I'm going to keep my eyes on the site because the value will definitely drop once people realize the truth.

They are telling you that because they want you to buy something. Some employees are dishonest or don't know any better. You do not need to buy an Xbox one.

Can someone explain to me why a gamestop employee made me put my trade in credit on a separate card? Guess the employee didn't know how to put it on my PUR card, that was a first.

Random find, if you are looking for the Hot Wheel Super Mario Bros. vehicles, the last gamestop I was at had 2 out (Super Mario Bros 3 was one of them, can't think of what the other was). They had just put them out, so guess if you are looking for them, keep your eyes out for them as they are on pegs randomly in the store. I didn't bother getting either.

Can someone explain to me why a gamestop employee made me put my trade in credit on a separate card? Guess the employee didn't know how to put it on my PUR card, that was a first.
I never use my PUR card. Always get the trade credit cards. Not that I'm worried about being banned or whatever, but I feel like it's a decent way to avoid losing credit if it happens.

Random find, if you are looking for the Hot Wheel Super Mario Bros. vehicles, the last gamestop I was at had 2 out (Super Mario Bros 3 was one of them, can't think of what the other was). They had just put them out, so guess if you are looking for them, keep your eyes out for them as they are on pegs randomly in the store. I didn't bother getting either.
I traded in my Xbox One yesterday and the employee tried to do the same with me and he tried to tell me he couldn't put it on my PUR card... :roll:. Hate bashing on people but where does GS find these incompetent idiots? He took 30 minutes to test my Xbox and had not idea about the donation to get 3X the points even though they had a sign at the register.

I traded in my Xbox One yesterday and the employee tried to do the same with me and he tried to tell me he couldn't put it on my PUR card... :roll:. Hate bashing on people but where does GS find these incompetent idiots? He took 30 minutes to test my Xbox and had not idea about the donation to get 3X the points even though they had a sign at the register.
GS is in the middle of training holiday hires & new third key holders hired outside the company & you likely got one of them.

The two new third keys hired at the store I shop at (one of the old ones was promoted to another store & the other quit) had a combined amount of experience of 4 months before they were promoted to that store.

Disney Fantasia

3.99 with GCU

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-fantasia-music-evolved-xbox-one/8474031.p?id=1219339619657&skuId=8474031&productCategoryId=pcmcat303600050005

Gamestop offers 4.40 with PUR

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/multiplatform/games/disney-fantasia-music-evolved/116772

Not much of a flip but this would be a good game to trade in towards Halo 5 for the $10 bonus that they got going.
Was going to mention that last night in the DOTD thread but figured it was pointless with the 4 for $10 going on. My last several trips has been nothing but "free" games.

Buy 4, trade 2 back, my collection is filling out nicely. Thanks Michael Jackson!!!
Traded in the 3rd MJ today, so probably won't trade that in anymore. Couldn't find a Ghostbusters for PS3, or any filler to get the one on my last trip. Will have to check my receipts to make sure I am not going over 3 on certain game trade ins. Not sure if that is the only limit. Only made the trip earlier since I had to go through the trouble of sending off my xbox one for repair (or replacement hopefully).

It's part of the 4-for-$10 and trades back in for $5 base at Gamestop, so if you have PUR, it's a $2.24 -> $5.50 boomerang.
MJ Wii and something that trades in for 4 (Ghostbusters PS3, NBA Street PS3, Xmen Origins Wolverine PS3) get a total of 9.90 back traded in, meaning you're getting the other two games for free.

Thanks for all the info these last couple pages about XB1 base $250. Saw it wrongly reported on another site as weekend only last night and thought I missed out. I happily dumped my console off for gift cards today as Halo didn't do anything for me and no exclusives coming I need for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back