GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Elite Controller from France doesn't look like it is going to work out... : /

I guess I will be going tomorrow to take advantage of this promo and trade up my X1 for the Elite Console bundle. They better have plenty of them in stock in my area beyond preorders...

Just got this in my email. Not sure if its a new trade promotion.

gfdgfdgfd.gif
I'm going to cry, just traded in my Vita and 3ds towards a new 3ds lmao

Come on Wii U trade in promo.
Trading IN a Wii U or trading in FOR a Wii U?

Also, it seems to be the same as the other promo, where the base is bumped up. I'm totally torn on it. I don't see myself ever playing this 3DSXL, given I've had it almost 10 months and never turned it on. However, I feel like an unused Smash 3DSXL is worth more than $100 in credit. Having the extra $100 to throw towards my impending One purchase means I'd probably not spend much of anything on the Xbox.

Also, it seems to be the same as the other promo, where the base is bumped up. I'm totally torn on it. I don't see myself ever playing this 3DSXL, given I've had it almost 10 months and never turned it on. However, I feel like an unused Smash 3DSXL is worth more than $100 in credit. Having the extra $100 to throw towards my impending One purchase means I'd probably not spend much of anything on the Xbox.

Trading in, lol.

That Xbox One free controller + free game promotion has really got me thinking about trading in my xbox one and upgrading to an Elite console. I was planning on buying Black Ops 3 anyway. I was planning on buying an elite controller some day anyway. I also have two ps3 systems to trade in with the $100 trade promotion. 

My question is will the $250 xbox one trade in promotion and the $100 PS3/Xbox 360 trade in promotion both work together simultaneously? Are they the same promotion code? I know sometimes the Gamestop POS picks whichever promotion is the best value and cancels the others. 

I know it would be ymmv getting the Gamestop employee to accept two ps3 consoles that are exactly the same. That's a crapshoot. I've done it successfully in the past and I've been rejected in the past.

Instead of a free game, I'd really like to get $59.99 off of my Black Ops 3 Hardened Edition preorder... for the ps4, which I'm going to guess would require a really unbelievably nice manager and a manual override. I'd be fine getting Halo 5 instead.

It would be great if any of this would work. I could trade my xbox one, two ps3's and spend $50 of my Gamestop credit for a 1TB Xbox One console, elite controller, regular controller, and $59.99 game? Sounds way to good to be true. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the GS and inquire about this idea, but I know people who follow this thread will be able to give me clearer and more intelligent answers than even the most informed GS employee. 

So, it's been over 90 days. Anyone try their luck that got suspended?
Yes, someone reported that they were able to trade back in yesterday without any problems (this was from going over trade limit during the 50% boomerang / flip-a-palooza). It was just over 90 days.

Joke aside when does the $100 360/PS3 trade in end? My plan is to do the 250+100 towards the 1TB Gears/Rare/Ori bundle with Halo 5/Chief Controller this Sunday.

P.S No tax is so awesome with credits

Joke aside when does the $100 360/PS3 trade in end? My plan is to do the 250+100 towards the 1TB Gears/Rare/Ori bundle with Halo 5/Chief Controller this Sunday.

P.S No tax is so awesome with credits
11/21 ..... I still had to pay tax on the whole thing when i traded in $370 worth of stuff.

Joao, on 03 Nov 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:
11/21 ..... I still had to pay tax on the whole thing when i traded in $370 worth of stuff.
Maybe you live in one of those states that tax credits. GS doesn't charge credit tax in NJ. *tax is like $30 so it's nice

They even taxed me when I traded in my Xbox One...I was appalled! But it didn't stop there!  They then had the unmitigated gall to ask for the blood of my first born male son! All of it, even!  I was livid.

Well I snapped! Lost it, right there!

I expertly head faked the manager with a move towards the magazine rack! Like a sucker, he fell for it.  As he realized his folly and attempted to turn around, I caught him in the temple with a well-thrown Joker and Harley Quinn 2nd Edition Statue.  Dropped him like Organic Chemistry II in college.

Ever since, I've been the champ.

Yep, and PA is no longer a no tax on trade credit state. IIRC, it was a few years ago, but fuck ers are getting greedy.
1. Do they have a list of stores who tax on credit? I'm sure IL does, they try to tax everything.

2. Can you order online with credit for in-store pickup (or even delivery) to attempt to skirt that tax?

Yep, and PA is no longer a no tax on trade credit state. IIRC, it was a few years ago, but fuck ers are getting greedy.
Bah that blows... Employee didnt really know what i was talking about when i questioned it.

Oh well... It was worth it. If i take my cost for everything i traded in + extra paid. It came out to $285 straight up for the forza bundle. Still a lot of dolo, but i gotta treat myself sometimes and i really do prefer the xbox for some reason.

1. Do they have a list of stores who tax on credit? I'm sure IL does, they try to tax everything.

2. Can you order online with credit for in-store pickup (or even delivery) to attempt to skirt that tax?
And yes for question #2 since you don't actually pay until you get there.

OP*

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?

Spoiler
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

I traded to in at Gamestop and have an eBay gift card. What can I do? Just outright buy a Best Buy gift card with an eBay one?

My Day1 edition XBox1 is slow as heck, thinking it might be time to trade it in and try for the BB route -- that $50 gc and game I'd likely trade back in could help pay for the the Xenogears and such coming out later in December (plus I'd get free epizza I read... have no clue what that is though!).

Are there only two model of the 1tb Xbox one - the forza and the elite? Is there not another version? Not really interested in either.

My Day1 edition XBox1 is slow as heck, thinking it might be time to trade it in and try for the BB route -- that $50 gc and game I'd likely trade back in could help pay for the the Xenogears and such coming out later in December (plus I'd get free epizza I read... have no clue what that is though!).

Are there only two model of the 1tb Xbox one - the forza and the elite? Is there not another version? Not really interested in either.
Forza, Elite, Halo, Tomb Raider, Holiday (Gears, Rare, Ori), and I'm probably forgetting one or two others.

Only Forza and Halo are painted. Elite has the SSHD and special controller in a black consoles. The others are plain black, nothing special but the games.

Forza, Elite, Halo, Tomb Raider, Holiday (Gears, Rare, Ori), and I'm probably forgetting one or two others.
Thanks for that -- as soon as I went back to Twitter I saw the Holiday and TR ones advertised. I could do the TR or Halo, but hoping to find something cheaper than $399 -- thought I saw something yesterday that advertised it at $300 somewhere? Gotta dig through all of these ads and free controllers and games and such from everywhere -- there's a LOT of xbox promos going on this season!

Thanks for that -- as soon as I went back to Twitter I saw the Holiday and TR ones advertised. I could do the TR or Halo, but hoping to find something cheaper than $399 -- thought I saw something yesterday that advertised it at $300 somewhere? Gotta dig through all of these ads and free controllers and games and such from everywhere -- there's a LOT of xbox promos going on this season!
I think that was Dell, and maybe for a 500-GB.

Dell has the Gears of War bundle, 500GB with Fall Out 4 and a free controller for $300.  I expect others to do similar ones.

Usually the holiday bundles are here throughout the holidays, and then Black Friday you will see things added to the bundles, Giftcards, and sometimes lower prices.  Seems like MS may be doing all three as Dell never has the best deals on these... or Dell could have the best deal and surprise everyone.

I really want to upgrade my 500GB Sunset Overdrive Bundle to the 1TB Halo Bundle. I just can't justify that extra $100 for it though.

Dell has the Gears of War bundle, 500GB with Fall Out 4 and a free controller for $300. I expect others to do similar ones.

Usually the holiday bundles are here throughout the holidays, and then Black Friday you will see things added to the bundles, Giftcards, and sometimes lower prices. Seems like MS may be doing all three as Dell never has the best deals on these... or Dell could have the best deal and surprise everyone.
I'm personally taking the gamble and holding out on a better Xbone BF deal. Since the PS4 price drop, it only makes sense for MS to really push for some sweet deals. I just don't see them blowing their load on this upcoming 2 day deal at GS and Best Buy. Also, Dell has never had the best console deals on BF. Last year, I think that title went to Target - they had the best if not one of the best deals for Xbox. I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider so I'm just going to hold out until the end of this month and play some calladoodie and give glitchcity Fallout 4 a try.

Also GS is going to be holding CoD tournaments at their stores for their midnight launch with a raffle. iirc tournament winners get a free game at GS. No details yet on whether BB is going to be giving out any free swag for their midnight launch.

I really want to upgrade my 500GB Sunset Overdrive Bundle to the 1TB Halo Bundle. I just can't justify that extra $100 for it though.
The Halo 5 LE is $100. The HDD boost is normally $50. The controller is $10 more than a basic one (though you obviously have a white one). You can flip the FOTUS armor. Sounds like a deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back